Gamesa Employee Reviews

Out of Buisness at this location
Safety Intern (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAJune 6, 2015
This location is no longer open so i have no idea what to put in this area other than it seemed like an ok place to work. They are union
Wiring and testing wind turbine nacel
Final Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAApril 17, 2015
6am -2pm
Wiring top cabinet,transformer cabinets,testing all functions of wind turbine
Good
Very good
Hardest job when we had to finish testdo in limited time and apears more technical problems from Vendor devices
most enjoyable part of job was succesful process of final testing and finishing wiring.
Horrible Corporate Structure
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Pomeroy, IAJanuary 25, 2015
This was by far the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Upper management was untrustworthy and unreliable. There was almost no support given to those of us in the field. The company did not have even a rudimentary understanding of project finance reporting. The SCADA system used by this company was incredibly out dated and often non functional.
Challenging and changing
Warehouse, Turbine Technician, and Safety Captain (Current Employee) –  West Brooklyn, ILFebruary 15, 2014
Gamesa is new for me only been with them about 8 months and I'm not sure I agree with the positions of the company or its view of the industry. They are about on par with other larger companies and they seem to be genuinely wanting to be the best in their niche.
Pros
challenging, freedom or liberty, and always changing
Cons
new industry lots of false assumptions and people
Very much enjoy working in construction.
E.H.S Site Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spruce Mt.MaineJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at the work site would begin with an inspection of the area. I would then review the work load for the day and plan out our saftey meeting for the morning. My daily objective was to protect all employees from injury,the injury being a careless mistake in judgement to a error in planning ,it was my personal goal to work safe and send my workers home in the exact health they had shown up in that morning. My other duties included reports and communication with my employer and the site supervisor.The hardest part of my job was to convince all the workers i had there saftey at heart and i was not there to give them a hard time. Often saftey supervisors get a bad wrap as being difficult to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was gaining the respect of those workers and working in a confident manor along side them.
Pros
the pay and a great saftey record
Cons
isolation by location
union shop keep are jobs safe
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAOctober 10, 2013
Typical work arrive at 6 am have team meeting with boss about what needs to be done for the week, head to work area and begin work finishing or starting new frame assembling learned how to wire compents never wired before learned about safety inthe workplace management sometimes were clueless bosses watch u like a hawk stnading there making sure u worked didnt like talking or having fun,co workers were good we all worked as a team some cried and wined about other areas and work leraning and running cranes picking up parts mangemeny forcing mandatory overtime making us work 6 days a weeks for like 3 months staright.enjoyable part the christmas party.
Pros
free lunches, christmas part, healthcare benfits
Cons
short breaks, no cell phones on floor
Gamesa Reveiw
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Trevose, PASeptember 9, 2013
Gamesa as a European company constantly stays ahead of the curve, providing challenges to their employees and inspiring creativity. They have a good core management team and is not afraid to re-event it itself.
Pros
flexible hours, self motivation and good benifits
Cons
european mentality/management
Gamesa is one of the leading wind turbine manufacturers in the world, a leader in the manufacture, sale and installation of wind turbines.
International Quality Control Auditor (Former Employee) –  International locationsJuly 11, 2013
Gamesa is one of the leading wind turbine manufacturers in the world, a leader in the manufacture, sale and installation of wind turbines, working with Alten Ingieneering which is a multinational company that specializes in high value-added services within the fields of consulting and engineering
Fun Place To Work
Quality Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAMay 2, 2013
Liked the company was a good job to work at learned a lot of things and would love to have keep working there but was laid off
Pros
hrs
Cons
layed off
Great place and people to work for.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ebensburg, PAFebruary 28, 2013
Stayed busy all the time answering calls on the radio and fixing machines.
Learned alot of electrial, motors,PC work drives ect.
Worked with very trained coworkers
When the unit got up and running with little down time
Over all production work
Team lead (Former Employee) –  Fairless Hills, PAJuly 20, 2012
This job paid well to manufacture windmills for wind farms. Tight security
Pros
good pay
An extremly challenging career with constant change.
O AND M WIND FARM SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mahanoy City, PAMarch 19, 2012
Ever growing job description where the job prepares you for the next level.
Safety Oriented Company
Technician, Environmental, E.H.S Coordinator (Former Employee) –  VanWert, OHMarch 2, 2012
Gamesa is a good Company to work for as long as techs don't make any mistakes. Even minor mistakes are grounds for automatic dis-missal.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
seperation