GAP Inc

Long Days, Endless Nights
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Selden, NYJuly 26, 2015
Non-stop folding
Unhappy Customers
Non-visible Upper Management (ASM/SM)
Fitting room is a Nightmare, and I've known some associates that will call out just because they don't want to be stuck in there for hours.

However, my experience is from 8 years ago and processes and procedures may have changed since then.
Gap review
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NCJuly 25, 2015
Good company to work for. Visual merchandising was the focus and what I learned most from my 6 years with the company. It was also my most enjoyable part along with the customer service level provided.
Good job for pay your bills, not for future plans
Customer service, cash handling (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Open communications, you can talk with manager easy.
Cons: Little hours per week on part time.
Fast and busy environment but relaxed.
to many people from another country's, most the time it's good.
Great discount on merchandise.
Associate Manager
Associate Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Great Partnerships
Cons: Job security
Working for Gap Inc in the outlet division provided a very busy environment. The stores I worked in made 11-14 million a year. I learned many valuable tools while working there. I was the Operations Manager for the store. I was in charge of hiring, training, scheduling, auditing, payroll, and maintain all legal and company standards. I managed 3 managers below me along with 30-100 employees depending – more... on the season. I was a strong resource for the district and would partner up with fellow managers and stores to provide support. Unfortunately job security became a problem. With retail there is always cut backs. My position was eliminated within my current store. After receiving this information I was fortunate that upper management came together and worked in getting me into another location within the company. – less
fun workplace with great people
SALES ASSOCIATE/COMMUNITY EVENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee), lake elsinoreJuly 22, 2015
Pros: great people, great cusomers
Cons: shifts get cut a lot
i learned a lot of customer service. i did enjoy this job a lot. the days were long but enjoyable, your shifts did get cut a lot though.
not a steady job
sales associate (Current Employee), AtlantaJuly 22, 2015
Cons: short breaks, no guaranteed hours, micromanagement
If you are not a manager you will only work part time. You will only work about 4 hours each shift. In the beginning you will get okay hours but eventually you will start working once a week if at all. They play favorites so if you are not extra jolly at all times and screaming at the customers/ annoying them, you probably wont be on the schedule much. Expect to be micromanaged and bugged the entire time you're working. Not a company I would want to work for long term.
Large company with inherent strengths and weaknesses
Director IT (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 22, 2015
This company like many is full of potential, accomplishments, and the inherent strengths and weaknesses that can both benefit and plague a very large organization. The technology department has had some major successes but also has had difficulties with frequent reorganizations and high turnover.
Very excepting and understanding under any curcumstances
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Watchung NJJuly 22, 2015
Coming to Gap, I instantly felt welcomed and at home, helping me with anything I wasn't sure of. They were understanding when mistakes were made and gave pointers on how to improve. They keep a very positive atmosphere for workers and customers.The hardest part of the day is always remaining calm when dealing with a difficult customer, but even during that moment a team member will come to rescue and teach their methods of dealing with them. Everyday is a learning experience and you never do it alone. Gap is a wonderful work environment for anyone.
Fun, high volume workplace
Sales Associate/Acting Manager (Current Employee), Riverhead, NYJuly 21, 2015
A typical day at Gap includes working the cash registers, helping customers find the items they are looking for and making sure we have an assortment of sizes on the sales floor to help the customer get what they want. I started at Gap, Inc when I was in high school and have learned so much about the retail industry since then. I have been promoted to Acting Manager and, therefore, learned even more of the ins and outs of the retail industry. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with all the customers needs but the most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy.
N/a
Trained and lead team members (Current Employee), lafayette louisianaJuly 20, 2015
Really enjoyed working for the company been with them for a while. Benefits our great and discounts are helpful which allows to develop wardrobe for business
A typical clothing store retail expirence
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJuly 20, 2015
This was your typical entry level sales position. Not much to it but to be tidy, quick and professional. Overall the co workers are what made this job bearable.
Nice place
sales associate (Former Employee), manhattan, ksJuly 20, 2015
Love the order in the store but I worked in a college town so managers took favor over their friends in terms of moving up in the company.
A job where you can be YOU!!
Customer Experience Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 20, 2015
The music is lively. The management cares deeply about the staff. Growth potential is unlimited. The customers are super fun and the employees keep you coming back to work. Overall it's a fun atmosphere.
fun place to work
Sales Associate/Maintenance (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: PT hours
Great co-workers, hard work, management team extremely supportive. Great benefits pretending to store discounts. Open just about 24 hours a day.
Great work life balance
General Manager (Current Employee), Auburn, Al.July 18, 2015
Gap is a great place to work. Fun people, family oriented, great benefits. No high pressure sales, but simply get to know your customers so that you can better fulfill their needs. Gap truly cares about it's employees.
Very good job to have
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2015
Gap is very fun place to work. The staff and customers gives it a very family oriented feeling. You get to have fun with the customers as well as the employees that you work with.
Awesome work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), St. Augustine, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: holiday and weekend work days
Love the advancement opportunities within Gap Inc. Overall like any retail management position as far as day to day sales floor duties
Gap
Assistant General Manager, Merchandising (Current Employee), Edison, NJJuly 15, 2015
Working at Gap, Inc. opened a lot of doors for me in my career. While working for Gap, I was able to translate all my in class studies in college to real life scenarios. I worked with great people and learned so much.
Family Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Family type backing
Cons: Short time of employment for me
One of the best places I have had the priviledge to work.Very supportive staff and management. You are constantly busy with all kinds of people wanting to purchase product and talking to a huge variety of individuals. Great career choice for anyone who loves retail!
Very Family Oriented
Customer Service Expert Manager (Former Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 14, 2015
I worked as a customer service expert manager for nearly three years and I can honestly say this was the best company I have ever worked for. Very understanding to unexpected life situations and lenient to those that did not take advantage. I was unable to learn as much as I should have and taught most of the office procedures to myself through manuals because the store manager had a little bit of – more... a control issue and did not set aside time to train us. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the hardest part of the job was inventory which still was not that hard. I did find that the store manager seemed to have favorites that would move up in the company when it was in no way deserved by her constant snippy attitude and feeling put out by customers and actually being rude to customers..she had many complaints by customers but still moved up in the company. However I found that working with other managers within the company to be very enjoyable. If you are looking for a part time job and are a mother or student they really do work around a schedule and are family oriented. I was disappointed when the store closed because I had asked a year before if our store was going to close because i heard that GAP was closing 180 stores and I was assured that with our numbers and beating regional we were not going to close. I was not surprised when the week before the holidays the following year we were told we were closing in a couple of weeks and not to tell the associates...that was rough. I was disappointed another year later when GAP announced they were closing 220 more stores and opening 280 stores in China. I stopped shopping there after that...which is sad cause I do love their clothing. – less