GAP Inc
1,997 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

Great company with great benefits
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company benefits
Cons: payroll
A great company to work for! They do whatever they can to make their employees happy. Lack of payroll can sometimes hurt business and work load.
Your co-workers make it worth coming to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bryant, ARFebruary 24, 2015
The store I worked in was fantastic. The managers were fun to work with, hours were flexible, and it's easy work. But it's bound to vary by location.
GAP, Inc is a great company to work for..
Image Consultant/ Senior Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: turnover in staffing
I have worked for this company for 20 years, and to my excitement there is always something new to learn and to be.

The most interesting part of working in retail is learning how to be patient with customers who have other needs besides adding to their wardrobe.

Daily challenges at this present time in our company is the change in family incomes and purchases of attire.

There is always something new to learn. I love that there is always opportunity to grow and to learn
Learned a lot
MERCHANDISE LEAD (Former Employee), miami flFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: easy to move up
Cons: health care only for full timers
Easy to move up in the company. Went from sales to a manager, everyone was very friendly and had a lot of fun. Learned all about merchandising, something that i would of had to pay and arm and a leg for in school. The other managers were willing to teach.
sales associate
Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 24, 2015
it was a good experience for a college student. not much fuss as long as you did what you need to. The hours are good during the holiday times but other time there is a struggle and its hard to make good money
Great but seasonal
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, snacks, lomg breaks, fun people.
Cons: standing long periods of time
Hardest part of this job was the standing other then that the people were great. The customers were also nice and always had a great attitude. Learned how to be a great cashier.
Best overall company I ever worked for.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: black friday
Each work day was different for me being that I was an Loss Protection. Trained new employees, anything safety related I covered, daily audits,and apprehend shoplifter just to name a few.My co-workers were all great and we made each work day enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was apprehending but it was also the best.
Great environment and place to work
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2015
this is a fun experience to work, easy tasks given at hand, management is very flexible and willing to work with you whether family or school needs.
The Gap
Senior General Manager, Gap (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Great company to work for.
You are expected to do more with less.
They give you all the tools needed to train and develop your team.
I guess not bad for high school students
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: poor management
No set hours, some employees might get 8 hours a week some times. Only positive is the employee discount which is 50%. Not bad for high schoolers needing disounts on clothes.
Great place to gain experience in retail with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deer Park, ILFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great environment and coworkers
Cons: short breaks
Co-workers were great to work with. Management was good as well, but a few bumps with the constant change of a new GM from year to year. Hardest part of the job unhappy customers disappointed in Gaps quality.
Great place to work.
HR Generalist/Employee Relations Consultant (Current Employee), Groveport, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Great work environment and culture. Everyone is very welcoming. Every day is different and exciting. I would highly recommend Gap to my family and friends.
Great workplace enviroment
Warehouse Associate -Applied (Former Employee), Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 18, 2015
Love working here. The discounts are amazing more companies show give back to employees like the gap. The coworkers and supervisors make it a great team environment.
neat and welcoming
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: distance
theres places that you can walk in and feel no type of welcoming feeling, but gap is the complete opposite. working and even shopping at gap puts you at ease and leaves a lasting impression once you walk out the door.
Fast Pace Environment
Lead Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: point system
Cons: low salary
A typical day is goings heads on with no exception. As a lead cashier you have to be very quick and alert. First thing is auditing drawers and knowing all of your products before going into the long run. To maintain success small tasks are essential at our store. Each customer is a sale and very important to our business. Credit card enrollment is beneficial to the company and as lead I have been known to have high sales in that department. It is very fast paced and every task is highly important to have a successful business for the day.
Great Place to Work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: discounts at gap, old navy and banana republic
Cons: not as many hours as i would like
I have worked as a part time sales associate for Gap for about 8 months now. I really enjoy the management staff, the product and the flexible scheduling.
productive workplace, informative and very productive and assisting with advancing career
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Times Square, New YorkFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great location
Cons: not enough hours
Loved this job. Fun place, busy great customers.Was able to advance career and constantly challenged to learn new tasks everyday. coworkers and managers believed in teamwork so everyone worked together and got the job done.
job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Merrick, NYFebruary 17, 2015
it was okay working there the only think I hated was that I only worked once to maybe twice a week. Therefore I wasn't seeing any more at all
Fast-paced, high energy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Petaluma, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: excellent training and great benefits
Cons: little time to get to know coworkers
Placed phone orders for multiple brands while maintaining superior customer service. Excellent training. Very supportive and helpful managers.
Productive Enviornment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Hanover, MDFebruary 17, 2015
Gap is a wonderful place to work. Our management and staff is young ad energetic and we strive to provide a quality shopping experience experince for each customer that enters our store.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Photos