Gallagher Employee Reviews

Great culture
Client Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 14, 2017
Gallagher has a laid back work environment however you are expected to perform at a very high level. The management is embracing ways to create more benefits to the employees.
Never a dull moment
Accountant/Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 13, 2017
Typical day consists of wearing multiple hats. I work for a manager who most said was hard to work for. Not true! My boss is a great communicator and really cares about his team.
Pros
Office collaboration
Cons
Long periods of time sitting
consistency lacking, work load stacking, still somewhat relaxing
Technical Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 12, 2017
Coming in with no experience, I didn't know what to expect.

What appeared to be a great stepping stone for evolution within the industry, turned out to be a stepping stool of stagnancy.

My immediate management was great, as well as the in office environment.

Unfortunately, my immediate manager couldn't do much to help me excel, and the outside supervisors had no desire to grant me any promotion.

Also, I was advised that my entry salary was lower than standard, even though I was constantly told my contributions exceeded expectations.

I am told that the adjuster level at this company does not come with sufficient training, but is not short of stress and ridiculous expectation.

This company may potentially be great for another person, just not myself. Hence the acknowledgment of the lack of consistency.
Pros
no distractions, relaxed, occasional treats, Pto, WFH option, benefits
Cons
excessive workload at times, lack of communication, lack of incentives
Senior Workers' Comp Claims Adjuster
Senior Worker's Comp Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 10, 2017
Review mail
Review and work on diary items
Management was supportive and contributed to the work family friendly work environment
The hardest thing about my job was the type of accounts assigned
While I was at Gallagher I enjoyed the great work environment and the people in the office.
Pros
Able to relocate to other offices
Poor management
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 7, 2017
Poor management. Lack of flexibility. Negative work environment. Lack of support from management. Unmanageable caseloads. Lack of training and development.
Great Workplace
Risk Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 7, 2017
This is a very large agency that believes in the open door policy. There are plenty of training options and advancement. The staff is always friendly and they really care about their employees.
Great people
Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 6, 2017
I enjoyed my job however the work was a bit stressful, however working with the people I worked with helped make it more bearable. I had a great manager, good clients, great rapport with them.
Benefits
Cons
A little stressfull
fun workplace
Senior Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 6, 2017
laid back work environment with great co-workers. Everybody is very helpful and makes each day enjoyable. They provide proper and adequate training for each employee.
Don't work here
Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 4, 2017
unfair, toxic work environment, s xual harassment around every corner, unethical, low moral, no employee merit increases for years in a row, revolving door
Extreme workload
A/P A/R Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 3, 2017
Gallagher is a great employer to work for if you want a fast paced workday with many projects. Everyday there is something different to work on, in addition to your regular workload.

Sometimes it can get quite overwhelming but it is rewarding when you complete a project and can move onto the next!

There are a lot of great women to work with in this company.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Lack of management
This was a very stressful place to work.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 30, 2017
I handled a personal lines book of business which included everything from writing new business to processing renewals and endorsements. I also took 1st report claims.

The most enjoyable part of this job was the commute.
Pros
Benefits and the commute
Cons
No freedom
Great company culture with people easy to talk to
Sales & Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Hennepin County, MNNovember 30, 2017
As an intern, I could experience broad aspect of the company, particularly learned how consultants deal with clients and prospects and sales techniques including how to approach to prospects properly through email or onsite visitation.
Contract Employment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32301November 29, 2017
This was contract employment that lasted 8 weeks. The work included travel to out of state work sites. The company paid for and made the travel arrangements and paid per diem for meals.

A typical day of work started early in the morning (6:30 - 7:00AM) and ended in sometimes at 5:00 or 6:00 PM. I learned several computer platforms that provided some great experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. The other benefit enrollers were nice people from all parts of the country and in the evenings since we all stayed at the same hotel we could visit and learn about them and their families.
Pros
Travel to other states
Cons
Work was kind of stressful, physically draining
Professional Business Work Environment
Benefit Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 28, 2017
You must dress appropriately. This job teachers what it is like to be in a professional work environment. The Management is a little dysfunctional the people who are not in charge know what their doing and the people who are in charge are clueless. The hardest part of the job is it can be really fast paced and you will be super busy all day. The best part is some days it is really slow so you almost get a free day.
Fair
Worker's Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 27, 2017
It can be a fair employment. However, I had personal reasons for leaving. Regional supervisor is great, would have loved the opportunity to advance. But there is limited advancement in the Birmingham office.
Cubicle Farm Call Center
Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 21, 2017
Typical work day is busy in the office, setting up claims, lots of company supplied training which sometimes led you to have to work late. Management was good, but that depends on who you are working for. Sometimes your supervisor is always in and sometimes they work from home and don't return calls and emails go hours without response. The culture in the office is diversified; it depends on the branch, but most people keep their heads down and just plow through the day.

I'd say the hardest part is trying to schedule your day as there is always a new fire starting within the claims business and every single claim is a top priority. This coupled with the slowly impeding micromanagement can prove trying at times, but you learn to adapt and get through your day. Also, training when you get a promotion or transfer to a new department (new client training) tends to be lacking in some branches, according to office chatter.

The company does make a good effort at recognizing hard work and jobs well done.

I most enjoyed learning how to better help people that are in a time of need and being the person to resolve their problems and get them back to their daily life in a seamless fashion. It really makes you feel good to help not only the client by protecting them, but also a claimant who has a legitimate
Pros
Winning free days off, lunches and breakfasts
Cons
micromanagement, some supervisors not always avilable
Good workplace
Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 20, 2017
Good company to work for. Management are nice. They are very supportive. It is a fast pace place. People there are nice. Great benefits. Office is located in a nice area.
Stressful Environment and Unreasonable Workload
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 18, 2017
Stay away from here! Been working here for several years - workload is absolutely unreasonable. Not only do I need to handle a large book of business, but there are so so so many professional service standards to abide by which is like adding a 2nd job on top of what I'm already doing. Upper management just does not care for the employees here and are only concerned with keeping shareholders happy. There are no bonuses, employees have to pay for their own Christmas party (no joke) through internal fundraisers, and you can forget about ever getting a raise no matter how hard you work. In addition, the software systems we use are so very not user friendly and are always stalling and slow. I don't know of a single person at this company who is happy to be working here - employee morale is extremely low and turnover is high. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone - even if you're desperate for a job.
Pros
Pay is decent, co-workers are nice
Cons
Extremely stressful, heavy workloads, little training, miserable environment
Productive and nice office.
Sr. Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2017
Nice company to work for with pleasant co workers. Long drive but the offices were nice and in a good area. Work levels were stressful however the management would provide helpful feedback.
Pros
Management would provide helpful feed back.
Cons
Long drive and long hours
Job
Client Counsel, Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 17, 2017
Great place to work. There are larger places and better places but it is job and they have a lot of great clients. Just like any place there are pros and cons to working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher. Our community is ready to answer.