Garden Park Medical Center Employee Reviews

I loved working in the department I was in.
previous Employee (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 21, 2017
I worked at Garden Park for 8 years. I was laid off this year 2017. did not approve of the past CEO. The HR department is horrible and not helpful. they sent out a very cold and short letter at the last minute notifying employee of the layoff and lied about the severance deal.
My thoughts...
CCMA, MHT (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501July 18, 2017
I is a crazy place, your days are up and down. I enjoy some of the people that work there but some of the upper management are not that fair. However, I do enjoy working with my veterans and learning about their experience they had overseas or in war.
God place to work
Medical Tellemetry Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 19, 2017
I enjoyed the staff and working environment. The patient versus nurse ratio was fair. My supervisors was seasoned an helpful. The hospital was clean. Training was adequate.
Productive Place
Medical Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS 39501May 25, 2017
This place is a wonderful work environment.Welcomed patients and family members in a professional manner. Ensure charts are completed and corrected. Secure all signatures as necessary. Followed all HIPPA guidelines accurately. Answered all questions and explained policies clearly. Process patient charts according to paperwork flow needs and established productivity standards Worked with physician offices and departments, providing information when necessary. Escort patients to their correct destination. Also performed any other duties as directed.
Needs Versatility
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 30, 2017
Great Management but lack of diversity with the patient population. Lack of opportunity for job advancement within the organization. Great staff and a good balance of teamwork.
Pros
Cons
Needs more psychiatric units
Off-Shift Workers
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 2, 2017
When working third shift, the workers at Garden Park lack the benefits the day shift workers are provided. These include access to the cafeteria, where day shift workers can get free fountain drinks as well as eating utensils. The management as recognition gives free meal passes, however, again, they are not useful to the third shift workers who have no access because the cafeteria is closed. Also, since starting to work here, I received a $.50 and hour pay cut for weekend shift differential.
A Great Place to Start the Learning Process
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 15, 2016
dealing with numerous patients. didn't have any issues with management, they were cool. coworkers were awesome as well. hardest part was leaving but I relocated. most enjoyable was seeing the patients progress over time.
Pros
good food in the cafeteria, staff, and patients
Cons
wages
Worst place to ever work,,,
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 1, 2016
Nurses, doctors, HR are totally corrupted,retaliated,dishonest,lack of adequate staffing....
They don't get your pay right management sucks!!
DO NOT WORK HERE !!!
Your job isn't secured.
Pros
dishonest, laziness are rewarded
Cons
retalliation, harassment, lack of integrity...
A good place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 4, 2015
I started at GP 09/11/2015 so far this company has been wonderful i have great staff i work with and they go out their way to accomodate you with any problems you may have
Pros
Great employee's
Cons
Na
a complete wasteofspace
RN (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMarch 11, 2015
the dollar is the bottom line here !!! its not where compassion meets excellence, its where the knife meets your back. As stated by others any concerns that are expressed are met with adversity and retaliation. Dangerously understaffed.
Busy but satisfying
Emergency Room Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work would involve collecting emergency room patient information, such as demographics and insurance, and entering that into the computer. I enjoyed working in the ER because I felt like I was helping people. Patients would come in sick or injured and I would be one of the first people they would see. A lot of patients would comment about how nice it was to be greeted by a smiling face. My coworkers at Garden Park were awesome! I enjoyed working side by side with the Dr and nurses. I made a lot of friends working in the ER. We had a close group of people that felt like a family.
Pros
Never a dull moment and great benefits
Cons
Sometimes you see things you dont want to see.
retalliation, harassment, lack of adequate staffing
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gulfport , msAugust 20, 2014
Nurses, doctors, and food and nutrition, HR are incredibly corrupted, dishonest, retaliate and fight among themselves and are incompetent. Do not work at that hospital.
Pros
Lacks integrity and honesty. Unethical practices are required to succeed.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 24, 2013
This organization refuses to acknowledge proper practices in quality patient care. The only concern of administration is making money and being dishonest to meet the expectations of the corporation. There is a complete lack of respect for staffing requirements necessary to provide quality care.
Pros
Cons
Retalliation, harassment, lack of adequate staffing, cut throat administration.
Unethical and not concerned for the public and publics health.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSOctober 28, 2013
A substandard hospital with unethical management and unethical standards. Management emphasis projects and goals that are unrealistic. Failure is the only option if you do your job correctly. Retaliation is well known here. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
Laziness is rewarded.
Cons
Setup to fail and very unethical
Very professional place to work
Nusing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 27, 2013
•Displayed strong clinical skills in assessing vital sign, performing lab draws and glucose checks
•Expertise in the following: Pre/Post Operative Care, Patient Care and Safety, Diagnostic Testing, Electronic Medical Records, Vital Signs, Patient Monitoring.
•Complied with HIPPAA standards in all patient documentations and interactions
Enjoyed coworkers when I was there and there was great team work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSSeptember 6, 2013
I enjoyed the time that I worked at this facility. My co-workers were great. Teamwork was a major plus.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 30, 2013
The staff and patients were wonderful. There was always ways to grow and learn within the the department
Friendly atmosphere
Vascular Student (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 11, 2013
Patient workload was easy to work with on a daily basis. The staff is great and the work day seems to fly by.
Very Productive Place to Work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 5, 2013
The hardest part of the job is during the day dilgating your time. The co-workers here are wonderful. Everyone works really hard.
Pros
can move around to different areas
Cons
healthcare costs
Review
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 7, 2012
I enjoyed my time at this job, although it was a difficult atmosphere at times, overall, I enjoyed the work