Gannett Fleming Employee Reviews

They Have No Regard For Professional Growth
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 3, 2017
Gannett Fleming used to be a great place to work until the new CIO came on board a few years ago. One of the first things he did was fire a guy who had been with the company for over 25 years. He said it was a "cost-cutting measure" but really it was because he likes to surround himself with sycophants.

Anytime there is a major infrastructure project, instead of providing training to the employees so they can learn and grow professionally the job gets outsourced to a consulting firm.

In the 15 years I was there, I only had two weeks of IT training. When I pressed the CEO on the issue, the solution was a 6 week trial license for web based training which was essentially someone narrating Powerpoint slides. Really that was the best they could do.

When I asked the CIO if I could shadow others in the department so I could learn other technologies he flat out said "NO." So instead of increasing my wealth to the company I was left to sit there doing nothing all day everyday since there was no other work to do.

If you're a motivated individual that wants to grow in your career and learn new technologies then Gannett Fleming is definitely not the place for you. If you want to stagnate and become unemployable elsewhere then definitely consider this place.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
lack of training, projects get outsourced
Unstable environment
Project Controls/Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mill Valley, CAMarch 14, 2017
Management is not supportive of its employees. After 2 weeks I developed a sound project schedule and brought the project back to the baseline milestones. As a result, the company was lifted of performance probation.
Pros
Benefits are fairly good.
Cons
High Resource turn around
productive
Geotechnical Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 9, 2016
Interpreting construction plans and specifications to contractor, foreman, superintendent; assure proper construction means and methods, reviewing contractor performance and compliance with safety equipment; checking engineering computations, inspecting construction work( such as earthwork, concrete and asphalt), and conducting field tests. Work was performed under the general supervision of the Project Administrator.
good
Administrative Assistant/Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2016
good experience. great company. good location. had a great learning experience, wish there was more room for growth all in all the company as a whole was a pleasure to work for.
Great Work Environment
CADD Operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 25, 2016
I really enjoyed my time at this company. There was a balanced age range - from early 20s to 70s. The flexible work schedule worked very well with my travel schedule.
Great Company
Recruiter/Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 14, 2016
Very stable company: over 100 years privately held
Benefits are above average

Culture: People know your name

Constantly rank in ENR
Great Working enviroment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 6, 2016
Company is full of great employees who are happy to be there and will teach you a lot. Very nice work environment. Flexible hours to accommodate varying schedules
Traffic/ITS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Gannett Fleming is a 100 year old Engineering Company with good reputation in various disciplines. With offices in may states and abroad the opportunities are many for qualified personnel.
Pros
Good Benefits, Good place to work
Fast paced working environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MADecember 7, 2015
Very business office. Great co-workers. Work was varied from typical administrative assistant tasks, Office Manager tasks and Contract Manager tasks.
Pros
fun working atmosphere
Cons
during peak times, a lot of overtime
Good engineering company
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Mount LaurelOctober 8, 2015
Gannett Fleming is a company that values its employees. Management respects work/life balance as project scheduling permits. It became apparent, having worked there that employees are truly valued as people, not as a resource. Benefits are good, and pay is good. GF has in-house training that is nicely organized and implemented. This company really has its act together.
Pros
Read my review, and look foward to an interview with them
Cons
nothing worth mentioning
good work culture
Senior Traffic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 11, 2015
nice private company providing a good work atmosphere, benefits, career advancement, flexible hours in a competitive market.
Competitive pay and good benefits, lousy culture.
Validation Specialist/Validation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 19, 2015
For the pharmaceutical side, it's basically a body shop like every other contract validation company.
nickel and dime
field tech. (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach,FlNovember 16, 2013
most employees were great to work with. Management on the other hand, needed more training,experiance. Would intermingle different departments. Weather qualified or not. Would not recommend
Pros
most employes great
Cons
inexperianced management
Lead Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2013
Good opportunities, great big projects lots of learning experiences.
Not bad but
Bridge Inspector (Former Employee) –  PittsburghOctober 2, 2013
Worked for them on a few jobs over the years. Gave me a gift card during a project for doing a good job. The job finished and was going to send me to another project if I took a pay cut.
Benefits
Cons
Treat you like a dog
Micro Management
Regional IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 9, 2013
I was told by an employee that Gannett Fleming would not "fire" me but make it VERY difficult to work there.
Cons
micro management, lack of direction, reprimanded for rules that did not exist, tracked like a hunting dog, was told to resign or management would make my life a living hell, used to have good medical benefits - but not anymore.
Very flexible with work schedule.
CADD Technician (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PASeptember 16, 2012
I absolutely loved my job here. I was devastated when my job was eliminated. My co-workers became my other family and I miss them every day. Anytime I needed to leave for one of my kids school events I was always allowed to make up my hours during the week (unless we were on a deadline then I didn't ask to leave).
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
trying to find something productive to do when there was no work.
did not seem welcomed
civil designer (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAFebruary 18, 2012
Hired because of a good work load. Laid off because the jobs fell through, Bad economy.
Pros
seemed like a nice place to work
Cons
no work