Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill Employee Reviews

Fast Paced with high volume Casual Service Restaurant
Baker/Associate (Former Employee), Greenwood Village, COMay 19, 2015
A solid team worked well in this establishment with a high volume of daily customers and fast paced work. Standards of product are of extreme importance and are kept as a priority.
Better opportunities exist for you
General Manager (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Very laid back environment, hands on owner who cares about his employees and is committed to helping you reach your goals, in California stores are just beginning to open up, so there's opportunity for growth, very reasonable hours of operations
Cons: Lack of structure at the corporate level, weekly distribution struggles with products you need to order not being available, owner is too involved in day to day side of the business, bonus structure is a joke for two reasons, One is that there is simply not high enough volumes for a decent bonus, Two each bonus structure I've had has been on a quarterly basis, but by the time we've received our goals a month of the quarter has passed, and we can only bonus on two months instead of three, By the time you receive said bonus another month has passed
Very laid back environment; hands on owner who cares about his employees and is committed to helping you reach your goals; in California, stores are just beginning to open up, so there's opportunity for growth; very reasonable hours of operations

Lack of structure at the corporate level; weekly distribution struggles with products you need to order not being available; owner is too involved in day to day side of the business, leaving employees wondering whose direction they should be following; bonus structure is a joke for two reasons. One is that there is simply not high enough volumes to justify earning a decent bonus. Two, each bonus structure I've had has been on a quarterly basis, but by the time we've received our goals a month of the quarter has passed and we can only bonus on two months instead of three. By the time you receive said bonus, another month has passed and you still only get two months to earn any bonus on; in California, it's harder to earn a comfortable living, even at the GM level, because sales aren't high enough to award a competitive salary for the position
Excellent management
Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Everyone works and communicates well with each other
Cons: Advancements stop at shift manager
Start off each morning with a print out of tasks for prep cook to do. Count the tills to make sure that all money is accounted for. Hardest part about the job is making sure that all employees are assigned tasks, and we are ahead for the next shift. Friendly environment.
met a lot of great people working here
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzMay 3, 2015
Garbanzo mediterranean grill was a great place to work at a typical day included either opening the store which meant having to prep all foods for the day as well as take deposits to the bank place or receive & put away orders as well as a doing inventory once a week to keep food costs down. This also included having the restaurant open on time and getting every customer down the line and eating as soon as possible as well as taking care of any customer problems that came up and preparing catering orders when we had them. The other shift was closing which meant running the restaurant until closing time and cleaning as well as setting up the morning crew so they can just come in and get to work in the morning. I really learned a lot at this job I started as a prepper and eventually worked my way all the way to shift manager.
Good place to have a first job
Front Line/ Baker (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2015
I had a good experience at the beginning of this job, but as I was that I was wanting to move forward, I was limited due to my age. Without being 21, I was not able to move into management and I was stuck as a part time employee.
Excellent Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Florham ParkFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great food
Cons: franchise owners
I enjoy the extensive training that was given to me. The company culture is healthy and up to date. Owner of the company is down to earth and very passionate about food,
Was fun and productive
General Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Was fun starting the 4 restaurants in the state but the short sightedness of the company to close the region before it even made it 2 full years was a mistake. Once people where in place who actually cared about the restaurants the company just pulled all funding and support 4 months prior to closing the first restaurant.
Great Working Culture
Franchise Business Consultant (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: creative thinking work enviorment
Cons: executive management more focused on what they want vs guest
Loved my time at Garbanzo. Great food and folks that think creatively. Fresh made from scratch foods really enable this brand to serve health choices.
Shift Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2014
well was not the best. picked favorites and was not at all FAIR!
Typical
Team Member (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 7, 2014
Typical Fast food chain with typical hours. Typical management. Food is extremely healthy and cleanliness was up to par. However, keeping a minor at work past midnight is not alright.
Great environment and heathy food
Cashier (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2014
I loved working for this company. My work days were busy and had their challenges and management was always there to help and keep things in order. I got along with all my co-workers and the customers were always great. What I loved most was that I knew that the food I prepared and served was good and healthy and made from scratch.
Fast and Fun work enviroment
Back line Cook (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed everything about working here from the menu all the way to how we cleaned the store. My manager was incredibly fun to be around and to work with.
Un-stable, un-seasoned company
General Employee (Former Employee), Aurora, ColoradoMarch 7, 2012
Its fun at first but the goals are un-reachable with the amount of staff and the management that is in control. They don't take concerns seriously and don't care about you as an employee. Its not a strong company, still very new and it is very obvious they don't really know what they are doing.

Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill Salaries