GAP Inc
2,261 reviews

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 1, 2015
Gap despite its recent choice to close over 140 stores is truly a great company to work for. They provide excellent benefits and compensation. They care about their employees.
Fair and enjoyable work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great discounts, respectful work environment
Cons: Some difficulty getting hours
A typical day at work involved working with a pleasant management and fellow sales associate team. Everyone was willing to help each other out, and employees were receptive to any constructive criticism that might have been received. I learned the importance of maintaining a positive attitude, and truly began to understand the importance of "killing someone with kindness" when it comes to difficult customers. The hardest part of the job was when customers would insist on something that the store could not accommodate for. The most enjoyable part was getting to work for a respectful company that strove to produce great products, provide accessible deals for their customers, and treated their employees with the utmost respect.
WalMart
General Manager (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARJune 29, 2015
Pros: I can't think of any other than many locations.
Cons: Discount is only 10%. Health insurance doesn't cover much. Management needs training.
Wal Mart has very many pros and cons. The pay for leaders starts off pretty decent but varies between lower levels. I started out in college and worked my up through the organization quickly. I received many merit raises and then the company went to once a year only and an off cycle merit increase was an act of congress. There were many other managers who did not have great people skills and did not take accountability for their actions. They were not trained well to leader people and to motivate them to strive for the best. The company lacks motivational training and encouragement. They also fly by the seat of there pants managing and don't really look into issues before they handle them. I have seen many people scolded for things that could have been handled better or researched for the proper solution.
Disaster Recovery -Business Analyst
Disaster Recovery Specialist - Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great bonus structure, great managers
Cons: I was on call constantly. Very long hours.
I loved working for the GAP. I worked there for eight years. I had the pleasure of working with some really good managers, directors and coworkers. No micro management. I was able to work from home as long as I got my job done. I had managers and directors that believed in my abilities, they new if my systems went down I would make sure they were fixed as quickly as possible and I would see it through until it was done.
Great Culture
Sales and Use Tax Accountant/Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2015
Great company culture and fun people to work with. This company is always looking for ways to improve and help its employees.
Laid Back
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las VegasJune 28, 2015
Pros: Friendley work place
Cons: Not alot of hours
Typical day for me lasted about 3 hours, I was a cleaner for the store and also did a few other duties, stocking, hanging , folding., Employess were friendly, assit mangers were friendly.But never got alot of hours in
Decent DC Experience
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYJune 27, 2015
Pros: PTO
Cons: No breaks for management... every day is a working lunch
4 weeks of PTO and 6 holidays definitely make it a better than average place to work. Management is good depending on which building you work in (DC). Work life balance is good for supervisors but you will work your tail off during peak season and every day is max OT for four weeks or more during this time. Benefits are acceptable. ESPP is nice but 401k match is less than previous employers have offered. There is a lot of great people here.
Alright Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ontario, CAJune 27, 2015
Hours are short and when you do get a long shift its usually overnight. Everyone keeps to themselves pretty much so there isn't much friendship going on.
Very by the book yet offer a very welcoming working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJune 24, 2015
Pros: 40% off of clothing, Point system to earn electronics
Cons: No health benefits, short breaks
A typical day at work was very task oriented, everything and everyone had to operate as a cohesive unit. I learned the ins and outs of sales, how to interact with customers, respecting and helping customers, money management and advertising. My co-workers were very helpful and were more then willing to show me how to properly perform certain tasks. The hardest part of the job was ensuring that all the money was accounted for and that everything was organized properly for sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customer get what they were looking for, which ensured that I did my job correctly.
there have been better
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Cabazon, CAJune 23, 2015
easy work. never expected to be there as long as I have. management started out well, until favoritism came into play...
Seasonal work. Demanding. Good supervisors and peers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYJune 21, 2015
I liked the company. Though it was a very physically demanding job, I found the Gap to be a good place to work. It was difficult to move from seasonal to permanent employment.
Productive and fun work place
Maufactory (Current Employee), Groveport, OHJune 21, 2015
Physically fit warehouse picker and packer with experience in all aspects of inventory, packaging and shipping operations. Albe to stand for entire shift and lift up to 75 pounds. Good special awareness and basic mathematical abilities.
Awesome work environment
Global Marketing Operations (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 20, 2015
Pros: Awesome view from the office, working beside such a creative team, company hangouts.
Cons: The company overall is doing poorly at this time.
Gap really challenges you to think outside of the box and to be as creative as you can. You'll mostly be working amongst other creative, hard working individuals. The team communicated effectively on the daily from feed back, to general help, to decline completion. I would truly recommend working for Gap corp.
store management was awful
Associate (Former Employee), Watertown, New YorkJune 19, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: terrible pay
co-workers were great, some of the management could have been better. Most enjoyable part was focusing on and making the customers happy. Least enjoyable was getting yelled at by management if we didn't make our daily sales or credit card goals
Slow paced store, not many hours
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 19, 2015
As assistant manager, I learned to operate all aspects of the store, from managing schedules, to inventory, to cash wrap and even payroll. The hardest part was making sure all employees, including myself, had enough hours to accumulate decent pay.
Sales was alot of fun. We sold alot during the holidays.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 18, 2015
We sold a lot and had a lot of happy customers. I met some very important people one actually wrote to my CEO and told him I had a natural gift for sales. I still have the email.
Productive place with simple work for good pay
Packer (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: good pay, paid weekly. friendly company
Cons: long hours, constant standing
Worked 10 hour shifts from 5pm to 3am. I learned how to pick and pack for the first time and other basic work skills. Management were professional and friendly and I never had problems with them. Co-workers stayed in their own station so there was not much socializing or working with others. The long hours and constant standing were probably the hardest part of the job but it was no big deal. The different clothing I would see kept things fresh over the long shift.
i enjoyed work at the gap
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), Groveport, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: long hours
I enjoyed working at the gap. Everyone is friendly no problems. The boss are also friendly , kind and understanding. And I enjoyed working alone.
Customer Relations Supervisor, CMS Supervisor
Operations Supervisor / Avaya CMS Supervisor (Former Employee), Grove City, OHJune 17, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, close to home
I started at Gap Inc Direct just taking calls for the customer relations department, and quickly ascended to team lead and then supervisor. I then transferred to the technology side of the company as I had a proficiency in that field. As a CMS supervisor I was responsible for Avaya reporting, and all agent skilling company wide among 2 sites.
maintenance department old navy side
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), old navy sideJune 16, 2015
Pros: poor supervisor, no structure
Cons: production people are friendly
i do not recommend to my fellow maintenance men. the supervisor does not know much , he's young out of college but he thinks he knows everything. the lead is worried about getting replaced and is not very helpful, in fact is the exact opposite. production management is good very friendly and so is HR but i do not recommend maintenance on the old navy side.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Salaries