Garden Grove Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

the school was growing and in transition for more space.
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoyed my industrial arts classroom and worked with other interesting teachers. Most were happy to be there, but always some conflict with the administration. There was some turn over of teachers, but everyone was a professional.
Pros
Free lunches, short days and summers off
Cons
long meetings, alot of paper work
Fast pace
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 19, 2016
Great company to work for, provided me with everything I needed to grow in my field of work. Plus I got to talk about cars to all my costumers.
Pros
Cars! lots of them.
Cons
slow computers.
Always room for advancement
Special Ed Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 13, 2014
There was always an opportunity to grow and learn. Weather it be at the school site or at the district. The District wanted you to better yourself, for the students, as well as yourself. I learned that your co-workers are there for you when you need help with students. The hardest part of the job was watching a student be non compliant and aggressive. I love all my students and watching them grow and learn through communication and understanding
Pros
watching the student grow and room for advancement
Cons
no health care for part time
I would allow my children to go to this particular school if I had a family. However, this school district is so vast, so it is hard for me to judge.
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 10, 2013
I am very happy with my job at this current school. The people in the school office are friendly and caring, not only to the students but among teachers and staff as well. The Principal, my boss, is kind and caring towards all her students. All the teachers that I have worked with are also nice. They care about students academics and futures. I'd say the hardest part of my job was when I had to work with 12 teachers every week, from grade 1-3. The most enjoyable part of my job is when students made progress or even leapfrogged academically from when they were really struggling.
Pros
vacations, sick leave, friendly coworkers
Cons
must use vacations for spring or winter break, fourloughs
Excellent company to work at
Instructional Aide Bilingual Spanish (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Attended team building meetings
Assigned and recorded training classes for department
Reconciled inventory of hardware in databases
Provided Asset Management for inventory resolutions
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
laid-off
Productive and fun workplace
Central Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 14, 2014
Enjoy working for the education of children. Good management and nice co-workers
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
no provision for health benefits for part time employees
Wonderful Company, Best Job
Preschool Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 14, 2013
Worked here for four years and was the best job I have ever had. Worked with Preschool teacher and helped her and also supported the families. As coworkers we built great relationships and the director was very supportive.
Great Part Time Job
Instructional Aide Preschool (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 23, 2013
It was some of my best years. I got to work with preschoolers and help them out. It was a great part time job for the meantime when you have school. Great pay also. Coworkers are super nice. Definitely would recommend this job.
Wonderful district with amazing students and great team coworkers
longterm substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CaliforniaAugust 6, 2014
I only subbed for the district but I landed a three month long term subbing position. I loved the experience and enjoyed going to work everyday. It was amazing to see the same students everyday and watch them grow. I would definitely take a long term position in the district because it is a district that promotes student success with support and guidance. Students are first just like they should be. Very friendly yet professional district members and a wonderful bunch of students in the district. The hardest part was going into someones classroom and trying to make it mine for the last few months of the school year, but it was a great experience. The most enjoyable part was working with the students and the staff at the school. I learned so much from lesson planning to behavioral management skills that will greatly benefit my future classroom.
Pros
taking over the class was a great learning experience!
Cons
subbed instead of having a full time teaching position.
Responisve personnel who care about you and the students
Special Ed. Teacher Aide II (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 30, 2013
So far I have just been hired but the process has been quick to the point. The personnel is very friendly and quick to respond to questions.
Interactive, Engaging, Supportive.
AVID College Tutor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 17, 2013
Great place to work. Hands on work experience in real time class setting. Work with administration, staff, and students. Management is understanding and flexible.
Great administration, very fun district
Instructional Aide II (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 17, 2013
The hiring staff are very nice and friendly, welcoming. Teachers and staff within the district care about the students, and are very fun to work with.
Great Job
Intensive Behavior Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CaJanuary 11, 2013
I loved working there it was a great place to work. I enjoyed all the people I worked with.
Great team
LIBRARY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 23, 2013
Motivated and enthusiastic staff. Generous pay increases/steps
Cons
offer full time employment
Descent District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 9, 2014
I subbed there for many years. I large district where one can get lost in the crowd.
very fun
assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 27, 2012
Worked there in high school i would go there when i had free time. We were all very close.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garden Grove Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7