GarageTeamMazda, a full-service integrated advertising agency in Costa Mesa is looking for a Technical Support Specialist in our Costa Mesa office. Will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and support to all agency end users, approximately 165+. Must have experience with Windows 7, Apple Operating Systems, software, hardware, LAN topology and printers. This Desktop Technical Support Specialist will receive the majority of incoming requests for assistance (70-75%) via telephone/email. Must have good communication skills and be able to interact with individual at all levels, including senior management, in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Technical background includes experience with Windows XP/7, Max OS X, MS Office Suite and BlackBerry/PDA devices
- Thorough knowledge of PC and Mac hardware (desktop/laptop)
- Hands-on experience with problem-ticket systems and problem escalation management
- BA and/or technical certification. Proven commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of degree or certification
- Ability to provide prompt, professional and courteous services on all customer requests, problems and queries
- Highly motivated and have excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact with individuals at all levels across all departments
- At least 3 years in a customer service support operation, including Help Desk and front-line support
- A calm, pleasant demeanor
- Fact finding and information gathering
- Escalation management and call tracking via tracking software
- Research and provide confident, accurate solutions to end-user problems on a timely basis
- Participate in special projects and serve on manager-appointed task force teams
- Document and escalate all support calls when timely resolution is not possible. Clearly communicate the escalation to all concerned and involved parties. Monitor the successful resolution of the call, providing appropriate progress reports and status as needed.
- Assist with miscellaneous requests including help with projectors, copiers, PDAs, printers, etc.
- Suggest creative and efficient programs, guidelines, methods and procedures to enhance the quality of services provided by the User Support Group