Gannon University Employee Reviews

The work is much more gratifying than is the compensation
Adjunct Professor of Project Management (Current Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: gratification
Cons: compensation
The compensation for the time devored to lesson plan development and class preparation is not as great as the compensation that is received. The pay is less than minimum wage. Why do I do this? For the gratification of developing future project managers.
Family oriented very nice place to work
Custodian (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: great insurance
Cons: pay
They do not pay their workers enough but it is a nice place to work
No support for the C.I.M. project
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 24, 2014
I was part of a program that Gannon only cared about the financial income provided by the local sponsor. There was never any real support for the intended function of the program as defined when launched. As such the whole CIM center devolved from a real Computer Integrated Manufacturing project into just another Microsoft office training lab, Such a shame
It was a good experience in a technical field as an entry level
Graduate Lab Assistant, Electrical Engineering Lab (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 19, 2014
The first day for me was an astonish-able .I learned how to deal in an technical world. How to re-order the work with a flow chart methods. The hardest part of my work was to deal with the new component they were using for the PCB layout design. The most enjoyable part is to deal with the new gadgets to be newly launched in the market.
It was fun to conduct a meeting at the group therapy room where I used to take group dynamic calss in previous year.
University Student Counselor/leader (Former Employee), Erie, PAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: collaborative and accessible environment
Cons: there was no cons. over all it was a great experince.
I volunteered at Gannon University as a group counselor/leader for college students. My role was to help them develop and practice helping skills for their under graduation psychology course.
Teaching through peer mentoring
Student Mentor, Go College Mentor Program (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 11, 2014
Pros: fieldtrips and working with students
Cons: work schedule frequently changes
A typical day at Go College consisted of tutoring students, working alongside teachers and councilors, running errands, assisting in planning trips for the students, and running summer camps kept us busy. Each student who worked for the Go College program were students from the same college and made it easy for everyone to get along and find a commonality. This job out of my many through college taught me almost as much as college had itself. The school I worked at was an inner city school that had violence, gang fights, poverty, along with many students barely passing classes. It taught me to be more patient and a whole new perspective on school and how other people were raised. It was quite a challenge some days trying to figure out how to get some kids to pass or to convince others why college is important, but it gave me as much as I put into it. I truly enjoyed my experience working at this facility.
Productive and independent work environment
Research Assistant, MBA Program (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 27, 2014
My research position involved finding out the presence of publicly traded companies in the City of Erie, and their weight and impact on the economy. It was intriguing to found out the top companies in Erie, and the amount of people they employed in the city.
Great employer
Anatomy & Physiology Tutor (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 2, 2014
Gannon University has many work study opportunities for students and the pay is pretty good.
Friendly environment
Assistant Director of Student Living (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 14, 2014
Pros: students and other staff members
Cons: location
High collaboration amongst staff members within the University. Small school. Fantastic students that are highly involved.
Excellent learning and Working environment
Assistant Programmer (Current Employee), Erie, PASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: always learn something new and always try to do something different
Cons: very high expectation
I learned new architecture concepts for software designing which helped me to build strong base for my Programming skills.
Research oriented professor always ask to do something new or work on something which was never tried before. It helped me to uncover lot of new things and gave me the confidence to try something new always.
It's a university
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 26, 2013
Pros: easy work in labs
Cons: no cons
Student assistant under a professor is a bit tough but fun. The management is the chair of department. I am a student under a professor.Working 20 to 40 hours a week alongside studies.
Easy and fun work study position
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: time to do homework, fun, variety
Cons: short term workstudy
Got to work with some great people in the Technology section of Gannon. Trouble shooting the computer lab was really fun and gave me a chance to help fellow students.
great job
Defensive Line Coach (Former Employee), Erie, PANovember 16, 2012
Pros: everything was a pro
Work experience was the best that I ever had. Learned a lot about my profession.
A good job to have while in school
Guest Services (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 24, 2012
This job was great to have while in school, they really worked with my school schdule.
Great Experience
Work Study (Former Employee), Erie, PAMay 30, 2012
When I was a work study for the Dean's office at Gannon University, I learned many office skills that would be needed in any office environment. What I enjoyed most about this job was being in an office environment.
Work in a healthy environment
Assistant (Former Employee), ERIE PAApril 4, 2012
Pros: working with highly experienced skilled engineers
Cons: nothing
Learned about different kind of Material testing like hardness testing non destructive testing.
Worked as research assitant on hybrid cars
Learned how to worked as an team as well as an individual
Excellent Education
student (Former Employee), Erie, PAFebruary 28, 2012
The University provides a variety of core subjects as well liberal courses that sustains the excellent education.