GAP Inc
2,066 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

Great Company
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Van Nuys, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: beenfits
Cons: workloads
Even though Gap Inc. is a great company that takes care of it's employees with great benefits, they are completely unorganized at times, and create unrealistic workload expectations and hold their employees accountable for not achieving them.
Great company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 31, 2015
Gap Inc. is an amazing company to work for, GAP truly cares about people, whether it's customers or employees or the community, GAP's people focus is everywhere you look.
A stressful workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Brea, CAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: low hours, low pay, no fairness
Working for GAP on a regular week you can only expect one to two shifts a week. There is no good pay when they make goals then you get instead of a three hour shift a four hour shift. the work is expected to be excellent but there is no excellent pay involved in working for the company. It isn't a company I would recommend to anybody.
Retail Me YES!!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. My managers and coworkers were friendly and lively which created a very peaceful and happy environment. Working as a sales associate within this company granted you the experience of more than one job duty. Your tasked changed daily and sometime multiple times within a day. This kept the workday interesting and it was never stagnant.
The team player role is one that is well played in this establishment. Everyone works together to keep the store tidy and organize. This store as an enjoyable place to work and shop at!
Great Company
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee), Bayside, NYMarch 30, 2015
No stress working at GAP Inc. Very professional and friendly environment. Lots of room to grow and excel. Enjoyed working with the coworkers I had.
Fun workplace
Sales associate; key holder (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDMarch 29, 2015
Pros: discount, great co-workers
Cons: pressure to get credit cards
Great co-workers and supportive management. the hardest part of the job was the constant pressure to obtain GAP cards; the most enjoyable part was the discount and the supporitve so-workers.
Fun upbeat job for starters
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lincoln City, ORMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Fun upbeat environment
Cons: short breaks, and managers miss understood
A typical work day would be clock in, be prep for the day by a manager. Go out onto the sales floor and complete your tasks. The management was nice, and so were the co-workers. The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to please everyone at once. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people and put a smile on their face. I learned from this job, that you can't always please everyone, and that customer service is always the key.
"Did you get the memo?"
Color Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn and gain experience of the retail business
Cons: Inexperienced managers
Great place to learn and gain experience of the retail industry. Typical day is busy. People work hard and love to keep things going. You live, learn and grow. New business partners are generally pleasant, the grandfathered employees tend to come off entitled and a bit presumptuous. Unfortunately, some inexperienced managers with poor communication and management skills. Good company benefits.
Recruiting Coordinator/Talent Acquisition
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Work/life balance, the recruiters and support team are awesome.
Cons: No support and accountability from micro-managing managers. High turnover.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and onboarding new hires. Managers are difficult to work with. It would help if they were proactive and base events on actual facts but it's easier to blame the coordinator without reason or context than to point the finger elsewhere.

It's a difficult job and you don't receive the credit you deserve. Often times I've felt unappreciated and the "why am I still here" feeling while working there. You'll have good days and very bad days. To me, the bad days outweighed the good. I felt like I was walking on eggshells with upper management. I realized there simply was no way to please them. If things weren't wrong, they would find something to nitpick. I did not feel supported by upper management.
Customer Experience Associate
Customer Experience Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 27, 2015
I've been an employee since July 2007 and overall It's been a great working experience! I've worked at Banana Republic and Gap. I definitely give it five STARS!
fast-pace work
Packer (Former Employee), Groveport, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: staff is very helpful
Cons: if your seasonal lay you off to quick
cool place love the hours work firstshift three days a week and had lots of overtime and co-workers were very friendly managment was their when you need them to be
overall friendly work environment
Part Time Stock Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at work can be pretty stressful. Management can sometimes be a little frustrating, but its a good company. the most enjoyable part of the job is when we have events at work.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMarch 27, 2015
The people are great and the customers are even better. The pay is decent for the work that is done on a regular basis. The hours could be better, but depends much on availability.
open friendly enviornment
At Home Agent (Former Employee), rocklin, caMarch 26, 2015
Pros: calm and relaxing enviornment
great atmosphere
creative incentive programs
advancement opportunities all the time
one on one personal customer experience once pass the initial training
Less Employees, More Hours
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mercedes, TXMarch 26, 2015
I loved working at the outlets unfortunately the hours aren't quite there, if you are planning on being a sales associate there and have to take care of a family you will be living paycheck to paycheck. They hire way too many people and the people that need the hours or have been there for a while don't always get the hours. It's a great job if you are full-time there or a student attending college that doesn't need many hours.
Would have been a great place to work if management didn't hate their job
Operations Associate (Former Employee), Miami Beach, FLMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Friendly co-workers, fairly easy job, great discount on clothes
Cons: Bad management attitude, had to pay for my own parking
Since it's retail, you're not guaranteed many hours a week, but hard work will get you noticed. The work wasn't too difficult and that people I worked with were great. The only real problem I had was managers that were competent, yet seemingly always in a bad mood. Their negative energy had an adverse effect on staff morale.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Woodbury, NYMarch 25, 2015
My average day would consist of me making sure the departments that I was in charge of were in good condition. They were ready to present to the customer. Making sure that the store was ready to open, counting the safe and making change for the 14 registers that we had up front.

I loved the team that I worked with they were a great support and a huge help in making me the great person that I am and being able to succeed as much as I did in the company.
Great Second Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 25, 2015
I've worked here to supplement some income while in school and full time job being slower or just need extra cash. Great company with some good managers. Shifts are short in a general sense, 4-5 hours normally.
good place to work if you like fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2015
Very high energy and fashion oriented. I just don't have the taste for what "in". Great company over all, I just wish I had a little more know as to what is in style.
Good Company but they expect a lot from you.
Management (Current Employee), HoustonMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great pay
Hardest part of the job is working with upper management.
Upper management are always asking for higher results.
Pay is good but I am not sure if it is worth all the work you have to do. On the plus side your day goes by fast

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Salaries