GAP Inc

GAP Inc Employee Reviews

Found 2,328 reviews matching the search
Terrible place to work
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Nassau County, NYFebruary 6, 2016
Was a Department Manager at a high volume location. This job was portrayed much differently then what it was. First off I was hired within a week so I should have known something was up. No help from anyone was told that I would be working with a team of ppl in my department not true. This position is more of manual labor. Associate are entitled and lazy and all have a nasty attitude.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Everything... Management always changed, hours, never felt appreciated, and high GM and ASM turnover.
Great people to work with.
Leadership / CES Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94105February 5, 2016
Great place to learn customer service skills. You deal with a variety of people daily and must deal with many personalities. My co-workers are fantastic to work with !!!
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Nasty customers
Great job
Cashier and Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Great team to work alongside with. Awesome disocunt of 50% off of all new clothing items and additional 10% off of sales.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
Rarely rude customers
Great job place
Acting General Manager (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJFebruary 4, 2016
Great job to build a career. They are all about developing their people and have a great track record of training and development. They have great vacation benefits as well.
Love it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victor, NYFebruary 4, 2016
Great job would job again! I love the staff we are all a big family and they always are there for me. It's truly a great experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Great Workplace and Employees
Visual Team, Women's Styling (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Go over concepts for "Shops" and Windows then pull looks for mannequins. Dress out looks and have Visual Manager approve or adjust.

Learned about moving through looks quickly, working together with visual team on concepts.

Manager was easy to work with and easy to communicate with.

Loved all the co-workers, every one very nice and supportive.

Hardest part was getting on same page as many other people

Enjoyed styling looks and working with Visual Manager
part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 3, 2016
I had this as a part time job and it was okay. Good pay for retail but the hours you get depend on if the store is making money. Therefore i did not receive a lot of hours. Great discount though.
Step outside your box
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 3, 2016
You have to learn to roll with the punches, work with your employee, respect, and enjoy what you do, Management needs to understand some situations especially when they come from a different store. Or out of the military life.
Pros
discount
Gap summary
Loss Prevention Agent (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
I have been working at gap inc for the past five years. i started as a sales associate and worked my way up to be a loss prevention agent. i have learned and grown with the company. This company has helped me improve on my customer service skills.
not bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2016
positive work environment with friendly and encouraging management and co-workers. Fair pay. Fair amount of recognition for successes. Multiple team building activities. Employee oriented.
Pros
fun
Cons
local store closed
great place to work, pay is pretty good, and benefits are really good!!!!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXJanuary 31, 2016
Overall a great place to work, you get to hire train and develop associates. Forecast weekly goals prep store every morning merchandise different departments. I learned the different between a Boss and a Leader. My Manager was the definition of a Boss.... He set unreal expectations for the staff without clearly leading his team in completing them, then would throw fits if things weren't exactly his way. My Co-workers were pretty good besides the lack of communication at times. The Hardest part of my job is working with team members that don't work with the same passion as you at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with people and hire great people and develop young talent.
Pros
Great medical benefits, 4 weeks PTO
Cons
Training flaws, management, workload is sometime overwhelming.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJanuary 31, 2016
Enjoyed the people I worked with. It was enjoyable to work with the customers and also help set the store up for new items.
Email Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJanuary 30, 2016
ok place to work, staff was ok, employees were good to work with. Hours were good. had an exercise spot in the workplace. You are able to work early morning or later in the day and they have part time and full time employment.
fast paced environment
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 29, 2016
There is always something to do in the stores. No downtime but often not enough time to complete tasks as needed. Closing shifts are not reliable. You stay in the store until you're finished which could be well after you're scheduled to go home.
Great project
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 29, 2016
Lots of fashion style oriented dressing manikins fixing displays up sell name brand self starter but excellent management good instructions. Clear goels
Business like butl. fun
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTJanuary 28, 2016
Usually 5 am or 6 am. Always checking pricing ,promotional sales and marketing.Responsible for sign printing and proper placement.Also ordering of Marketing and communicating with Corporate in San Francisco..Always enjoyed training new employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Black Friday
a great company to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 26, 2016
gap inc is a great company to work for , management is very understanding to your scheduling needs. the benefits are awesome
benefits
Cons
not enough hrs given
good setting
Sales Associate and customer service (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJanuary 26, 2016
met some really cool people and very good place to work in the managers were very cool as well and help us out as much as they can with any type of job we were doing
Pros
wed day pizza days
good overall
Manager and Senior Web Content Developer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2016
great team. great managers. great opportunities to grow and advance. however the products were not selling which lead to more stressful, angry environment.
Gap review
Cashier and customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 25, 2016
Great company to work for. I really love all my co-workers and the entire Gap family. A typical day at Gap is dealing with customers who are in a hurry and fixing the hot mess they leave behind, whether it be the clothes they leave on the floor or the food they forget about.The hardest part about this job is not being able to buy all of the clothes they have. Not to mention the rude customers who get upset about the music being too loud. My favorite part of the job is helping people put outfits together based on their needs and events. Working at Gap has taught me a lot these past few months but the best lesson I have learned working there is that patience is key along with kindness. Being kind and patient will get you anywhere.