GAP Solutions, Inc.

GAP Solutions, Inc. Employer Reviews

N/A
Consultant (Current Employee), Mclean, VAAugust 1, 2014
Okay company. Great management, not the best benefits and not willing to take care of their employees.
prodiuctive place to work, unprofessional
laborer (Former Employee), north east mdMay 2, 2014
went to work at 7
got 2 15 minute breaks
got a 1 hour lunch
left at 3:30
pulled, packed, shipped items in the warehouse
cycle-counted and drove forklift, pallet jack, picker when needed
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Reston, VAApril 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: benefits
Need better benfits, need to be more understandable. Under apprecitiated
Yellow Ribbon
Yellow Ribbon Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Ft. Pickett, VaAugust 19, 2013
I loved this job with the Virginia National Guard. I worked as a Yellow Ribbon Support Specialist. The program was implemented to help Guardsmen and their families when returning from war or before they left.
Great group of people
Contractor for Army National Guard, YRRP Level II (Former Employee), Postion held in Jefferson City MOMay 16, 2013
Pros: employee and family orientated
Cons: no advancement opportunity and no stability
Position was fun, always a challenge with the changes which was a good thing. This position was a contract position, no advancement opportunity and no stability.
They really care about their employees.
US Department of Defense Contractor (Current Employee), Arlington VAMarch 28, 2013
GAP Solutions, Inc. is an exceptional company with exceptional people, they are a Class A Outfit.
Accounts and Travel Professional (Former Employee), Reston, VAMarch 20, 2013
Pros: vacations.
Cons: healthcare
Nice environment.
Good Management.
Good Benefits.
Highly professional.
Excellent company for hard working professionals who enjoy being challenged
HQ Support Staff (Current Employee), VirginiaMarch 1, 2013
Pros: supportive management; fast paced work environment, honest and fair work practices, and rewards for exceptional performance
GAPSI is a company that is full of passion and energy. The employees who thrive at GAPSI are honest, hard working, inventive and strive for improvements that bring the best services to their clients and employees.
Shirked Partial Responsibility for Error in Time Reporting to USG
Senior Management Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCFebruary 5, 2013
Gap Solutions manages its client-placed talent with extraordinary anxiety, on multiple occasions firing talent in accordance with what it calls a zero tolerance for timesheet reporting errors. The problem is compounded by the fact GAPSI does not adequately socialize its policies and that talent are occasionally asked to turn around timesheets on short – more... holiday weeks under time and work pressures with no opportunity to vet time reporting procedures with client technical monitor, who often has his or her own time reporting requirements in addition to those imposed by GAPSI. Talent who have provided laudable and venerable service to HHS have been dismissed for what amounts to a minor error unrelated to job performance. I myself worked over 80 hours for the pay period but bill only for the maximum 80 in order to accommodate an unexpected request to write the summary for a meeting of the Enterprise Executive Committee. A firing was the reward.

Since GAPSI was awarded an exclusive contract with HHS, I find myself excluded from the government agency to which my unique package of knowledge and skills is most suited.

In my case (and that of AT LEAST one other of which I am aware), GAPSI did not share the responsibility and risk of a rare and minor error in time reporting that was corrected before it was ever received by the client (HHS). – less
Dynamic company that cares about their employees
Program Analyst (Current Employee), Wasington, DCOctober 3, 2012
Pros: it promotes a positive working environment.
Cons: most positions are contracts.
GAP Solutions Inc. leadership goes the extra mile to provide support and understand employees needs. Management staff is talented, experienced, and very responsive. I really enjoy working with them, it feels like they are family and they care. A rare find!
Don't Be Fooled.
No comment (Former Employee), No CommentSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: casual dress and bring your dog to work on fridays
Cons: where to begin......
This company is dispicable. Their management is NOT supportive, and lack experience. They're employees are not appreciated and certainly not recognized. Any bonuses, employee appreciation events or special activities are very few and very far between. And job security at this company does not exist. This company is overrun with hostility and paranoia.

October 3, 2012

Not my experience at all, Management visits our contract site once a week and make themselves available for all employees. They provide "walk in hours"; make themselves available for face to face time to provide support to their employees. If you stop by, they will listen to you and will help in any way they can. I have received multiple praises for job well done. In today's economy it will be VERY hard to find a company that sponsors many special events. They did a Happy Hour not too long ago but not many participants showed up (it was a nice one too!). This is a contracting company job security is dependent on the contract terms.

March 25, 2013

I have never seen such a hostile and paranoid group. They have tremendous anxiety that their contracts will be taken away and they hold their contractors accountable with their jobs for the most minor and mitigatable errors.

Hardworking, family oriented, fun environment
Recruitier/Client Services (Former Employee), Reston, VASeptember 19, 2012
GAPSI is a hardworking company that does have high expectations but also notices those who do well by offering career advancement and pay increases. They also have fun things for off site and on site employees such as bring your dog to work on Friday's,in-house gym for employees to use, commission and bonus structure, company events, coffee and donuts – more... for off site employees and more.... – less
Recognizes work ethic and talent!
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee), Reston, VAAugust 17, 2012
GAPSI is a great place to work if you have a great attitude and enjoy a family oriented culture. Employees at GAPSI are often rewarded for their hard work with both compensation and corporate sponsored appreciation events. GAPSI has an open door policy and invites active feedback from their employees. GAPSI is a very family oriented enviroment that – more... promotes and fosters talent! – less
A complete joke
Client Services Associate (Former Employee), Reston VAJune 20, 2012
Cons: everything about this company.
The most unprofessional and unethical company I have ever worked for. Pathetic salaries and commission plans, long hours, micro management, unethical practices, high turnover, etc etc etc.
Not bad to work for, though they were a little inexperienced in the particular field.
Yellow Ribbon Support Specialist I (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJune 6, 2012
Pros: healthcare, benefits package, enjoyable workload.
Cons: low pay, limited assistance with client relations.
I was a contract employee for the Ohio Army National Guard; it was my duty to organize and execute pre- and post-deployment events for Soldiers and their Familes. GAP Solutions, while inexperienced in the field, certainly gave it their best, and while certain issues did arise with the client at the conclusion of the contract, GAP Solutions did all they – more... could to make my separation painless. They offered decent healthcare coverage and a quite reasonable benefits package (one week vacation and one week personal time for the first year), and while their payscale was low for the work performed, this was more due to the realities of contract work than any direct fault of theirs. Certain data-collection tasks were onerous, but these were required by the Department of Defense, so I can't fault the contract company. Overall, I was quite happy with them. – less
please find another place to work
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Reston, VaMay 31, 2012
Pros: bring your dog on fridays, dress down fridays
Cons: work you to death, they will ask you not to take lunch breaks
Sad pay awful owners..find another place for work. I've never seen people treated in such a horrible way and worked to death.
Very good place to work
Lead Medical Support Assistant (Former Employee), Ft. Belvoir Va.May 15, 2012
Very professional place to work. Management is always supportive.
GAP SOLUTIONS innovative
Administrative Assistant II (Contractor) (Current Employee), Reston, VAMay 4, 2012
GAP SOLTIONS Inc is a professional contracting services with innovative administrative solutions by delivering high quality services.
Do not work here!
Instructional systems specialist (Former Employee)March 20, 2011
worst company, awful benefits, horrible salaries, poor client and employee relations. No Christmas bonus, only stale cookies gift wrapped. Work somewhere else if you can! Switched to another contractor in my same job, got much higher raise, and much more employee-company interaction.

About GAP Solutions, Inc.

GAP Solutions, Inc. (GAPSI) is a professional services provider who partners with the federal government to enhance operations, – Read more