GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Awful
Messenger/Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 26, 2017
Terrible job conditions, long hours, trucks are always breaking no A/C. Some days you would be working up to 15 hours, you can expect a 60 hour work week easily.
Pros
Cons
pay, work-life balance, no room to move up
A place that doesn't pay enough to risk your life for.
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Runnemede, NJJune 26, 2017
Garda world is a company that needs bodies to work. It's not a career type of place. It's just another job. Yes, you need a bullet proof vest & gun to work for the company but you're basically driving around millions of dollars for $13hr with the risk of people trying to rob you. The trucks provide are also in bad enough condition where some might think to themselves, "I can take it."
Pros
You'll be schedule based off your availability
Cons
Pay, benefits
Transport
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILJune 23, 2017
There is much room for improvement with in the management staff. but a good way to get your self ready for a career in law enforcement of safety. Every day is a fun day
Pros
experiance
Cons
pay
Not a good place to work
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 21, 2017
A day required picking up and making deliveries of customer's liabilities. I learned to be very aware of my surroundings over the 10+ years that I spent there. The immediate management was good however top level management did not ensure employee safety. The hardest part of the job was the sub-par conditions of the trucks we spent all day in. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you interact with on a daily basis.
Pros
Employed for a long time
Cons
Trucks in dire need of repair
It was a good job, I was an employee who followed the rules
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working there, the only issue I had was with the new manager because he made it impossible to make every stop due to time constraints. I tried very hard to make my stops.
Garda
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJune 14, 2017
Garda is a larger currency transport company. The hours are long and the risk vs reward is very low. The employees I worked with were all good people and my manager was an amazing person but the company itself doesn't seem to care about compensating their employees for the risk of the industry
A job opportunity to be able to support my family.
Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 13, 2017
Typical day completing route schedule. Learned to be alert, serve and protect. Management poor, every year a different manager. Difficult getting someone on the line for support. Work place was normal. Hardest part of job was the danger of being assaulted. Making it back home safe after a hard day was most enjoyable.
Cons
Not getting paid time in a half after 40 hours.
Work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJune 13, 2017
Manage ATMS
Claims
Work life balance is good
No funds for business needs
its a job
pays the bills
Would l ike more upward mobility
Would like to feel challenged
OK work place but needs new equipment
Vault Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 12, 2017
Poor equipment
Needs better management
Good people to work with.
Room to make money but you need to be there for a long time.
No room for complainers in this job
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Poor equipment
Not a good place to work
Processing Teller (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 8, 2017
The management team needs improvement. Some managers are unprofessional. They overwork people for low wages and expect everything done in a timely manner even if people call out. People are expected to work extra when people call out. We have been expecting raises since last year. Work flow is unpredictable due to trucks coming in late sometimes.
Pros
free donuts instead of raises
Cons
everything
awful place to work.... very dirty, mmmmmm
Branch Owner Cash Vault Services (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 6, 2017
Awful place to work. Its very dirty no pay increases security is terrible. No support no communication no supplies to perform your job. constant lies......work here at your own risk. mmmmm
Pros
none. none
Cons
everything...... everything
Fast pace productive work environment
Audit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Folcroft, PAJune 6, 2017
Work load will keep you proactive and focused. Must be sure to stay organized and manage work load for accurate results. Great place to gain experience in the banking industry. Management needs improvement.
hard work
Armed Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Halethorpe, MDJune 4, 2017
Hard work pays off at the end of each day Communication and being safe always be aware of your surroundings at all time Going home safe in sound is the key to hard work
Productive work place
Messenger/Driver/Vault Inventory Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2017
Nice place to work I did it for nine years, I even transfer from another
branch. It was an easy process to do just had to fill out some paperwork and make sure they had a position for me
Great people to work with except the lying managers
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 1, 2017
The trucks always break down , managers send you on the road with trucks with no ac and flat tires also the doors pop open out of nowhere. Bad management liers . Promise to many things and come thru with 1 percent out of one hundred. They work you to the edge. management expects you to run drive fast . Never satisfied. Your just a number at garda fresno not an employee. Company doesn't pay overtime or breaks. Be ready to be In A truck that reaches 125 degrees inside. At the end of the day is all business for the managers . If you have an accident because of a bad truck , it will still be your fault. I work in a post office love it here . Garda fresno managers required too much from its employees. Bad trucks no ac no good management.
Pros
Good coworkers other than the managers to work with
Cons
Managers lie to you a lot treat you like kindergarten kids
Great place to work, depends on which branch
Armed Guard/Armored Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 31, 2017
Great place to work depending on the branch managers. The trucks do break down and are hot in the summer, but there's always easy hours to be made. Management where i worked really took care of us and treated us like a family.
Good company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 28, 2017
Great atmosphere, management is on top of everything. Get to carry a gun and work with lots of money. Pay no so good for protecting lots of money. Coworkers are great!
Pros
Carry a gun
Cons
The pay
Jumper
Commissioned through City (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 24, 2017
Commissioned through City of New Orleans to carry firearm. Filled ATM machines, shut down and repaired ATM machines, pickup and drop-offs to major banks and stores.
Strictly productive
Vault Clerk Teller (Former Employee) –  Broadview, ILMay 23, 2017
A typical day at work can be overwhelming. I did learn how stores and banks deal with there income using a third party source.Management don't care about nothing but the job itself. The workplace culture is fair. the hardest part of the job is dealing with money, you have to be very careful when it comes down to transferring the money and sending it out.
Long Days
Driver/Messenger (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMay 22, 2017
your very underpaid for the work you do. Long days and hours. It is impossible to have a life with this job. it is very time consuming. the working conditions are in humane.
Pros
Paid Lunch
Cons
No AC in the trucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9