GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun Place with a great energy.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrimack, NHOctober 19, 2017
Overall My experience was fine. Most of my managers were really easy to get along with and learn from. My coworkers were great. I learned a lot about customer service and retail. The only thing I did not like was that everyone besides managers were paid the same, even if someone had been there for years, they received the same wage as someone who started a week before.
Overall Experience
Customer and Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 19, 2017
Gap will train and develop associates to the best of their ability. Great place to work, if you have a positive mindset and enjoy working with people, it can be a great experience. People work for people and it's what you can bring individually to the team that creates the best work place.
Pros
Great career advancement if you're willing to work hard
Cons
Working long hours, lots of management turnover
Learned a lot from this company.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaOctober 19, 2017
In my four years of management with this company I wore many hats and learned a ton through each experience. The pay is competitive and the best advice i was ever given was that there will never be a work /life balance, but there will be a work/life harmony. When you are at work you will work very hard but the benefits this company offers are great! Gym membership discounts, health, dental, 401K, stock options and a 50% discount on regular priced items. It is unfortunate to say that the company has undergone a massive restructure and has rid itself of grade 4 & grade 12 managers which were the pillars to a stores success. Now they have consolidated teams & managers at a lower pay. I was impacted from the restructure and told to take a demotion and pay cut to stay, but decided to leave instead. I wish everyone well and hopefully they can figure out what's next for their strategy.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
lay offs, company restructure, stores closing
Overly Complicated
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 18, 2017
Very stressful environment. Upper management expects store teams to be able to squeeze water out of a rock without providing the necessary support to accomplish goals.
Pros
Great Pay/Benefits
Cons
Stressful, Work/Life Balance
one day at GAP
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAOctober 18, 2017
I worked very little at Gap Inc, it was not the greated as it got overwelming and stressful when there was nobody there to help you. When there was nothing to do, just fold clothes, was not the place for me to work at.
It was a seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 18, 2017
It was enjoyable for awhile but i was let go and not even notify of my last day. Didn't receive an email or call to at least let me know when i would stop working there which was rude. But otherwise it was an okay job.
Pros
Good breaks, sometimes provide snacks, and great discounts
Cons
they need a better training system
awsome working with Gap
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 17, 2017
Gap Inc was a very fun and great place to worked, i really did enjoy myself working for them, at Gap inc was interactiong with customers and helping them with their orders and the promo code, the supervisor was helpful and friendly always willing to help if need
Pros
staff, supervisor, customers, pay was ok, the breakroom
Cons
the overtime
Decent place to work at
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
As a College student looking for a part-time job. Working at the gap provided me with a decent paycheck. Employees are friendly and nice. I've learned a lot working well with others as a team. Had the opportunity to work with professionals, and grow. As well developing new skills. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask. Competing different tasks at a certain time.
Working the phones
Fraud Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working multiple phone lines painstaking try to make sure customers are not the victims of fraud, only for them to yell at you because you're calling them to make sure the order they placed was real.
Pros
Pay
Creative place to work.
Assistant General Manager/Head of Visuals (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
There was always something to do. I enjoyed the business analysis and visual creativity the most. Retail is a hard business to be in. Most stores are having a harder time competing with online power houses. Often times, it was online that caused unnecessary customer service issues. We were the face that took the brunt, they are not. I appreciate Gap's eagerness to solve this disconnect, it just wasn't happening fast enough.
Pros
Good benefits and bonus opportunities
Cons
Intense work load with little payroll
very cultural place fast pace work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Emeryville, CAOctober 17, 2017
my experiance working for gap was very outgoing, upbeat, and fast pace . i never had any altercations with any of my other employees . they were so sweet
Pros
discounts, meeting new people
Cons
short breaks, busy
Fun place to work at while in college as a full time student
Bran Visual Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 17, 2017
I started working at Gap as holiday temporary worker, gap ended up keeping me. I enjoyed working at gap since it was flexible with my college schedule at that time. I was a regular sales person which advance into a customer service manager and then a Brand Visual specialist which meant i had to work graveyard to early morning shifts in order for me to place the clothing product on the floor before store opening hours. Very fun place to work in my early 20"s
Pros
Employee Appreciation gift and lunches
Cons
too much pressure in opening a credit account to customers
Superior company to work for - 9.5 put of 10.
Vice President of HR/OD (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2017
Incredible place to work. Great pace, lots of stretching assignments, very smart people, tons of diversity at every level. Gap make great investments in developing high potential talent. It expects much, but gives much as well.
Inventory Specialist for inbound (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OH 43125October 17, 2017
Gap Inc is a great place to work! I worked 10 hour shift and I mostly worked by myself. I started off as a picker then I learned how to do inventory. I enjoyed every part of my job at Gap Inc warehouse.
Pros
Had three 20 minute paid breaks.
Cons
Sometimes the company didn't have enough gladiator guns.
Its the Gap
Floor Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 17, 2017
Yeah, this place is good to work for if youre a simple minded high school girl. If its anything else, then youll probably be treated terribly as an employee.
Great place to work!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 16, 2017
This is a great place to work. The pay is competitive (even for sales associates) and the discounts are good. Discounts have gone down in value since there are always sales going on; however, still a great job with good benefits. There is a high turnover rate with management, but it's retail and is to be expected.
Fast paced environment with a great opportunity for growth
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 16, 2017
Company is fast paced and has a created a culture where every associate interacts with customers. Employees enjoy helping customers and go the extra mile to deliver great customer service.
Honed good communication skills
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2017
Interacting with customers and listening to their concerns and questions about products gave an opportunity to improve communication and problem solving skills.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not any
A calmly workplace
Gap in Employment (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 16, 2017
Gap is an Easy job,
Great Management,
But Hard to find the clothes that the guest are looking for,
Friendly Employees,
Good pay but Minimum Hours,
Calmly store
Pros
Great people and Great salary
Cons
Minimum hours
not bad but definitely could be better
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 15, 2017
easy work, but corporate greed has its hold on management. not a bad place to work but supervisors are incompetent and managementr does nothing. HR is the worst, basically they genuinely dont care about employee safety, as long as you show up and dont ask questions, just do what your told follow the blind you'll be fine.
Pros
no dress code, friendly associates
Cons
management, communication relations between associates and higher ups

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.