GAP Inc
2,271 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

Very nice work place with lots of opportunities of advancement.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot of the fashion industry.
Cons: Very busy at times and it was great.
Great work place to work for, very nice people great co-workers and great management. Good environment and the most fun place I have work in.
Excellent work enviroment.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Saw Grass Mills City of Sunrise, FLJuly 4, 2015
Pros: We always work as a team with the shift supervisor.
Cons: I have to work far from my house
The supervisor assigns my position in the store. Sometimes it is as a cashier and other recovering the goods and assisting clients.

As a part-time job I have a break of 15 minutes. After the store closes merhandise must put in place.
Sales associate (Former Employee), San leandro CAJuly 4, 2015
my worked day consisted of top organization and helping customers with merchandise. Coworkers were very welcoming. I believe it was fairly easy. As long as you make sure that your area is neat, clean, and you have the best attitude towards your customers, then everything runs pretty smoothly here.You work with a high volume of customers but you have your coworkers there to help you out. You have to be able to work well and efficiently in teams.
no communication
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 4, 2015
They only talk to certain employees. management horrible had three different ones. no time really given. coworkers thought they were above each other. most enjoyable part was break time
Break Room
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Clarksville, TNJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Short Breaks
Gap is a good company to work for, they actually care about their associates and store managers. Also getting to know the company and the history behind it all is very interesting.
Productive & Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fairlawn, OhioJuly 2, 2015
Great place to work, co-workers and management are very friendly and willing to work with the employees. Great retail experience.
warehouse fast paced
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: Long hours
Fast paced warehouse. Nice place to work. Good employees. Normal day is getting workload complete to deliver to stores.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 2, 2015
I had a good experience working at GAP it gave me more customer service skills and I gained job experience. I wish I could have stayed longer the work was only seasonal. I also learned to be more patient and that the customer always comes first.
Great company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 1, 2015
Gap despite its recent choice to close over 140 stores is truly a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefits and compensation. They care about their employees.
Fair and enjoyable work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great discounts, respectful work environment
Cons: Some difficulty getting hours
A typical day at work involved working with a pleasant management and fellow sales associate team. Everyone was willing to help each other out, and employees were receptive to any constructive criticism that might have been received. I learned the importance of maintaining a positive attitude, and truly began to understand the importance of "killing someone with kindness" when it comes to difficult customers. The hardest part of the job was when customers would insist on something that the store could not accommodate for. The most enjoyable part was getting to work for a respectful company that strove to produce great products, provide accessible deals for their customers, and treated their employees with the utmost respect.
WalMart
General Manager (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 29, 2015
Pros: I can't think of any other than many locations.
Cons: Discount is only 10%. Health insurance doesn't cover much. Management needs training.
Wal Mart has very many pros and cons. The pay for leaders starts off pretty decent but varies between lower levels. I started out in college and worked my up through the organization quickly. I received many merit raises and then the company went to once a year only and an off cycle merit increase was an act of congress. There were many other managers who did not have great people skills and did not take accountability for their actions. They were not trained well to leader people and to motivate them to strive for the best. The company lacks motivational training and encouragement. They also fly by the seat of there pants managing and don't really look into issues before they handle them. I have seen many people scolded for things that could have been handled better or researched for the proper solution.
Disaster Recovery -Business Analyst
Disaster Recovery Specialist - Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great bonus structure, great managers
Cons: I was on call constantly. Very long hours.
I loved working for the GAP. I worked there for eight years. I had the pleasure of working with some really good managers, directors and coworkers. No micro management. I was able to work from home as long as I got my job done. I had managers and directors that believed in my abilities, they new if my systems went down I would make sure they were fixed as quickly as possible and I would see it through until it was done.
Great Culture
Sales and Use Tax Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2015
Great company culture and fun people to work with. This company is always looking for ways to improve and help its employees.
Laid Back
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las VegasJune 28, 2015
Pros: Friendley work place
Cons: Not alot of hours
Typical day for me lasted about 3 hours, I was a cleaner for the store and also did a few other duties, stocking, hanging , folding., Employess were friendly, assit mangers were friendly.But never got alot of hours in
Decent DC Experience
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: No breaks for management... every day is a working lunch
4 weeks of PTO and 6 holidays definitely make it a better than average place to work. Management is good depending on which building you work in (DC). Work life balance is good for supervisors but you will work your tail off during peak season and every day is max OT for four weeks or more during this time. Benefits are acceptable. ESPP is nice but 401k match is less than previous employers have offered. There is a lot of great people here.
Alright Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 27, 2015
Hours are short and when you do get a long shift its usually overnight. Everyone keeps to themselves pretty much so there isn't much friendship going on.
Very by the book yet offer a very welcoming working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 24, 2015
Pros: 40% off of clothing, Point system to earn electronics
Cons: No health benefits, short breaks
A typical day at work was very task oriented, everything and everyone had to operate as a cohesive unit. I learned the ins and outs of sales, how to interact with customers, respecting and helping customers, money management and advertising. My co-workers were very helpful and were more then willing to show me how to properly perform certain tasks. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that all the money was accounted for and that everything was organized properly for sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer get what they were looking for, which ensured that I did my job correctly.
there have been better
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJune 23, 2015
easy work. never expected to be there as long as I have. management started out well, until favoritism came into play...
Seasonal work. Demanding. Good supervisors and peers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYJune 21, 2015
I liked the company. Though it was a very physically demanding job, I found the Gap to be a good place to work. It was difficult to move from seasonal to permanent employment.
Productive and fun work place
Maufactory (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJune 21, 2015
Physically fit warehouse picker and packer with experience in all aspects of inventory, packaging and shipping operations. Albe to stand for entire shift and lift up to 75 pounds. Good special awareness and basic mathematical abilities.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Salaries