Galls Inc Employee Reviews

Galls
Warehouse / Delivery Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 18, 2013
fun place to work, laid back, decent pay/benefits, paid holidays,
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
hot in summer
Great company with good oppourtunity
MANAGER - CONTRACT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 3, 2012
I have had the good fortune of obtaining a position with Galls one year after graduating from college. I began my career with Galls as a Merchandiser and I have quickly progressed through the ranks at Galls and was able to take part in the creation of a new department within the company. My movement has allowed me to see almost all the varying facetious of the company and what makes Galls the largest LE distributor in the country.

The employees are hard working and dedicated to the company and passionate about the people they serve in the LE and Public Safety industry. The rank and file employees have amazing longevity at the company they are so proud to work for. The same, unfortunately, can not be said about the senior management team.

In the 6 years I have worked for the company there have been 4 presidents, and multiple change out in the functional vice-president positions. With every change at the top, comes changing company priorities and direction. Most recently Galls was sold to an investment group which has created yet again, a new set of priorities and direction to be executed against.

The most difficult thing working for Galls is the constant changing priorities, what the strategic direction of the company is not necessarily the direct the company is working toward 6 months from now.

The best thing about working for Galls is the ability to work with great customers and co-worker and know that you are helping provide quality product at a fair value to men and women who put their lives on the line every day to ensure our safety.
Pros
family oriented company, extensive
Cons
healthcare, constant shifting priorities and direction
Galls is a wonderful place to work
Copywriter, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 12, 2012
I loved working at Galls, maybe someday I'll go back there. I love the management and the company as a whole.
Pros
good managers, good products, fair pay
Cons
difficult industry, recession