Garage Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun place to work
Retail Sales/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Willow Grove, PANovember 25, 2015
Working at the Garage was a good experience and a fun place to work. I enjoyed working with my coworkers, managers and the customer. The only downfall was the salary. It could pay more for the amount of work you do.
Pros
nice employee discounts.
Cons
you only get a break if you work more than 6 hrs.
good learning job,
Advance Garage Door (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDDecember 6, 2015
Great group of guys to work for, once you proved yourself they would help u with whatever you needed.... You learn and use your math skills using cordless tools and working off latters
Pros
Benifits were paid 100%
Cons
cold weather in our busy session.. Winter
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 9, 2016
what I learned working at garage is better communication skills they actually took me out of my shyness and I learned a lot more about fashion . the management at the job was great not to bad my co workers where wonderful I miss them all they all where joyful and fun the hardest part of the job was really nothing to hard about the job everything was pretty easy but I did learn a lot of new things . that I didn't know and the most enjoyable part of the job would be the fitting room I loved being in the fitting room you meet a lot of new people coming and they will show off they outfit especially anything that comes in the store that's new we love to see customers dress up the clothes ..
Pros
free clothes
Cons
long breaks
"Commission like" work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNNovember 20, 2015
There was always someone new to meet working at Garage, this retail store was located in the very popular mall where people from all over the world came to shop. This was a sales based job that worked off of commission, The sales would come when i focused on the customer needs and not the personal sales goal for the day. Learning how to deal with different personalities was hardest part of the job as well as meeting daily sales goals. Be aware that this is a commission-like work environment. The most enjoyable was of the job was meeting new people every day from all over the world. you are required to work weekends which can be a little hectic if you are not a "people person." A just so it mindset is required to be successful in this job position.
Pros
Fast Past, New faces daily, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Siding shifts, hours varied, commission like environment.
Fast paced, trendy shop.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYApril 2, 2015
When I started working here, I fell in love with this store. I would work for this company again in a heart beat. It became my second home. All the girls I worked with were so unique and lively. A typical day included either opening or closing the store. We always interacted with customers as they came in or left. We each had sales goals and worked together to achieve them. It was always about the team and never the individual. This company is all about their customers and I admire that.
Pros
Benefits, advancement.
Garage
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJDecember 27, 2015
Garage was my first real job. Beautiful coworkers great management. Amazing work atmosphere. Great working hours. Easy go get there
Pros
Paid more than MINIUM wage
Cons
Closed late
good place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 6, 2016
• Process sales transactions
• Answer customer inquiries and asset customers
• Collect and replace clothing and merchandise from customers.
• Responsible for stocking store
• Assist manger with store opening and closing
A great work environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 13, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. All about costumer service and overall satisfaction. Canadian company, growing at a fast rate. Expanding in different towns across the world.
Stressful!
Stock lead & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYJune 24, 2015
Garage is a fairly new company to the United States. My store was built in 2012 which is pretty recent, it was crazy! We are the highest volume store in the US and also a test store. A typical day at work was always something else, you never knew what you were walking into. It was a very hard job to manage especially if you were also going to school. Many people quit, out of every 3 new hires 2 would always quit within 3 weeks, usually because of school or they weren't getting along with management. The management team was alright could be very nasty sometimes with the stress of the job but were generally good people. My co workers were awesome! We always tried to make the best of everyday. The hardest part of the job was trying to do what management gave you to do that day and also what head office wanted you to do that day since the store was constantly changing because they wanted it too, they were never happy with it! Overall I did enjoy working at Garage, the people were great and everyone looked out for each other as a team. Just was not worth the stress at a young age.
amazing credibility
Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PANovember 19, 2015
youll definitely learn about how much work your willing to put it , strict company, great work,great people, good work force

Want to know more about Garage?

Ask a question
Good first job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 13, 2014
Great job to have for the summer. Awesome discount. Was trained on cash. Received a raise every year. Co-workers are great and people to build long relationships with. Best part of the job is helping others find what they need and building a relationship with them.
Fun and competitive sales job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 15, 2015
At garage, every employee has a sales goal. If you do not make your sales goal for the week, you get less hours. Hours are based on how well you sell. I do sell a lot of merchandise relatively easily and it is a fun job for majority of the time. This is not a job for someone who is unsocial.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hours based on sales
Fun workplace with decent benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMarch 30, 2014
My typical shifts were about 8 to 10 hours per day. The store was in high demand during the summer time and I had to learn to keep calm under a fast paced environment. I learned how to deal with shipments, process credit cards and payments, and help customers on a personal level in the dressing room areas. I also learned how to keep customers loyal to the company. The management was very friendly and the co workers were very helpful during stressful times. The hardest part of the job was coming in for floor sets (changing the store layout each season) at 5 am before opening and the most enjoyable part of the job was receiving free clothing.
Pros
free clothing and a sense of community within the shopping centre.
Cons
high demand and fast paced, long hours with not much income.
Retail
Sales associate, and cashier, floor planning (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJanuary 16, 2015
A typical day of work was going into the store, helping to keep clean and help customers find what they are looking for. I've learned customer services skills and how to approach people in a well manner to help them. My coworkers were nice, we really just came into work to do what was needed and that was it. Management should of been a little more professional. The hardest part of the job was really just trying to enjoy retail altogether. Being in retail for 3 years did get tiring after awhile.
Highly competitive
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 26, 2015
Enjoy working there but can be stressful with all the demands. Company is growing like crazy and so there are openings. They are selective in who they promote. Have to work your butt off and they will promote once u prove u will stay with the company.
Okay workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLMarch 20, 2015
I worked there so long ago I'm sure many things have changed. It was nice, my coworkers were cool. Nothing really went wrong I guess.
Pros
huge employee discount!
Cons
had to meet a sales quota (was not a commission based job)
Fun Enviroment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Coming into work was always fun, you had excited co-workers and we were always learning or keeping busy at work. The hardest part of the job was the other co-managers they were young and always wanted to party.
Fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 20, 2013
I love my position as the assistant manager at garage! The staff and my employees are all awesome and really make my day enjoyable. I have learned so much about being an assistant manager and am now looking for the opportunity to advance to a higher management position and being able to show all that I have learned through my experiences.
new construction
Apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  South DakotaSeptember 12, 2012
Put in brand new wiring into an aluminum garage. A friend of mine built the garage and needed wiring... We bent conduit, pulled wire and put a new electrical panel. Install scokets, switches, dug a trench by hand for the connection to the house and put pvc conduit into the ground to the basement of the house... And when it was all done we helped insulate the garage and pour the cement floor.
I was productive, since i left to complet my school many customers have been asking after me
Automobile Mechanic (Former Employee) –  BAMENDA TOWNOctober 10, 2013
I have learned that when you works on somebody's car clean it well so that customers will always likes to bring their cars in your workshop. while in the garage i realize that it is not good to dismantle a part on a vehicle you do not know.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break