GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,902 reviews matching the search
Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 29, 2017
Great place to work that has a lot of opportunities for advancement. Also offer flexible schedules and have wonderful benefits for employees. Definitely recommend
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Weekend work and long hours during peak season.
Will always be my second home
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214May 28, 2017
This is one of the many jobs that I loved, it was always fun, always something to do, ability to meet new people & able to help customers. It's funny because this job..... wasn't really like a job - it was fun to go in.
Pros
discounts
Cons
n/a
Clothes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Everett, MAMay 28, 2017
Good and great fit to wear, Employees are very helpful and they help you find your fit. Cashiers are pleasant and i feel happy when i leave. Prices are cheaper than others.
Fun and organized place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYMay 28, 2017
I loved working here always kept busy which I loved! I also liked the physical part to it too. The bosses were very kind and were helpful. I liked my co workers too very positive people.
Gap
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMay 28, 2017
A typical day, if we had the inventory and work, would consist of walking up to 15 miles a shift. Each shift was 10 hours. Nights worked best for me, i didn't mind the walking, definitely worth the money. was overall a good job
relaxed retail call center environment
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMay 27, 2017
relaxed retail call center environment; great team work environment; easy to find answers to any question; very early work schedule; early morning traffic is terrible
fast paced work environment without enough staffing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 27, 2017
A typical day at work involves multitasking. The hardest part of the job is dealing with unfriendly customers and unrealistic goals. The most enjoyable part of the job is merchandising or visuals.
Better Hours
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 26, 2017
It is hard to actually get good hours. Especially if the store isnt doing good then the employees make no money. I cant live on my own off of $100 pay checks.
Stuck Up People/Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 26, 2017
worst job i've ever had. managers were rude if you did something wrong. i barely had any training and was put on the sales floor after a week and was yelled at if i made a mistake. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 25, 2017
It is a fun and great place to work at. There is a lot to learn if you have never worked in retail but it is not bad to learn and get used to. Helping customers is the main focus.
Busy working environment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 25, 2017
Working in retail allows an individual like myself to enhance people skills, however retail is not for everyone. GAP Inc. is very focused on customer service and attending to all the needs of the store, no matter how small. Employees are expected to be very attentive and dedicated.
Ok
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 25, 2017
I was always under the impression that i'd love working here as I always shopped here. But not the case. I will say that my coworkers were always kind, and helpful. It's just a messy store at times, and there weren't enough people working to help you clean,and tend to customers.
Fun fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
Usually helping customers mostly tourist in finding what they want. good pay. very busy. need better managment. good hours. lots of standing. customer service
No Chance For Advancement Or Wage Increa
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 25, 2017
This might be a fun "starter job" or hold me over job until you can find another position. Starting pay is minimum wage for your first six months. You do not get full time hours unless your are a lead or a manager. The demands for your availability on weekends are non negotiable which makes having a second job to support what little they pay you impossible. This is a good job if you want to gain a little retail experience or need some money short term. This not a place to start a career, be respected, or accepted.
Pros
Sometimes good discounts on giftcards for employees
Cons
High work load for minimum wage
needs new management
Sales Associate/truck (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 25, 2017
Management always complained, didn't treat employees right. Easy job, fast paced, not enough hours, dropped my hours when I became pregnant even though I asked for more hours
Pros
easy work
Cons
management sucked
Fun and Engaging work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 25, 2017
Gap Factory is a fun and enjoyable job. I love the customer interaction and being able to be the one to help a customer find the perfect outfit. Your hard work does not go unrecognized. Its like a big family.
Gap Inc.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2017
Great company, very diverse. Very patient in allowing you to learn new things. In every store I went to I was welcomed in. Meeting individuals from corporate I always felt comfortable.
The employees weren't treated right, alot of favoritism.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 25, 2017
The hardest part of the job wasn't the work, but getting enough hours to feel you are really working at the company. The hours weren't distributed on how hard you work or how long you've been with the company, but on whether the manager liked you.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2017
overwhelming and long a little over worked and frustrated worked multiple hrs customers were mainly nice managers and supervisors were also nice and frinedly
fast paced steady work
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 24, 2017
i had a good time doing my job and they offered percentage bonuses, so the harder you work the more you can earn .all in all it was a good oppurtunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.