GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,895 reviews matching the search
Better Hours
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 26, 2017
It is hard to actually get good hours. Especially if the store isnt doing good then the employees make no money. I cant live on my own off of $100 pay checks.
Stuck Up People/Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 26, 2017
worst job i've ever had. managers were rude if you did something wrong. i barely had any training and was put on the sales floor after a week and was yelled at if i made a mistake. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 25, 2017
It is a fun and great place to work at. There is a lot to learn if you have never worked in retail but it is not bad to learn and get used to. Helping customers is the main focus.
Busy working environment
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMay 25, 2017
Working in retail allows an individual like myself to enhance people skills, however retail is not for everyone. GAP Inc. is very focused on customer service and attending to all the needs of the store, no matter how small. Employees are expected to be very attentive and dedicated.
Ok
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 25, 2017
I was always under the impression that i'd love working here as I always shopped here. But not the case. I will say that my coworkers were always kind, and helpful. It's just a messy store at times, and there weren't enough people working to help you clean,and tend to customers.
Fun fast paced
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 25, 2017
Usually helping customers mostly tourist in finding what they want. good pay. very busy. need better managment. good hours. lots of standing. customer service
No Chance For Advancement Or Wage Increa
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMay 25, 2017
This might be a fun "starter job" or hold me over job until you can find another position. Starting pay is minimum wage for your first six months. You do not get full time hours unless your are a lead or a manager. The demands for your availability on weekends are non negotiable which makes having a second job to support what little they pay you impossible. This is a good job if you want to gain a little retail experience or need some money short term. This not a place to start a career, be respected, or accepted.
Pros
Sometimes good discounts on giftcards for employees
Cons
High work load for minimum wage
needs new management
Sales Associate/truck (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKMay 25, 2017
Management always complained, didn't treat employees right. Easy job, fast paced, not enough hours, dropped my hours when I became pregnant even though I asked for more hours
Pros
easy work
Cons
management sucked
Fun and Engaging work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 25, 2017
Gap Factory is a fun and enjoyable job. I love the customer interaction and being able to be the one to help a customer find the perfect outfit. Your hard work does not go unrecognized. Its like a big family.
Gap Inc.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 25, 2017
Great company, very diverse. Very patient in allowing you to learn new things. In every store I went to I was welcomed in. Meeting individuals from corporate I always felt comfortable.
The employees weren't treated right, alot of favoritism.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXMay 25, 2017
The hardest part of the job wasn't the work, but getting enough hours to feel you are really working at the company. The hours weren't distributed on how hard you work or how long you've been with the company, but on whether the manager liked you.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 24, 2017
overwhelming and long a little over worked and frustrated worked multiple hrs customers were mainly nice managers and supervisors were also nice and frinedly
fast paced steady work
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNMay 24, 2017
i had a good time doing my job and they offered percentage bonuses, so the harder you work the more you can earn .all in all it was a good oppurtunity
Great work life balance and internal opportunity
Manager of Product Development (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2017
Gap Inc has many opportunities for personal growth and very strong comprehensive compensation packages. Employess from top down are respectful of work life balance and there is generally a strong sense of teamwork
Productive and fun
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMay 23, 2017
- A typical day at work kept me busy, which I enjoyed.
- How to be patient
- Management was not all that great
-The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people and helping the customers.
Productive and fun work environment
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Estero, FLMay 23, 2017
I enjoy coming into work not only for the customers but those who I work with and management. Management takes care of all its employees and always has new stuff for us to learn.
It's a awesome place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 23, 2017
I loved working at gap. It shows me how to handle difficult situations and how to properly greet someone. First couple times I had a problem with elpinh customers choose they clothing but as I continue to do it I got better and better
GAP is different
SENIOR SALES, MERCHANDISER, LOGISTICS ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
good and fun enivorment to actually work, alot of smiling faces that come to work and they do make you want to work there if you have a really good manager which brings to management they have some good mangers then they have some horrible managers and upper management too
Pros
benefits, fun environment, joy to work
Cons
better management teams, upper management(district manager) is bad
Fun place long hours
Unit Picker (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 23, 2017
Pay was minimum wage, it was long hours 10 some times 12. Bosses where nice job was easy but physically taxing because you are on your feet all day.
Nice place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 23, 2017
The Gap Outlet is a nice place to work, with friendly managers. Most days are just a typical work day of helping customers or helping the with their purchase.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.