Garden Ridge Employee Reviews in United States

Happy place to work
STORE MANAGER/CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 22, 2016
It was a good place to work at . Just needed more structure. Employees needed to work more together more as a team . making customers happy before walking out the door.
Pros
Helping the customers make their homes happier
Cons
Healthcare, Salary
Productive and very enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 28, 2016
Very enjoyable place to work for. Co-workers/management were awesome. However, with two young young children and working until 11PM or 1AM was very tiring.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Only offered part time for all employees unless you were a Supervisor
Was a temporary position
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2016
During working hours I was cashier and customer service driven
helped other associates stock shelves and assisted with setting up seasonal displays.
Pros
Worked well with my time available
Garden Ridge
Assistant Buyer - Garden Décor and Pottery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
Garden Ridge is a horrible place to work when I was there. Management is Evil, and only care about themselves.I would never work here ever again.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
everything else
Caring management and a fun environment
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXApril 24, 2016
At Garden Ridge, now called At Home, i learned what a fun work environment really was. I enjoyed my coworkers company very much and i looked forward to going to work everyday. It didn't pay the best for the work, sometimes, but it was worth it for the way that everyone cared and took care of you.
simple job with relatively low stress environment
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXApril 16, 2016
A typical day consisted of assisting customers with the ideal choice for merchandise pending on their situation, as well as general store upkeep, along with the occasional re merchandising for store products to maximize sales for the store. I learned how to deal with different kinds of customers, and that being helpful regardless of how you are treated can often result in a sale. While managing i learned how to maximize employee work effectiveness, and to be a good leader you have to be willing to be a good follower/worker first. I worked with some great people, as well as others who only came for a check. Its easy to tell who is who, but as a manager you have to be able to get the most out of what you have to work with regardless of who it is. The hardest part of the job was getting employees to work to full potential at times, but over time i improved my leadership skills. Talking and assisting with people and being genuine was very enjoyable.
Pros
Free to roam store, not stuck in one spot.
Cons
Occasional rude customer, employees who lacked motivation.
At Home, Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2016
Good place to work. It gets really busy on the weekends but during the weekday it has a good pace. The pay is okay and the hours are adjustable. The only thing that bothered me working there is how many smoke breaks the smokers get. I believe it is unfair.
Very productive and lots of work to do
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXApril 1, 2016
In a typical day, I would help unload the merchandise off the truck that came in. I would unload the merchandise off the pallets and put them on the shelves and lay out the rugs. I would also lift heavy items on occasion, such as furniture like Sofas & mattresses. If you work hard and show you are a hard worker and willing to learn you can have the opportunity to move up in the company. Things may have changed though since Garden Ridge is now At Home.
it was fun i met a lot a nice people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 24, 2016
I liked working at Garden Ridge every time I went in to work I was always working with someone new everyone made work fun time always went by fast never had a bad day at work the only thing was it wasn't close to home at the time
Pros
30 min lunches
Cons
n/a
Decent job with fun people
General Employee and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 9, 2016
Decent job for young people trying to make some money. Typical day would stocking merchandise of shelves and organizing the store. I learned how to be friendly and vocal towards customers and how to make a customer feel welcome. I learned how to maintain a cleanliness around the store. Management is goal oriented and are friendly towards their employees. Co-workers are young and energetic. Hardest part would be there is little room for advancement, and corporate had strict rules for the company. Most enjoyable part of the job would be joking around with the co-workers, making the job a little enjoyable.
Pros
Fun co-workers, always busy
Cons
long shifts, short breaks
not a god company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 28, 2015
management received 40 plus hours while everyone else were lucky to get 10-15 hours, cashier, clean, retrieve carts. the hardest part was not getting hours to live on.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
little hours
Great company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 17, 2015
Coming in to Verify Deposits, Set Schedules,
Learned Hard lines
Managers were not very helpful after the General Manager Transferred out of store
The hardest part of the job was finding out the company was changing hands
Merchandising
Pros
Merchandising
Cons
Not Stable company
Garden Ridge
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2015
Good job to have for someone in school and just looking for some part time jobs. Teaches you merchandising skills. Fun to work with christmas and halloween seasons.
Pros
Fun environment to work in.
Cons
Pay is pretty low.
fun workplace
Contact Person, Amy Middleton (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 22, 2015
garden ridge was a fun place with fun people and pleasant supervisors
the hours were perfect and the supervisor was fair to the employees especially when there were family issues
ideas would always come in order to make the store and workplace better
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough pay
great place with loving comstumers
Front Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew and it was more difficult to get to know the new people. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited hours
Smelled Amazing. Loved the music.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 30, 2015
The only down side to this job was how much they depended on new hirees. As in, the new people would get most of the work load while the supervisors would take on the easier tasks. Aside from that, I miss working there.
Pros
Great smell. Great music.
Cons
Unfair workload for newbies.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 13, 2015
I enjoyed working at Garden Ridge. It was a great work environment. The management staff was wonderful during this time.
so much fun during the holidays
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHSeptember 6, 2015
I worked here, just for extra Christmas money! and ended up staying there for a little over 3 years. Loved when I could walk thru the store on my breaks and would vision, what I could by for my own holiday decorating!!
Pros
easy and a general fun place to work
Cons
the scheduling was a little unorganized, cleaning and up keep of the shelves, after customers would tear it up!
Enjoyed alot
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJuly 29, 2015
Do scheduling and work with management control payroll.
When management was not available I was responsible to do interviews. Great support team. Got to go onto the sales floor to assist employees and help out in different areas of the store
Pros
Great team
Cons
Went out of business
Great Job
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCJune 26, 2015
As a office lead, I was apart of management. The job was interesting because I was able to see all the beautiful decors and furniture. Management was great and definitely helped when I was in need.
Pros
loved the items
Cons
not any

2.8