Galls Employee Reviews

Productive work.
Order Selector/picker/audit loop (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work is trying to help clear product from zone 1 to 4. then go either help in the audit loop or run to audit loop till the end of the night.

what I have learned in a way to sit back observe how I would do things a little different to progress product out the door. learned to 01 pick etc. audit loop. replein and order select.

management in some seems to slack in the idea of "pushing" motivating employees to work hard. communication between leads and management to create a plan to excel productivity within Galls.

co workers are good people some hard working some not as much.

hardest part of the job that I see is the audit loop mianly because it is a two person job at times. or the break system with in a 10 hour schedule.

most enjoyable part is to learn as much as I can.
Pros
free lunches on the weekend. laid back enviroment.
Cons
most weeks its 10 hour shifts with only one day off if were lucky, waiting 3 hours for break, trying to pick up slack from other employees to make it where we dont have to work the weekend.
productive, fun work environment,friendly staff
Kentucky - Picker/stocker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 5, 2016
You would always have work to do which wasn't bad since the work wasn't to physical demanding and the people made the place lively at night. they showed me how to work a couple different machines, they were really patient on showing me how to work around their old system. My co-workers were amazing and more lively then i thought a night shift would be, working with them was all jokes and laughs while everybody still worked hard.They would make the night fly right by every shift. Not many hard parts of the job besides lifting up pretty heavy boxes since i had experience at amazon prior to this job.The most enjoyable part would be being able to work with the amazing night shift at Galls.
Pros
free lunches every so often when the managers felt generous.
Cons
none really
Lots of issues
Outbound Shipping Associate/ Training Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 11, 2016
No advancement opportunity. Supervisors have favorites who are promoted although not qualified for positions. Pay not great at all. Must have approved vacation to be off of work on Sundays regardless of religious beliefs.
Retail Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 17, 2016
As Quartermaster retail store it was great. Staff was friendly and management was not over bearing. Provided in house alterations and embroidery. Once Gall took over SOP changed and closed the store in order to be solely online.
Cons
Closed retail locaation
Always keeps you busy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 16, 2017
My total review on working at galls is that it's a different type of retail. You always stay busy. There is never really down time to take because of big projects, and customers.
Pros
You really get a chance to know your customer and help them
Cons
Procedures always changing
current employee
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KyJuly 6, 2016
Great place to work for. Balance work life and great management. Challenging work environment and changing. great employees and staff create a positive work environment.
Pros
growth opportunities
Cons
fast paced
fun place to work,great supervisors,ability to learn new things
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 17, 2016
fun place to work, I had great supervisors,had ability to learn new tasks,early start time and getting off early made it easy to take care of other things
Good people serving good people.
Managed Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYMarch 20, 2014
I enjoyed my years at Galls. The customers were mostly members of Police, Fire, Corrections and Sheriff's Departments. Each day brought on a new challenge. I enjoyed the people I worked with on the Galls team as well. My position was eliminated or I would still be there today. Galls is a good company with a decent pay plan, good benefits and a good schedule. One thing I really liked about being a sales person at Galls was that many peoples lives were saved because of the products we sold them. I will miss the customers, co-workers and the job.
Pros
8-5 M-F, No weekends, Developed great relationships
Cons
Job Security, Compensation
Great place to get experience, with helpful management and co-workers.
production associate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 26, 2016
It was an amazing place to start and get experience, the management and employees were kind and helpful. Galls was a great place to get started in life.
ok
inventory database specialist (Former Employee) –  company out of Lexington, KY but i worked at home.June 8, 2016
I didn't work at Galls long enough to get an idea of the company. I was hired after ASR in Tennessee sold the company. I worked from home and most, if not, all of my communication with them was online thru e-mails.
Assisted emergency personnel with their purchases
Retail Representative (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 4, 2016
Typical day at work is helping customers with their needs, measuring officers for their uniforms and vests.
The coworkers are helpful.
Very good
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoy working at Galls, you learn something new everyday. The hardest part of everyday is knowing the computer system. I enjoy everyone i work with. my coworkers can be tough at times. but i honestly enjoy working with everyone. Management could be better, but she has become a good mother figure to me,
good place to work
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 26, 2016
great place to work if you're barely going into the work force, co workers are friendly and are able to help you out if needed, the best part of the job is that it's stable and constant
Very Nice Place to Work
regional account manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 4, 2016
This company has done the most to encourage their sales team more than any other job i have had. They provide incentives to succeed.
Best job I have ever had!
Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 24, 2012
Started this job in 2005. I loved every part of my job. It was very diversified in that I was asked to work in and help all of the
departments. I worked primarily as the HR Assistant but
could be asked to help out in any section or department. I helped
with Easter Bunny, Halloween, and Christmas activities for the
children of our employees. It was fun to watch them grow! I helped
the HR manager who administered the Health aspect of our
Company. We gave flu shots, did Biometrics, and had several
health -based physical activity competitions.

I might go to work one morning and have a message on my phone
that I was needed to work the front desk and phones. I always
just did what was asked of me without question.

I really liked working for and with the whole HR Department. From
the HRVP to the HR Generalists I was treated with respect and we
really formed a close-knit group.

I learned a lot about employment policies and Government laws and
policies.

If another company had not bought us and required lay-offs, I would
still be there.
Good job, not organized
Managed Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 14, 2012
It's a great place to meet people, lots to do but management is not always on the same page. Most of the time, you have to take matters into your own hands.
Pros
standard hours
Cons
healthcare plans, management
Forklift operator
Order Picker Forklift operations (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 3, 2014
Filled orders to be shipped, loaded manifests, and assisted w/ various tasks in the shipping department.
Pros
pay
Cons
laid off because of lack of work
Customer Service Nightmare
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2013
I did not enjoy working for this company. The managers were very difficult to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galls. Our community is ready to answer.