GAP Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Typical Day at Gap Solutions
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2015
A typical day includes has understanding personnel and frequent moving around. Not the typical chain and ball effect to work at a workstation, but the freedom and liberty to move around frequently. Micromanagement is minimal, and independence is strongly encouraged. A lot of variety in day to day interaction and high turnover rate with many new faces.
Pros
Work environment, positive people
Cons
Short breaks, flex-time work schedule
It's like you're working for a temp agency.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perry PointJuly 20, 2015
A typical day was waiting for the micro-manager to actually come to work so you could get started. The only thing I learned at this job was the extent of my own patience, it was the ultimate of hurry up and wait. The management normally couldn't be contacted until 10 about three hours after the day started. The atmosphere of trust was such that your co-workers would throw you under the bus at any hint of management dis-satisfaction. I've never seen so much finger pointing in my life. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out how long you would have a job. The day they hired me a federal employee told me they had just recently laid off 40 people so this was beginning to sound a lot like a temp agency. After talking with other employees I finally realized that the majority of new hires were temporary expendable independent contractors. Unless you just need some extra money I would avoid this company and seek a more reputable one.
Pros
Government holidays
Cons
unstable employment
Average
General Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Alexandria VAJuly 15, 2015
great work and break schedule . Work along side Gov workers. No micro managing, work flow is consistent and steady pace. most enjoyable part is break time and meetings
Fun place to work....Great Management!
ASPR (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2015
I've been with GAPSI for almost three years and I have watched the company grow steadily during that time. I am impressed with the management team and their ability to connect with so many in the company in spite of their busy schedules.
Fun Company
Personnel Security Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 15, 2015
Always a great day at work! The environment is great along with coworkers. Always a pleasure to come to work daily. Thankful and blessed to be with a great company.
overall it is a good company to work for
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  North East, mdApril 20, 2015
Receipt and verification against receiving documents and/or pick-list, prepare proper documentation of discrepancies, routing materials to proper warehouse storage locations or customers, use computers and inventory controlled devices in day to day warehouse operations, other duties as may be assigned.

I have learned to ship orders out internationally. can pack hazards, which sometimes can be confusing/

I like the people i work with and i enjoy pacling the orders for state dept. I do not like the fact that there is no room for advancement here for me and that i can not move up with the company.
I am looking for a career position and i dont see this as that path for me or my future.
Worked for 3 Months
Business Analyst IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 3, 2015
Great place to work in Washington DC. It's a small business in Downtown and have great opportunities. Its great working in downtown, Commute on any line is great.
Average contract agency
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAOctober 8, 2014
Seeking a full time position, The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching co-workers and I love warehousing. That's why I have 24 years of experience and love to be competitive and achieving goals .
Pros
warehousing and leading projects to a level of excellence.
Cons
no full time advancements i have been trying to get a full time with hhs @ perry point.
Some Program Managers were excellent
DoS IIP/CSS/IT Sr. Project/Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2014
Not very much interaction with upper level management. Though they boost about future employment opportunities very little is done to assist you with possibilities once a contract ends. Some worked hard to try a find you a position for a little while and others fed you false hopes with expected start dates and then did not follow through or follow up.

Alas, as they say "good help......"
Pros
monthly team meetings
Cons
lack of company backing
N/a
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mclean, VAAugust 1, 2014
Okay company. Great management, not the best benefits and not willing to take care of their employees.

Want to know more about GAP Solutions, Inc.?

Ask a question
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 3, 2014
Need better benfits, need to be more understandable. Under apprecitiated
Pros
free lunches
benefits
great company
Program Manager- FBI (Current Employee) –  virginiaJanuary 17, 2014
Oversee day to day operation , I learned how to properly run a contract, Management was very fair and my co-worker was good did what was required, The hardest part of job was dealing with federal workers, The most enjoyable part of job was working with my staff
Pros
401 k
Cons
n/a
Yellow Ribbon
Yellow Ribbon Support Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pickett, VaAugust 19, 2013
I loved this job with the Virginia National Guard. I worked as a Yellow Ribbon Support Specialist. The program was implemented to help Guardsmen and their families when returning from war or before they left.
Great group of people
Contractor for Army National Guard, YRRP Level II (Former Employee) –  Postion held in Jefferson City MOMay 16, 2013
Position was fun, always a challenge with the changes which was a good thing. This position was a contract position, no advancement opportunity and no stability.
Pros
employee and family orientated
Cons
no advancement opportunity and no stability
They really care about their employees.
US Department of Defense Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington VAMarch 28, 2013
GAP Solutions, Inc. is an exceptional company with exceptional people, they are a Class A Outfit.
Accounts and Travel Professional (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAMarch 20, 2013
Nice environment.
Good Management.
Good Benefits.
Highly professional.
Pros
vacations.
Cons
healthcare
Excellent company for hard working professionals who enjoy being challenged
HQ Support Staff (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 1, 2013
GAPSI is a company that is full of passion and energy. The employees who thrive at GAPSI are honest, hard working, inventive and strive for improvements that bring the best services to their clients and employees.
Pros
supportive management; fast paced work environment, honest and fair work practices, and rewards for exceptional performance
Shirked Partial Responsibility for Error in Time Reporting to USG
Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2013
Gap Solutions manages its client-placed talent with extraordinary anxiety, on multiple occasions firing talent in accordance with what it calls a zero tolerance for timesheet reporting errors. The problem is compounded by the fact GAPSI does not adequately socialize its policies and that talent are occasionally asked to turn around timesheets on short holiday weeks under time and work pressures with no opportunity to vet time reporting procedures with client technical monitor, who often has his or her own time reporting requirements in addition to those imposed by GAPSI. Talent who have provided laudable and venerable service to HHS have been dismissed for what amounts to a minor error unrelated to job performance. I myself worked over 80 hours for the pay period but bill only for the maximum 80 in order to accommodate an unexpected request to write the summary for a meeting of the Enterprise Executive Committee. A firing was the reward.

Since GAPSI was awarded an exclusive contract with HHS, I find myself excluded from the government agency to which my unique package of knowledge and skills is most suited.

In my case (and that of AT LEAST one other of which I am aware), GAPSI did not share the responsibility and risk of a rare and minor error in time reporting that was corrected before it was ever received by the client (HHS).
Flexible and Professional
Test Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 23, 2012
GAP Solutions, Inc. was a fantastic company to join for my introduction to the white collar world. They were very attentive to employee needs, and made themselves quite available should I need answers or support during my time with them. They looked to boost morale, and motivate employees to grow. I would stay, but my position does not have promotion potential, and while it has been fantastic for earning a broad amount of experience, I need to move on to pursue my full potential.
Pros
great benefits, easy to communicate with, built solid relationships between management and employees.
Cons
very little room for growth for some contracts.
Dynamic company that cares about their employees
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wasington, DCOctober 3, 2012
GAP Solutions Inc. leadership goes the extra mile to provide support and understand employees needs. Management staff is talented, experienced, and very responsive. I really enjoy working with them, it feels like they are family and they care. A rare find!
Pros
it promotes a positive working environment.
Cons
most positions are contracts.