GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,068 reviews matching the search
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate/Merchandiser in Training (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2016
I started working for gap when I was 17 years old. I learned so much in this atmosphere and got the chance to meet some amazing people. I also got a chance to participate in one of Gap Inc.grand store openings.
Pros
Discounts, Flexibility
Cons
No benefits unless full time
Productive and fun work place
Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2016
Really easy going job, just have to be good with customer service and keeping everything neat and organized. The management is great always listening to your needs.
Dont Expect to much
Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 25, 2016
This company is transitioning and is currently losing a great deal of long time management. They have lost the happy go lucky atmosphere they once provided as a result.This company is also trying to reduce costs by providing their employees the bare minimum in salary and incentives.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, Hours, high expections
Gap is Great.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 23, 2016
The management is wonderful and I love my employees. It is a great job to have while managing a new born baby. I'm glad I started working here and will be happy the whole time.
fun but dramatic
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 22, 2016
management didn't know how to treat employees properly
not enough hours
met SOME nice people
Management didn't know how to schedule people or inform people of shift change.
Forgot to give breaks/lunch
Conflict amongst co-workers and management
Challenging but rewarding workplace focused on customer service.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYJuly 22, 2016
Spent most of my shifts (8 hours typically) helping with ringing customers, helping them find merchandise that bes suit their needs, and opening up store credit cards, Assisted in opening and closing the store, greeting customers, and putting away merchandise that was returned or tried on in the fitting rooms. I learned how to multitask quickly and efficiently, how to interact with customers on a personal level in order to improve customer and business relations. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the gratitude from customers and managers. Management was nice, but ultimately I didn't feel welcomed or supported.
Regular day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2016
Our regular days at work were very on point and all the associates did their job perfectly. Me, being an associate I really understood the fact that this company really strives to be the best and I respected that. That is why I did my best at work every single day.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 21, 2016
Gap Inc. is an awesome company. It is fun and the salary is competitive. Although, you have to work 6 months in order to become a regular employee and they don't offer you a lot of hours. It pays well but if you don't have enough hours you end up earning the same salary as in other work with less pay and more hours. My co-workers are super friendly and also two of my managers are excellent. There is one manager that oftenly puts more weight in us and I end up my shift just wanting to clock out and go.
Decent
Back-up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJuly 21, 2016
Lack of consistency due to the fluxuation in retail. Great interior management team but terrible from the higher ups thru corporate.
Pros
Benefits, paid breaks
Cons
Work environment
Gap
Assistant Manager - Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 20, 2016
Loved the Company. This was my school. Great support for the employee development. Happy work environment. This was the best experience I had.
Pros
Employee Development Opportunity
Cons
Productive and fun place to work. At times.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 18, 2016
I have been with them for multiple years, and have had no chance to advance and my hours are cut more than new hires when I am trained for almost every aspect of the job. Managers have favorites, and act on them. Co-workers are great, but new hires don't want to do their job making everyone else's job harder.
Pros
works with schooling
Cons
cut hours, no communication with management, only hire part-time
Great place to be part of
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2016
There is very little stress. Everyone just does their job, and that makes it a pleasure to come to work every day.I have the ability to help others and I am able to balance work with personal matters without conflict. The management works diligently to create a supportive, teamwork environment. For the most part, employees check their egos at the door and all pitch in to complete the goals. I have the training and the freedom to help the customer the best way possible.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 18, 2016
Good place to work. They empower you to make the decisions to help take care of the customers even if the policy may dictate otherwise.
Hard work always pay off
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJuly 17, 2016
I enjoy my stay here and nothing beats having like minded peers, strong managerial staff, friendly loss prevention personnel and surprise parties thrown ever so often.
A typical day...
Depot Manager (Former Employee) –  Blackburn, UKJuly 17, 2016
- Involved dealing with and responding to emails
- Dealing with any HR issues
- Dealing with the 200+ deliveries we had each day
- Reporting to management through presentations and 1 to 1's
- Visiting existing clients
- Visiting prospects to promote company
Pros
Team ethic, colleagues
Cons
Travel
Productive and fun workplace
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 15, 2016
A great company with a warm and friendly staff. The only room for improvement would be in the area of advancement within the company. I enjoyed my time there and highly recommend others to work with GAPSI
Productive and Fun
Lead merchandiser/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sringfield,PaJuly 14, 2016
Working as a lead merchandiser you have to have a visionary approach to details with setting the store with merchandise. Having to be able to multitask and work well under pressure to get the store looking presentable while reaching the daily sales goal as well as making sure that customers are always satisfied with service and merchandise.
Fun place to work
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 13, 2016
Shipment. stocking, signage, markdowns. Fast paced environment with a mostly international customer base. Multifaceted expectations and workload.
A good career starter but not for long term
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 13, 2016
The company is suffering and shrinking because it cannot figure out how to get out of its own way and change/improve. The environment is very low energy and discouraging. Lots of people are trying to get out and for good reason. The company's best days are behind it and it will never be a leader in the industry again.

In my department people are over worked or avoid work because there is no incentive to do more than necessary.
Pros
People can be pretty nice
Cons
Lower pay than other places; frustrating management
not what I expected
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYJuly 13, 2016
Very unprofessional, they never give enough hours, they lie about giving you hours, very disorganized, hire too many people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.