Garda

Garda Employee Reviews

Fast pace, detail sensitive, coworkers are very supportive.
Armed Guard / Messenger (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable place to work, fast pace.
Cons: The trucks are not maintained enough to keep up with the wear and tear on the vehicles.
This job is very fast pace and labor insensitive, I enjoy the job but for me it is very hard on my body. Manager and coworkers are excellent to work with.The pay is a little on the low side for what we do and the risks we take.
fast paced working environment.
Coin Teller (Former Employee), Northlake IlApril 12, 2015
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. Hours were not that great but decent. Management was very knowledgeable and treated employees with respect.
Great experience to learn cash handling
teller (Former Employee), Broadview, ILMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Working with a great team
Cons: health care
This gave me the confidence in cash handling and balancing procedure. work with bank accounts and seeing the function of balancing accounts for a verity of banks.
Great for people young and looking for a physical job
Armored Driver/Messenger, ATM (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 20, 2015
Pros: firearm carry and training in the past
Cons: no lunch breaks and/or any breaks
Good place to work if you are young and energetic. It is a very physical job and keeps you on your toes. It is a great security minded type of job.
Hostile work environment
closing supervisor checking (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 8, 2015
Company doesn't make sure work place is a safe place to work and doesn't resolve hostile work environments but will fire you if you stick up for yourself if you are being bullied by another employee.
Growing culture and diversity
Lead/Management (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Everyday I learn and grow within myself and my company. Self motivation, patience and constant learning helps me be a better leader everyday to my employees and co-workers.
Security
Team Lead (Former Employee), St paul mnJanuary 12, 2015
Carry money all day long and keep it safe. knew a lot of people at each cite, was a very good place to work.
Fun Place to work
Armed Guard (Former Employee), Needham Heights, MADecember 31, 2014
Pros: clients would give you free food, and drinks, better paid then other companies
Cons: poor management, long days from 5 am to sometimes midnight depending on the time of year.
Getting up early to beat the traffic and start the day by loading up the truck after punching in. Then planning your day and route for the day. Get back and unload the truck and check out. I enjoyed meeting new people and traveling, seeing new things and places. Hardest part of the job was the long days, 7 days a week, barely days off, really hard to get days off during the week to pay bills or rent, or do the essentials of daily life. Mangement was the absolutely worse part of the job, you missed one day theyd fire you, plus the trucks were always breaking down and there was no heat or a/c in the summer. Many co-workers would pass out and get taken out of the truck by ambulance, that being scary since they are armed and carrying a lot of money. Very hard work, but I found enjoyable since I love traveling. Just management was really disappointing.
Total Chaos!
Armed Driver/Messenger (Former Employee), Durham, NCNovember 27, 2014
Pros: great employees !!
Cons: trucks falling apart, long hard hours, very poor management, high heath care costs, very litte if any type of training!
If your scheduled to start work at 6 am, you will stand around doing nothing for a good half hour to an hour or more. No one knows what they are doing in regards to Scheduling, Loading Trucks and Managing the Employees!
If you have a family don't count on being home. Your on the trucks anywhere from 12 to 17 hours per. day. Its not uncommon to start work at 6 AM and get off at Midnight.
This is a dangerous job as it is!! When you have trucks that are falling apart, employees that drive for 12 hours or more a day, doors that pop open when your driving 65 MPH, trucks that can't do more than 45 MPH on the highway and have no working gauges, wheels that fall off the trucks, plus a host of other problems! This is not a place that you would want to work if you value your LIFE!!
Different
Vault Teller (Former Employee), Broadview, ILOctober 29, 2014
Process deposits in accordance with specified customer requirements while under constant camera coverage. We maintain satisfactory job performance defined by the Garda Cash Vault Procedures & Responsibilities for tellers.
No fair treatment
Client Support Representative (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 22, 2014
Pros: employee recognition
Cons: too much work very little pay
The work environment is very disorganized, we agents always needed to get our information from other departments in order to take care of our clients and if the department did not provide the information on time it was our fault. No fair treatment. The supervisor does not know what he's doing, he would never review your work before assuming you processed the work wrong. The co-workers super ghetto. Enter at your own risk, the work load is way to much for the little pay.
good job
Armored Service Technician (Former Employee), Richardson, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: campaign was to short
Cons: leaving
job was cool and i love the perks and the hours and the people loved the hours
Inconsiderate
Vault Specialist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2014
This company was not very diverse. They do not work with your schedule and if you try to advance to quickly they will let you go.
unorganized
Vault Clerk (Former Employee), Bowie, MDOctober 14, 2014
Unstable work environment. The management there wasn't to great or pleasant.
Driving an armored truck.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: the benefits and pay were very good.
Cons: the trucks were very old.
Driving an armored truck. And worked as a messenger.

How to drive an armored truck.

Management was alright.

I had no issues with my co-worker. everyone worked as a team.

The armored truck were very old and needed a lot of maintenance .

The pay was good. And I meet some good people.
Great Working Enviroment
ARMED VAULT MANAGER (Former Employee), Bowie, MDAugust 13, 2014
Pros: weekends off and great pay, fun workplace
Cons: great benifits
This was one of my most stressful jobs dealing with large sums of money I was a night vault manager so i had to multi-task obsereve my employees watch over all accounted money that i signed for throughout the night. Answered to emails incoming request last minute orders. All in the above it was a great company to work for overrall
I handle all cash delivery and make stops daily
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 8, 2014
Pros: no free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Friday was my typical day
I learn technology
different management skills
I have good comunications wtih cowworkers
driving all day long
the most part of the job was achieving my daily task
Great
Truck Driver / Messenger in Transport Armor Car (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch on high volume days
Cons: great benefits
A very fast pace enviroment. Wonderful co workers AND SUPERVISORS.
Well organized company to be apart of.
Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee), Macon, GAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and management.
Cons: very hot working conditions.
A typical day involves morning preparation and driving from city to city. I learned how to use air brakes and be very alert.
Complete the route
Armored Security Technician-Crew Leader (Former Employee), Bowie, MDJuly 28, 2014
Best part of the day would be completing the route before 3 pm.

1 2 3 4