Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill Employee Reviews

Very slow
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKApril 12, 2017
Not a great place to work. Not many hours per week. Managers aren't great. They make people managers after being there for just a few weeks. I don't recommend working here.
No lunches or breaks
Like (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 23, 2017
Way too understaffed. Make you do WAY too much work for the amount of pay.. this job got me literally sick. The entire 3 and a half months I worked there I never got a SINGLE lunch. They over work you and leave you feeling overly exhausted. They made me work over 8 hours ( as a minor) and didn't give me a single break or lunch, so I went the whole day without eating. This job will pretty much consume your life, you won't have time to do in your personal life.. This job will just make you mad.
Pros
Free meals if u work 4 hours
Cons
Everything else
Great starting position
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COMarch 22, 2017
Was a first job as a 16-year-old. Gave great insight to what customer service means, and helped teach me the ways of a restaurant. Included many cleaning duties and side work, but involved great team members that worked together well.
It was a job.
Crew Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 15, 2017
I learned a lot cooking wise but other than that it was long and nobody got along. Basically was hurry and get out. management had their favorites and that was it
Pros
great food
Cons
incentives/benefits
Very fast-paced and a very nice environment to work around with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 28, 2016
Full with energetic and fun people. Clean and next to many other lovely places like Starbucks ,small private gym, Walmart and many more. Food is delicious and healthy. Made fresh everyday with the most tasty ingredients.
Fun, Productive work place.
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDDecember 27, 2016
Garbanzo was Fun, Productive, trusting work place. I got along with everyone here. we worked together to get our jobs done and loved the customers. We even knew some by name. This was the first job to give me my first raise.
Horrible
Baker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 6, 2016
Horrible place to work no breaks and hours change so much....i was pregnant and they said after having the baby to return and id have my job...yeah that was a Huge lie.
Pros
Free meal of work over 4 hours
Cons
No breaks at all
Good food, bad management.
Prep chef/line cook (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CO 80112October 26, 2016
Overall this was a great place to work, but the people from corporate are incredibly rude and incredibly inconsiderate. Often times corporate will decide they're running massive catering orders out of your store without notice. Even though our store was understaffed and the employees didn't have a second to breathe they would have this piled on them as well leaving the store short on inventory and time causing products to be out and costumers angry.
Pros
Free lunch, great place to sharpen some kitchen skill
Cons
Bad management, Catering is orders will
Upper Management needs work like GM but other than that its a great place to work and great fook.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 14, 2016
GM micro manager where I work but other than that its a great place to work they have taken good care of me in many ways for my situation . If it was more pay and more hours I would be content .
It was a fun comfortable place too me, I loved working with food. It just didnt work out.
Food prep (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 21, 2015
Typical day at work would be preparing food and enjoying the company of co-workers and customers.
I learned to be patient with people, and to bite my tongue.
The management was great, everybody had a schedule and knew what to do most of the time.
My co workers were awesome, everyone is great in their own way!
Hardest part of my job was working on the line, making a customers food when theres so many people.
Most enjoyable part of my would be making customers smile.
Pros
30% off a meal a day. It was always clean. Good vibes. Great food!
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes bad vibes.
Great place to work!
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZDecember 17, 2015
I wish I was still there but I moved to a state where Garbanzo has not popped up in quite yet. I absolutely love this company, the people they hire for management are ones you will want to be-friend. They are hard-working and will work hard for you, lots of opportunities for advancement. Because management is so top notch, they make sure your fellow coworkers meet a certain criteria when it comes to respect of people and workplace, and attention to detail in the job requirements. Aside from being a well-oiled machine when it comes to the team, the hours are flexible and the food is delicious! It was hard not to eat there every shift...but if you really want to you can, employees get an awesome discount. I had a lot of fun working at Garbanzo and I still talk to several of my coworkers and managers since my relocation, we are a family, now and then. If you want a fun place to work at with job security/flexibility and love Mediterranean cuisine, check them out! I can't wait for them to move my way =)
Pros
flexibility, support for growth, employee discount
Cons
every job has a few but not big enough to list here IMO
Great Costumer Service and full of supportive managment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJOctober 29, 2015
Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill was an amazing atmosphere to work in. There was always something to laugh about and the staff was considered a family. There were not any benefits for management however, and management was very invested in the job so there was no life outside of the job.
Pros
supportive managment, discounted products, great experiance
Cons
no benifits
Fast paced, optimistic work place.
Line Worker/Cashier/ (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 13, 2015
Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill was a very fast paced work place.
Required a lot of presentation of our food and was a very unique type of food. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the type of people that were draw in to eat here.
Pros
Friendly customers, Personable co-workers, Positive work place.
Cons
Long shifts/short breaks
Great atmosphere and guests
General Manager- Aliso Viejo and Irvine Locations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 5, 2015
Great staff and great management. Just beware of the intoxicated people as they are extremely friendly. All in all great place to learn customer service.
relaxed and fun
Baker, Front Line Cook, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, caJuly 9, 2015
This restaurant is fast-casual. On a typical day I will be working on the front line. Tending to either the greet, salad, protein, sauce and cashier station. They replaced our GM quite recently and things run smoothly.
Pros
60% off lunches, relaxed enviroment
Productive fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work is fun I get to meet new people and converse while putting a smile on someone else's face.
I learned to be more proactive in life at a early age and it makes me want to strive hard to own my own business one day.
the management is awesome and they have a nice taste in employees.
The hardest part is when we get extremely over the top busy. As a team we always pull through and master the challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to taste the new food we bring in.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fast Paced with high volume Casual Service Restaurant
Baker/Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 19, 2015
A solid team worked well in this establishment with a high volume of daily customers and fast paced work. Standards of product are of extreme importance and are kept as a priority.
Better opportunities exist for you
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 15, 2015
Very laid back environment; hands on owner who cares about his employees and is committed to helping you reach your goals; in California, stores are just beginning to open up, so there's opportunity for growth; very reasonable hours of operations

Lack of structure at the corporate level; weekly distribution struggles with products you need to order not being available; owner is too involved in day to day side of the business, leaving employees wondering whose direction they should be following; bonus structure is a joke for two reasons. One is that there is simply not high enough volumes to justify earning a decent bonus. Two, each bonus structure I've had has been on a quarterly basis, but by the time we've received our goals a month of the quarter has passed and we can only bonus on two months instead of three. By the time you receive said bonus, another month has passed and you still only get two months to earn any bonus on; in California, it's harder to earn a comfortable living, even at the GM level, because sales aren't high enough to award a competitive salary for the position
Pros
Very laid back environment, hands on owner who cares about his employees and is committed to helping you reach your goals, in California stores are just beginning to open up, so there's opportunity for growth, very reasonable hours of operations
Cons
Lack of structure at the corporate level, weekly distribution struggles with products you need to order not being available, owner is too involved in day to day side of the business, bonus structure is a joke for two reasons, One is that there is simply not high enough volumes for a decent bonus, Two each bonus structure I've had has been on a quarterly basis, but by the time we've received our goals a month of the quarter has passed, and we can only bonus on two months instead of three, By the time you receive said bonus another month has passed
Excellent management
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2015
Start off each morning with a print out of tasks for prep cook to do. Count the tills to make sure that all money is accounted for. Hardest part about the job is making sure that all employees are assigned tasks, and we are ahead for the next shift. Friendly environment.
Pros
Everyone works and communicates well with each other
Cons
Advancements stop at shift manager
met a lot of great people working here
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzMay 3, 2015
Garbanzo mediterranean grill was a great place to work at a typical day included either opening the store which meant having to prep all foods for the day as well as take deposits to the bank place or receive & put away orders as well as a doing inventory once a week to keep food costs down. This also included having the restaurant open on time and getting every customer down the line and eating as soon as possible as well as taking care of any customer problems that came up and preparing catering orders when we had them. The other shift was closing which meant running the restaurant until closing time and cleaning as well as setting up the morning crew so they can just come in and get to work in the morning. I really learned a lot at this job I started as a prepper and eventually worked my way all the way to shift manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8