GAP Inc

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,337 reviews matching the search
productive , energetic workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 10, 2016
A typical work day for me was just going to work walking in and walking around the store after I have clocked in to make sure that everything was picked up off the floor to make sure that there were no hangs or merchandise that was knocked down. I learned how to multi-tasks because, this work environment consisted of my doing my job and making sure the store was clean but along with that i would help any customer that was need of help. I was there for a short period of time and i was to close to many of my co-workers. I wouldn't say that there was a hard part of my job. Every part was very doable i stayed on top pf my work load. The most enjoyable part of my job getting to go to work everyday and help people.
productive work place
CSR and as an sales floor woman (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 10, 2016
overall Gap is a wonderful job and its very fun but yet fast paced. i enjoyed working there and giving my time to the customers.
Pros
we were schedueled thirty minute breaks
Cons
late shifts running between 6pm-12am
True to their motto.."We do more than just make clothes"
Real Estate Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2016
An iconic brand/company that has struggled to compete in the modern age of retail but, are aware of their shortcomings and are focused on being great again.
beautiful stores and merchandise
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 9, 2016
Beautiful stores and merchandise. Often have to work with a skeleton crew. Low wages for what is required to be done. Abusive customers
Pros
good employee discount
Cons
low wages, abusive customers
Fun and friendly work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAFebruary 9, 2016
Typically on the days I work I clean the store before we open.
I check if we have any orders to ship and store reserves.
If we have new promotions I adjust the marketing throughout the store.
When the store opens I assist the customers in any way that I can, and I ring up their purchases.
I replenish the merchandise on the sales floor, and I make sure the store stays neat.
I really enjoy my co-workers because they make it fun to go to work. My managers are very friendly, and I feel like I can approach them with any problem I need assistance with.
The hardest part of the job is not having a dependable work schedule. If the business is slow, there is not many hours that can be given to employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the different styles of clothes and getting to try on the new merchandise. Trying on the the merchandise helps me with assisting our customers with suggestions or giving accurate advice and answers to their questions.
Pros
Best work environment I have experienced.
Cons
I don't get enough hours during the week
Relaxed workplace atomosphere
Visual Lead, Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 9, 2016
This position has taught me how to adapt quickly and efficiently to changes. With frequent changes to promotions and marketing it requires attention to detail and urgent work ethic.
Competitive and fun work environment
Sales Associate/Denim Expert (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 8, 2016
Working for the Gap is quite enjoyable. The atmosphere is never dull and the customers always seem to feel some sort of satisfaction from the time they enter the store, and by the end of their shopping experience. We've always kept a competitive and fun work place. Our mangers would reward us whenever we've achieved any of our goals. My time with The Gap has taught me a lot when it comes to the retail sales environment. Understanding products, the type of customers that associate themselves with the Gap brand, product placement, reaching daily sales, loss prevention, and executing merchandising and marketing initiatives has really opened my mind. Our management team wasn't always persistent, but they definitely knew how to make sure each shift was full of exuberance.
There weren't really any difficult tasks I couldn't handle, the job was fairly easy and quick to catch on to. Allowing customers to feel a sense of comfort and understanding was the best part of the job, in my opinion. Call me selfish, but making sure a customer left the store with a great experience always made me feel accomplished.
productive work flow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 7, 2016
Great environment fun workers, refreshing team work great customers, schedule is pretty consistent and moderate individual customer goals
Rather simple but efficient work place.
Stock associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 7, 2016
The location while rather far to travel to is for the most part excellent. The various staff including myself are all hard working though the only gripe is with corporate not properly going over their required checks on equipment. On an average day myself, my manager and potentially another associate will assess any damage or mishandling with products before securing them for purchase on the sales floor. The only truly frustrating issue with job has mostly to once again deal with corporate and how they handle the product before we're able to actually get in into our location.
Pros
Reasonable hours, relaxed enviroment
Cons
Corporate incompetence
Terrible place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Was a Department Manager at a high volume location. This job was portrayed much differently then what it was. First off I was hired within a week so I should have known something was up. No help from anyone was told that I would be working with a team of ppl in my department not true. This position is more of manual labor. Associate are entitled and lazy and all have a nasty attitude.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Everything... Management always changed, hours, never felt appreciated, and high GM and ASM turnover.

Want to know more about GAP Inc?

Ask a question
Great people to work with.
Leadership / CES Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94105February 5, 2016
Great place to learn customer service skills. You deal with a variety of people daily and must deal with many personalities. My co-workers are fantastic to work with !!!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Nasty customers
Great job
Cashier and Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Great team to work alongside with. Awesome disocunt of 50% off of all new clothing items and additional 10% off of sales.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Rarely rude customers
Great job place
Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 4, 2016
Great job to build a career. They are all about developing their people and have a great track record of training and development. They have great vacation benefits as well.
Love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Great job would job again! I love the staff we are all a big family and they always are there for me. It's truly a great experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Great Workplace and Employees
Visual Team, Women's Styling (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Go over concepts for "Shops" and Windows then pull looks for mannequins. Dress out looks and have Visual Manager approve or adjust.

Learned about moving through looks quickly, working together with visual team on concepts.

Manager was easy to work with and easy to communicate with.

Loved all the co-workers, every one very nice and supportive.

Hardest part was getting on same page as many other people

Enjoyed styling looks and working with Visual Manager
part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I had this as a part time job and it was okay. Good pay for retail but the hours you get depend on if the store is making money. Therefore i did not receive a lot of hours. Great discount though.
Step outside your box
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 3, 2016
You have to learn to roll with the punches, work with your employee, respect, and enjoy what you do, Management needs to understand some situations especially when they come from a different store. Or out of the military life.
Pros
discount
Gap summary
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I have been working at gap inc for the past five years. i started as a sales associate and worked my way up to be a loss prevention agent. i have learned and grown with the company. This company has helped me improve on my customer service skills.
not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2016
positive work environment with friendly and encouraging management and co-workers. Fair pay. Fair amount of recognition for successes. Multiple team building activities. Employee oriented.
Pros
fun
Cons
local store closed
great place to work, pay is pretty good, and benefits are really good!!!!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Overall a great place to work, you get to hire train and develop associates. Forecast weekly goals prep store every morning merchandise different departments. I learned the different between a Boss and a Leader. My Manager was the definition of a Boss.... He set unreal expectations for the staff without clearly leading his team in completing them, then would throw fits if things weren't exactly his way. My Co-workers were pretty good besides the lack of communication at times. The Hardest part of my job is working with team members that don't work with the same passion as you at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with people and hire great people and develop young talent.
Pros
Great medical benefits, 4 weeks PTO
Cons
Training flaws, management, workload is sometime overwhelming.