GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,118 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
Fashion Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 25, 2016
Worked graveyard arranging store and making sure all merchandise is in stock and available for next business day. Manager was really supportive and understanding.
Pros
FUN, CREATIVE PLACE
Cons
NOT ENOUGH HOURS
Seasonal Job(Picking and Packing)
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 25, 2016
Working at Gap Inc is a wonderful experience with great benefits as well as the people you are around. Sadly it is a seasonal job and I am forced to look for another opportunity do to it being temporary.
Pros
Cafe Lunch, 3 Breaks, Discounts
Cons
Seasonal Work, Job Security, Management
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARAugust 25, 2016
The company has a little more paper work than most but its still a fun environment! The employees are fun and so are the customers!
Floor sets are a over night thing but the employees make sure it stays fun!
Gap
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Gap CAAugust 25, 2016
clean organized place with friendly staff mangers are great at the Gap great wonderful place to work with understanding co workers

awesome place to work with the store and fitting rooms
Best company I've worked for
Communications Coordinator - Japanese (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 24, 2016
The company understands the importance of having good people. It has high standards, but also treated its people with respect. It also had a good benefits and made all of its people feel welcome.
Pros
Good people
Excellent retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2016
I worked at the Tampa location for almost two years and the management staff was great and I enjoyed working there. The work environment was great and I felt that I was supported and trusted throughout my time there.
My first job many years ago!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAAugust 24, 2016
Greatest job experience I ever had. The company was an excellent company to work for who had many incentives for not just managers, but also for employees. The management team had great leadership skills that they passed down to their teams. Competitive pay, flexible hours, overall great working environment.
Great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Greet customers entering the establishment and Maintain clean and orderly checkout area
Maintained sales record for inventory control
Received payments by cash, credit or debit and distribute the proper change if necessary
Deliver excellent customer service on a day to day basis.
Fun sometimes.
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 22, 2016
I enjoyed working there until my boss was hired. She wasn't friendly and was very racist. The environment was very hostil all the time and we all dreaded working at that certain store.
Excellent company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, NJAugust 22, 2016
Very flexible with work/life balance which was needed at the time. Would recommend anyone to work for the brand of companies.
Fun place
Replenishment Associate (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHAugust 21, 2016
Some people are nice. We have work throughout the year. Overtime, is nice. But, you gotta work, if you don't work they will let you go. Hardest part of the job is team work. their is very little of that.
Pros
People
Cons
People
Fun and friendly workplace
Sales and brand associate (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 19, 2016
A lot of different types of work. Helped me acquire many basic skills such as: Customer service, time management, resource management, organizational skills, problem solving.
A decent place to work the Pay was not that great
Seasonal Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYAugust 18, 2016
The people that I worked with were nice. and helpful
did not learn anything new. My supervisor were very nice the hardest part of the job was how they had the warehouse laid out. there were multi level small box storage which you would have to run up and down all night pulling stock. placing it on a conveyer only to put it back later. didn't seam very efficient
Pros
nice break room
Cons
a lot of work for very little money the company offered
Fun, Flexible, Family oriented workplace
Gap Outlet Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAAugust 17, 2016
I have been in the company for 13 years since 2003. I started as a Sales Associate to an Assistant Manager. They are flexible with my scheduled since I had a baby 5 months ago; so they work with me. We are like a family there and they don't judge you in any situation you are in.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
hours varies with business of sales
It's a job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 17, 2016
Basically penalized for taking care of their customer. If you go past you scheduled break or lunch times while helping a customer with their order or issue, every minute is held against you. You have so many minutes per 8 hr day to go over. If you do, it is reflected in your performance review, resulting in lower chances for preferred shifts, pay increases, etc. There are no sick days, just hours earned. If you are sick, you have to use paid time off , in essence vacation hours, and that is also counted against you in the end. Other than this, the company os not to bad to work for.
Pros
Decent pay and hours
Cons
Personal metrics for overage of time helping THEIR customer
Loved what I represented
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedarhurst, NYAugust 17, 2016
Insuring that our area was well stocked and presented. Working on schedules. Having the area well maintained for our customers.

I learned how to present our products visually. Making it appealing to our customers.

Management was very involved in all aspects of the store. Ensuring that the store operated on top tier expectations.

Co-workers were always happy and willing to work together.

Hardest part of the job was not being able to provide products that our customers requested. Not being able to provide our best service.

Working in such a positive place made us all want to go to work and put our front foot forward.
Pros
Great Employee discount
Cons
None really
Good discounts
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 17, 2016
Like most of the people, some was not so fun to work with. Not knowing if your going to get enough hours. When its summer its gets so hot in the warehouse and not enough fans to keep us cool.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not hours
Diverse working environment
Cash Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2016
A very diverse working environment. Hours are flexible, you are able to go to school and work as well. Fun working atmosphere, room for growth.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
leave late at night
Good Benefits
Merchandise Handler (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNAugust 17, 2016
Gap has excellent benefits, however, they will use you to do supervisory type jobs and tell you that you are a clerical and not give you anymore money. If you plan to stay there any amount of time, don't look for a promotion and just stay on the floor.
Pros
Benefits, PTO
Cons
Promotions take forever, its not what you know its who you brown nose
Gap Inc
Senior Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 17, 2016
It's been a long time since I've worked with this company but indeed is requiring me to submit a review. from what I remember it was a good company to work for however there was limited growth and that is why I left for other opportunities.