GAP Inc

2.4K reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

Fun place to work if you are willing to learn and work
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee), Mount Kisco, NYAugust 31, 2015
Pros: fun, employee discounts, company events
Cons: short breaks, hours are low at times
Gap is a great company to work for when you're young and not looking for anything too serious. Management is strict but only because there is so much expectation from the higher ups. Co-workers ranged in age but they all managed to find a common bond amongst each other. The company provide us with bonuses or rewards based on our monthly performances. Something somewhat surprising to me at least was that our location took part in various different fund raisers and events to provide to our community.
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Traverse City, MIAugust 30, 2015
Worked as a typically Sales Associate within the company. I enjoyed every single day I worked. I enjoyed all of the upper management and my co-workers. We always had fun.
Great company.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Corte Madera, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Leadership, Visibility, Brand Pride.
Cons: Recent financial climate has made it difficult for growth.
Adore the company. Great leadership teams who are fully engaged in their roles. Collaborative work environment with a tremendous amount of variety from day to day. Interaction with all levels of senior management and consistently pushed to step outside of comfort zone.
Good company to work for, really fun place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Groveport, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short breaks
My work day is very good overall, always doing something different, the job never gets boring. I've learned about how a big retail company distributes its merchandise in a functional manner. Learned how to operate different machinery and scanning items. Management is good I enjoy working for my managers, it is a very fun environment. The hardest part of the job is the hours that I work. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers.
great place to start your career
Associate Merchandise Processor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for
Cons: none
i enjoyed working with this company. learned a lot of important scales to began my field. I love working for this company because you do something different every day.
Productive and interactive work place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), San MarcosAugust 27, 2015
Greet and assist customers in finding different styles and sizes of clothing. Promoting company credit card and other promotions going on in-store. Maintaining a clean and neat work environment for the shopping convenience of the customers. I learned great communication and customer service skills with greeting and assisting customers with anything they needed. I enhanced my team work skills by working with a diverse group of colleagues. With over 100 employees, we worked together to find solutions to a variety of problems. Management was great, assisting employees in every way they could and making the working environment as fun and productive as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming in to help customers in any way possible to make their shopping experience enjoyable and convenient.
A good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
While I did not stay with the company for very long, the things I learned and the pace at which I learned them were perfect for me considering it was my first "real" job.
Very exciting and enjoyable
Recovery Specialst (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 26, 2015
Working at Gap was fun. We had a great team and always worked well together, Being able to work with different customers from all over the world was awesome learning of the different types of languages and money was fun.
Great people great company
Technical Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great culture, work life balance, flexible work schedule
Gap Inc provides you with a lot of flexibility and autonomy to work on a variety of job functions. The culture fosters team work and collaboration and leaders are not afraid to fail before success.
fun work enviorment
Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
I learned a lot at this company but as of growing that is a little difficult due to the fact the managers I worked with didn't really acknowledge my hard work and efforts
fun place to work
Clothing Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAAugust 25, 2015
It was overall a great experience. Learned some good helpful things that i can apply to a better job and really helped me grasp the customer service aspect.
Nice place for your first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wrentham, MAAugust 24, 2015
Nice place to work for your first job. Same routine. Not many opportunities to advance in the company but I still enjoyed working for this company , everyone gets along.
Nice place to work
Pricing Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 24, 2015
Very comfortable place to work with caring managers willing to help you advance in your career. Awesome place for college students looking into fashion degrees. You will get what you get out of it
fun place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 24, 2015
It was a fun place to work , we all made sure to work as a team and love to help all customers.Disliked the fact that i was only given little bit of hours to work.
great place to work
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee), Grove City, OhioAugust 24, 2015
Learning about taking fraud calls of online orders
Called the credit card company to verify that the name on the card belongs to the customer that placed the order
Talked to many different people from all over the world
Good place to work, not so many hours
Sales Associate, Stock Specialist (Former Employee), Bay TerraceAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Good Enviroment
Cons: Low hours
The Gap is a good job. They only gave me 4 hour shifts for the most part. I would only get about 12 hours a week so i quit. The customers would be annoying at times. The managers were okay and polite
Regular Day at Work
Lead Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee), Greenville, SCAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: short staffed
For a regular day at work, I would either open, have a mid-day shift, or close. I would open with one other associate and later more staff would come in. My jobs is based off the back room where I'm responsible for shipment, damages, transfers, sensors, and the back room shelves. I usually replenish the floor daily to ensure we have the product out and the correct sizes. My co-workers are very nice and they have a good vibe coming from them. The hardest part of my job would be conquering shipment by myself when I don't have any help, especially when it's timed. The most enjoyable part of my job is personally connecting with customers to assist them in find the perfect jean, shirt, dress, or anything they may need, showing them to a fitting room and following up with them to see if they may need additional sizes or just to see if they like the fit, and also ringing them up and asking how was their experience overall.
Not the ideal job
Sales Assosiate (Current Employee), Flowood, MSAugust 21, 2015
I don't recommend this job. First off, it took a month to get me put in the employee database. Only four hours of training is allowed for a new employee. I've never worked retail, so I don't know what I'm doing. My two training shifts were 2 weeks apart so about the time of my second training shift I forgot everything from the last shift. The 3 months I've been at Gap I've only been scheduled to work maybe 7 times. I had 3 weeks in a row of not being scheduled, then 2 weeks of 1 shift a week, then again 3 weeks without being scheduled.
productive and fun
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), New York, New YorkAugust 21, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: long hours
great environment. energetic, young and a bit harried but there's a "we're all in this together attitude" so it works! I've made lifelong friends at GAP.
Typical warehouse environment; lively, but hard working supervisors.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Groveport, OHAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Casual environment that allowed you to leave voluntarily if the work load was extremely light.
Cons: The attitudes of some upper management
A typical day consisted of general warehouse duties such as picking and packing out going orders, helping with special projects for "pop up" stores, and assisting with inventory control duties. The environment was a clean warehouse setting working with hundreds of other associates, but still able to make acquaintances while meeting production requirements. The hardest part of the job was walking the four floors of stairs on certain days, and the most enjoyable part was down time which allowed casual interaction with the supervisor or new employees.