GAP Solutions, Inc.

GAP Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Eye Opening
Records Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 1, 2017
It was a great way to learn the government contracting system and how it went. Learning the TRIM system and records management system was a grand experience.
Pros
Working Hours
Cons
Short Lunches
Nice company good learning experience
Personnel Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reston, VA 20190January 15, 2017
Loved working on contract and great learning experience. Moved out of area otherwise would not have left. Miss my co-workers.
prety hard work, but not bad at all
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKJuly 11, 2016
long shifts machines broke down pretty often so it was very physically demanding at times. I ran 3 of the 4 machines on the production line and worked on 5 of 6 of the lines as well as cleaning the warehouses
Wonderful company, that is still growing!!
Executive Assistant, SSP Dept. of Navy (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAFebruary 2, 2016
GAP Solutions is a company that I started with in 2006, that had just been awarded its first large contract with DON. Over the past 10 years, I still have friends who have worked here, and attributed to the growth of the company. I learned alot here, and met some wonderful people along the way.
Pros
Lots of room for growth, large company
Typical Day at Gap Solutions
General Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 16, 2015
A typical day includes has understanding personnel and frequent moving around. Not the typical chain and ball effect to work at a workstation, but the freedom and liberty to move around frequently. Micromanagement is minimal, and independence is strongly encouraged. A lot of variety in day to day interaction and high turnover rate with many new faces.
Pros
Work environment, positive people
Cons
Short breaks, flex-time work schedule
overall it is a good company to work for
Warehouse Specialist (Current Employee) –  North East, mdApril 20, 2015
Receipt and verification against receiving documents and/or pick-list, prepare proper documentation of discrepancies, routing materials to proper warehouse storage locations or customers, use computers and inventory controlled devices in day to day warehouse operations, other duties as may be assigned.

I have learned to ship orders out internationally. can pack hazards, which sometimes can be confusing/

I like the people i work with and i enjoy pacling the orders for state dept. I do not like the fact that there is no room for advancement here for me and that i can not move up with the company.
I am looking for a career position and i dont see this as that path for me or my future.
Some Program Managers were excellent
DoS IIP/CSS/IT Sr. Project/Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 8, 2014
Not very much interaction with upper level management. Though they boost about future employment opportunities very little is done to assist you with possibilities once a contract ends. Some worked hard to try a find you a position for a little while and others fed you false hopes with expected start dates and then did not follow through or follow up.

Alas, as they say "good help......"
Pros
Monthly team meetings
Cons
Lack of company backing
Flexible and Professional
Test Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 23, 2012
GAP Solutions, Inc. was a fantastic company to join for my introduction to the white collar world. They were very attentive to employee needs, and made themselves quite available should I need answers or support during my time with them. They looked to boost morale, and motivate employees to grow. I would stay, but my position does not have promotion potential, and while it has been fantastic for earning a broad amount of experience, I need to move on to pursue my full potential.
Pros
great benefits, easy to communicate with, built solid relationships between management and employees.
Cons
very little room for growth for some contracts.
Hardworking, family oriented, fun environment
Recruitier/Client Services (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 19, 2012
GAPSI is a hardworking company that does have high expectations but also notices those who do well by offering career advancement and pay increases. They also have fun things for off site and on site employees such as bring your dog to work on Friday's,in-house gym for employees to use, commission and bonus structure, company events, coffee and donuts for off site employees and more....
Don't Be Fooled.
No comment (Former Employee) –  No CommentSeptember 26, 2012
This company is dispicable. Their management is NOT supportive, and lack experience. They're employees are not appreciated and certainly not recognized. Any bonuses, employee appreciation events or special activities are very few and very far between. And job security at this company does not exist. This company is overrun with hostility and paranoia.
Pros
casual dress and bring your dog to work on fridays
Cons
where to begin......
Excellent company for hard working professionals who enjoy being challenged
HQ Support Staff (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 1, 2013
GAPSI is a company that is full of passion and energy. The employees who thrive at GAPSI are honest, hard working, inventive and strive for improvements that bring the best services to their clients and employees.
Pros
supportive management; fast paced work environment, honest and fair work practices, and rewards for exceptional performance
Recognizes work ethic and talent!
Sr. Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAAugust 17, 2012
GAPSI is a great place to work if you have a great attitude and enjoy a family oriented culture. Employees at GAPSI are often rewarded for their hard work with both compensation and corporate sponsored appreciation events. GAPSI has an open door policy and invites active feedback from their employees. GAPSI is a very family oriented enviroment that promotes and fosters talent!
Dynamic company that cares about their employees
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wasington, DCOctober 3, 2012
GAP Solutions Inc. leadership goes the extra mile to provide support and understand employees needs. Management staff is talented, experienced, and very responsive. I really enjoy working with them, it feels like they are family and they care. A rare find!
Pros
it promotes a positive working environment.
Cons
most positions are contracts.
Fun place to work....Great Management!
ASPR (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 16, 2015
I've been with GAPSI for almost three years and I have watched the company grow steadily during that time. I am impressed with the management team and their ability to connect with so many in the company in spite of their busy schedules.
Gaps Solutions
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this entity and was quite disappointed when my employment with them ended. I can honestly say that everything about this company was amazing.
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
It's like you're working for a temp agency.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Perry PointJuly 20, 2015
A typical day was waiting for the micro-manager to actually come to work so you could get started. The only thing I learned at this job was the extent of my own patience, it was the ultimate of hurry up and wait. The management normally couldn't be contacted until 10 about three hours after the day started. The atmosphere of trust was such that your co-workers would throw you under the bus at any hint of management dis-satisfaction. I've never seen so much finger pointing in my life. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out how long you would have a job. The day they hired me a federal employee told me they had just recently laid off 40 people so this was beginning to sound a lot like a temp agency. After talking with other employees I finally realized that the majority of new hires were temporary expendable independent contractors. Unless you just need some extra money I would avoid this company and seek a more reputable one.
Pros
Government holidays
Cons
unstable employment
Do not work here!
Instructional systems specialist (Former Employee)March 20, 2011
worst company, awful benefits, horrible salaries, poor client and employee relations. No Christmas bonus, only stale cookies gift wrapped. Work somewhere else if you can! Switched to another contractor in my same job, got much higher raise, and much more employee-company interaction.
No room for growth.
Security Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 23, 2012
I give this company 2 thumbs down for their inability to listen to their employees regarding concerns with offsite working environment(s) and promoting individuals based on military experience and length of time with a company- not on education, merit and client recommendations.
Great group of people
Contractor for Army National Guard, YRRP Level II (Former Employee) –  Postion held in Jefferson City MOMay 16, 2013
Position was fun, always a challenge with the changes which was a good thing. This position was a contract position, no advancement opportunity and no stability.
Pros
Employee and family orientated
Cons
No advancement opportunity and no stability
great company
Program Manager- FBI (Current Employee) –  virginiaJanuary 17, 2014
Oversee day to day operation , I learned how to properly run a contract, Management was very fair and my co-worker was good did what was required, The hardest part of job was dealing with federal workers, The most enjoyable part of job was working with my staff
Pros
401 k
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAP Solutions, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9