Galls Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Good job.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 9, 2017
Overall I liked the job. I just wasn't receiving hours I needed to pay bills. Lots of budget cuts. Other employees were nice and helpful. Managers are very nice and helpful.
Fun Place to Work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 3, 2017
Galls Public Safety was such a fun place to work. Customer Service phone sales could be stressful at times but sales floor was a blast. Public Safety!
Great Job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 11, 2017
Galls was a production facility. I did not want to move out of town and leave this job but I had to due to sickness of a family member.
The pay was a little low but I loved the job.
Pros
coworkers, pace of production
Cons
it was hot inside the factory
Overtime all the time
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 25, 2017
The management of this company is terrible. Many people who has been there for 20+ years isn't even getting paid like they should. Starting wage is $10 and in two years you will at most will get .40 cent raise. The bathrooms are nasty all the time! Expect to work 10 hours everyday and weekends. The coworkers are great to work with; But until they get better at managing the company, I'm not going back.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Overtime, cleanliness of the place, pay and management
Good Experience
Team leader Collections (Former Employee) –  Lexington KYJuly 27, 2015
Overall a good experience. Work life balance was good. Worked in several positions while with company. Left due to better opportunity within Lexington area
Galls
Warehouse / Delivery Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 18, 2013
fun place to work, laid back, decent pay/benefits, paid holidays,
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
hot in summer
Great company with good oppourtunity
MANAGER - CONTRACT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 3, 2012
I have had the good fortune of obtaining a position with Galls one year after graduating from college. I began my career with Galls as a Merchandiser and I have quickly progressed through the ranks at Galls and was able to take part in the creation of a new department within the company. My movement has allowed me to see almost all the varying facetious of the company and what makes Galls the largest LE distributor in the country.

The employees are hard working and dedicated to the company and passionate about the people they serve in the LE and Public Safety industry. The rank and file employees have amazing longevity at the company they are so proud to work for. The same, unfortunately, can not be said about the senior management team.

In the 6 years I have worked for the company there have been 4 presidents, and multiple change out in the functional vice-president positions. With every change at the top, comes changing company priorities and direction. Most recently Galls was sold to an investment group which has created yet again, a new set of priorities and direction to be executed against.

The most difficult thing working for Galls is the constant changing priorities, what the strategic direction of the company is not necessarily the direct the company is working toward 6 months from now.

The best thing about working for Galls is the ability to work with great customers and co-worker and know that you are helping provide quality product at a fair value to men and women who put their lives on the line every day to ensure our safety.
Pros
family oriented company, extensive
Cons
healthcare, constant shifting priorities and direction
Galls is a wonderful place to work
Copywriter, Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 12, 2012
I loved working at Galls, maybe someday I'll go back there. I love the management and the company as a whole.
Pros
good managers, good products, fair pay
Cons
difficult industry, recession