GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,013 reviews matching the search
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJune 24, 2017
As a former worker I can say the atmosphere was very welcoming. My coworkers were friendly and were all about customers happiness. Almost everyone got along and there were friendships inside and outside the workplace. They were somewhat dependable, If someone needed a shift taken, there was always someone to pick it up for them. I enjoyed the talks my coworkers and I had while still getting our job s done.
Pros
"gifts" every once in a while
Cons
always cold
Productive some days and slow due to not many customers, a bit unorganized but still was able to get a lot done .
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
They could improve on hours for everyone , I left due to not enough pay and hours . Weren't enough hours for me and being a new hire I needed more because my checks would average out to about 130-140 every two weeks which isn't enough to survive off of . And a better system between managers and employees. But good work environment
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
good
Java Web Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 23, 2017
I felt it was nice to work there.A handful of people in various ranks and roles to share five adjectives they'd use to describe the company and two aspects of the business that are unique or valuable. Look for themes or especially strong responses, and synthesize them into a clearly defined description.
Dont do it
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2017
Unless you are going for a part time role, don't waste your time. Management doesn't train like they need to and upper management is equally unhelpful. It was good experience at first but you will plateau and then be stuck in a position with little to no advancement. It is pretty secure because the company makes it hard to fire people unless your store closes or they get rid of your position, which happened a lot in the 3 years I was there. Very political and just as bad as the next retail job.
Fun place to work
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
Great fun filled people to work with makes a days work feel like a vacation. Love how everyone is treated equal and have great benifits. Great place to work.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Healthcare
Great work place
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJune 21, 2017
It was a great place of work and management was very caring. Did some shipping and packaging but it was very fast pace also, enjoyed being off on the weekwnd.
Fun work place, fast paced, and lots of hours!
Sales Associate/Visual Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 21, 2017
Enjoyed working in this fast paced world! We were always on time with our breaks, and everyone really came together to make the store fabulous! Working on 34th Street in NYC is tough! The managers, and the visual team made this work place incredible! We were family, and often went out together after long hours for drinks or breakfast!

They had lots of events where employees could win different prizes and always made sure everyone was included.
Pros
Breaks always on time, lots of great people, high energy work place
Cons
pay was terrible and no benefits, long hours
Mangment wasn't the best and poor communication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 21, 2017
Both experiences I have had with gap inc were not the best. Between hours continuously being cut and being sent home early when they over staffed. To the lack of communication that I experienced across the board. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Easy to learn the sysetems
Cons
Poor management and not great hours
The Gap Corporation
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 21, 2017
This was an interesting job. I did love the culture and the acceptance they had for all people. The hardest part about the job is the location in a mall and the lack of real work hours.
Pros
Customers, Employee Discount
Cons
Work Hours, Location
To live and die in the retail world.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 21, 2017
You have to really love fashion and need the discount to work here. A typical managers day, work with team to reach sales goals, observe performance on the floor and coach as needed to impact KPI's. Meet with that days manager for communication on store needs for the day/ week. Coming into the store , moral was low. There had been many changes in the management team over the last 9 months and the team was really looking for a leader. With a brand new first time store manager in charge there was a big learning curve and I was brought in right in the middle of it. Overall the culture was engaging when moral was up. However what was difficult was how much turn around we had with the staff. As soon as someone was trained, they left for college. When they came back for break they were relied upon as "veterans' but most lacked the desire to work as it was a temporary summer job. The company culture was too over the top. It was more about drinking the kool-aid. Also, there was little to no repercussions for poor performance. The hardest part was dealing with the call outs as most of the staff had little desire to show up and not afraid of recourse. The best part for me was seeing success from people that we deemed lost cause by the SM.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Poor store leadership
Ambiente muy divertido
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJune 21, 2017
Trabajar en Gap inc fue muy ocupado . Trabajé ahí durante la temporada navideña . La tienda siempre estaba muy llena y había mucho " rush " . Pero aún así fue muy buena la experiencia y siempre me a encantado trabajar con personas . Hablando , explicando , ayudando personas es mi pasión . Mis supervisores para ese tiempo fueron muy buenos y me ayudaron mucho a tener éxito como empleada . Fue muy poco el tiempo pero me sentía cómoda allí .
Pros
Fue mi primer empleo oficial .
Cons
Solo fue empleo de temporada .
Clean, real productive working environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJune 21, 2017
I've learned Ticketting, labeling,and shipping. I lifted boxes no heavier than 50 lbs. I've learned how to pick and pack items and put them on the conveyor belt.
Pros
Leaniant, 30 minute lunch breaks
Field Visual Manager
District Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 21, 2017
Great benefits and flexible schedule. very fast pace. Must be great listener and creative, open to new ideas and others feedback. always changing. Great company to grow career.
Pros
Pay and Stable
Cons
Hours
Fun Workplace
VISUALS STYLING & MERCHANDISING (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 20, 2017
A day at work is fun, mandatory breaks, regular 15 hours depending on how many hours worked. Working for the company I have learned to let my creativity flow, it makes it easier when you feel in family. Management always shifts around and get transferred from time to time so some are tough to work and others aren't. The store employees are of mix backgrounds and they definitely don't tolerate discrimination which its a plus. the hardest park of working for the company are the night shifts for the visual department that run for 9 to 12 hours of work easily and are random depending on visits and holidays.
I can't complain about working for this company but I soon hope to say "I did enjoy my time her, and now I have to go" the most enjoyable part of the job is break time when you get to relax and talk to your coworker, also on overnight days when you get to work with different visual teams from other stores.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor communication skills from management to employee, poor sense of urgency to provide employees with last minute changes.
Great people, great work environment, great culture
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 20, 2017
I've learned so much. I have had great managers and directors and the culture we pursue is employees and customers first. Working for GAP Inc. definitely made me become a better employee and a better man.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working at Gap, inc. The managers were very friendly and caring. A typical day at work consists of folding down the store and assisting the customers.
Steady work place
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 20, 2017
Working at gap for three years was amazing. The staff was close knit, communication was great! Picking up new tasks and things was pretty easy, not hard to catch onto.
fun workplace
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Point, GAJune 20, 2017
GAp was a very good and easy job. Despite the fact that you had to work in all conditions of weather it was all good. The fun part was getting to be the first to test drive the new kia and hyundai vehicles.
Typical work place.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJune 19, 2017
The environment at GAP to me is like any other work place. Hardest part of the job was standing in one place the entire shift other than breaks and lunch. I enjoyed working there, seeing the product they sell and meeting other people. I had no problem with management or others.
Good environment with friendly workers
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAJune 18, 2017
The hardest part is dealing with difficult customers, but the most enjoyable part is working with great people who are willing to help.

I learned communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.