GAP Inc
1,774 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

Company expects a lot from employees with no support
Operations Manager (Current Employee), ILOctober 23, 2014
Company cuts allowed payroll and expects more and more from managers while no support is given. PTO given is awesome and pay is good but working environment is poor.
Productive and fun work place.
Logistics (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great environment, flexible schedule, and great people.
Cons: low pay
Typically I would go in and help unload boxes with new merchandise. Then I would help put the merchandise around the store. I learned how the shipping and receiving department worked. Management was nice and the coworkers were great. The hardest part of the job was convincing people to sign up for credit cards. The most enjoyable part of the job was – more... working with great people. – less
Retail at it's finest
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2014
Very classy and fast paced environment. Very pristine. Management is wonderful and always ready to work with you.
very productive work environment with very intelligent people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Commerce, CAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: contests when we're busy, makes the work place fun.
Cons: no benefits or anything of that sort.
On weekends it gets a little hectic but usually becomes a very productive day, always make our sales goals on weekend, co-workers always work together to give and provide the best customer service to our customers. To top it all off my managers are the greatest they are the ones that make it all possible at the end.The hardest part would be the amount – more... of customers i have to deal with all at once but i always manage to help every single one out. we all work together to get the best and make the best for both the company and our customers. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Executive Assistant (covered MLOA) (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2014
Typical day supporting a SVP & Team with day to day logistics and operational needs, calendar work, conference rooms planning, scheduling travel and completing expenses.

I've gained a great depth of knowledge of International Franchise markets

My coworkers are talented and hard working individuals with a great respect for their teams.

The hardest – more... part of my job is juggling International complex multi segment meetings with technology needs that support both video to video as well as links for remote partners to participate and as we are a global team with partners all over the world. Travel would be monthly to include itineraries multiple country visits and visa and passport compliance.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with as they are talented at what they do and have a passion for their work. It is a pleasure to work with dedicated people. – less
Fun upbeat sales enivronemnt
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 21, 2014
Many fun people to work with created an upbeat sales environment.
A typical day at Gap
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston TXOctober 21, 2014
A typical day at work is enjoyable, i'm helpful and courteous to every customer entering the place of business. A leader to my peers and a leader to employees.
I learn that everyone doesn't have great days but its my job to attempt to make them better. Also that the customer is always right.
My co-workers enjoy my company and together we work accordingly – more... to get our job done efficiently.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with a variety of people and not being able to meet EVERYONE'S satisfactions, some you just can not please no matter how hard you try.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to satisfy the needs of another, working with others, accomplishing, and meeting new people. – less
get what you give
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), ny, nyOctober 21, 2014
Pros: roomt o grow
Cons: crazy during the holidays
This job is definitely a place where you can grow, you get out of it the work you put into it
Fun place to work. Family value and fun for all
Customer Service/Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2014
Pros: friendly work enviorement, co-workers
Cons: no promotions, bad schedule, low woking hours.
Gap Inc. is a very good company to work for. They provide great service and price value for the whole family with their weekly sales and promotions. Fun place to work. My co-workers made the job enjoyable every day. Team work is a MOST. Management At the beginning was great, very on point and hands on with every day situations but thru the years has – more... been lacking due to company structure and promoting to others stores and not giving employees opportunity for growth. they rather transfer someone new to take over the spot or hire outside the company which end up by us training them to do the job.the best was working with my team, every day we had a task to do and we knew how o do it on time and also help the store on the busiest hours of the day by providing customers service and cashier services. The worst part was the hours and scheduling. Because of the company adjusting hours, we were schedule 30 hrs. or less, lose company benefits because of it or force employees to open their availability to keep the company benefits. – less
Old Navy
Manager (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAOctober 20, 2014
Great benefits and compensation, worked quickly up the ranks and was developed. Managers take pride in their employees and develop and train them to move up in the company. Must have flexible schedule, it can change with a moments notice.
fast-pace work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), orlando,flOctober 19, 2014
In the past few months i've learned a lot. My recovery skills are amazing and i can multi-task like never before. I also learned the importance of customer service and the strength of confidence behind a sales pitch. The management isn't the best but they are working to get better. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the unruly customers.
Hectic schedule but some fun at work
Operations Associate (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: fun music played, fun culture
Cons: lacking regularity, poor scheduling, not a living wage.
My work hours were all over the place. I would open, or close or work overnight. I was usually exhausted and so was everyone else. They would schedule you to close at 11pm and open at 6 am the next morning. Their culture was that if they gave you 8 hours from the time you clock out the night before, that was good. That is not enough time to sleep and – more... have time away from work. Gap is very lacking on work life balance.
There was also a noticeable scheduling of feast or famine. One week is working an incredible amount and the next week I was scheduled 4 hours. How do you pay rent working 4 hours?
Management was friendly helpful, supportive, engaging. It was a very physical job. I was usually exhausted after work.
I did enjoy working with a large group of people from different places and all the culture.
They didn't pay very well, not enough to thrive in San Francisco. – less
Good Student option
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 17, 2014
Would still work here if it hadnt gone out of business. Great company, flexible, just great !
OK place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: work can get pretty crazy with all the last minute promo changes.
I love my fellow co workers they are all very hard working people. The company is a good company but they require a lot from you.
Love the products sold and goals throughout the company.
sales associate (Current Employee), Hazelwood, MOOctober 15, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: no internal growth
I really enjoy working for Gap, the coworkers and company are great. I dislike their lack of internal growth opportunities for employees.
Very diverse company with good discount
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grove City, OHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, great discount, good for seasonal job
Cons: too far away from home
A typical day would being taking inbound calls from customers about orders. I learned how to make decisions with out the assistance from a supervisor or manager. Nothing was hard about the job very enjoyable.
great company
Associate Store Manager (Current Employee), Simpsonville, KYOctober 15, 2014
great company to work for, have been with company for 6 years
Great workplace
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Marcos TxOctober 15, 2014
I would back stock a lot of items, Scan, mark-downs
This was my first retail job. I learned how to be efficient,
I only worked with one manager and he taught me and the
team a lot in the time frame he had which is impressive to me.
I like working with the team that I had because they were really
easy to communicate with.
Its good
Sr UNIX, PL/SQL support and developer (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2014
Its all good. We had a wonderful and hard
work in this company
Good Co-workers, nice place to work.
Business Analyst /Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
It was great experience to Working in GAP Inc, Its a fortune 500 client, with great experienced employees, I learned so many day to day work experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Photos