GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,764 reviews matching the search
relaxed and fun but lack of hours
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 22, 2017
Co workers and managers very helpful and helped me learn all I needed to know. Folding clothes, check out, returns, sales, and occasional packing items for shipment. I would have stayed because pay is great but they failed to schedule me consistently, this may not be a problem at every Gap but I had to quit for that reason.
Pros
Pay, no uniform, relaxed, great experience
Cons
lack of hours
Fun yet stressful and strict
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAApril 22, 2017
Working at Gap Inc. was a short yet educating experience in that I was taught much about the retail industry and how it worked. However, the management I had worked under had a strict policy in not allowing it's employees to operate the cash register unless they could get a customer to sign with the rewards program that Gap offered, which coupled with the manager's strict attitude, gave for an unforgiving work environment.
Pros
Treats and fellowship
Cons
Cut-throat attitude
Company with potential
Cashier and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90067April 21, 2017
The customers were good, the coworkers were good, but compared to other companies, it can offer more than they did at the time I worked there. Maybe they are different now.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 21, 2017
It was a wonderful place to work. I started as a sales associate in 2008 and a year and a half later was promoted to assistant store manager- They have great growth Opportunity!
Decent place to work.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAApril 21, 2017
For a retail job it wasn't that bad. Full benefits with stock options. Management wasn't on top of their game. Moving up in the company was pretty quick.
Tiring, Trying to sell clothes.
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2017
If you're willing to greet customers for a whole shift and convince them to try and buy your merchandise, this will be the job for you, as the main key is to sell the stores inventory, the second objective would be to maintaining the store to look presentable, which is an immediate chore after immense rushes of people disorganize it.
Favorite part of the job
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be training. I am able to work with different people and help them gain a better understanding of the job and help them reach their full potential.
Nice discounts
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Methuen, MAApril 20, 2017
It was okay to work there, not as busy at times, and there was not enough to do. I mostly put thingsaway,cleaned in the am shifts. Folded clothes and hung up clothing.
Pros
meeting new people
Good schedule
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2017
I switched from JCPenney to the Gap since Gap gave me a set work schedule as a customer service representative. But it was a relatively long drive to work for a similar job with lower pay. When I was offered a job at USPS for more money, I decided to take it.
Pros
Guaranteed weekly schedule
Cons
Relatively low pay
Fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRApril 19, 2017
This is the type of job where you need to apply everything you know every single day you work. It is not a place where you can sit and relax, since there is always something to do and customers to attend to.
They hire you and dont even give you hours
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  FISHKILLApril 19, 2017
I would never recommend gap to anyone just for the fact that they dont give your hours and you always have too meet a stupid quota and if you dont after like week or 2 they fire you..
Now I know why they are always hiring...
Pros
DONT WORK FOR THEM
Cons
DONT WORK FOR THEM
Great Opportunity to learn Branding and Loyalty
Visual and Merchandise Specialist, Sales (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 19, 2017
Where I have learnt how to sell, customer relationship, product merchandising, floor moves, relationship between managers and sales representatives. work ethic was very important.
Pros
Accessible and easy to undertand brand
Cons
Did not give much opportunity to grownth back then.
Up beat store envirionment
General manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
A very good company to grow in. They allowed me to take chances which in the end all paid off. Strong shopping culture with loyal customer base. Attention to detail but also creativity in merchandising was allowed.
Pros
Growth, discounts
Productive workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albertville, MNApril 18, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Gap. The employees were very welcoming and friendly. I also enjoyed helping customers choose different styles of clothing items. The management was great as well.
Fun Workplace, great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colonie, NYApril 18, 2017
This is great company to work for. The employees are great. They do not stress you out. Very big on selling selling selling but that is part of the job!
Pros
Great with working on time off requests
Cons
short hours.
Okay Job
F.I.T Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
While the job culture is awesome, managment needs alot of work and help connecting with their employees. I often had to find my own leadership while working there
Don't Believe the Hype
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2017
Worked with talented people and collaborated across multiple teams, gained experience in how to survive in a large and highly matrixed marketing organization. Overall, the company is very slow to innovate...a ton of bureaucracy and politics, causing burnout and high turnover.
The right talent is overlooked and not always promoted, while the ability to "manage up" and “manage through others” is rewarded. While these are skills, they speak volumes about a person’s ability to produce any actual work, gain the trust of their direct reports, or manage their team properly.
Pros
Company benefits, flexibility as long as the work gets done, great employee discount if you shop the brands.
Cons
Leadership and upper management are not held accountable and are out of touch with employees, although this may be department based.
fun place
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New York, NY 10022April 18, 2017
I like their workplace culture. Strong HR. Management is good though they can work in their people skills. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and suggesting items.
Pros
free lunches. friendly coworkers
Cons
difficult to create an schedule that works with your personal life
Relaxed and Comfortable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canutillo, TXApril 17, 2017
Work at the Gap, consisted of either being on the sales floor attending to customers, or working in the stock room conducting inventory, unloading and unboxing arrivals, and stocking items. My main function at the Gap, was working in the stock room handling inventory and stocking and pricing items.
Pros
Freedom
gap inc.
Cashier and Team Member (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 17, 2017
Working at Gap was very boring. The staff only enjoyed being with older people. They work you like slaves. One mistake, they fire you. Theres not much to do at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.