Gallagher Bassett Employee Reviews

Caseload is too high
Senior claims adjuster (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 4, 2016
Co-workers were great. To many demands made on adjusters. It is impossible to manage all daily tasks with amount of claims being handled by the adjusters
Challenging.
claims adjuster (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 28, 2015
GB is a challenging work place. The amount of work overwhelming at times, little support and a unsympathetic management.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
Work environment.
Productive and good place to be
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove ILAugust 20, 2015
Everyday I learn something new working in this environment with these great co workers. I am always busy and open to expanding my knowledge. There is a great vibe in this workplace due to the happy individuals working here and the management. The management cares a lot about their employees and helps them achieve what they want in their career. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unhappy claimants. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help and satisfy the clients and our members on a daily basis.
Pros
The benefits, great boss, paid vacation, weekends off
Cons
short staff, not enough vacation days
Very professional staff and environment
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 19, 2015
Position was exactly what I had thought it was. The location and the building is gorgeous. Every staff member extremely professional. Great organization.
Pros
Professional Environment
Cons
nothing really that I can think of
Great Place t work
EDI ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 15, 2015
I worked for a wonderful Manager. The people there are very nice and helpful. The location is wonderful. They have both indoor and outdoor parking, and restaurants in the building.
This place is the WORST!
Paralegal, Western Litigation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2015
Working at Western Litigation was a nightmare! Huge turnover in employees and you never knew who you were working for. The DRAMA in our department was almost like reliving high school with your boss and her minion as the "mean girls." I would never recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
Some of the attorneys seemed very intelligent although not in my department
Cons
Unorganized, high rate of turnover, low morale, NO team effort
Great pay & benefits, horrible work/life balance
Senior Worker's Compensation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Washington DCJuly 12, 2015
GB has a great pay structure and some wonderful perks including usable technology, decent supervisors/managers and all the boons that come with having vendors constantly soliciting your business. However with this comes the darker picture that after the honeymoon period you will take on not only your own casework but that of your departing colleagues, to the point of doing two people's jobs eventually.Though all claims jobs are busy, you will not be able to share your job with others while sick or on vacation and will find a 50-60hr workweek is the norm even for management. Some supervisors will go the distance to help but do not expect miracles because they, too, are pulling 55hr workweeks and doing billing from home every night. The service they sell is good but they just don't hire enough people to do the job without taking shortcuts or hoping certain things, like taking full recorded statements or investigating vs rubber-stamping overbilling by various vendors, don't come back to bite them down the road. When it happens the adjuster gets blamed despite the fact the office turned a blind eye to constant shortcuts that whole time, as long as closing ratio was good. Clients catch a lot of these too. Those hired tend to be quality people but too much is expected of them and the good ones eventually leave despite the excellent pay because a 6 to 7 day workweek isn't realistic long-term. Perfect job if you are a single workaholic or have the time to devote to climbing the corporate ladder to the exclusion of much else.
Pros
Nice people, good systems, better than average pay & benefits
Cons
Crazy caseload when others quit, replace rather than retain adjusters philosophy. No real training program in place
Good Work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 3, 2015
It's good work and good pay, not for someone trying to commute by bus other than that it is good work.Every morning you are expected to get there and start sorting the faxes while answering every phone call and write letters to send out to new clients. when mail comes you are expected to drop everything to help the specifically hired mail sorter to help her sort/stamp/deliver mail. after that you can go back to your piling faxes and letters. your phone calls are many.You are supposed to answer every phone call but you can't put any on hold and if the go through the bounce to your co-worker then your superior. Basically you are in trouble no matter what because the person it bounces to, never answers their phone.
Pros
Good Pay, nice vendors, fun
Cons
rude co-workers
great place
Claims Adjuster I/Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXJune 22, 2015
good communication, no micro management. I work for GB, but I've never had to visit and office. I work at my clients office, and love the communication we have. they give me the opportunity to get my work done.
Excellent Company
Senior Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 8, 2015
Family oriented company with wonderful management. Leadership is very involved and egaged with the employees, and work to ensure everyone excels in their career.
Pros
Culture, team and family oriented
Productive position
Technical Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMay 29, 2015
Answering multiple phone line ad with clerical functions.
Set up and coordinated audits and claims as requested from account manager.
Pros
monthly trainings
Cons
N/A
employee oriented employer
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FlJuly 22, 2014
Multiple accounts and office, lend to ever changing work experiences
Pros
good benefits
Cons
workload can make balance home/work hard
Great company, fabulous people to work with and clean offices.
Director of Network Development (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 16, 2014
Great company, fabulous people to work with and clean offices.
Gallagher Bassett is a good company move on for advancement
Claim Representative-Worker Compensation (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 21, 2014
Gallagher Bassett is a good company move on for advancement
Great place to work with an amazing staff
SENIOR CLAIMS ADJUSTER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Handled claims from sun up to sun down. It was a very busy office. Transferred from Illinois to Missouri so gained the knowledge of an additional state's Workers' Compensation laws.
hard work
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 3, 2013
I answered phone calls from people looking for there workers comp check wondering where there were. Processed state checks, produced spreadsheets for adjusters and completed projects for them. Completed state form for adjusters that were filing new claims.
Pros
experience
Cons
management, very stressful
Great pay
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 9, 2013
Great pay... loved the freedom of self employment. No vacation or holiday though.
Ambitious, growing company with a good work environment.
Interventions Manager (Current Employee) –  London, OHApril 1, 2013
There is a very positive working environment and a lot of ambition within the company as shown by recent growth and the move to new premises.
Very busy and always changing
Medical Only Adjuster/Claims Support (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 14, 2013
Fast past, able to resolve most issues in the office from my Network and computer training. All around person for this office the go to person to get issues resolved and stream line the work flow.

Assisted 3 adjusters with all aspect of they're desk.
Filing forms, answering and resolving unpaid provider medical bills or paid incorrectly. Paid bills through the Advocater resolved issues with the Advocater program for attorney bills. Meet deadlines on filing PLN forms. Pay mileage timely. Get files out to defense and plaintiff attorneys. Get medical records out for Peer review. RME's and IME's. Researched and resolved all medical dispute resolutions. Created form letter templates for the entire clerical staff. Instructed and trained all clerical staff on procedures and processes along with new adjusters.

Researched the need to revamp the way the clerical staff was set up to assist the adjusters. This was put in place last year.

I really don't believe there was anything hard about this job. I challenge myself on everything I do.
Pros
was able to use all my skills that i have been trained on prior to this job.
Cons
went 4 years without a raise, cut back the overtime, 35 hour work week but worked more hours than they paid you for.
very caring and family type atmosphere
Medical Only Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2012
The case load can be a bit high and hard to manage at times. There is a lot of deadlines that have to be met at a specific time frame but once you get the hang of it it becomes a lot easier to manage.
Pros
the compensation
Cons
a lot of work which could be very stressful