GAP Inc
2,318 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

Gsap Inc.
Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, incentives, work environment Diverse workplace
Cons: assembly processes
I have been employed at Gap Inc for close to 7 years. Due to my employment at Gap Inc. I have been able to attain a Bachelor Degree (Business admin. IT), a Masters Degree (Human Resources), and as of 9/22/15 I will have accomplished my second Master Degree in Business Admin. concentration Operational Management. Through being employed at Gap I have taken the opportunity to take advantage of their tuition reimbursement program, which encourages their employees to expand in their education as well as their career ventures.
I love working for the gap
Assistant Manager, Customer (Current Employee), River Oaks, TXJuly 28, 2015
I wrok 8 hours a day lead the customer team to drive for restults
I have leared the ins and out of running a retail store
I have made life long friedns working with the Gap.
The hardest part of my job is going to be leaving
The most enjoyable part of my job is teh customers
productive workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee), Waterford, MIJuly 28, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: long hours
Productive workplace that was very goal-oriented and sales driven. High pressure to reach sales numbers weekly. Enjoyable atmosphere with fellow employees.
A good retail job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), ft.lauderdaleJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Discount
Cons: wekkend shifts
It's hard to complain about working at Gap. You just have to know what you are getting into. It is a retail job so expect to work nights, weekends, and holidays. Also expect more work than you might think. But the company is nice, and usually your coworkers are too, plus the discount is great.
OVER NIGHT
Over Night Stock Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
I LOVE THIS JOB BUT THE REASON FOR LEAVING WAS THAT I HAVE TO FINISH MY DEGREE AND NIGHT TIME WILL NOT BE GOOD FOR ME. THE TEAM THEIR REALLY LOVE THEIR STAFF, OVERNIGHT WAS SO NICE AND SMOOTH I WOULD RECOMMENDED ANY ONE
typical day at work
stock/sales (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJuly 27, 2015
Gap still needs alots of help with training, replenishments, manager swearing to employees and serving customer with no respect is a no no.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Long Days, Endless Nights
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Selden, NYJuly 26, 2015
Non-stop folding
Unhappy Customers
Non-visible Upper Management (ASM/SM)
Fitting room is a Nightmare, and I've known some associates that will call out just because they don't want to be stuck in there for hours.

However, my experience is from 8 years ago and processes and procedures may have changed since then.
Gap review
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 25, 2015
Good company to work for. Visual merchandising was the focus and what I learned most from my 6 years with the company. It was also my most enjoyable part along with the customer service level provided.
Good job for pay your bills, not for future plans
Customer service, cash handling (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Open communications, you can talk with manager easy.
Cons: Little hours per week on part time.
Fast and busy environment but relaxed.
to many people from another country's, most the time it's good.
Great discount on merchandise.
Associate Manager
Associate Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great Partnerships
Cons: Job security
Working for Gap Inc in the outlet division provided a very busy environment. The stores I worked in made 11-14 million a year. I learned many valuable tools while working there. I was the Operations Manager for the store. I was in charge of hiring, training, scheduling, auditing, payroll, and maintain all legal and company standards. I managed 3 managers below me along with 30-100 employees depending on the season. I was a strong resource for the district and would partner up with fellow managers and stores to provide support. Unfortunately job security became a problem. With retail there is always cut backs. My position was eliminated within my current store. After receiving this information I was fortunate that upper management came together and worked in getting me into another location within the company.
fun workplace with great people
SALES ASSOCIATE/COMMUNITY EVENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), lake elsinoreJuly 22, 2015
Pros: great people, great cusomers
Cons: shifts get cut a lot
i learned a lot of customer service. i did enjoy this job a lot. the days were long but enjoyable, your shifts did get cut a lot though.
not a steady job
sales associate (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 22, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no guaranteed hours, micromanagement
If you are not a manager you will only work part time. You will only work about 4 hours each shift. In the beginning you will get okay hours but eventually you will start working once a week if at all. They play favorites so if you are not extra jolly at all times and screaming at the customers/ annoying them, you probably wont be on the schedule much. Expect to be micromanaged and bugged the entire time you're working. Not a company I would want to work for long term.
Large company with inherent strengths and weaknesses
Director IT (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2015
This company like many is full of potential, accomplishments, and the inherent strengths and weaknesses that can both benefit and plague a very large organization. The technology department has had some major successes but also has had difficulties with frequent reorganizations and high turnover.
Very excepting and understanding under any curcumstances
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Watchung NJJuly 22, 2015
Coming to Gap, I instantly felt welcomed and at home, helping me with anything I wasn't sure of. They were understanding when mistakes were made and gave pointers on how to improve. They keep a very positive atmosphere for workers and customers.The hardest part of the day is always remaining calm when dealing with a difficult customer, but even during that moment a team member will come to rescue and teach their methods of dealing with them. Everyday is a learning experience and you never do it alone. Gap is a wonderful work environment for anyone.
Fun, high volume workplace
Sales Associate/Acting Manager (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at Gap includes working the cash registers, helping customers find the items they are looking for and making sure we have an assortment of sizes on the sales floor to help the customer get what they want. I started at Gap, Inc when I was in high school and have learned so much about the retail industry since then. I have been promoted to Acting Manager and, therefore, learned even more of the ins and outs of the retail industry. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the customers needs but the most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy.
N/a
Trained and lead team members (Current Employee), lafayette louisianaJuly 20, 2015
Really enjoyed working for the company been with them for a while. Benefits our great and discounts are helpful which allows to develop wardrobe for business
A typical clothing store retail expirence
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2015
This was your typical entry level sales position. Not much to it but to be tidy, quick and professional. Overall the co workers are what made this job bearable.
Nice place
sales associate (Former Employee), manhattan, ksJuly 20, 2015
Love the order in the store but I worked in a college town so managers took favor over their friends in terms of moving up in the company.
A job where you can be YOU!!
Customer Experience Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
The music is lively. The management cares deeply about the staff. Growth potential is unlimited. The customers are super fun and the employees keep you coming back to work. Overall it's a fun atmosphere.
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Maintenance (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: PT hours
Great co-workers, hard work, management team extremely supportive. Great benefits pretending to store discounts. Open just about 24 hours a day.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Salaries