Garage Employee Reviews

Terrible
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCFebruary 12, 2018
I will have to say this was probably the worst place I've ever worked at. Terrible management, and the company itself. They're expecting too much from workers and never recognize hard work. The turnover rates within the store was ridiculous and within the company itself.
Experienced and adventures Workplace
Owner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Experienced and adventures Workplace with changes on day lie basis. Always in contact with a lot people all over the world which helped gained eperience in customer related issues.
Pros
fun
Cons
long work days
great co workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 10, 2018
not enough flexibility , not high enough wage , not enough training to feel comfortable enough dealing with customers on my own. not enough hours. no consistency
Pros
discounts
Stressful and competitive
ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 18, 2017
Despite making friends there, some of the people there really made life a living inferno. One in particular targeted me and made sure I worked much harder than the rest who she favored. Thankfully I was allowed a 15 minute break which wasn't always available despite the long work hours. On good days I would be positively treated and made my sales on worse days people would steal my sales and made sure that they had their requirements met and could care less about you. Not a staff "family" like they preach
Pros
Discounts on their clothing
Cons
Long hours, competitive, stressful
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRDecember 11, 2017
Good place to work with boats and lots of machine and chemicals in maintenance Vrillo paint boat repairs You learn fast always one Show your job interest
Lack of manners
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHDecember 9, 2017
The store at Salem is horrible maurie the manager has no manners. No need for the attitude when I’m there to work! I quiet becasuse of her. I felt really bad how I was treated
a lot of decication
Manger Assistant (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXNovember 10, 2017
spirited group creates, designs, markets and distributes a constantly evolving collection to a large network of Dynamite and Garage retail stores. The brand’s core strength is rooted in a solid understanding of its customer.
Great Place to Work
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJNovember 5, 2017
Great place to work. I genuinely enjoyed coming to work everyday and meeting with my employer to discuss the company's goals concerning marketing and art services. The hardest part of the job was multitasking all of my projects, but I also managed to remain organized and focused.
Reminded me of high school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAOctober 30, 2017
probably not the case everywhere but in the braintree location it was very much like high school drama with the crew. Very unprofessional besides that it was okay place to work.
Pros
great employee discount, cute clothes, nice customers
Cons
poor management, no hours, cliques.
High intensity
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 3, 2017
Great place for growth an development in a fast pace environment. If you are look to be challenged everyday by your leader and your peers, you will get that here.
Fun job but not long term
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJuly 23, 2017
Garage is a great place to work if you're starting out in retail and want to learn. If you're looking to grow a career this isn't the place to do so. Upper management changes so frequently and so does the team. It seems that they hire/ promote out of desperation, it's also hard to grow without leaders at Garage who will get you to the next level. The vision Garage has of music, style, and fun is perfect but depending on the team in place it can be a hit or miss.
Pros
Fun environment, music, discount.
Cons
Management, little growth, high turnover rate, low pay compared to competition.
Difficult Company to staff
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 19, 2017
A typical day a work are basic retail operations along with planning, shipment, email, etc.

What I learned was how to merchandise to their standards which I take with me and will hope to use in my future career.

Management expect a lot from their teams, sometimes unrealistic with what they provide.
Pros
great discount, good benefits, good wage for managers
Cons
low wage for PT staff, not a lot of support for staffing, training is provided, but not the best.
Too pushy on Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 6, 2017
Pushy on sales, will be assigned an area of the store from your shift and your expected to sell sell sell until you hit your daily sales goal.I quit s
High energy, very social, fast paced
Retail sales (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJune 17, 2017
It's a high energy, fast paced, upbeat environment. It helps to be enthusiastic, positive and bubbly. Sales are important, a lot of the job includes talking to customers and recommending clothing.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
stress over sales
Excellent
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 15, 2017
Working at Garage as a sales associate is excellent! The company is invested in their employees and they provide a great work environment, which teaches you all the skills necessary to become an excellent stylist or associate.
Pros
Great discount
Very fun and laid back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 5, 2017
There is a lot of inventory with new clothes when the seasons change. The clothes are very cute and getting 50% off is a great benefit. The workers are also very nice.
Questionable Management and Pushy Sales Strategies
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 30, 2017
I was not thoroughly trained for my job and was sort of tossed out on register and expected to know what to do. The management at my store was certainly not ideal ans was constantly changing. Management pushes you to badger customers when they clearly do not want to be bothered so that they can meet their sales goals. There is no reward or recognition for consistently meeting sales goals.
Difficult place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTApril 24, 2017
No job work/ life balance. Underpaid compared to other retail stores for the management position I was in. Advancement within the company is difficult because of management. There is a high turnover rate for management which makes it difficult to build good relationships with them. Job culture within each store is different, it sometimes could be positive or negative depending on who the manager is. The company as a whole has a beautiful culture which they try to create, but is difficult to achieve because of turnover rate.
The management is a mess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 28, 2017
I liked the environment with working with teenagers and adult women. However the managers leave most of the work for the sales associates. They will expect me to clean, ring out customers, help customers in the fitting room while they just greet. It's so much to do for an associate and impossible to just leave it for one person to do.
Pros
discount is great
Cons
management
Get company hate drama
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMarch 24, 2017
The company overall is great, but some stores have an issue with drama. Also sometimes improvement can be slow and there's some issues with RPA and products