GAMBRO Employee Reviews

Nice company to have worked for
Dialysis Technician (Former Employee) –  Howard County, MD/goldsbora nc.April 5, 2017
Gambro gave me my start when i needed to transfer to another state they helped make my transition so much easier while helping to locate a job as close to where i would be living
Pros
Always allowed us to do fun things
Cons
Company closed down
Great learning place
BO Tester/ Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
It is good place to work with new technology like QA/BI. Learn a lot in the company. Environment is friendly. Team is helping a lot to each other. And hour are flexible for all.
Great job experience in healthcare
Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALJanuary 6, 2016
I learned so much in 4 years and it was a great place to learn good work ethics. I got experience with office work and even more hands on experience as a patient care technician. The ability to help in the process of dialysis for many patients local and from abroad gave me a sense of pride. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of being a caregiver from a medical view point.
Pros
Great work group and company as a whole
Great Fun Positive atmosphere to work in my boss was here was awsome
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2015
Great place to work at long hours but it was worth it. scheduled patients appointments and transportation. put indaily charges. this was a great place to work I learned a lot.
Gambro-Hemodialysis
RN Acute Hemodialysis (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 24, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company in Acute's. They had an excellent team of Doctors and staff! I enjoyed traveling to the nearby hospitals to do a treatment in the patients room. Some days were a bit of a challenge setting up the machines without enough water pressure.
Pros
Providing patients with one on one excellent care as they needed!
Cons
Being on call when roads were closed!
Gambro was bought out by Davita and shown tremendous growth ever since
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 25, 2014
Worked in a clinical setting. 3 shifts in a day. Multiple patients. Get to really know your patient and family well since you care for them 3 days a week.
Productivity
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 9, 2014
A typical day in a hemodialysis setting is very busy. I learned QAPI, Inventory management. IDT meeting. The hardest part of the job is working with short staff. The most enjoyable part of the job is patient satisfaction.
Gambro is a global medical technology company and a leader in developing, manufacturing
Ab Initio Developer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 3, 2013
and supplying products and therapies for Kidney and Liver dialysis, Myeloma Kidney Therapy, and other
extra corporeal therapies for Chronic and Acute patients. For decades, Gambro has been first to market with
many groundbreaking innovations
In Hospital Acute RN
Acute RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 16, 2013
Provided hemodialysis to Chronic and Acute kidney failure patients while hospitalized. Fresenius Dialysis machine pushed to pt's room and RO water system set up and tested to provide 3 to 4 hours of dialysis to pt's in their room
Pros
flexible scheduling, variety of work sites
Cons
heavy machine, inconsistant case load
Gambro was a fun and good place to work.
Batcher /Blender (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLOctober 19, 2012
I started at 6:23 A.M. and worked until 7:53 P.M. while at Gambro I learned how to work in the fill room, overwrap room,batching room, and packaging. Co-workers were great, The hardest part of the job was the 12hr. days and weekends.
Pros
1/2 hr. lunch and two 15min breaks
Cons
long day when short of co-workers.
Great place to work at.
Software QA Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CO.October 5, 2012
I was a QA Analyst for this company. It was a very pleasant work environment and a great company to work for. I will provide details on my job function and all during a job interview. Thanks
Pros
na
Cons
na
I've made the greatest friends
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COAugust 7, 2012
Lego's and glue poeple. for the money there is not better job. the hours are really intense start at 4:00 but you get out of there at 2 so it does have some benefit.
Pros
poeple
Cons
hours
Great work and educational experience
Home Dialysis Peritoneal Dialysis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2012
Each day brought new challenges and learning experiences regarding:

The dynamics of ESRD, treatment modalities and the impact the disease process imposed on patients and their families socially and economically.

The importance of flexibility in the management , and being able to ensure the smooth running of daily operations.

Maintaining a happy work environment among employee and client was the most challenging.

Most enjoyable aspect of the job was having good patient outcomes and a team that worked cohesively.
Pros
advancement in ones career. good benefits
Cons
extended work hours.
Fast paced work enviorment-like a family.
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 28, 2012
I enjoyed working at Davita and stayed with them for 7 years. I loved the patients-we really got to know them since they came at least 3 times a week. It was a serious work envirements since they were all on dialysis machines and needed to be monitored at all times. The staff was great-we all worked together to get the job done. Unfornately I fell at home and smashed my wrist and had to have 3 surgeries and physical theray after each one. I was out so long that they had to fill the space with a live person they could count on being there. I was not able to do that at that time.
Pros
four day work week