GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
I liked it
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2017
work hour were long but other then that the job was cool and fun. Didn't like how many hours I was working a day because I was getting fat. So I had to leave before I too big. Now that I'm in much better shape I wouldn't mind going back. like I said it was fun.
Cool people
Driver/Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2017
It was a cool place I loved some of my co workers the only problem was that they were under staffed so some people had to do more work then others and i got tired of it
Don't apply if you don't have to.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILSeptember 18, 2017
Poor management skills. High turn over rate, always under staffed. Over work their employees. Policies suck. Concerned more about productions than employees.
Pros
decent pay
N/a
Processing Teller (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2017
Typical day starts out wondering what mood the two "leads" and the supervisor will be in. Most of the time you are spoken to like trash or outright ignored due to the management's/leads attitudes/moods.
Its a paycheck
Security Driver (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 12, 2017
I worked many long days in trucks that were not really worthy to be on the road. Summer time has been difficult as most of the trucks ac units break down often. We are left in the truck with no ac and no windows for airflow and it gets extremely hot. They put you in this type of situation (going crazy from over heating) and in a congested area and tell you not to hit anything. A lot of issues with hrs...you could get an abundance of hrs or then hardly any hrs at all (you are supposed to be guaranteed 40 a week. I did have a good supervisor (no comment on the others) and he was easy to approach and talk to about my concerns.
great place to work if you like a fast paced security job.
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 12, 2017
I loved working there. I am trying to go back there while i'm taking classes. I loved going to work. I love driving and wearing a vest and carrying a gun so Its a great job if you like doing all that.
Pros
great group of co-workers.
Cons
heavy loads of coins to carry sometimes.
Not a great place to work
Pre Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary Place, GASeptember 7, 2017
Didnt enjoy working theere. The ppay is okay for a student the management is ridiculous tthey dont care about the employees just about themselves. i made good money.
Bad management, no life, hard work, bad truck conditions
Messenger (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2017
Nothing was up to standards and management is the worse. Youll get no good days off and they will be split. Also work 10+ hour days never knowing exactly when u will go home. Be ready for work on top of work with little personal life balance
very cheap company
Security Enforcement Officer (Armed) (Former Employee) –  Needham, MASeptember 6, 2017
decent job, okay pay if u work part time or in the warehouse. no job security and some polices need to be reviewed. I would consider working there again if the pay increased
Not a great place
Armored truck mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 4, 2017
I was the most liked and hated man in one company.
I was hired to open a new shop where one did not exist.
I set it all up, started making repairs, drivers loved me,
Because trucks were usually sent to private shops and did shardy work. Then one day I get a boss younger than me with no diesel experience. next thing I know I work in 2 locations, on 24 hours a day. Too overwhelming. too many bosses.
Pros
seperate entrance
Cons
always being watched like a criminal.
Very stressful company
Driver/Guard (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 2, 2017
Don't go to work here. They will suck the life out of you and management does not know how to talk to you in a respectful manner. The trucks they have are out of date with expired tags and expect you to work in the summer months without A/C
A peaceful place to work in
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
A typical day at work would be go through security , change into a uniform, check your schedule get all your deposits from your account, I had Speedway account. make deposits , balance, and clean after yourself in the work area.

The only hard part about this job was if you had to leave your work area and or step out for lunch or bathroom break you had to go through security every time. a lot of security.

The most enjoyable part of this job was that it was a very good and friendly environment, every one had their own station so it was very peaceful.
Pros
Fast pase job so time went by fast
Lame, never work here.
Armed Messenger/ Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Management and Mechanics dont care about your safety. This is supposed to be an armored truck that we carry millions of dollars on and supposed to be safe. This was not the case. Trucks were the worst I have ever seen and you could easily get shot while on duty because the doors swing right open and trucks break down. During the summer none of the trucks have AC, so its ridiculously hot because none of the windows rolls down and you have to keep doors shut. Manager was a little punk cholo who thought he was a thug, he was a skinny country mexican kid who sold cocaine on the side. Do not ever work at this place. Bad management, terrible mechanics and co-workers that do all sorts of drugs while delivering money.
Pros
N/a
Cons
everything and all that has to do with this "business"
great employees
Cash Vault Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAAugust 31, 2017
The employees I work with on a daily basis are fantastic. I learned about how this industry operates I agree with some of the upper managements decisions; however there were some I disagreed with.
Terrible Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2017
Dont waste your time. The management is unethical. They have stripped envy benefit they can from their employees. Employees pay the entire cost of their health care. No matching 401k and on and on and on.
Pros
There are none
Cons
too many to list
okay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJAugust 30, 2017
its okay place to gain money experience lot of over time hours low pay poor management no opportunity to get promoted no heat or air conditioning dont really get help from supervisors
Pros
lazy people poor management
Cons
vacation paid medical insurance
Fast paced but unorganized
Cash Processor (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJAugust 29, 2017
A typical day at GardaWorld can be fast-paced but can sometimes get hectic. On certain days such as Monday, the work load can be heavier than others. The hardest part of being at GardaWorld is dealing with management and their lack of communication. Things can be very unorganized which can cause problems on any shft.
Pros
Hour lunch, free time when the work is finished.
Cons
Management, taxes
Fast paced workplace, yet laid back environment
reciever/teller (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 29, 2017
A typical day for me at work would begin very fast paced by scanning in work to be processed. The most difficult part of my job is doing research, I enjoy working with people of different cultures.
Not a good place to work
Vault & Security Supervisor,Crew Leader/Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2017
Very dangerous job for very low pay and a whole lot of stress. Upper management didn't,t really care about anything except getting the route done. A lot of days you drove the truck without any air or ac no matter what the temp outside.
Pros
got to carry my sidearm
Cons
Company didnt care for you whatso ever
Friendly atmosphere in Wilmington De.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 29, 2017
Garda management was flexible and understanding as it related to the family and work life balance.

Be it management or rank and file,those individuals that I worked alongside either in Delaware or from across the country, were true team players as the nature of the business required meeting many deadlines that occurred daily weekly, and monthly.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours, starting and ending times were not etched in stone, Good honest working peers.
Cons
Comapny matching 401k contributions were discontinued more than 5 years ago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9