GAP Inc
2,214 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

friendly environment, break room with TV and movies
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: great discounts. Meet celebrities that shop there
Cons: pressure put on opening up Gap cards
It is a great place to meet all kinds of people. Everyone is friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is opening Gap credit cards but once you get used to selling them it becomes competitive. The best part is making customers your friends and enjoying the shopping experience with them.
I worked at Gap (1 year)
Inventory Management- Planning Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2015
I worked at Gap as contractor (1 year)
Great company to work for
Employee recognition
Upper management support
Give back to community
good place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Beachwood, OHJune 2, 2015
had a great experience working here i gained new skills and new achievements met new people and had lots of fun my favorite part is working for gap in florida i got to meet celebrities!!!
Friendly Environment
Facilities (Former Employee), Skokie, ILJune 2, 2015
All coworkers and leadership were incredibly friendly and helpful. I received multiple opportunities for extra hours and multiple projects to work on.
Good part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Metairie, LAJune 2, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, easy tasks, management nice, discounts
Cons: very short hours, short breaks
Gap is a nice job for students or people who don't want many hours, tasks are easy, 50% off discount, fun environment to work, flexible hours, easy to switch shifts.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2015
Pros: free lunches sometimes, parties, international dish day
Cons: benefits packages are scarce
Courteous managers, but workload can be too much. Customers are really rude sometimes, but you must learn to have patience.
Great for college students, and advancement.
Team Lead (Current Employee), Rocklin,CAJune 1, 2015
Taking and monitoring inbound calls for online sales and quality control. All shift duties including running the floor, group motivation, responsibility in section productivity and heavy multi-tasking dealing with high stress level situations.
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edison, NJJune 1, 2015
This job entails dealing with a variety of customers. The best part of working at gap was the people I worked with. The hardest part was the patients you were required to have for certain customers.
hard work
Merchandise Handler (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYJune 1, 2015
very hard work, but great benefits. the management could use a little help, but the folks who make the cut are great hard working people.
They stole my sanity - I obviously wasn't paid enough for it
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMay 31, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: Not enough space in this bar for me to say
At first working here was something I was looking forward to. And I thought the holiday season was going to be the reason why I hated my job, but it wasn't. That was cake compared to dealing with management every day. I understand the purpose of management and their responsibilities on a daily basis. (drive sales, customer service, associates, scheduling, merchandising, etc.) That being said, I'm not writing this review as a bitter ignorant person. (okay, maybe a little bitter hehe).....

Let me just list some things about working here I particularly hated in no particular order...

1. There are on call shifts that appear on your schedule that aren't guaranteed hours, and you have to call the store 2 hrs before you're supposed to come in. I received schedules with only on call shifts for the week and did not get to come in for any of those shifts. Basically 0 hrs on the week - but it's the thought that counts right? NOT IF YOU HAVE BILLS.

2. If you requested days off through the computer system which is what you're required to do 2 weeks in advance to the date you're taking off - the next week's schedule after you have your day off, your hours will be cut significantly. I went from working 6 days one week, requested a day off, my new schedule had only 2 shifts and an on call.

3. The more gap cards you get - the more management will like you. You could genuinely be trying for one, asking every customer but if you don't get one a manager will talk to you about them. Which theoretically is fine... but... if you say you try and they see you try or that you almost got – more... one the response shouldn't be "well almost is not enough". That's discouraging - especially when you're already doing a million things for 9.00 an hr.

4. The managers don't communicate with each other. Even if you request a day and it gets approved there's a 80 percent chance you'll still be scheduled. And then you have to call and then they'll be like text someone to cover when really they should have known and scheduled the other people whom like you are getting 6-10 hours a week like you are after the holidays are over. If you do need someone to cover a shift in the week, they speak as if they're okay with it but when you call to tell them of the swap or cover they get annoyed with it which is pretty stupid. Where's the logic in that?

5. Co workers outside of management are alright. I have nothing bad to say about them.

I could go on forever...

haha I will say the discount is pretty nice. After you're done nickel and diming yourself to pay your bills or whatever from the little hours. Treat yourself (or wish very hard that the other job you're applying to you get before your discount expires haha) to 50% of regular price merchandise and 10% of sale items. You can also use their discount at the sister companies within Gap Inc. – less
Fast paced and difficult work enviornment
Brand Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXMay 30, 2015
I worked for Gap for 7 years, first as a sales associate and then as a manager and it wasn't always the best experience. I originally started in the Indiana market and then transferred to the Texas market. Being in Texas was a far better experience with the company than in Indiana. The staff was more friendly, the corporate team was way more hands on and the district ran like a well oiled machine. When I returned to Indiana to continue my work as a manager at one of their top stores, I was blackballed after only 6 months of being there. I wouldn't recommend this company for someone who is trying to establish a career in retail management.
Clean workplace good for parttime work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARMay 29, 2015
Working here was okay. Acceptable as a part time job for extra money. Some of the management was great, some was difficult to work with.
productive
Sr. Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
Face pace work environment.
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Groveport, OHMay 28, 2015
Pros: Work schedules
Cons: Working every weekend
A typical day at work involved walking the pick floor for 10 hrs. Picking orders for customer's and the store, as well as a processing customer returns, and refunding customer accounts. The hardest part of this job was keeping up with making production every month. The enjoyable part was the 3 day work schedule, and off for four days. I learned that customer satisfaction is very important to this company.
fun, responsible, well structured
sales (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: snacks, time off
Cons: none
overall, the management team cares a lot about the employees. there was problems with other employees and management stopped them and resolved them immediately. great company hands down
Working at the Gap has been very fun and enjoyable. The people there are extremely helpful and made me feel accepted immediately.
sales associate, covering all areas of the store (Current Employee), 00 Robinson Center Dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15205May 26, 2015
Fast paced and learned a lot.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dolphin MallMay 26, 2015
Pros: 45 minute breaks so you could recuperate.
Cons: No availability of food.
Typical day started at 1 in the morning with a very good supervisor who made sure you were up for the task ahead. It was a very fast paced job which i loved.
Mixed- great place to learn and grow
Operations Manager- Shipping and Resource Planning (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYMay 26, 2015
Great place to learn and increase skills. Small opportunity for advancement due to long tenure at the senior leadership level. Strong focus on ethics, culture and change management. All brands (old navy, banana republic, etc) do well except for Gap Brand, where a massive shift in culture and execution are needed after years of flat and declining sales. Management can be inconsistent across divisions and functions but given scale that is not surprising.
Over all great company.
Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAMay 25, 2015
Everyone for the most part is friendly. Gap employees make a great team but becomes like a family more than a team. The values of the company are great! How ever in some locations management dose not fully follow them.
Management was great.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CAMay 25, 2015
Working here was a great experience. I learned new systems and I met great people. Customers were sometimes difficult, but I learned how to deal with them appropriately.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Salaries