Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Has good moments
Old Navy Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 6, 2018
I personally love working in GAP.
It is a very competitive job for any one of the stores. If you are behind you get left unfortunately.
As an employee they do try to keep you on the same page as them, when it gets hectic in the store however some of the GAP management does have some unrealistic expectations sometimes.
Pros
Fun environment, 50% off
Cons
Completion
Could have been better
customer service (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Everything was unorganized. My hours were never consistent. I hardly would get hours to work even with an open schedule. They knew my school schedule yet they would call me to come in during those times. Aside from the lack of organization the customers were great and my coworkers were very friendly.
Family friends
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
In the Gap, they treat everyone like they are family. Well, the Gap is the best of the best and we welcome every customer with a smile. If you want something new go to the Gap.
My store location was the not the best place.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenwood, CAJanuary 5, 2018
The job was seasonal but the hours were less than 10. Working only 3-4 hours a day and barley having any days to work. The management lacked leadership and they were very unorganized with scheduling.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unorganized managing
Great Place to Work
Assistant Brand Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 5, 2018
Typical retail environment with lots of work load and little time. But you stay busy and the days go by quick. Fun atmosphere with people you work with, daily competitions to meet sales/Gap Card goals.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Holiday hours
wonderful place to work
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  columbus ohJanuary 4, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere...plenty of freebies and good discounts..flexible schedules tuition reimbursement...paid time off...onsite cafeteria..climate controlled facility
Pros
freebies
Cons
career advancement not fair..
not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Gap is a wonderful company with great employees but it was not the job for me. It wasn't really as fast paced as i thought it would be and I always felt like i couldve been doing more tasks. good management, decent pay for a part-time student
Pros
nice co-workers, chill type of environment
Cons
boring
Fun Place To Work
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day working at Gap is interacting with customers. Customer service is very important! Management at Gap is pretty laid back compared to other brands. Hardest part of the job would be achieving Gap Card goals.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation
management sucks
Operator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2018
No one knows how to run most of the stores. Management is discriminatory unless you hang with their squad. After I left, the manager that I reported to was asked to leave because I was the one who was picking up all her slack and basically doing her job. I got paid minimum wage and every time I requested any type of raise they would say it's not in the budget while many of my fellow co-workers who did much less than me were able to receive pay raises.
very precise, clean, neat, organized.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 3, 2018
I worked at Gap during the holidays so everyday was very hectic. My first day was black Friday I had lots of help from the staff and the managers. I was only there for maybe two months just seasonal, but the hardest part about the job was having to fold clothes exactly creases by crease and having people come and take it all apart. I would at times get in trouble by the managers because of that so that was a tad difficult. overall it was a friendly place if one manager would be upset about that another would come and help me out and give me tips so I was also able to make a friend. The one thing I learned while working for Gap was the true definition of costumer service.
Pros
three breaks a day, 75% off and other brands affiliated with it.
Cons
long hours on your feet.
Amazing people that love retail!
Director of Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 3, 2018
Great people....smart individuals that formed a very solid team. The culture fostered not only an environment around driving the business, but also an environment that was about reaching out to those less fortunate in the communities that Gap services. Because the design and production of clothing was an in-house operation, the Visual Merchandising component was deeply connected to those visions. Made for a great, partnership-based community.
Pros
People
Cons
Relocation to NYC was out of my realm.
Fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Primm, NVJanuary 3, 2018
A typical day at the Gap was always busy new faces from all over the world I've learned so much while working at the gap. Everyone was always so happy it was like we where a family. There was nothing hard about this job everything was easy. I enjoyed meeting all the different people from other country.
Pros
fun nice people
Cons
its in primm Nv
n/a
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 3, 2018
it was cool and fun to work at gap. i meet alot of new people and new friends . i have leard alot just by working at gap.the people was cool there and fun to work with.
Employees change quite frenquently
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJanuary 3, 2018
This company under pays their employees and works them long hours with little or no appreciation. Average age of employees ranges from 21-30 with little or no work ethic. Work is long and grueling with little leadership of what really is expected of employees.
Pros
not a lot
Cons
short breaks leadership is little or non existent
fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 2, 2018
I learned a lot about retail in this job.My customer skills improved. My knowledge of products increased. It was a good first experience for me and I took this knowledge to my next job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Not enough hous
Gap
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company very much. The discount and people were amazing. I had to leave when I was in the last stretch with my pregnancy,with twins.
Headquarters
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 1, 2018
Nice place to work, but sometimes there is too much work and not enough resources. It can be stressful, but challenging, never boring. You are given a lot of responsibility and expectations are very high. But management is not always familiar with the process details and this causes risks due to lack of overall knowledge of the resources that are needed to ensure work is done.

Gap has great benefits and does a lot for the community.
It was good, when there was help
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 1, 2018
A typical day at work for me would consist of being in the fitting room the whole day. Most days, there wouldn't be any help so I would be running out the fitting room, as well as organizing the tables. I would also be the only one to be getting any size the customer wanted, this went on for months. If there was more help I would probably still be working there. I honestly liked my job at GAP, and my co-workers were truly some of the best people I have met.
Pros
The people made it an incredible environment.
Cons
There was no help at times, making it very stressful to run the floor by myself.
Company really takes the times to listen to employees.
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 1, 2018
My experience at Gap Inc. -Call Center went above and beyond what I was expecting. The training was very informative and well thought out. Management and HR really took the time to answer any questions or address any concern with the resources available.
Pros
Free snacks, mandatory and optional overtime hours
Cons
temporary, had to meet percentage every day to be considered for a permanate position
Positive culture with mature supply chain
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 1, 2018
I worked for Gap in Maryland and in California. Most of my time with Gap was very enjoyable. The atmosphere was collaborative and the right resources were available to ensure the success of the mission. The company was clearly seasoned and established with good processes in the operation (logistics). The most organized company I have worked for since leaving the military.
Pros
Good processes and resources
Cons
Hard to influence change, big corporate environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.