Garage Employee Reviews

Difficult place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 24, 2017
No job work/ life balance. Underpaid compared to other retail stores for the management position I was in. Advancement within the company is difficult because of management. There is a high turnover rate for management which makes it difficult to build good relationships with them. Job culture within each store is different, it sometimes could be positive or negative depending on who the manager is. The company as a whole has a beautiful culture which they try to create, but is difficult to achieve because of turnover rate.
The management is a mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 28, 2017
I liked the environment with working with teenagers and adult women. However the managers leave most of the work for the sales associates. They will expect me to clean, ring out customers, help customers in the fitting room while they just greet. It's so much to do for an associate and impossible to just leave it for one person to do.
Pros
discount is great
Cons
management
Great work environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2017
I enjoyed working at Garage because it was an opportunity to meet up with new people, learn a couple of new skills, and work in a competitive style retail environment. I was able to intertwine customer service skills to those that I served while on the sales floor, while also inputting my own personality into the position as well. It was not typically a store that would receive a high volume of customers on a typical weekday; however, during the weekdays and special holiday seasons, we experienced many "hot floors". With that being said, it was a great experience and I would definitely work with the company again if given the chance.
Benefits
Cons
Not many hours until holiday season
Parking Attendant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 6, 2017
This workplace was a wonderful place to work. The job culture at Universal Parking Management LLC was uplifting and encouraging, with many opportunities to advance.
Pros
Flexible schedule, outdoor work, working with the public
Cons
Dated technology
Very fun place to work but the management at the time was below average and disorganized.
Tulsa, OK. Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 28, 2017
I always had fun working here but the downside was that it had a below average management team. I am not talking about all of the members of the management; there were a couple of very incredible managers but as a whole the management team was disorganized. This caused a rather chaotic and unbalanced environment.
Pros
Timely breaks, fun employess
Cons
bad management
Great "Second" Job kind of place
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 22, 2017
Working at garage & the overall company is great. One thing they are definitely pushing are numbers. Everyone is rated based upon KPI's (key performance indicators). They definitely try to push each sales associate & manager to their full potential.
Pros
Breaks during 6+ hour shifts
productive fun enviorment
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 15, 2017
a typical day at garage would begin with me doing a huddle with the workers and giving them the information of the day such as our goals in sales and what each of our personal goals where also in training them as the day went on if I saw something that was out of policy or that needed correcting. Giving them tips such as selling techniques. I learned how to be able to grow not just myself but also make my team grow make them more knowledgeable in every aspect of the store customers and policies. The hardest part of my job was seeing employees not genuinely care for the company and not having no type of passion for there product. Because as a manager you can teach so much the rest has to come from the employee. I enjoyed the rest of my job from greeting and interacting with customers to training my team and making us grow more as a company.
Pros
awesome team, great enviorment
Cons
short breaks, short staffed
A workplace that is satisfying
Currently a sales associate and stock person (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 13, 2017
Garage is a workplace where no so much drama occurs and is a pretty easy place to balance work and your personal life as a sales associate. You'll learn something everyday, and most of the time it is a pretty easy going day at Garage.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Not many hours
Good student job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTFebruary 3, 2017
This is a great starter job. However, it's only good as a short term job. It's good for experience in customer service and is a good oppertunity to learn to "break out of your shell".
Pros
Merchandise discount
Cons
Short breaks
Large neighborhood bar with corporate feeling
Head of Security (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2017
I worked as an internal security team member to check ID, assess customer ability to act safely, and to monitor staff safety. I would work with management to effectively train new employees and, to re-focus experienced staff.
Fun place
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  GuamJanuary 22, 2017
First experiencing bartending, did great training by the manager. Most days were chill, but great meeting new people everyday able to network. Good food and drinks.
Pros
Chill place
Cons
boss
great
Clean up (Current Employee) –  Shamokin, PANovember 15, 2016
Very good boss very good Co workers fast pace always busy all the time work know cars and in a garage and on houses company vehicles
Cooperative and uplifting work environment.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 1, 2016
The job was overall very rewarding. The position came with great company benefits as well as quick advancement within the company. Management was willing to work with employees and conflicting schedules.
Great atmosphere to help you grow and reach your goals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 13, 2016
Garage is one of the top retail companies to work for in my opinion. The atmosphere in fun and you're always motivated to meet your goals for the company. The management is great as well. A typical day as a sales associate includes greeting customers, assisting them in the fitting room, checking them out at the register, and ensuring that they are satisfied with their visit.
not such a fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTSeptember 18, 2016
My manager isn't the best person to work with. Days i go into work, im not sure wether its going to be a good day or a bad day. She is not a nice person ans i need to be somewhere i can work and be happy.
Cons
no break
Great company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 23, 2016
Great experience! I learned a great deal about the business! Your progression is dependant upon the effort you put into your success. Great leaders!
Pretty good co-workers, very serious and fun job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 20, 2016
Check in with manager about sales that day and what my goal is to sell. Gather outfit ideas for the customers and recommend more shirts or bottoms that may be cute.
Pros
Nice people overall!
Cons
no breaks if working 5+ hours, always on your feet
Alexia: 16 year-old girl with a sexy flare
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 13, 2016
1.A typical day at work Is its always organized and ready to go. the environment is always filled with hardworking and fun..

2.I learn to remain honest and connected to the customer. Our goal is to make the customer feel like a celebrity. for example, if we are a doing a daily task or branding we must drop and go straight to the customer and attend to the customer needs.

3.Management for my store keeps getting better. Management makes sure we reach our number goals as a store and as individual which I like because it keeps me motivated to do better.

4.I enjoy all my co-workers. They each have different personalities and bring to life each aspect of the company.

5.The hardest part of my job I would say is doing the floor set. It can become challenging because we do not have certain items required to be on the floor.

6. The most enjoyable part of my job is floor set and branding. Floor set because once we are done with doing the things that are required; we have freedom to be creative with the mannequins and show off our unique style. I enjoy Banding because a neat store is the best store.
Pros
Workers Discount, Loving enviroment, New Customers
Cons
high demand for things we don not carry, no shoes
Learned Alot
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJune 16, 2016
Garage is a fun upbeat environment. A typical day at work is opening the store, checking emails. Giving employees task to complete as well as completing task of my own. Counting registers. Knowing our goal as a store. Making sure we reach our numbers. Managing everyone needs the best as possible. Making sure customers are happy and all task are completed.
Pros
love it
Cons
healthcare
fun workplace
Key-holder/Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2016
working at Garage is fun! Since all of the workers are part of similar demographics you make a lot of friends. This job requires a lot of energy and communication. The only downside is you don't really get paid fairly for how much work you are actually doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garage. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval