GAP Inc
1,921 reviews

GAP Inc Employer Reviews

Great company, well worth the hard work
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 30, 2014
i worked for the company for 6 years. I love the community involvement and company vision.
Fun place to work
Retail (Former Employee), Tigard, ORDecember 30, 2014
Fun place to work
Excellent benefits for retail employees
Management is great
Hard work, its retail, don't forget
If you enjoy customer service this is the place to be
Co workers come from all different backgrounds
Long hours on your feet
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2014
GAP at Easton is a fun place to work and earn a little cash. The best part about the job are the co-workers. The least enjoyable aspect at the people who come in and toss around clothes with no concern that someone has to fold them back.
fast paced, retail, not a whole lot of fun
sales associate (Former Employee), Sedona, AZDecember 29, 2014
I was never given hours even though i had open availability, management didn't appreciate hard workers, and the pay was horrible.
I absolutely LOVE this company !!!
Denim & Visual Specialist (Former Employee), Cherry Hill, NJDecember 28, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this company !!!
GAP INC...speaks for itself...
It's an awesome company to work for...
Co-worker made the work day.
Brand Assistant (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 26, 2014
Typical work day is coming in and clocking and get a "one-minute" from there what ever you were good at is where you would go, especially if you could get Gap cards. trying to move up at this location was really difficult even if you had letters of recommendation from prior managers that you worked for. You really had to kiss up a lot to get notice. The company promotes that they like to promote fro within, but really they hire from outside.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 23, 2014
Pros: 15 minutes breaks every 4 hours
A typically work day starts out with us checking our board to see our assigned task and what our goals are for the days. We are always told to greet guest as friends and I think this is what helped me to advance and help me.. I always thought how I would treat a friend or family member if they came into the store. Business was demanding at times. I was delighted to help. So were my co workers and management was friendly. There was hardly any drama. The most enjoyable part was the customers and the volunteer services.
Poor
Visual Merchandising Manager (Current Employee), Mission Viejo, CADecember 23, 2014
Poor atmosphere, unprofessional environment. Great pay and benefits.
Its a job
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), new york,nyDecember 22, 2014
I learned alot from other stylist to perfect my skills as a visual merchandiser
Good company low hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Florida City, FLDecember 22, 2014
Good company
Not enough hours
Good management team
limited training programs
Tiring
Stock Replenisher (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 22, 2014
I think that being a stock replenisher was very tiring for me being that you had to be at work at 5 or 6. Other than that my day went by pretty fast and i think after a while you get used to it. Mornings just aren't good for me
Good for the first 2 months...
sales associate (Current Employee), Spokane Valley, WADecember 21, 2014
Pros: love the environment
Cons: no hours, too many employees
I started working there in July 2014. Sometimes working as much as 4-5 days a week with 4 hour shifts and a 15 minutes break every shift. I loved it at first. The people I work with were really nice and supportive. Things changed after the 2nd month. I was beginning to lose hours and was getting stressed out because I had bills to pay and couldn't make it on 175$ paychecks. Well then they started hiring everyone under the sun and slowly week after week my hours became less and less. They could careless if you are good with customers. They just want u to get customers to sign up for their credit cards. I, as a customer, hate being bothered with credit cards and as an employee I hate asking them. I came to the realization that I was being cut hours because I have only gotten 2 customers to get gap cards ever. I haven't worked for 2 weeks straight and Monday is my first shift since the Sunday after black friday. I'm looking for a new job...
Fun first job.
Sales Associate and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Milpitas, CADecember 17, 2014
Working in retail is not a walk in the park, that being said working at Gap was not the easiest job. At times it can become very stressful during the holidays, not to mention the over stressed managers.
good place to work great manager
Visual merchandizing/Stylist (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great visual manger
Cons: not much hours
the gap is good i just layer and detail all morning, dress mannequins, and, build walls.
Fun place to work, great people, great management
Extensive knowledge in customer service and sales (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VADecember 16, 2014
I enjoy my job at Gap. The management team does a wonderful job at making it an enjoyable atmosphere. As with any job it can have its stressful times, we all pull together to get our jobs done and help the customer to fine exactly what they are looking for. I would recommend working at Gap if anyone is looking for a fun, fast paced job with great co-workers and a great management team.
Productive work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sherman Oaks, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: compensation, benefits, job culture
Cons: management, job security/advancement
Helped resolve customer issues while balancing various customers in a busy retail environment. Maintained company standards with other staff and customers. Worked efficiently with store team members to lead a positive customer experience.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 15, 2014
Every day is a new day with new customers and building relationships and making their shopping as satisfying and easiest as possible. Acknowledging, relating and suggesting items and outfits to our customers is the way to facilitate their shopping. When checking out we want to make we greet and make sure they found everything ok. Most importantly, we make sure they are saving as much as possible by offering the Gap card and its benefits. Tying those benefits with daily promotion will make their whole shopping experience fun, easy and comfortable. It is always nice to see the same faces again.
Great team work in hard working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Galleria Mall in Dallas, TXDecember 14, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: short break
I like the mall where this work place is locating. It is a bight and warm area to work in with vivid co-workers on a busy holiday. My job is easy as an Associate Representative but it gets hard when the shift is given for closing of a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is for me as a fashion design major to try some new products to test to recommend to our customers.
Gap Inc treats their employees respectfully and is a diverse company to work for which I prefer.
Market Loss Prevention Manager (Current Employee), Boston/New England AreaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, wrok/life balance during non-peak months
Cons: bonus structure, advancement opportunities at my level
A typical day at work is visiting stores, driving the business through coaching conversations with underperforming individuals/stores. I also identify operational controls that could be negatively impacting specific stores profitability. I investigate and see to conclusion any internal theft/fraud and P&P issues. I also lead a team of Loss Prevention agents and supervisors who are responsible for safety, recovery and apprehension of external theft activity. I have built strong partnerships with business partners and conduct collaborative store visits for sustainable success & growth. A main priority of mine is the development of my team for career advancement.
I loved my Gap Assistant Manager job
Gap Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, good benefits - medical, eye, dental, 401k esop
Cons: dealing with dissatisfied customers
Gap seems to attract a great group of employees. I enjoyed working with a great team at the various Gap Stores I was employed at. I was an Assistant Manager for 8 years, having started as a Seasonal Part time employee and working part-time for 5 years. I realized that I really liked my part time job better than my full time job and applied for and became a Gap Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with both the great sales team and the customers, many of whom were repeat customers. The hardest part was dealing with customers who were not happy with the promotions or an item, but it was my challenge and goal to see them walk away happy. A typical day would start off checking our sales goal, managers to hours allocated for the day, giving the Sales Associates a one-minute meeting and deploying them to various jobs, as well as overseeing the sales floor to ensure that the Sales Associates were giving exceptional customer service while adhering to company policies and procedures.

About GAP Inc

The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock – Read more

GAP Inc Photos