Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work!
Baker and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paradise Valley, AZDecember 17, 2015
I wish I was still there but I moved to a state where Garbanzo has not popped up in quite yet. I absolutely love this company, the people they hire for management are ones you will want to be-friend. They are hard-working and will work hard for you, lots of opportunities for advancement. Because management is so top notch, they make sure your fellow coworkers meet a certain criteria when it comes to respect of people and workplace, and attention to detail in the job requirements. Aside from being a well-oiled machine when it comes to the team, the hours are flexible and the food is delicious! It was hard not to eat there every shift...but if you really want to you can, employees get an awesome discount. I had a lot of fun working at Garbanzo and I still talk to several of my coworkers and managers since my relocation, we are a family, now and then. If you want a fun place to work at with job security/flexibility and love Mediterranean cuisine, check them out! I can't wait for them to move my way =)
Pros
flexibility, support for growth, employee discount
Cons
every job has a few but not big enough to list here IMO
Great Costumer Service and full of supportive managment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJOctober 29, 2015
Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill was an amazing atmosphere to work in. There was always something to laugh about and the staff was considered a family. There were not any benefits for management however, and management was very invested in the job so there was no life outside of the job.
Pros
supportive managment, discounted products, great experiance
Cons
no benifits
Productive fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work is fun I get to meet new people and converse while putting a smile on someone else's face.
I learned to be more proactive in life at a early age and it makes me want to strive hard to own my own business one day.
the management is awesome and they have a nice taste in employees.
The hardest part is when we get extremely over the top busy. As a team we always pull through and master the challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to taste the new food we bring in.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great atmosphere and guests
General Manager- Aliso Viejo and Irvine Locations (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 5, 2015
Great staff and great management. Just beware of the intoxicated people as they are extremely friendly. All in all great place to learn customer service.
Fast paced, optimistic work place.
Line Worker/Cashier/ (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 13, 2015
Garbanzo Mediterranean Grill was a very fast paced work place.
Required a lot of presentation of our food and was a very unique type of food. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the type of people that were draw in to eat here.
Pros
Friendly customers, Personable co-workers, Positive work place.
Cons
Long shifts/short breaks
Excellent management
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2015
Start off each morning with a print out of tasks for prep cook to do. Count the tills to make sure that all money is accounted for. Hardest part about the job is making sure that all employees are assigned tasks, and we are ahead for the next shift. Friendly environment.
Pros
Everyone works and communicates well with each other
Cons
Advancements stop at shift manager
Better opportunities exist for you
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 15, 2015
Very laid back environment; hands on owner who cares about his employees and is committed to helping you reach your goals; in California, stores are just beginning to open up, so there's opportunity for growth; very reasonable hours of operations

Lack of structure at the corporate level; weekly distribution struggles with products you need to order not being available; owner is too involved in day to day side of the business, leaving employees wondering whose direction they should be following; bonus structure is a joke for two reasons. One is that there is simply not high enough volumes to justify earning a decent bonus. Two, each bonus structure I've had has been on a quarterly basis, but by the time we've received our goals a month of the quarter has passed and we can only bonus on two months instead of three. By the time you receive said bonus, another month has passed and you still only get two months to earn any bonus on; in California, it's harder to earn a comfortable living, even at the GM level, because sales aren't high enough to award a competitive salary for the position
Pros
Very laid back environment, hands on owner who cares about his employees and is committed to helping you reach your goals, in California stores are just beginning to open up, so there's opportunity for growth, very reasonable hours of operations
Cons
Lack of structure at the corporate level, weekly distribution struggles with products you need to order not being available, owner is too involved in day to day side of the business, bonus structure is a joke for two reasons, One is that there is simply not high enough volumes for a decent bonus, Two each bonus structure I've had has been on a quarterly basis, but by the time we've received our goals a month of the quarter has passed, and we can only bonus on two months instead of three, By the time you receive said bonus another month has passed
met a lot of great people working here
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzMay 3, 2015
Garbanzo mediterranean grill was a great place to work at a typical day included either opening the store which meant having to prep all foods for the day as well as take deposits to the bank place or receive & put away orders as well as a doing inventory once a week to keep food costs down. This also included having the restaurant open on time and getting every customer down the line and eating as soon as possible as well as taking care of any customer problems that came up and preparing catering orders when we had them. The other shift was closing which meant running the restaurant until closing time and cleaning as well as setting up the morning crew so they can just come in and get to work in the morning. I really learned a lot at this job I started as a prepper and eventually worked my way all the way to shift manager.
Good place to have a first job
Front Line/ Baker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 8, 2015
I had a good experience at the beginning of this job, but as I was that I was wanting to move forward, I was limited due to my age. Without being 21, I was not able to move into management and I was stuck as a part time employee.
relaxed and fun
Baker, Front Line Cook, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Irvine, caJuly 9, 2015
This restaurant is fast-casual. On a typical day I will be working on the front line. Tending to either the greet, salad, protein, sauce and cashier station. They replaced our GM quite recently and things run smoothly.
Pros
60% off lunches, relaxed enviroment
Excellent Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Florham ParkFebruary 9, 2015
I enjoy the extensive training that was given to me. The company culture is healthy and up to date. Owner of the company is down to earth and very passionate about food,
Pros
great food
Cons
franchise owners
Great Working Culture
Franchise Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2015
Loved my time at Garbanzo. Great food and folks that think creatively. Fresh made from scratch foods really enable this brand to serve health choices.
Pros
creative thinking work enviorment
Cons
executive management more focused on what they want vs guest
Fast Paced with high volume Casual Service Restaurant
Baker/Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 19, 2015
A solid team worked well in this establishment with a high volume of daily customers and fast paced work. Standards of product are of extreme importance and are kept as a priority.
Great environment and heathy food
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 20, 2014
I loved working for this company. My work days were busy and had their challenges and management was always there to help and keep things in order. I got along with all my co-workers and the customers were always great. What I loved most was that I knew that the food I prepared and served was good and healthy and made from scratch.
Un-stable, un-seasoned company
General Employee (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ColoradoMarch 7, 2012
Its fun at first but the goals are un-reachable with the amount of staff and the management that is in control. They don't take concerns seriously and don't care about you as an employee. Its not a strong company, still very new and it is very obvious they don't really know what they are doing.
Was fun and productive
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 8, 2015
Was fun starting the 4 restaurants in the state but the short sightedness of the company to close the region before it even made it 2 full years was a mistake. Once people where in place who actually cared about the restaurants the company just pulled all funding and support 4 months prior to closing the first restaurant.
Typical
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2014
Typical Fast food chain with typical hours. Typical management. Food is extremely healthy and cleanliness was up to par. However, keeping a minor at work past midnight is not alright.
Shift Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2014
well was not the best. picked favorites and was not at all FAIR!
Fast and Fun work enviroment
Back line Cook (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed everything about working here from the menu all the way to how we cleaned the store. My manager was incredibly fun to be around and to work with.