Garda World Employee Reviews in United States

Hard place to work
Vault Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJune 26, 2016
The work is long hours for little pay or recognition. Benefits are fine but there is no time off and inflexibility to use them.
Manangement sucks and trucks no ac
Armor Car Driver (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 23, 2016
DO NOT WORK HERE! never expect a good job from management, day start early an finish late 10 to 14 hrs days and you won't get paid overtime. management is bad and unfair. you have to wait a full year to even get benefits and if your part time no benefits ever. work trucks are trash and they smell horribly, and 80% of the time A/C won't work so you are literally in an oven being that its a metal box.
Pros
NONE
Cons
no lunch brakes, always hustling
Armed Guard, Crew Leader on night shuttle (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 16, 2016
I enjoyed working as an armed guard on night shift. Great crew and busy work that was fun and interesting. I would recommend to anyone wanting to do something different than a desk job.
10 key/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 14, 2016
Quiet and fast pace enviroment, great leads and managers. Managers are great and take care of buisness and problems.
Fun place to work if it's your passion.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Broadview, ILJune 8, 2016
It's a great experience, but if you want to have surprise mandatory overtime this is the place for you. I absolutely love what I do but because they are so understaffed your there from sun up to sun down. My advice if you have a busy home life, children, or medical problems don't apply.
Pros
Cross train in different departments
Cons
Benefits, Hours, and Travel
Productive and fun unless it's a holiday
Security Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 2, 2016
Typical workday includes helping customers with locating items.
Learned that working in a supermarket is not the hardest thing in the world.
Ok
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHMay 31, 2016
I was considered a temporary employee. It was a good, secure job, but needed to pay its workers more for the work we did. The co-workers were nice and I enjoyed working with them. There as a bonus for being armed.
One of the worst companies anyone could work for
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMay 31, 2016
Every positive review on this site was made either by a shill or a complete imbecile. They will throw you in a beat up junk heap of a truck with no real training and if something turns up amiss you will be guilty until proven innocent. But they won't bother to actually investigate, they will just fire all of you cause you are all expendable. They are unprofessional, untrained, and liars. Run.
Pros
Cons
This company is a con.
BAD job, more risky from the side of condition of vehicle
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 18, 2016
I only worked with this company for about 45days full time. I was all excited when I got the call and how fast management got me into one of those trucks. From even before I started many others started to give me hints and asking me why I was working there...the working conditions were horrible.

Set aside that it is risky because the amount of money you have to transfer from location to location...

The conditions of work environment was what made me quit. Most trucks over 90% were in horrible conditions. Most of them were sent from other states were trucks must meet certain criterias and once they were no longer good to be on the road at those other locations they were sent where they could..in this case to MIAMI.

Lots of them had steering problems, about 10degree loose steering and you could just get over to the next lane and crush another vehicle without even seeing it...happened to me many times.

Rust buquets from the inside out...and cracked windows to a point if you get shot with an AK 47 that bullet would go thorugh crack windows like nothing. Some of the holes that are supposed to be closed from the inside were broken with holes open and only a cardboard was the cover for them vs metal plate.

Blind spots blocked from view of driver by conditions on windows. You can complain and tell management all about it, all they will do is switch you to another truck hoping that will shut you up.

Paywise...not bad, only that they somehow override the FEDERAL law by not paying you overtime a week when you go over 40hrs, only when you work over 50hrs.
Pros
lots of hrs
Cons
overtime starts after 50hrs, truck conditions are horrible to a point you may get into accident easy
It was a unsafe place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 16, 2016
In the morning once you're clocked in you grab your paperwork for your route as your partner is bringing the truck in and doing an inspection on the truck, you're getting all the packages for every stop on your route for the day. I've learned how to become an ATM tech. Management just wasn't there. My co-workers were supportive and you can go to them for majority questions you might've had. the hardest part of the job was watching your own back out in the field but also the most enjoyable was being your own boss out there.
rewarding place to work if you can handle alot of hours, inherent danger involved and no set start and stop time.
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOMay 5, 2016
A normal day is anywhere between 8 to 12 hours.
the management relatively easy going
there is a lot of comradery between other employees
the hardest part is moving boxes and bags of coin
Cons
no set breaks or lunch you work untill you are done however long it takes.
Time consuming
Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2016
As a teller your job is repetitive, you do the same everyday task. You are part of a team but mainly work alone. You are expected to count and make sure you are entering correct accounts.
The worst place to work.
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 2, 2016
I used to work for Garda in the Orlando branch. First at all the pay is is garbage, for a job that your life is in the line all the time. The trucks are in a terrible shape, 95% of the fleet do not complying with the DOT standards. The trucks are all rusty, full of roaches, when is raining the water coming through from everywhere, a total madness. The management is the worst, lack of knowledge, and 0 people oriented and totally careless. The hrs are crazy, and this is due the lack of organization in the company. They gone to make sure that you understand that they don't care about you, is everything about the company profit at all cost, and of course the management bonus too. We'll again if you appreciate your life, this is not the job. And they knew all this is true.
Pros
None.
Cons
All.
Lead Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2016
Learned a lot about the banking world. Good and careing people.. The hardest part of my job is pushing the money in the vault at night.
Need better trucks
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJApril 20, 2016
I only worked with the company for only about a week or two. Now within those weeks i was gambling with my life not cause of the job but the trucks now don't get me wrong i loved the pay and the hours i worked but the vehicles were not to DOT standards most of the trucks i drove was unsafe, so
Armored security
Armored Transport Officer / Armored Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2016
Delivered to several banks and atms, currency. Also transported high value items. Always driving with two other people. I was the truck caption, in charge of the truck and the cargo. I have my conceal weapon to carry.
Pros
Interacting with many other people
Cons
On the road to different states away from family for long period of time
Receive and deposit money in customers account
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Broadview, ILApril 12, 2016
The Worst Job I ever worked for. No hours, no raises, Poor management. No calls off, facility is nasty, no janitor, foul language etc
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun work place
Processing Teller (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYApril 10, 2016
The work day was not bad although there was some days that we were unable to start work on time because there was not enough work or the work did not arrive yet. The management is great, they are always willing to help out whenever we need them. The co-workers are exceptional. I have gained a few very close relationships. The hardest part of the job sometimes is making company goals of the day whether it is how many bags you count or money. The most enjoyable part is being in your own booth, but still being able to talk to other people and have a good time.
Horrible Company and Management
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 9, 2016
Company does not follow policy, policies change everyday depending on how the company feels at that time. The branch managers do not know how to operate the daily operations accordingly. You get talked down to and discriminated against on a daily basis. The trucks do not run properly, you are left broken down on side of the road more hours out of the day than actually doing your assigned job and your well being and safety is not a concern to anyone within the company.
Pros
Cons
everything
ok but not great.
Vault teller (Current Employee) –  West Hempstead, NYApril 9, 2016
Is a ok place to work, however there is not opportunity for growth and the benefits for the employees are not much. The company expect a lot of workers productivity, but they do not rewar employees fairly for the type of work they are performing.