Garden City Hospital

Garden City Hospital Employer Reviews

I enjoy the patients alot.
Technical Partner (Current Employee), Garden City, MIAugust 25, 2014
Pros: getting to meet so many different types of patients
Cons: not getting a chance to take a break sometimes
The experience of working with patients is amazing. I have found out that their are so many different kinds of people in this world. I also have seen that people really can get better even if they are really sick and i've seen it happen many times.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee), Garden City, MIJuly 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee and tea.
Cons: no pay raise in seven years.
I felt like we were a family. Our benefits were awesome. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that my work could save someone's life.The hardest part of my job was working short staffed.
My day started out with doing reagent and equipment qc. Then I handled all the specimen that came in.
It has been an awesome 30+ years.
Pharmacy Purchasing Agent (Current Employee), Garden City, MIJuly 21, 2014
Garden City Hospital has been purchased by Prime Healthcare.
We will be going from 1200 down to 800 employees.
Great place to work, fast paced
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Garden City, MIJune 26, 2014
Daily I handle specific accounts, post journal entries to the general ledger, responsible for handling all fixed assets for the hospital, prepaids for the hospital. Help with financial reports monthly, statistical resports monthly to the board of directors/CEO/CFO/Directors of various departments. Strong excel knowledge.
Garden City Hospital
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Garden City, MIJune 1, 2014
Pros: meet new people daily
Cons: was not able to get lighter duties when the doctor request this as a medical reason.
Cleaned patient rooms.

Nothing.

Management was nice.

Co-workers was nice as well.

There was no hard part to this job.

Meeting new people.
Very informative
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, MIDecember 19, 2013
Pros: great employees
Cons: very busy
Management was very nice
Learned something new everyday
Employees were very helpful
Hardest part is the safety patients
horrible place to work
Medical Technologist(Generalist)(ASCP) (Former Employee), Garden City, MIDecember 6, 2013
garden city hospital is very dirty, and the people that work their are not very committed to patient care which is very unfortunate. The doctors are not very good and could care less about what happens to their pateints.
In overall an atmosphere that is a combination of good team work and cooperation amongst staff members to achieve best results for the patients.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Garden City MINovember 20, 2013
Great coworkers who work as a team to achieve best results and care for the clients.
As a nursing student, I continue to learn that teamwork is key to take care of clients.
Hardest part of the job, which is also a reward to me was getting good or positive results for the client.
Best part of the job is achieving better health for the clients each and – more... every day till discharge. – less
Keep trying
Nurse (Former Employee), Garden City HospitalNovember 3, 2013
Pros: cafeteria is good, community involvment is good
Cons: poor performance is tolerated.
Working here I thought I could make a difference. The opportunity for advancement is great, and you will learn a lot working here; however, there are some problems with values. Employees that have problems within the system are not disciplined, nor do the behaviors change. It can be a very hostile working environment in some of the departments. There – more... is some longevity with some of the staff, which can be good as the staff are like family; however, change is not readily accepted here. This may be due to the fact that this hospital is not associated or affiliated closely with any university. Change takes a long time. Education is encouraged; however there are no incentives or assistance with education. There seems to be a frequent higher administration change also. Sometimes equipment is outdated which leads to shortages and frustration on some departments. – less
Garden City
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Garden City, MIOctober 6, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of opening my office and quickly and efficiently greeting each patient, registering and ordering blood work. Drawing blood from patients and properly handling specimens for all testing to be done per Doctors orders. I have learned a great deal from working at Garden City Hospital . I am very great full for the opportunity – more... they have given me. I have decided to look for new opportunities due to lack of full time hours and lack of financial composition. – less
Evolving health care company with a family type atmosphere
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Garden City, MISeptember 19, 2013
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Basic treatment assignments to ventilator icu assignments each involving critical thinking and decision making. Most recently managements involvment in educational development.Friendly staff and customers.
teaching hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Garden City, MISeptember 11, 2013
Pros: excellent co workers
Cons: working weekends
It's a great place to get started in your nursing career, everyone is willing to help, friendly environment, unit manager could be more "hands on" but is new to her role.
very busy work pace.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Garden City MiAugust 19, 2013
Cons: short breaks
Very busy from start to finish. Learned how to clean hospital rooms and surgical room properly. Most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace and the patients.
Love to help people
Tech Partener (Current Employee), Garden City, MIAugust 15, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no raises
Taking care of pt and trying to take care of all their needs. I work in the cancer unit and I lost a child to cancer so this means a lot to me to help others.
A place to learn.
OB Surgical Technician (Former Employee), Garden City, MIJuly 31, 2013
Pros: good teaching hospital.
This is a great starter hospital when graduating from school. A stepping stone to learning more things.
Fun workplace
CST (Former Employee), Garden City, MIJuly 29, 2013
A very good hospital with very good staff. A pleasant place to work. The food is very good.
working available hours
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Garden City, MIApril 8, 2013
Pros: kudos for working extra hours and bonuses
Cons: 45 minute drive in the winter
I worked at Garden City for a short time. I was hired to work as needed. I have to resign due to more demands at Providence Park Hospital. The hardest part of my job was learning their system. Working two different hospitals at the same time with different systems. The most enjoyable part of the job was working different shifts at my discretion.

April 25, 2013

Work available hours not always offered to other staff maybe due to not many patients in this hospital or for some other reasons ?

Nurses not respected by management
RN (Current Employee), Specialty UnitsMarch 22, 2013
Pros: decent physicians outside ed
Cons: no support from administrators and managers. nurses are not important. in health care.
Working in this hospital is difficult as leadership in nursing is all about the leaders. There is no mentor to learn from.
Satisfaction
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Garden City, MichiganFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, many call ins
A typical day at work was to make sure to make the patients happy. You have to take into consideration the circumstances of the patient. You have to prepare yourself for complaints and work to solve the issues with the complaint. The hardest part of the job was making sure you were able to make your patients happy with what you had to work with. Some – more... patients were on restricted diets. You had to find ways to make them happy within the guidelines of their diets. The most enjoyable part of the job was making your patients happy. I loved getting compliments from my patients as well as smiles. – less
Friendly co workers
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee), Garden City, MIFebruary 14, 2013
Most enjoyable part of employment is the staff and physicians working in the Emergency Department