Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Not a very good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2017
My experience at this job wasn’t the best the managers didn’t seem as if they cared about the employees most of the time also it was very stressful it’s like they wanted you to be over the top constantly bothering the guest
Pros
50% off clothes
Cons
Very stressful environment
Productive and can be a great place to work.
Keyholder Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2017
I started off as a Sales Associate then Senior Sales Associate and then a Keyholder Specialist. There is some room for advancement but it takes some time. The hours are flexible but they don't provide benefits for part time employees. Depending on the position you're applying for, do not let this be your only source if income.
Pros
Generous discounts, recognition
Cons
No benefits for PT employees
Great Company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2017
great company and work place good work life balance family orientated environment easy shifts to work and very fast paced especially during the holidays
Pros
50% off discount at all of the Brands
Cons
Short breaks
Its a part time job
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellenton, FLNovember 8, 2017
Don't expect to be promoted. They do not promote associates, they only bring in other mangers from different areas. Pay is also poor for they amount of work you are expected to do.
Productive and work life balance
Hadoop Developer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 8, 2017
Nothing much to explain..

Nice place to work..

Will have fun at work..

Productive and work life balance.......

Great encouragement at work..........
Fair place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYNovember 8, 2017
Fair pay for the job wish it wasn’t seasonal trainers are great listening to music while you work is key to making a regular 10 hour shift go by faster. Would absolutely recommend the job.
Pros
2 Paid breaks, fair pay, good staff
Cons
Seasonal work, very rough on your body
good
Behavior Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kinnelon, NJNovember 7, 2017
Good company and benefits. Management worked well. The hours did vary. Fun and rewarding company to learn and develop from. Learned many business practices.
Fun workplace, lots of overtime provided during holiday season
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 7, 2017
Working at GAP inc was fun, face paced, stressful at times but overall a great place to work. A lot of overtime offered during the holiday season. Great discounts.
stock
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10022November 7, 2017
the company is very busy.. there are many sales for stocks. team work are good. do cleaning after mess up . put clothes our of boxes, fold the boxes and carrying boxes to recycles.
my summary
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2017
Gap was an outstanding job in the package dept you would repeatedly pack as many items as possible. In replenish you would refill items over and over. shipping and recieving was recieving and opening up thetrucks and doing kanban.
Pros
great benefits 4 days a week good pay
Cons
far location very physical 10 hour days
easy work for great pay
Picker (Current Employee) –  Gallatin, TNNovember 6, 2017
the job is very easy and the pay is great. the only con for me is the distance. I work 3rd shift so it was a relaxed atmosphere while you are working, supervisors and trainers are very nice. They really work with you on your schedule, whether it be time off or helping find a schedule that fits for you.
Pros
pretty great job
Cons
distance
Fast pased business
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OHNovember 6, 2017
The company takes advantage of young employees trying to advance there career. Exempt status for managers so overtime is not paid. Late hours are expected not appreciated.
Depends on the manager
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJNovember 6, 2017
Workplace culture greatly varies from store to store. I really loved my manager at the store I was in. Pay was pretty awful, but otherwise the benefits were good.
A very well rounded company
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CANovember 6, 2017
Gap's call center is based on a flexible business need for all employees. Meaning that hours to be worked are flexible. The day to day business aspect is rather laid back till holiday season comes around and it gets a little chaotic for about two months and then it quickly settles back down to a relaxed environment.
I have learned a lot working there as far as calculating my stats and predicting call volume. Gap's workplace culture is very laid back. There is no set uniform and there are all sorts of different people that work there.
Pros
great pay, extra hours, career advancement, Vto, benefits.
Cons
Pushy customers, mandatory add hours.
You will be busy
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CANovember 5, 2017
From open to close, you will be busy; dealing with customers, maintaining the sales floor and fitting rooms, or cashiering. There are lulls, but that time i spent preparing for the next rush.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
short hours
Great Envirement and wonderful people
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 5, 2017
Great company with wide variety of opportunities. Company encourage a balance between work and home life. My favorite part was volunteering and wherever I volunteer GAP contribute money.
Pros
Great discounts
You don't want to work for the gap
Online picker (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYNovember 5, 2017
Gap inc in fishkill NY is not a good place to work for. The gap treats there employees with no respect. Trust me you don't want to work for the gap in fishkill NY. They promise you a lot so they can get everything out of you and then when it comes time to keep there promise they don't and when you say something about it you get fired with out any reason.
Pros
Decent starting pay
Cons
The whole job
Loved everyone there, I was sad to leave
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WANovember 4, 2017
Great management and team. Everyone was so welcoming when I first started working and the team had a great dynamic, everyone did their part and then some usually. I was sad to leave this place when I moved away, I'd love to work there again
Pros
Good people, good management
Cons
sometimes short staffed during busy hours
Great company, Poor Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXNovember 4, 2017
Great company to work for but management can change your outlook on the culture that Gap Inc works hard to preserve. Lots of turnover due to favoritism.
I worked for old navy and it was awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 3, 2017
So unorganized, magager was very rude towards everyone. she basically acted like she was better than everyone else. she didnt even know what she was doing half the time and on top of that, they never gave me any hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.