Gannon University Employee Reviews

exploring workplace & learning new Technics
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 25, 2016
working with punctuality. As assistance technician support have to help in all the testing for materials, co-worker were quit helpful and good at teaching new and adaptive technique or testing material, also improvising lathe machine use!
This place is most lovable place and everyone loves this
Graduate Assistant, Department of Criminal Justice (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 4, 2016
Never been typical to me at work because I love my job.
I have learned many things at my work about mapping.
My co-workers are my professors here. They care me a lot.
No hardest part to me.
The most enjoyable part of my work is to research different kinds of data collection for my professor.
It was fun working in the university environment
Lab assistant, Dept. Of ECE (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 28, 2016
my work is most at nights but it was fun working in university surrounding with friendly people. I need to report to lab manager at end of the day he was friendly too.
Pros
free parking
Cons
less pay, odd timing
Best Work Culture I've Experienced!
Dir. PR & Comm & Special Asst. to the President (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 22, 2016
Gannon University is a fantastic place to work. The people are phenomenal, the students are energizing, and the environment supports your ability to do your highest, best work. I loved working at Gannon!
Productive Office work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 9, 2016
I delivered confidential documents. I also performed office work such as making copies, Microsoft Word work, and minor cleaning. My manager was very nice and became like a second mom to me. The hardest part of the job is when we were slow and didn't have much to do, but I completed homework during this time to keep myself busy. I enjoyed delivering documents, and talking with employees all over campus.
great people to work with.
Head Women's softball coach (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Great place to work. Wages are not very competitive though. Co-workers are terrific people who care about their peers and that is why most people stay here. Too many changes in management positions for real continuity to ever take place.
Pros
working with people of high moral character
Cons
some new leaders have created morale issues.
Fun working place
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 8, 2016
you report to the professor everyday. He assigns you work.
Work can range from teaching class to conducting exams for under graduates. Maintain spreadsheet of their performance. Sometimes it can take your whole day. The experience of learning is amazing.
Pros
A very rich experience of learning.
Great work experience
Lab Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 29, 2015
Gannon is a great university to have a work study with. Through my work study I was able to work with my entire department and get to know the professors much better. If you put in the work that they expect you can end up with a number of professors who can give you good recommendations in the future.
Demanding and Rewarding
Area Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 21, 2015
Positions in Residence Life are very demanding and require excessive hours outside of the "standard" work day. Smaller school that expects/demands a lot from its employees, some supervisors fail to help develop a work/life balance.
The work is much more gratifying than is the compensation
Adjunct Professor of Project Management (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 8, 2015
The compensation for the time devored to lesson plan development and class preparation is not as great as the compensation that is received. The pay is less than minimum wage. Why do I do this? For the gratification of developing future project managers.
Pros
Gratification
Cons
Compensation
Family oriented very nice place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 2, 2014
They do not pay their workers enough but it is a nice place to work
Pros
great insurance
Cons
pay
No support for the C.I.M. project
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 24, 2014
I was part of a program that Gannon only cared about the financial income provided by the local sponsor. There was never any real support for the intended function of the program as defined when launched. As such the whole CIM center devolved from a real Computer Integrated Manufacturing project into just another Microsoft office training lab, Such a shame
It was a good experience in a technical field as an entry level
Graduate Lab Assistant, Electrical Engineering Lab (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 19, 2014
The first day for me was an astonish-able .I learned how to deal in an technical world. How to re-order the work with a flow chart methods. The hardest part of my work was to deal with the new component they were using for the PCB layout design. The most enjoyable part is to deal with the new gadgets to be newly launched in the market.
It was fun to conduct a meeting at the group therapy room where I used to take group dynamic calss in previous year.
University Student Counselor/leader (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 18, 2014
I volunteered at Gannon University as a group counselor/leader for college students. My role was to help them develop and practice helping skills for their under graduation psychology course.
Pros
Collaborative and accessible environment
Cons
There was no cons. Over all it was a great experince.
Teaching through peer mentoring
Student Mentor, Go College Mentor Program (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 11, 2014
A typical day at Go College consisted of tutoring students, working alongside teachers and councilors, running errands, assisting in planning trips for the students, and running summer camps kept us busy. Each student who worked for the Go College program were students from the same college and made it easy for everyone to get along and find a commonality. This job out of my many through college taught me almost as much as college had itself. The school I worked at was an inner city school that had violence, gang fights, poverty, along with many students barely passing classes. It taught me to be more patient and a whole new perspective on school and how other people were raised. It was quite a challenge some days trying to figure out how to get some kids to pass or to convince others why college is important, but it gave me as much as I put into it. I truly enjoyed my experience working at this facility.
Pros
fieldtrips and working with students
Cons
work schedule frequently changes
Productive and independent work environment
Research Assistant, MBA Program (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 27, 2014
My research position involved finding out the presence of publicly traded companies in the City of Erie, and their weight and impact on the economy. It was intriguing to found out the top companies in Erie, and the amount of people they employed in the city.
Great employer
Anatomy & Physiology Tutor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 2, 2014
Gannon University has many work study opportunities for students and the pay is pretty good.
Friendly environment
Assistant Director of Student Living (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 14, 2014
High collaboration amongst staff members within the University. Small school. Fantastic students that are highly involved.
Pros
Students and other staff members
Excellent learning and Working environment
Assistant Programmer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 9, 2013
I learned new architecture concepts for software designing which helped me to build strong base for my Programming skills.
Research oriented professor always ask to do something new or work on something which was never tried before. It helped me to uncover lot of new things and gave me the confidence to try something new always.
Pros
Always Learn something new and always try to do something different
Cons
Very High Expectation
It's a university
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2013
Student assistant under a professor is a bit tough but fun. The management is the chair of department. I am a student under a professor.Working 20 to 40 hours a week alongside studies.
Pros
easy work in labs
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gannon University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3