GAP Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,071 reviews matching the search
Best Place to work
Acct Analyst for CSSC Fixed Assets & Project Acct (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 16, 2016
I left Gap when I moved to Oregon in 2015, I had worked at Gap for 10 years. I miss it and can't seem to find another company like Gap.
Good
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 16, 2016
If you worked for a private company or a state government, you should contact the workers' compensation program for the state in which you lived or worked. The U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Workers' Compensation Programs, does not have a role in the administration or oversight of state workers' compensation programs.
A great company that provides work life balance!
International Treasury - Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 16, 2016
Many genuinely nice and friendly people who care both about you both on a professional and personal level. I've made lifetime friendships here.
It was great the first year
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJune 16, 2016
New leadership has not been good for Gap! It went from a company that cared about its people and their time to a company that is laying off people and shrinking payroll. They brought the hourly associates up to $10 an hour and then got rid of a manager and shrunk the amount of hours per store. By about 50-100 hours each week.
Ok, company!
Assistant Manager, Merchandising and Training (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 15, 2016
I worked for them for years as a sales associated then moved to management. Overall I enjoyed my time there but did not like being a manager there as much as a sales associate.
Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people at GAP and the customers..
The company themselves could not keep a manager. In 3 years I worked under 7 different managers. There was no personal relationship with employees and management as they came and went each with their own ideas on how things should be ran.
Sales associate, Cashier, Superior customer service, bilingual English
Sales associate, customer service, bilingual (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 15, 2016
Fun place working if you want to learn about good Costume Services and work in team, good company and good environment.
Pros
Nice employee discount lol
Cons
Good chocolates on Cristmas
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FL 33139June 14, 2016
I loved the location it brought customers from all over to our store which was a good way to learn different things about different cultures and countries.
Young, Vibrant Culture with Constant Change
Merchandise Planning (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2016
People are generally helpful. Young, eager, lots of turnover. Young managers who can do the work, but are not people managers. Lots of spin in meetings. Forecast heavy culture. No clear decision makers.
not a bad place
Pop-Up Transfer Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJune 13, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. They are flexible with time off and life situations, and fair.

I was proud to work here for 8 years.

I would probably continue to work for this company if there were opportunities in Columbus for my desired field.
Sales & Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 13, 2016
Old Navy was a great place to work. I enjoyed the retail environment the standing all day required a comfortable pair of shoes however; assisting customers to look great was most fun.
Pros
Gap Inc. Store Brand Discounts
Cons
working holidays & weekends
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJune 11, 2016
Hands on task everyday, Job was fantastic but traveling from Newburgh to Central Valley was difficult. I learned how to meet and greet new people. How to become more social with others. The workers that were at Gap were very social and warming. Asked if you needed to learn anything or needed help with anything.
Family work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Norridge, ILJune 8, 2016
I have worked for this company for 7 years now & I have built so many close friendships with my coworkers. Everyone works so hard to keep customers happy & to have them, most importantly, to keep coming back to our store.
Gap
Stock Supervisor / Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
Was fun to work for. Not too much room for advancement. Seasonal employment is good for those looking for something temporary that could be more permanent
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJune 8, 2016
The Gap was extremely fast paced, requiring great multitasking and communication skills. Located in the Roosevelt Field Mall, I've encountered many different types of people and learned how to properly conduct myself when dealing with customers.
Not a very functional enviorment.
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 8, 2016
Do NOT apply unless you like your money being "toyed" with, having your hours cut, and enjoy your managers turning on you when you've done nothing wrong.
Good for college students who go away to school.
Sales and Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, NYJune 7, 2016
Good job for high-school/college students who may go away to study as they keep employees on payroll up to 90 days before terminating their employment. Flexible hours and team oriented environment makes the company an optimistic place to work, but the work itself can be a bit repetitive.
Work place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  MDJune 7, 2016
greet people with a smile

hated the hours

did not like the manager

customer loyalty is a plus !

nice co workers

very unorganized
Pros
co workers
Cons
hours, manager
Fun place to work, college students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJune 7, 2016
I liked the job the mangers were all relatable to me because I am a young college student who have bills to pay. Dress code was casual so I got to wear Jordan's.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJune 7, 2016
great employees and a fun environment. Some drama between employees that don't get along but other wise love this company and would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
good pay
Cons
drama