GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,510 reviews matching the search
easy work,good environment.
Picker (Former Employee) –  fishkill,nyFebruary 17, 2017
worked here two years in a row for end of year season..supervisors/managers are very laid back and dont hover over you.All employees are friendly.Set schedule each week,no mandatory overtime.
Pretty good place to work.
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  North Bergen, NJFebruary 16, 2017
Great coworkers, management is very friendly and helpful, lots of opportunities for me to succeed and further develop my customer service skills. Never really a dull moment.
Productive Work
Old Navy Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PR, Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2017
Worked at different areas of the store, cashier, fitting room, signage, markdown, shipment, recovery, etc.

Recognition by the Manager for Excellent Customer Service.

Excellent Company.
The job was great but there are things that could be done to improve the company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 15, 2017
The people you meet on the job keep you on your toes and the management does the best they can to train you and acclimate you to the store. However, things could be done in upper management to help the company overall. Marketing could be better. Presentation and rebranding are necessary to keep this company a float much longer. It can be frustrating to see these mistakes go on without any actions to fix them.
Nice work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAFebruary 15, 2017
The company is not that great to work for; not much room for growth, nor do they give proper raises to their employees. Luckily, my co workers make working there worth it.
Mediocre place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Place was very slow. Business wasnt doing well. GM wasnt that smart. Didnt make alot of money. Not that fun of a job.
Good for kids in high school or something. If you have bills, dont work here !!!
Good Culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Balitmore, MDFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to work if you're looking for part-time work. Good workplace culture. The discount can be great sometimes.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work is greeting customers when they come in and talk to them about the promotions of the day. I constantly go up to customers in the store if they need any help. When customers leave the store, I thank them from coming in and to see them soon. The management is great with the employees. They do their very best to make us feel comfortable with the environment and give us great flexible hours. I enjoy being part of GAP because I love talking to people and staying organized.
Pros
Rewards when selling GAP Inc. Cards
Cons
Healthcare
very productiveplace of business
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work I would say is very busy. Trying to get task done and providing great customer service is a bit of a challenge.
Pros
enagaging with guest
Cons
keeping the floor maintained
The gap
STOCKER/SALES CLERK (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 14, 2017
the days or nights went pretty good I had a great crew to work with had fun stocking and folding clothes helping customers. Learned how put displays up for the floor. Hardest thing was working the cash register when store is packed, I had lots of fun and meet new friends.
Pros
great deals on clothes
Cons
Used to be a great place to work
COPYWRITER II (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 14, 2017
Upper management doesn't seem to have any vision. Increasingly negative work environment. Work became formulaic.

I did appreciate the ROWE philosophy.
Productive and a great learning experience.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Working at Gap Inc. I learned a great deal of skills that I use in my daily routines. As well as gaining skills I gained knowledge of how the retail business works and gain customer service experience.
A great place to work and shop
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Downtown Chicago, ILFebruary 13, 2017
I appreciated the opportunity to work with GAP and enjoyed my time working at GAP. Helping guests/customers find what they needed was always fun. Being friendly with guests came easy to me and made working comfortable and productive for me.
Pros
Great work evironment, team, clothes and discounts
Cons
Distance
typical Day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2017
I learned how to communicate with different customers from different nationalities. The hardest part working here was when you finished recovering their wasnt nothing else to do.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Never knew when you would be off
Fun yet easy going workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 13, 2017
Working for GAP has been a good experience overall. The Management team has been very understanding of my new role as a mother and has accommodated me accordingly. This is a fun place to work with low stress but can be fast paced.
Work is what you make it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Great experience .. Good environment ... Loved working in the customer service field, was great helping others put outfits together and making them happy.
Cons
FOLDING CLOTHES AFTER HOURS
Engaging work place.
Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Fun work place with a culture that is all about people. Company is big on training and development making sure every person who is hired gets the right information so they can hit the ground running as soon as they enter a store.
Pros
discount, medical, 401k
Cons
demanding
Fun & Efficent
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
It was a great experience work at Gap Inc. The environment in very friendly and customer focus. They also have good employee relations.
great company culture
Customer Service specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 11, 2017
great company culture fun enviorment to work in. management was good at our emeryville location. Pay was good overall good experiance.
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
management
Fun place to work
Cashier/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2017
This was a really fun and challenging to place to work. I was personally able to grow myself. There was may different things to do, so it was never ever boring. The management team was quite helpful and strict, so that you could learn and grow on your own. The hardest part of the job is to deal with the customers but that was probably also the most enjoyable part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.