Assist client school administrators in the administration of the student health insurance plan. This function will be responsible for the coordination of the flow of information between Account Management, Sales, ITS, Customer Service and Enrollment, and Finance. Each Client Service Representative must work collaboratively with all personnel. Client Services is the one frontline support area that will interact, on a consistent and frequent basis, with employees from all departments of the company. Client Service Representatives will be responsible for assisting the Account Management and Sales teams to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures as they relate to the ongoing education of all stakeholders (students, parents, schools and claims companies.) including, but not limited to, operational procedures for enrollment, eligibility, benefits, and claims issues/problems.
- Coordinate the processing of enrollment data for each term of the client school in accordance with company protocol in conjunction with the ITS and the Finance departments.
- Serve as the ‘point person’ for client inquiries related to benefits or claims and for client referred student inquiries related to benefits or claims.
- Responsible for the regular contact [via telephone, email, or in-person] with client schools to assess service satisfaction level and to follow-up on appropriate requests.
- Work with assigned clients to understand unique requirements they may have with regards to contract language and communicate these requirements to the appropriate managers.
- Review insurance products master policies for accuracy and distribution.
- Generate monthly letters to students regarding prescription drug maximum benefits.
- Coordinate printed materials [i.e. buckslips and brochures] and other deliverables [i.e. Rx ID cards] to client schools with the relevant underwriters, Vice President of Account Management, Vice President of Customer Service and Enrollment, and Sales.
- Work collaboratively with the Account Management and Sales teams to ensure a successful client school plan implementation.
- Research discrepancies that may have arisen to resolve any problems between client schools or company records in a timely manner.
- Develop and/or revise student and client communications.
- Proactively identify and report on departmental and organizational issues that affect client schools.
- Other projects as directed by the Manager of Client Services.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science required. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A BA OR BS DEGREE.
- Two or more years in a customer/client services position, preferably in healthcare. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE CUSTOMER/CLIENT SERVICE EXPERIENCE IN AN OFFICE SETTING. Food Service and Retail store work experience is not applicable.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Some travel is required.
- Ability to effectively manage large accounts
- Stay organized
- Be pro-active
- Assess an account strategically for improvement and growth
- Critical eye
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage competing/multiple priorities
- Work within set deadlines
- Work well under pressure
Gallagher Koster is committed to being the nation's leading full-service independent insurance program administrator for the education...