GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,109 reviews matching the search
Horrible Managment
Gap Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2017
Not a great work environment. The management was horrible. Workers were taken advantage of. Often forgotten about on the floor which resulted in no breaks.
My amazing work place
Gap Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, VTJuly 19, 2017
I would recommend Gap to a lot of people. A typical day at work would be usually a 8 hour day. You do whatever they need you to do. The management is awesome. Would not ask for better managers. There is really no hard part to this job. You just wanna make sure you are customer servicing every customer that walks into the door, Telling them about our sales and offering them a tote to shop around with. Also offering them a fitting room. The most enjoyable part about this job is getting to know other people and i love talking to them about what they are getting the clothing for.
Pros
Great Management
good place
Visual Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 19, 2017
great benefits, great people, poor hours, but it is a retail store. Company takes care of their employees well with great benefit package. High turnover.
Pros
people
Cons
hours and pay
Fun working with my colleagues
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
Working with my colleagues was nice we would work as a team and if one was falling behind we would help with the work until my colleague was up to date with there work.
Pros
The caferetia
Cons
Short breaks
They have no sense of leadership
Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 19, 2017
Good on healthcare if you are a full time employee. If u are part time which most of their employees are they don't offer you much as an employee just the fact that you start off making 10 dollars and can get a 35 cents raise after a year if they actually do your review
Eh
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 19, 2017
Working at GAP was okay...just okay. There isn't much to enjoy about the job at all besides a few co-workers and that's if you ever get the chance to talk to any of them. They hire seasonal employees often but don't keep many on and the people that aren't seasonal don't see much of a pay raise.
Pros
co-workers are fun
Cons
High turn over rate
Fun but Unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 19, 2017
Employees lighten up the place , managers where all over the place with rules . Always very busy fun place they where just bad on time managent . Overall it was a nice work experience .
Great place to learn and hone your management skills
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  South Windsor, CTJuly 18, 2017
Gap is a great place to learn and hone your skills as a manager. There is a lot of tenure so continuing to grow can be a bit challenging. But it is a great starting platform
Great place to work for
Stock supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJuly 18, 2017
I enjoy working there. It's a friendly fast paced environment. Great co workers and mangers. Customers are 95% of the time nice and polite and respectful.
demanding and no recognition
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 18, 2017
Work schedule varies depending on your task. Morning crew is loaded with a lot of work and are schedule to work the worst hours and no employee recognition for their hard work.

Want to know more about GAP Inc.?

Ask a question
Not very supportive of employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 18, 2017
Although the employment was seasonal the management staff was very misleading on work performance and status of permanent job offer. I was very let down with this employer. Would not recommend.
Great company overall but needs to be more strategic
Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
Enjoyed a successful career with opportunities to rotate through different finance functions and different brands. Finance function is managed well.

The company is too connected to managing to quarterly results and needs to step away from this for a few years and work on improving and simplfying overall processes
Good company to work for. Good compensation. Challenging
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJuly 17, 2017
You have control on how much you grow as a Leader. Workload is very challenging. It will form you to get to any other company and rock it!
Great experience!
Pros
Discount-Experience
Cons
Payroll is challenging
Good Benefits, Little Opportunity to Advance
Merchandising/Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 17, 2017
The company offers good benefits and decent pay but little chance to move up. The company does not have loyalty to long term associates or managers when it comes to saving a dollar. It seems like every 5 years they terminate the same position and rename it to hire new associates that they can pay less and offer less benefits to.
Pros
Discount benefits
Cons
Job Security and recogniton
productive place
sourcing merchandiser (Current Employee) –  New Delhi, ILJuly 17, 2017
learning different ways of working .
co-ordination between cross functional teams .
aligning mills and vendor so that final goal is achieved .
workculture is balanced .

learning new working systems
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
flexi timings
Only worth it if it's to gain experience.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
If you're trying to gain experience and don't plan to make it your career path then by all means gap isn't a bad choice. If you want to advance and actually do more with yourself it isn't the place for you. It's a very laid back company with things they shouldn't be and have no moral structure.
Pros
they work with your availability.
Cons
management, no structure, no team effort.
Loved it
Warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJuly 16, 2017
Gap is a wonderful job with awesome opportunities. I would suggest them to anyone. It was one of my better jobs and I wish I could go back. You will love working at this company.
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJuly 16, 2017
It is very hectic on weekends as we are very busy; you have to be very good at multitasking and definitely flexible with your hours. You have to realize that not all customers are going to be nice; so there will be days where you have a couple of bad cookies; but there are definitely lots of wonderful people you meet.
Pros
Very good breaks
fun,friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 16, 2017
The gap is very fast pace work environment. You are crossed trained to do multiple different task everyday. I do a lot of brand work. Some of my daily task is ringing on the register, helping customers. On the busier flow days when shipment comes we are moving the store product around and putting out new shipment.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
short breaks
Inconsistent Scheduling
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 16, 2017
Although I enjoy my job for the most part, its frustrating not getting a set schedule with steady hours. I would prefer a steady work schedule where I can maintain a weekly routine, also allowing time for me to tend my 11yrs old daughter.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.