Garda Employee Reviews

Work Review
Crew Leader/Armed Messenger (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAFebruary 4, 2016
Not a bad place to work if you don't mind never knowing when you will be getting home each night. The over all up keep of the work trucks is poor and so is much of the equipment that is used by the messenger/drivers
Pros
Get paid per hour, the company pays for your Act 235 certification class
Cons
benefits, work trucks
most unorganized company i have ever seen.
Cash Vault Teller (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 31, 2016
not a good company to work for. corporate seems to have no idea how to conduct business. no room for advancement, so i am looking for a better company to work with.
Can be diverse
Image Processor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 15, 2016
Before I started working here I didnt think of what happen to the checks or the earnings that the stores got went but oh boy did I find out. You learned a lot of what happens behind the scenes and learned some skills that may be required by a bank of accounting.
Pros
good benefits and flexible work schedule
Cons
Short lucnh
Garda
Armored Car Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 20, 2015
I would begin my day with a thorough inspection of our vehicle. We would load our trucks with deliveries for the day. We would review our routes. We would sign or and receive our liabilities.
benefits
Cons
no set end time
Management dissappointed me this company.
Messenger/driver (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 20, 2015
When I first started Garda, it was good. Then I started see management's true colors on how they were in the company. Some co-workers were fun to work with and others not so much. It got more tiring protecting our customers property instead of more on the people's safety. That's why I moved on with this company to focus on protecting people's safety more. It was and still a better experience for me.
Pros
Met SOME good people out of this job
Cons
I did NOT like management.
Fast paced work place
Cash Processor (Former Employee) –  Folcroft, PAAugust 18, 2015
Strong attention to detail is need with this position. Must be able to count large sums of money accurately. Must be able to run money counter machine.
Fun workplace. Everyone got along
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work for me was answering call, Also dispatching trucks to where they needed to go. I learned from this job how to juggle multiple things at once. My co-workrers were pretty good to get along with. The hardest part of my job was answering to rude customers, but i learned that that's going to happen at any job. What i loved about this job was everyone got along.
Pros
you can get a break when ever you felt like getting one.
Cons
Some people don't get treated equal to others.
High paced work environment.
Lead Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILAugust 12, 2015
High paced work environment. One will never be bored working here always plenty of work to make your day fly by. This company keeps changing hands with management. No stability here unfortunately.
it's a job
ATM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2015
Overall Garda isn't a bad place to work. The pay is pretty good and that's pretty much the only thing that makes it to work here. I just won't be moving up any further than my position.
Not good
Driver/Guard; PM Vault Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 11, 2015
I would not recommend working at Garda. The branch I worked at in particular had lots of issues that did not seemed to be addressed by the company, which made for lousy working conditions
I do not suggest working here.
Cash Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJune 29, 2015
Management is not helpful at all. There is no training, everything is learned as you go and mistakes are not realized until you are being reprimanded for them.
ok place
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 11, 2015
like any job it has its days where it is a good place to work I met some good friends working at here. I learner about team work and muti-tasking management is very friendly, I get along with my co-workers its like we are a little family the hardest part of the job there is none
Pros
good people work here
Cons
dirty
Fast pace, detail sensitive, coworkers are very supportive.
Armed Guard / Messenger (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYApril 22, 2015
This job is very fast pace and labor insensitive, I enjoy the job but for me it is very hard on my body. Manager and coworkers are excellent to work with.The pay is a little on the low side for what we do and the risks we take.
Pros
Enjoyable place to work, fast pace.
Cons
The trucks are not maintained enough to keep up with the wear and tear on the vehicles.
fast paced working environment.
Coin Teller (Former Employee) –  Northlake IlApril 12, 2015
I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. Hours were not that great but decent. Management was very knowledgeable and treated employees with respect.
Great experience to learn cash handling
teller (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILMarch 30, 2015
This gave me the confidence in cash handling and balancing procedure. work with bank accounts and seeing the function of balancing accounts for a verity of banks.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
health care
Great for people young and looking for a physical job
Armored Driver/Messenger, ATM (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 20, 2015
Good place to work if you are young and energetic. It is a very physical job and keeps you on your toes. It is a great security minded type of job.
Pros
firearm carry and training in the past
Cons
no lunch breaks and/or any breaks
Hostile work environment
closing supervisor checking (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMarch 8, 2015
Company doesn't make sure work place is a safe place to work and doesn't resolve hostile work environments but will fire you if you stick up for yourself if you are being bullied by another employee.
Growing culture and diversity
Lead/Management (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2015
Everyday I learn and grow within myself and my company. Self motivation, patience and constant learning helps me be a better leader everyday to my employees and co-workers.
Security
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  St paul mnJanuary 12, 2015
Carry money all day long and keep it safe. knew a lot of people at each cite, was a very good place to work.
Fun Place to work
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Needham Heights, MADecember 31, 2014
Getting up early to beat the traffic and start the day by loading up the truck after punching in. Then planning your day and route for the day. Get back and unload the truck and check out. I enjoyed meeting new people and traveling, seeing new things and places. Hardest part of the job was the long days, 7 days a week, barely days off, really hard to get days off during the week to pay bills or rent, or do the essentials of daily life. Mangement was the absolutely worse part of the job, you missed one day theyd fire you, plus the trucks were always breaking down and there was no heat or a/c in the summer. Many co-workers would pass out and get taken out of the truck by ambulance, that being scary since they are armed and carrying a lot of money. Very hard work, but I found enjoyable since I love traveling. Just management was really disappointing.
Pros
clients would give you free food, and drinks, better paid then other companies
Cons
poor management, long days from 5 am to sometimes midnight depending on the time of year.