GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Diesel Fleet Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 25, 2017
Great place to work. Great pay with benefits. There is still more room for growth for the company. More trainings and promotions would be good. Overall a good place to work.
depressing work enviorment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2017
There is a huge lake of training. You basically are thrown into the job and expected to learn on the go.The orientation comprised of reading a few papers and answering questions. There is a very high volume of overturn which tells you that they cannot keep employees because of the lack of pay and benefits. I would not recommend anyone working here unless you are desperate.
Pros
Cons
pay and benefits, lack of adequate training
Great co-workers for the most part.
Armored Messenger/Driver (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93701April 20, 2017
Opportunities to advance rather quickly but your position is not promised. Trucks broke down regularly and in the summer do not count on A/C. Temp in trucks easily exceeded 105. Management will not take ideas from anyone no matter how long you have been with the company. Professionals at putting band-aids on gunshot wounds. Huge problems got very small and temporary solutions.
Pros
Being your own boss for the most part of the day.
Cons
Management, equipment, pay.
Fun job but company is going down hill
Cash Vault Teller II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 20, 2017
We are loosing clients and the work has slowed down so much that my hours keep getting cut. Also when they hired me they told me there are no chances of getting a raise later on.
Loved it until...
Armed Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAApril 19, 2017
I loved working here. The people weren't the best, but I wasn't there for friends. Just work I had there backs they had mine. Once I got injured due to a vehicle accident, they quickly got rid of me. I performed te best of my abilities here and management did not care one bit. Want the experience? okay. Want long hours? Recommended. Want an 8 hour gig? Nope. want a ompany that cares? Keep looking. To each their own. I loved it and minded my own. Just depends what your looking for.
Pros
Long hours, fast pased, good experience.
Cons
Management, no breaks, scheduling.
Good place
Driver, messenger (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 14, 2017
Great place to work. Good management. We are able to stop on route to get food, and use the rest rooms. The heaters and ac in the trucks worked fine. They had oil and air for the truck tires.
Pros
trucks in good shape
Cons
they did not have any spare oil caps.
the hardest part of the job
Teller Processor (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 11, 2017
this job is stressful, boring, you have to stand all day, you get a lot of back pain. The supervisor has no education, she does know how to talk to her employees.
every day different
Messenger/Driver (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 8, 2017
If you don't mind longer days, this job is not too bad. I've enjoyed it. The management that I've come in contact are great. Each day is different.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
wages/long days
Busy work for employees who like 12 hour days
Armed Messenger (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 5, 2017
Be prepared to work long hours while constantly trying to avoid going over. Routes are easy day to day routine. Customers are usually patient. Not a bad job but management needs improvement.
Pros
Carry a gun. Money. Armored truck
Cons
It is a foot in the door type of job
Crew Lead Messenger (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMarch 31, 2017
This job will give you a paycheck. The hours are unpredictable. Depending on who your manager is, you're going to feel like youre being screwed over. The trucks upkeep is terrible. Something going wrong with your truck will make a good 8-10 hour day to possibly a 16 -18 hour day. And then wake up and do it all over again. Bank tellers and grocery bookkeepers probably make more than all of us and we are the ones to risk our life for this stuff. Overall this company does not care about you. You will meet some good guys, and have a steady paycheck. But if you plan on having a life. Don't apply.
The job itself is great
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 29, 2017
The job itself is great, but management is inexperienced so it doesn't run smoothly anymore. As long as you can figure out solutions in a timely manner and like strict deadlines, this is a great place to work for.
Pros
The faster you work the shorter your day
Cons
No breaks or lunches
Great pay
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 28, 2017
Life on the line every day work 7 days a week benefits was good pay was great management was cool some long days some short days paid every 2 weeks carry a gun working around money all day in u meet a lot of people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
How we never got robbed, I don't know.
Armed Courier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 26, 2017
Good co-workers, usually. Heavy lifting,rusted trucks, provide your own firearms and ammunition. Power crazed management. Lots of hours, 50+ a week, overtime starts at the 50th hour. Management just doesn't care about it's employees safety or well being. Go work at Brinks or somewhere else, not here.
Pros
The people.
Cons
Everything.
Good Job
Teller Processer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 26, 2017
Very relaxed atmosphere, comfortable dress code, standing a lot. Confidential place to work at, your responsible for your own work the majority of time.
Pros
Self sufficient job.
Cons
Wages
horrible place to work with horrible management!
Armed Guard/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 25, 2017
DONT WORK HERE... i believe thats all that you need to know.
Horrible work environment, horrible coworkers, horrible management!
Run while you can from this company!
horrible
Premises Guard (Former Employee) –  Folcroft, PAMarch 21, 2017
worked all different schedules, learned nothing,no respect for their employees, over worked, during interview gave me job duties, but when I started, it was way more involved.
Pros
Cons
bad company
JP Morgan Chase is a company that works to make a profit at all times.
Floating Teller (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHMarch 20, 2017
My day at this job was very active, it could change at any given day.
The only problem I truly encountered was the immediate management team. If you rocked the boat by saying any problem that you saw, such as some one not following procedures and they were close to management you were blocked from promotion.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Managemetn
never the same thing everyday
Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 15, 2017
very good place to work for. you get to travel a little bit each and it is good job stability. you can also learn a lot if you are hired and haven't done such work before.
Pros
job stability
Cons
expensive benefits
Good job if you can get past the awful management
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 13, 2017
I spent a little over two years working here until some personal issues can up and I had to leave mainly because of issues that came up with management
Pros
Fairly easy and simple job to handle
Cons
Poor management and very inconsistent hours and little room for advancement
Worse place I ever worked
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
I worked for Garda for almost 2 years...They do not care about you. Very long hours 12-17hr days. I would often tell people if they want no life this is the perfect job then...Management is the absolute worse, He was never there and was always late. They will hire anybody with a pulse just to have someone in the truck.My advice run far away from this company!!
Pros
Cons
You will have no life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9