Garden City Hospital Employee Reviews

CST (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MINovember 25, 2017
Not a good review hospital doesn't recognize certification gave bonus to certain certifications, not my title
Ongoing changes, changing of staff getting rid of positions, etc.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great community hospital
Unit Secretary - Rehabilitation Unit (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MINovember 19, 2017
Garden City hospital is an excellent place to work .The team work is outstanding.The Management is always supportive The best part of working here is the people.Garden City has a culture of diversity and team work.Always providing training and support to the team.As an employee we are always treated with dignity and respect.It is so nice to be viewed as a professional. A typical day is 12 hours of patient care and customer service.Garden city excels at customer service and continually provides inservices and feed back.Safety of team members is a top priority.The most enjoyable part of my job is customer service ,assisting patients and their families.
Pros
Free lunches
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MINovember 16, 2017
Garden City Hospital has been a very nice place to work. I have been trained to work in many areas of my department, so when one area is slow I can fill in and help other areas that are not slow. I work very closely with the physicians in my area.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lack of coverage for myself. No one to cover my time off
Small hospital. People know each other.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MINovember 7, 2017
For many years Garden City Hospital was a very pleasant place to work. Co-workers were just like family. Changes always come when one company is bought out by another. Some of these changes are good, while others are not. During the change in management life became very stressful. a person did not know if he/she would still have a job when he/she arrived to work
stressful
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIOctober 30, 2017
coworkers are great, management to be desired. Big turnover, sad to see, loosing some very good and used to be dedicated employees. No room for growth.
I was set up and fired
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIOctober 28, 2017
My COWORKERS didn't like me and I didn't like them either. My supervisor was a total IDIOT who lied from the get go. My co worker who worked next to me told all kinds of lies on my character.
Pros
Health, vision, dental, 401k, and life insurance
Cons
Everything else
loved my co workers but very unsafe environment to work at!
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIOctober 15, 2017
Co workers are outstanding but there is no protection in place for the ER staff. There are no metal detectors, and the hospital down staffed their security officers to only two for the entire hospital on the night shift. The Hospital cares more about money and getting good ratings rather than concerns for their staff and their safety.
Cons
no metal detectors in the ER and I felt extremely unsafe.
Great medical experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIOctober 8, 2017
learned how to type HPI's, and assist with various medical procedures Great experience over all. Hardest part of the job was seeing some of the cases people suffered from. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet these people and holding their hand through their experience.
Challenging and fast paced atmosphere
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MISeptember 26, 2017
In a typical day at Garden City Hospital, you would encounter many different situations. I dealt with patients complaints, nurse's orders, caring for patients, at times cleaning up the worse messes imaginable.
I enjoy helping people, whether cleaning and sanitizing their room as a housekeeper, to helping them recover after surgery as a nurse's aide.
Pros
Satisfaction of knowing a clean room will help in recovery
Gch
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MISeptember 12, 2017
I was asked to leave due to a high risk pregnancy they did not want to listen to their own doctor that put me on light duties. A company should not be able to do this I was able to preform my job but just was not able to lift anything over 5 pounds, whats over 5 pounds cleaning rooms?
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
average
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MISeptember 3, 2017
Different management throughout my work experience. Loss of staffnot good. Higher management not responding well and making bad decisions in regards to letting go of overstaffed in certain aareas
Going downhill
Technical Partner (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIJuly 26, 2017
Low patient census, lower compensation than most other hospitals. The place just isn't what it used to be. They lay off workers just to re-hire more, or they lay off too many and end up leaving units short staffed.
the recent take over made for an unpleasant work environment
Operating Room Assistant (Current Employee) –  operating room staff Pre-Op Post-Op Pre-admissionJuly 13, 2017
constant re-evaluation of previous statements to the work force, no commitment to current staff, constant fear of losing ones job.
Lack of supervision in all surgical departments
Garden City Hospital
Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIJuly 5, 2017
Great work environment and awesome co-workers. Managentment is very knowledgeable and willing to help you succeed, currently the only thing this position lacks is advancement oppurtunites.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIJune 22, 2017
Fellow employees were the best part of the job. Upper management and CEO seemed disconnected with employees at ground level. Not the best hospital I've been to in terms of up-to-date technology.
Cons
not enough hours
productive
Patient Care Assistant (Labor and Delivery) (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIJune 20, 2017
Working at Garden City hospital was different. I only worked one day for 12 hours. I had learned so many things while working in the medical field for a short period of time.
Gch-ed
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIJune 15, 2017
VERY Unsafe for all staff and patients. The majority of hospital security are geriatric and due to budget cuts, security has been cut. The majority of the patients are either drunk, high, or psychiatric. These patients tend to be combative and require physical and chemical restraint. As of now, we have two security officers on staff. Only two!
Very stressful
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 22, 2017
Was very happy working at this hospital until Prime Health Care purchased them. Since i worked directly with patients on a daily basis many of them feel the same way. It's too bad Primes's main objective is making money by eliminating jobs from dedicated, hard working employees. Little do they know every employee goes far and beyond their normal duties. These job eliminations do not help our customer service or patient care. It just creates more stressful situations and lower employee morale.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Prime Health Care and all management
Better off working at McDonalds
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 10, 2017
I worked here for a few months and had to quit due to moral reasons. They staff is not properly trained on the extensive exams they are required to preform. This department is so poorly run, the lead tech does not know much about ultrasound. No hygiene requirements for staff, which is very unpleasant to work around. This place is a lawsuit waiting to happen. Don't bother complaining to management, they do not care and nothing will change.
Pros
parking
great people to work with, bad hospital wide management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Garden City, MIMay 2, 2017
I love the patients and my coworkers. wonderful nursing staff. the management turn over is high and the company in general no longer cares for its employees
Pros
coworkers
Cons
management