GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,425 reviews matching the search
Supportive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 13, 2017
This company was always supportive, and encouraging to do better and set goals to move up in the company as well as made sure each customer was happy.
people i worked with was nice
Online Picker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJanuary 13, 2017
For my first time ever working in a warehouse, the experience was very interesting. The trainers was very patient and taught well. I got the opportunity to work in different areas of the warehouse. I did enjoy myself working there.
Pros
people i worked with
Cons
to much drama, not enough background checked
Stressful work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAJanuary 13, 2017
If your sales were not high they would give you a smaller section (commission not offered), but if your sales were too high they tended to cut your hours. You never knew if you were doing the right thing or upsetting the store manager.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Don't waste your time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 13, 2017
The managers are very unprofessional, gossip about everyone & very inflexible
Short breaks
No hours
You can not grow with the company unless you kiss.....
They think everyone that walks in steals
Pros
They don't give you anything to do...ever so you're making money for doing nothing
Cons
Short breaks, childish managers
Not very pleased with this company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 13, 2017
The pay is not good. They do not appreciate their sales associates. They do not give their part time employees any benefits. They do not give their sales associates any credit or real recognition for providing excellent customer service. The sales associates are the ones working with the customers one on one, so considering how awful Gap. treats their sales associates, expresses they don't care to much about their customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
friendly atmosphere
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 12, 2017
You always want to go to work. They have the best quality of products. Everyone in the management team has their own role to own in the store. The best benefits package I've ever had. I've already learned new merchandising techniques. Helping people make selections in the fitting room can be a lot of fun.
Pros
4 weeks paid vacation a year
Cons
The company is not doing so great in sales.
Fun, great teamwork
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Gap was one of my favorite places to work. Management really took care of its employees. Everyone got along well and worked great as a team.
Goal oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Each day there would be a new goal on sales for each department and on gap card sign ups, each day we would strive to meet those goals. It was a great team to work with, all very friendly and hard working.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
little hours
Merchandising
Visual Brand Expert Manager (Former Employee) –  Haven, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Learned every aspect of retail. From shipment to visual as well as customer service. Enjoyed using my personal flare to showcase trends
Low pay but great enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAJanuary 12, 2017
Coworkers are always friendly and they are ver yunderstanding with covering shifts, switching shifts, and PTO.Busy days are typically weekends but during the week its easy going.
Pros
Customers, Staff
Cons
Pay, breaks
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoy working at Gap because everyone is friendly! The coworkers and the managers. Everyone is super helpful. A typical day at work for me would consist of me starting of the day talking to the LOD and they would inform me of sales, discounts, and the goal for the day, then they would tell me where to go and work and I would be there until it was time to leave.
Fun & Exciting
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSJanuary 11, 2017
As an Old Navy store manager, work was busy, stable, and never dull. This company was very easy to work for. All management employees were always there for support.
Pros
Great hours, salaries, and benefits
Cons
The particular store I managed was unfortunately closed.
Fun
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  54st 5th AvenueJanuary 11, 2017
Overall I had a great experience at the Gap. fun atmosphere great coworkers. Work hours were limited especially if you were new. Holidays were a mess.
excellent environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 10, 2017
The environment and team work was excellent, was very flexible in terms of shifts. However, it wasn't a job for long term.
Pros
flexible
Cons
didn't have benefits
Great environment to work in
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I was the stock supervisor when I left. When I started I was just a regular sales person. You can move up real quick so its up to you if you get promoted. They show a lot of team work and support for each other.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
A lot of deadlines to meet
Very nice environment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sawgrass, FLJanuary 10, 2017
Very cool and friendly. I like a fast and team work flow. I could talk to any one of my mangers at anytime. Very helpful and loving. Unpack boxes and put them on a rack
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Short hours
fun place
Customer Service/Back of House Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
it''s a good work space, needs a little more organization and communication. You receive information through a daytime manager and then later on receiving conflicting information from an overnight manager. Then you're left to figure it out yourself.
Great experience, most managers were outstanding
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2017
Working at Gap inc. was a great experience. The manager who hired me treated me very kindly and would help with whatever obstacle i faced. Most of the managers there were great, although there were a few that seemed to have a negative and cynical attitude toward the clientele, something I wasn't very comfortable with.
Productive work environment with room for growth
SALES ASSOCIATE, MANAGEMENT TRAINEE (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Friendly work environment with an interesting and diverse group of customers and employees in a fast-paced workday that was never boring.
Pros
Team Oriented Workplace
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Good place to work. Not much room to move up in the company. Very fun and energetic. Pretty much every job is done by everyone. Competitive pay for everybody

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.