GAP Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,182 reviews matching the search
Busy environment, with great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 16, 2016
I would come in and work the register, or work the floor and makes sure clothes were folded and in the right area. I had to display a constant presence on the sales floor, and help customers with whatever they had questions about or needed assistance with. My co-workers were nice. nothing was extremely hard about the job, but what I enjoyed most was working with individual and knowing I was helping them in some aspect.
Great discount but growth is limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCJuly 11, 2016
It was a job that simply paid for student loans and other odds and ends however some of the management team showed favoritism while some attempted to keep a even playing field.
Pros
great discount
Cons
short breaks, loss of hours, not so great healthcare benefits unless your full time which is almost impossible
Very easy, fun and productive work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Estero, FLJune 6, 2016
Everyday was a fun day to be at work.
I learned a lot about shipment and processing.
Managers were very professional and nice.
Co-workers were all easy going people to work with and learn from.
The job was very easy.
I enjoyed everyday working in that store environment.
I just wish they gave out more hours.
Pros
free lunches, discounts
Cons
benifits, hours
Gap
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 27, 2016
My time at GAP, even though I was young, it helped me establish that I was part of a team. We knew if one of was lacking, our numbers wouldn't reflect our customer service. I was with the company for about 3+ years and truth be told, I didn't want to leave when I got a new prospective job. Gap helped me establish my need for punctuality and to help others.
Voted Best Work Place, and Proven
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Albertville, MNMay 11, 2016
I have been here for about 4 years now, and for a reason. The employees that work here are always happy. So willing to help others, with smiling faces. Our favorite part of the job is just being able to interact with all different types of customers and their families that come in. We are even more ecstatic when they ask for help and opinions. This company wasn't ranked one of the best companies to work for, for no reason.
Pros
Great employees, Customer Interaction
Cons
No hours to work
fun place to work
Floor Salesman (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 20, 2016
Great company, although the location was a cause for stress in a outlet sopping mall. Outstanding team members and managers. very busy during holidays, but allows flexibility for cross training.
Pros
Company Discount, to include Banana Republic
Cons
minimal breaks, messy traveler customers, repetitive music
Productive and fun to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CA 94588September 5, 2016
Working at Gap gave me the opportunity to get my feet wet in the retail environment. Extremely friendly environment and eager to help new employees get accustomed to store maintenance and guest service.
Pros
Hour lunches, staff meetings, career building excercises
Cons
No room for progression
Great company to work for
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 11, 2016
I worked at GAP for almost 7 years and I enjoyed every minute of it. I woke up each day with excitement in going to work. My General Manager was amazing. I started out as a Sales Associate and worked my way up to Visual Manager and Manager. I only had to leave the company due to work/life. I had a younger daughter at the time and the scheduling was not working for my family and I.
Pros
associates, managers, culture
Cons
pay and scheduling
Worst Job Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYSeptember 21, 2016
I absolutely hated it. Managers weren't scheduling me enough hours. Would schedule me then say never mind don't need you. It was a wast of time honestly. I would never work there again. Dust bunnies everywhere. Clothes all over the floor. They never cleaned the customer bathroom during the day very gross.
fun and welcoming
Sales Associate/ Cashier/Overnight (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
*Remove shipment from truck
place item onto bakers racks
remove items from bakers rack unto the sales floor

* I learned that working overnights i work best under pressure in a short amount of time

* Managers work with you the best they can

* There is no hard part of my job, i know all the ins and outs

* when working during the day the best part of my job is making sure the customers are comfortable and happy with there shopping experience
productive but slow work place
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 19, 2016
Clocked in at 6:50 am from then on i went to my work station and began scanning products into assigned boxes,I learned how to fix shipping errors from my time there the hardest part of my job would have to be standing on my feet for 10-12 hours daily.
Pros
very clean enviornment
Cons
short breaks and only worked temporary
Gap
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 1, 2016
The job at gap was a job that i had while i was in college just trying to get extra money fro clothes and thats all that it was good for , the supervisor and manager there i feel were unprofessional and werent willing to assist with the needs of the employees and no one was on one accord with eachother
Pros
nothing
Cons
short lunches and breaks
Great Place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2016
It was a good place to have my first retail job. However, even though I was recruited at my school, it seemed like they expected GAP to be my first priority. I was always asked to stay later than the time I was scheduled or come in on my days off. My hours would be cut with no hesitation and in the same breath I would be asked to stay late. I always had to compensate for my coworkers that either wouldn't show up or would show up and do half of their jobs. Even though my managers would make me feel special at a constant by telling me I have "great managerial skills" and they need more employees like me, I was never given a raise.
Pros
Employee Discounts and Breaks
Cons
Demanding
Horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 22, 2016
The only schedule you for 4 1/2hr shifts. There was a month where I only worked 5 shifts. When you ask for more shifts they say of course they will see what they can do and nothing happens. There is absolutely o way to make a living here.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Short breaks, Pay Rate, Lack of Shifts, Poor Management
Awesome environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2016
I met some of the best people at GAP, it was one of the more laid back retail stores that I have worked for. Although, there were times it got SUPER busy. Unfortunately, I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked with this job because we were all laid off.
Pros
50% discounts!
Cons
Store closed
Great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Greet customers entering the establishment and Maintain clean and orderly checkout area
Maintained sales record for inventory control
Received payments by cash, credit or debit and distribute the proper change if necessary
Deliver excellent customer service on a day to day basis.
Productive workplace with great management team
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAApril 29, 2016
I learned how to multitask very well at this job, everyday was a juggle between helping customers,putting product out on the floor, updating all the signs. My management team and co-workers were amazing, they made it an incredible experience. The hardest part would have to be always having everything done by closing time. The best part was when there would have to be a change made in the store then a group of employees would be working together building/ breaking down walls and decorating.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
short breaks
Treat employees how you want them to treat your best customers
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 11, 2016
Zero passion and sub-par paychecks/benefits. Stay away from this company! Employee engagement is the emotional commitment the employee has to the organization and its goals. When a company treats it's employees cheaply it engenders less commitment.
A good source of diverse job opportunities for technical staff.
DevOps/Build and Release Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 13, 2016
Great people to work with. Good benefits. Amazing technology variety and scale. Strong diversity and inclusion atmosphere. Plenty of opportunities to move horizontally. Used to have strong support for remote workers.
Easy to rise, but hard to keep.
Sales Associate, Childrens Replenisher (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 24, 2016
In the first 8 months of my time at Gap Inc I was asked to be full time as a children's merchandiser. But once obtained no real responsibility came because of the managers and the ever changing operations.
Pros
Fun, great coworkers
Cons
Mangers, how our scheduling worked