GAP Inc
2,010 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

It was a good experience working at GAP INC.
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Bolton ONMarch 3, 2015
Packing, picking, receiving and returns. I learnt to cooperate and especially working with team that is too simple for me now.
Great retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
GAP offers great retail and customer service experience. Additionally, the company has many benefits for its team members.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pros: working in retail, meeting customers
Cons: healthcare
customer service
sold gap credit cards
management was awesome, great co-workers
most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers find outfits
Visuals Designer
Visuals Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 2, 2015
Typical day includes reviewing documents sent from corporate office and executing visual merchandising. Responsibilities include windows, product placement and mannequin design.
Retail is crazy
Operations Finance Manager (Former Employee), san francisco, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: young, vibrant, energetic, empowering, great cafeteria, office located on the embarcadero
Cons: frantic, crazy director level employees sometimes, young leaders without maturity but high on intelligence
even if you are not in a merchandising/inventory management or store ops position the reactive nature of the business permeates the entire business. This can be stressful and fun. The atmosphere is more young, dynamic and creative. People are smart and not serious. The pace is fast. Growth is a given.

Some people at Gap have been there 20+ years and have grown into heavy weights in areas they didn't start out in. with retail, web and multiple brands, there are quite a few career avenues and growth opportunities.
Upbeat environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Onalaska, WIMarch 1, 2015
Happy smiley faces.
The work is enjoyable and offers a feeling of accomplishment.
Entire team is driven and focused.
Customers are loyal and happy.
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: 50% regular priced mrechandise. +10% off sale.
Cons: see initial review.
I had the displeasure of working here for a year. Training is non-existent. Management doesn't believe in you when it comes to training and learning new tasks. Communication between employees & management is null. You feel racist when catching shop-lifters, not to mention you cant even call the police on any of them. They schedule you as an "on-call" where you call two hours ahead to see if they actually need you. They hire way too many people. I will never understand how anyone could ever advance in this job into management with the amount of hours they schedule you. I once went a whole month without working; thankfully I got a second job around that time. Very scandalous work environment with catty co-workers. I was afraid to ask questions for fear of someone thinking I was incapable of doing certain tasks and directly affecting the already-non-existent hours I was getting. You have to take a 15 minute break for every 3 or 4 hours you work, any capable person should be able to stand on their feet for that long so what's the point of having such a short break in the first place. This job left a bitter taste in my mouth. I hope they can turn this job around for future employees.
fun people but management issues
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: pay people pto
Cons: management
great people on the store level but management is poor. Too much politics and not enough advancement given on merit. Pretty routine day to day.
Great Workplace
SEASONAL RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), chicago illinoisFebruary 26, 2015
My overall experience with Gap Inc was Phenomenal! The people I worked with had such great energy and they made it a blast to come to work. Being able to work together and confident in your work place really enhances your ability to complete your job. Gap was a big happy family that I was happy to work for
Fun working place and neat environment with
Merchandise Processor (Former Employee), Groveport, OHFebruary 26, 2015
It was a fun working place with neat environment.the supervisor and co-work all get along in a team working manner toward getting the job done
Amazing company to work for
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 26, 2015
Gap Inc. has amazing management, great opportunities, and great ethics. I have worked in 6 stores and all of them have the same core management ideas and transferring is really easy!
Packed and Returns
Warehouse Associate Stacked boxes onto conveyor (Former Employee), Groveport, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun place to work, hours and pay
Cons: nothing
handled items that costumers returned or needed an exchanges and I would process them . Items information would be place and any returns or exchanges would be put on the costumers card. I learned how to process cards ,how to do returns . I enjoyed the people I worked with they mostly stayed to themselves. Hours and pay great.
Not for those looking for a career
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: competitive environment
Cons: no room for advancement
It's an OK company to work for, but nearly impossible for advancement. More of a job for someone in high school, or in between jobs.
Great company with great benefits
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: company benefits
Cons: payroll
A great company to work for! They do whatever they can to make their employees happy. Lack of payroll can sometimes hurt business and work load.
Your co-workers make it worth coming to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bryant, ARFebruary 24, 2015
The store I worked in was fantastic. The managers were fun to work with, hours were flexible, and it's easy work. But it's bound to vary by location.
GAP, Inc is a great company to work for..
Image Consultant/ Senior Sales (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounts on clothes
Cons: turnover in staffing
I have worked for this company for 20 years, and to my excitement there is always something new to learn and to be.

The most interesting part of working in retail is learning how to be patient with customers who have other needs besides adding to their wardrobe.

Daily challenges at this present time in our company is the change in family incomes and purchases of attire.

There is always something new to learn. I love that there is always opportunity to grow and to learn
Learned a lot
MERCHANDISE LEAD (Former Employee), miami flFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: easy to move up
Cons: health care only for full timers
Easy to move up in the company. Went from sales to a manager, everyone was very friendly and had a lot of fun. Learned all about merchandising, something that i would of had to pay and arm and a leg for in school. The other managers were willing to teach.
sales associate
Associate (Former Employee), Aventura, FLFebruary 24, 2015
it was a good experience for a college student. not much fuss as long as you did what you need to. The hours are good during the holiday times but other time there is a struggle and its hard to make good money
Great but seasonal
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: free lunches, snacks, lomg breaks, fun people.
Cons: standing long periods of time
Hardest part of this job was the standing other then that the people were great. The customers were also nice and always had a great attitude. Learned how to be a great cashier.
Best overall company I ever worked for.
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: black friday
Each work day was different for me being that I was an Loss Protection. Trained new employees, anything safety related I covered, daily audits,and apprehend shoplifter just to name a few.My co-workers were all great and we made each work day enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was apprehending but it was also the best.

1 2 3 4 5

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Photos