Gannett

Gannett Employee Reviews

Poor management
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 27, 2015
Horrible experience at both a print property & their 'new digital' company which they just laid off 70% of their work force for the G/O Digital side.
Run Away as Fast as You Can
Reporter (Former Employee), WisconsinJune 20, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Everything you could ever imagine
If this is not the worst company in America to work for, it's in the top 2.
Management is clueless, having made their way to to the top only by kissing the right behinds. They also excel at lying through their teeth.
They are one of the main reasons the once-proud profession of journalism is on its death bed.
Nice work environment
Direct Mail Marketing Account Executive (Current Employee), Neptune City, NJJune 4, 2015
Pros: Office environment and friendly people, and allowed to work independently with no micro management.
Cons: Company just split and now my position, as well as several others has been eliminated.
In office on Mondays and when not in the field prospecting for new business or holding appointments.
Co-workers have the best attitudes and we all are team players.
A nice friendly working environment.
401K Plan is the best, as you earn right away.
Good experience to take with me
Carrier/ Vendor (Former Employee), Ithaca, NYMay 31, 2015
some miscommunication
jobs cut because of type of business/ no security
Overnight hours of operations
contracts were okay
Great Place to Work
Outbound Sale's Supervisor (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMay 13, 2015
Great place to work, room for advancement. Great management staff and very caring. I've learned how call centers operate and learned a lot about customer service.
Busy company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Neptune City, NJMay 5, 2015
A typical day at Gannett was a busy one. The large workload could be difficult to keep up with at times. My co-workers were fun to work with.
Very productive and flexible work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 24, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, challenging
Cons: non
Great company, flexible work environment, fun culture. Management was very motivating and helpful. Lots of potential to grow within the technology sector
My current team i am working daily is really good. I enjoy working with my team daily.
SW Test Engineer (Current Employee), McLean, VAApril 21, 2015
I have learned a lot from my daily team and also, I got trained on Ruby test automation. QA teams member are very nice and friendly. Also, the daily team i am interactive with is best team i every work with. Our scrum master is excellent.
Gannett a good place to work
Herald Times Reporter (Former Employee), Manitowoc, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: Management and leadership
Cons: None
In my first stint at this employer, they gave me my first shot as a professional. They had good leadership which I lean upon in case of question that arise. Management was key in transitioning into becoming an Account Executive where I thrived in Advertising and Marketing.
Awesome
Technical Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, SCApril 16, 2015
Great place to work. Awesome environment. I would recommend this job to anyone. The management is great and easy to work with.
Low wages and excessive overtime, combined with corporate shakeups created a poisonous work environment
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2015
Pros: great insurance
Cons: short breaks, 10 months straight of mandatory 5-10 hours of OT
This is where creativity goes to die. You're expected to work on 30 ads a day, or more so, you are working ridiculous amounts of OT with no raises, we are paid ridiculously less than the average pay for a job like this. Its a poor environment. No wonder we lost 20+ people in the past 3 months
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: had good people to work with in some departments
Cons: no breaks, health care
Always busy. Had great co-workers got along with everyone. The hardest part of my job was not able to talk to other co-workers when new management came in.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 2, 2015
Assisted with starting accounts and processing payments, documenting subscriber complaints and compliments and saving accounts from closing. Answered questions about billing, including updating subscriber addresses, credit card information and etc.
Ok place to work, but a lot of turnaround
Photojournalist (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 18, 2015
The overall company morale just seems to be nonexistent. A lot of good, talented people have left jobs due to management.
Great Work/Life Balance
Regional Account Executive (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2015
Great Staff and people love the ability to control the day to day operations. I appreciate learning about the skills required to be successful at the company and also gaining the experienced needed as well.
it waas very prouctive at the time 2004
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee), East BrunswickFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: comision were excelents
Cons: salary base was low at the time
I had fun in the company, i had learned a lot about Marketing and how to manage my time with clients to cover what they require in calls for the day
Productive. Excellent reporters and writers
Multimedia Specialist (Former Employee), Staunton, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: huge company
Cons: otr over the road
A More diverse group of people is needed in the Sales and Marketing department. This location didn't have a clue on how to treat persons of a different ethnic background.
Newspaper Industry
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), TulsaJanuary 24, 2015
The good thing about this company is the sales commissions. Speaking with the customers about the product came naturally. Taking the challenge of the contest any particular day, to do my best to achieve or exceed the companies expectation.
Terrible Place To Work
Technical Customer Support Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: barely commission
Cons: everything else you can think of.
The interview process makes you think that what you are doing is the right thing for you and your family, like you are about to solve all of your personal issues with this God Send of a job. I don't think so..
The pay starts off higher than most sure, but the commission and how hard you have to work for it, its close to impossible to even get commission these days. The management team is no management at all, its every man for themselves, no support. As much as you would like to think you have job security, you don't. And it isn't because the newspaper is a dying field, nope thats not it, its favoritism. I hope that who ever is hired on gets in good with someone in management or your gannett career wont last long.

sincerely,
abused current employee.
phone sales, stressful and exciting all at the same time,but enjoyable
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: weight out the same
Cons: weight out the same
trying to convience customer to start or renew subsciption to the newspaper,Management helpful and co-workers fun to work with. Trying to sell news paper. Stressful but at times enjoyab. Trying to sell the newspaper to some customers that are already taking paper
The most enjoyable part of the job was when games were played for some of the prizes that could be won and your commission

1 2 3 4 5

About Gannett

Gannett is an international media and marketing solutions company and one of the largest, most geographically diverse local media – Read more

Gannett Salaries