GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,134 reviews matching the search
Customer-oriented, fun part-time job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 28, 2017
This job is great for anyone looking to learn about dealing with customers and sales on a beginning level. You will do a lot of folding and hanging clothes, but more importantly you will deal with many different customers every day. This job is best for an outgoing, upbeat person who is willing to be flexible with their availability and who understands that hours may or may not be cut with little to no notice. I really enjoyed this job, it is a great first job. I loved helping the customers and working as a cashier as well as mastering folding and different display techniques. The hardest part was the hours: being cut halfway through the shift I was scheduled for was not ideal. However, I learned to work with the variable schedule and really did enjoy working at Gap.
Pros
Fun environment, friendly competitions, learned lots
Cons
Unreliable scheduling
Productive and Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAJuly 28, 2017
Great Start for working as a minor and being able to experience hands on and customer service experience. Task were easy and fair and was a great plessure for this job to be good to me and make a small difference.
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
Holidays were busy
Short term sales position
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 27, 2017
My role was to interact with customers, up sell clothing items, help with questions, keep the floor room neat and tidy and helped me with my customer service experience.
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 27, 2017
Place is full of racist pigs everyone for themselves and they don't take doctor exucuses thy give points for you being sick they are inconsiderate about your heath
Great Company
Lead Key Holder / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 27, 2017
Gap Inc. is a great company to work for based on their values of culture and diversity. The work environment is enjoyable. The clothes are also very up to date.
Pros
Clothing Styles
Cons
Pay Scale
Productive and fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2017
This company had it's days where it was slow paced, but over all great fun company. This company was very team player oriented. We all participated in helping each other when questions were asked. They definitely were updated with technology and had iPods to make ordering online easier.
Terrible management which affected the entire work environment.
Visuals Associate (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 27, 2017
After many issues regarding the manager and multiple phone calls to HR by multiple employees, the manager was still able to keep their job. I did not feel respected or appreciated. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Perfect job while in college
Stock Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Elsinore, CAJuly 27, 2017
Basic job while going to college. Gave me the schedule i needed to accomplish my priorities while in school.
Flexible hours was a great help.
Managers were great
Short Term
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 25, 2017
The only positions that become available are those of Sales Associates. The hours are short and the pay is very low. I would recommend this job for high school students.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 25, 2017
Very flexible retail job
Offer good benefit
People are nice
Good discount for employees
Overall the Gap is like being in a family everyone is cool and everyone are willingly to assist each other

Want to know more about GAP Inc.?

Ask a question
good high school job or college job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXJuly 24, 2017
management changed frequently, allowed for little move up for sales associate employees. Great employee discount which makes this great for young adults in college looking for summer and holiday work.
Great company, difficult management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 23, 2017
This was a typical retail position with opportunities in merchandising, sales, and cashier. The workplace culture was good with friendly employees. The hardest part of this job was the negative attitude of the management and the culture it created. I loved working with customers and enjoyed making their experience in the store the best it could be.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, managementsd
Present place
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 23, 2017
I used to work at the Athleta Headquarters in the call center before all agents went remote. Management was always helpful, some room for growth. I just felt like I outgrew working there quickly as the job was repetitive (as a call center agent). Otherwise, compensation was great and the people were amazing.
Pros
Voluntary time off, compensation, people
Cons
short breaks, mandatory overtime during holiday season, etc
Customer service oriented work place.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 23, 2017
When I worked for the Gap it was the top customer service retail company. The company values their employees by providing company wide management training. For example I attended the following session; Recruit -Retain- Resolve, Diversity, and Conflict Resolution.
Pros
Working with people and training managers and employees.
Cons
Retail hours
Productivity
Field Intern Training (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
The company has a great work life balance and impeccable work environment. The have great benefits for full-time employees and partial for part-time.
Challenging yet fulfilling
Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJuly 21, 2017
Overall great company. Love the product and the work environment. I was constantly learning setting product, learning the product and styling product.
Pros
Benefits and room for growth
Cons
Constantly changing. Under paid
Not the same brand it used to be
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 21, 2017
Gap is going through tough times but you would think of that they have weathered the retail storm enough to survive. Lately, operations run close to Old Navy instead of having their own brand identity. Nothing is special. Too many cooks in the kitchen. And there is no longer any career-pathing for loyal employees. Do not drink the kool-aid.
Pros
you work alongside talented people, great discount.
Cons
too many things change on a dime, difficult to catch up or have a handle on things, have a smarter strategy for promotions, but give the field teams the information at least 72 hours prior instead the day of.
very busy work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 21, 2017
A typical day at work involes me folding clothes, helping customers , and pretty much doing what ever my supervisor needed me to do. I learned how to deal with all kinds of people working here. I learned how to cheer people up when they having a bad day
Gap Inc
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJuly 21, 2017
I was working part time here after I went back into the work force. It gave me the opportunity to get back into the groove after being away for so long.
Great place of employment
Merchandiser/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2017
Gap Inc. is a great place to work if you're willing to grow in retail. There's numerous of opportunities for you to move up with the company and establish a career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.