Garden Ridge Employee Reviews

Many challenges both physically and mentally.
Area Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILApril 24, 2017
Typical retail environment that included hard, physical labor; low pay and inconsistent hours. Although it was physically demanding, I enjoyed assisting the customers.
Productive and very fast pace
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 23, 2017
I love working for them. A very productive company I always enjoyed going into work to work with my team and have an productive morning or night. There was never and dual moment working there. Most of the co-workers where very respectful to each other.
Fun place to work-great team
Human Resource Director/Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXApril 10, 2017
I had the best of all worlds at Garden Ridge providing both Human Resources/payroll support and customer service support for about 200 employees. The management team got along well with each other and our crew. We had fun with each other and our customers.
I have a good experience with all the people I work with and the work is fun.
Accounts payable clerk (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 5, 2017
I've learned all I need to know regarding my job. A good learning experience, managers and the staff are good people to be around with.The hardest part of my jobis the crunch time, the end of the period, all the numbers should be entered.
Good place to work for small part-time job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 22, 2017
As the assistant manager of this store, I had many responsibilities while working under the direct supervision of the store manager. I learned may skills within this company that I was able to take with me when I left the company. This company carries hundreds of thousands of import arts and craft items as well as a full line of furniture and home decor items. The people I worked with were very friendly and always willing to help.
productive place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2017
I worked in shipping and receiving and really enjoyed it. The merchandise was good and I enjoyed my work. The co-workers were nice and this was a good job.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
heavy workload at times.
Great place to shop and work .
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 1, 2017
I loved working for garden ridge it gave me my indepedence back. I got along with everyone. Loved meeting new people everyday.. And seeing all the new merchandice we would get .
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Short breaks
Goal driven and customer friendly
Operations Specialist (Merchandise Manager) (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 25, 2017
Since Garden Ridge became At Home, the overall atmosphere has taken a different rout. A new Director and new goals have made it somewhat difficult to keep up with my family at home.
Pros
45min lunches and 15min breaks, M-F 5:30-2 and weekends off, Pto, medical, stocks and freedom to do most in my own department.
Cons
Too much tailing, no balance b/n costumer service and freight teams and more
They had a very friendly staff
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Webster, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here, everyone was friendly. I worked very hard and at my own pace. it was a large store, but easy to get things done. the days seemed short because I was busy.
very physical
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MONovember 20, 2016
Fast paced, very physical. People generally got along with each other. We had fun but worked extremely hard. Pulling pallets of cast iron patio furniture that weighed twice my weight. Did not like having to work Thanksgiving.
Pros
didn't need to go to gym.
Cons
Open Thanksgiving
Retail
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 19, 2016
This company has a hard time keeping workers because they did not have a good identity or culture. Management within the company is very unstable and unreliable.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
I did enjoyed the people I worked with.
Part time manager (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INOctober 19, 2016
opening the store in the moring I had to shut off the alarm, got to valt and take out the money for deposit, and set the drawres and put them in the registers before opening, pull out any pallets that needed to be opened and put the stock in the proper area, clean and disgard any boxes or plastic. help customers look for any item or carrey heavy items up front with help from other employes,
hardest part of the job was difficult customers, Either I would be able to help them and they would leave knowing that they would be back. or I would have to tell them we dont carrier what they want or if its a return that is damaged by them I would not take it back,
My Co Workers mabe my job easy, always helpful or willing to do a job that I asigned to them, I also worked with them to get the job done faster, I really enjoyed working with the.
My most enjoyable part Co workers and customers,
Pros
very busy never with out something that needed done
Cons
only had 1 15 min break and 1/2 lunch i worked 8 hr days.
fun , cool part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2016
this was a very laid back , easy to get the hang of job . the hours work well with any student . it was very rewarding workings here due to the fact the environment was very upbeat and bubbly .everyone was easy to work with was always willing to help when it came to dealing with some of the more heavier merchandise . there is alot of physical work such as lifting and carrying heavy items .
Fun place to work
Accounting/Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming into my office and working on accounts payable forms, resolving station disputes, and other typical duties. I loved my co-workers and regret that I had to leave when we moved back to Waco. I do not regret the time I had at home with my daughter at that time, but I do miss the people and the environment.
Happy place to work
STORE MANAGER/CUSTOMER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCAugust 22, 2016
It was a good place to work at . Just needed more structure. Employees needed to work more together more as a team . making customers happy before walking out the door.
Pros
Helping the customers make their homes happier
Cons
Healthcare, Salary
My day
Stocker / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 15, 2016
coming in a 5am. stocking and straightening displays. Cashier and helping customers. Leaving to go home at 3. I learned to manage time so I could be available to do other tasks.
Cons
Hours Shortened
Productive and very enjoyable place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 28, 2016
Very enjoyable place to work for. Co-workers/management were awesome. However, with two young young children and working until 11PM or 1AM was very tiring.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Only offered part time for all employees unless you were a Supervisor
Was a temporary position
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 22, 2016
During working hours I was cashier and customer service driven
helped other associates stock shelves and assisted with setting up seasonal displays.
Pros
Worked well with my time available
Garden Ridge
Assistant Buyer - Garden Décor and Pottery (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2016
Garden Ridge is a horrible place to work when I was there. Management is Evil, and only care about themselves.I would never work here ever again.
Pros
getting paid
Cons
everything else
Caring management and a fun environment
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXApril 24, 2016
At Garden Ridge, now called At Home, i learned what a fun work environment really was. I enjoyed my coworkers company very much and i looked forward to going to work everyday. It didn't pay the best for the work, sometimes, but it was worth it for the way that everyone cared and took care of you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garden Ridge. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9