Garden Grove Unified School District Employee Reviews

hits and misses
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 1, 2017
They offer good hourly, considering they don't require or offer training of any sort. Communication within the district in general and my location specifically are atrocious. Paired with the favoritism, refusal to offer training and lack of hours, makes it hard to remain with the district that introduced me to a field I love.
Pros
good hourly
Cons
not enough hours, no training
Great pay
Substitute Teacher K-8 (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 30, 2017
Great pay for substitute teaching, you get raises based on how many days you have subbed within the district. You must be prepared to teach, don't expect to sit back and watch a movie or read a book, it is not babysitting. Only wish they offered 1/2 day positions as well as full-day.
Pros
You choose when and where you work.
Cons
No opportunities to work over school breaks, no union representation, no health benefits.
Exciting Workplace
College Mentor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Working with High School students on their futures is very rewarding. Everyday is different so it is an exciting place to work at. The teachers and counselors I work under are very understanding of my school schedule so the work life balance is perfect.
Nice place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 28, 2016
The garden Grove school district is a very nice an peaceful place to work. There is a chance to be positive and working with children is a delight! It was an amazing experience!
Great Place to work
Noon Duty Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 12, 2016
I am currently working as a Noon Duty Supervisor for the Garden Grove Unified School District. I enjoy working with kids and having a positive impact in their lives.
Good benefits
School Community Liaison Worker (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 2, 2016
I had worked at LBSFCU for 12 years and thoroughly enjoyed the members and its caring employees. Everyone helped each other and made me feel as we were a family.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Unfair treatment from previous Vice President
Super Fun Environment
Instructional Aide II-Special Education (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 23, 2016
I love working at this school district. I wish they had school social workers so I can get a promotion. Most enjoyable part is working with the kids and teachers.
An uplifting work experience.
Instructional Aide (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 6, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the kids confidence in their school work grow through out the school year, especially in a special needs class. Their joy is infectious!
Great challenging but yet rewarding environment.
Certificated Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 13, 2016
Working for GGUSD provided great challenges in working with students from different socioeconomic communities and Title 1 schools. I gained a vast idea of what the daily regimen for a public school teacher was. The job required to display quick analytical thinking, perfection of my classroom pedagogy, as well as building on my interpersonal skills in creating effective and meaningful relationships. Mentoring these students was the most rewarding experience as I've been able to help and assist with over 300 students this previous school year.
Pros
creative instruction, mentoring the youth, and work environment
Cons
healthcare
Fast pace
Information Technology (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 19, 2016
Great company to work for, provided me with everything I needed to grow in my field of work. Plus I got to talk about cars to all my costumers.
Pros
Cars! lots of them.
Cons
slow computers.
the school was growing and in transition for more space.
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoyed my industrial arts classroom and worked with other interesting teachers. Most were happy to be there, but always some conflict with the administration. There was some turn over of teachers, but everyone was a professional.
Pros
Free lunches, short days and summers off
Cons
long meetings, alot of paper work
Productive and fun workplace
Central Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 14, 2014
Enjoy working for the education of children. Good management and nice co-workers
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No provision for health benefits for part time employees
Wonderful district with amazing students and great team coworkers
longterm substitute teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CaliforniaAugust 6, 2014
I only subbed for the district but I landed a three month long term subbing position. I loved the experience and enjoyed going to work everyday. It was amazing to see the same students everyday and watch them grow. I would definitely take a long term position in the district because it is a district that promotes student success with support and guidance. Students are first just like they should be. Very friendly yet professional district members and a wonderful bunch of students in the district. The hardest part was going into someones classroom and trying to make it mine for the last few months of the school year, but it was a great experience. The most enjoyable part was working with the students and the staff at the school. I learned so much from lesson planning to behavioral management skills that will greatly benefit my future classroom.
Pros
Taking over the class was a great learning experience!
Cons
Subbed instead of having a full time teaching position.
Always room for advancement
Special Ed Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 13, 2014
There was always an opportunity to grow and learn. Weather it be at the school site or at the district. The District wanted you to better yourself, for the students, as well as yourself. I learned that your co-workers are there for you when you need help with students. The hardest part of the job was watching a student be non compliant and aggressive. I love all my students and watching them grow and learn through communication and understanding
Pros
watching the student grow and room for advancement
Cons
no health care for part time
Descent District
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAApril 9, 2014
I subbed there for many years. I large district where one can get lost in the crowd.
Excellent company to work at
Instructional Aide Bilingual Spanish (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Attended team building meetings
Assigned and recorded training classes for department
Reconciled inventory of hardware in databases
Provided Asset Management for inventory resolutions
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Laid-off
Responisve personnel who care about you and the students
Special Ed. Teacher Aide II (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CADecember 30, 2013
So far I have just been hired but the process has been quick to the point. The personnel is very friendly and quick to respond to questions.
Great team
LIBRARY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 23, 2013
Motivated and enthusiastic staff. Generous pay increases/steps
Cons
Offer full time employment
Interactive, Engaging, Supportive.
AVID College Tutor (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAOctober 17, 2013
Great place to work. Hands on work experience in real time class setting. Work with administration, staff, and students. Management is understanding and flexible.
Great administration, very fun district
Instructional Aide II (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJuly 17, 2013
The hiring staff are very nice and friendly, welcoming. Teachers and staff within the district care about the students, and are very fun to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garden Grove Unified School District. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7