Garden Ridge

Garden Ridge Employee Reviews

Decor Store Fun
Associate (Former Employee), Tyler, TXApril 24, 2015
The most enjoyable thing about this job was seeing everything it had day to day! In my mind everyday I would design my house and back yard with the items in the store. It was hard to keep my paycheck in my wallet when I was working!
bland experience over all
Stock Member (Former Employee), Pineville, NCApril 15, 2015
Pros: Tasks were managable
Cons: Monotony
While task are easy and balanced, they don't offer much room for expression. Great for part-time work, especially around the holidays, however not very many full time positions and non-seasonal help opportunities.
Fun workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 12, 2015
A typical day for my job was customer service oriented, and other parts I was supposed to look after the store and keep it clean and help stock up shelfs.
The best part of that job was the Shop-A-thon they were three days of non-stop fun.
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 11, 2015
Pros: We did get a twenty percent discount on all merchandise.
Cons: It was not any.
A work day can start slow, but pick up pretty quick. That time is used to stock and do mark down's if needed. If we had a new Ad starting we also made sure those items where were easy to get to. The hardest part was keeping basket off the lot. The most enjoyable was meeting the celebrities that would come in. I really worked with a wonderful group of people, my time at Garden Ridge from the Managers to the cashiers.
Freight Team
Freight/Cashier (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: freight job is easy
Cons: management is horrible
Being apart of the freight team at Garden Ridge/ At Home is a easy job. the task and goals of the store are difficult to meet. however the current manger is all but friendly or nice. He is very condescending and rude.
Associate (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: take a hour for lunch
Cons: always got out late
A work day here was always full of customers was fun and different.
I learned how to return some items also how to use a pallet jack for freight.
The management was good let us know what was going on.
Not a place for lazy or weak people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VaFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: 45 minutes for lunch
Cons: some strict management, sweat, dirt, and minor injuries are occupational hazards
This is the hardest job I've had. Heavy lifting, operation of a baler and pallet jack required (if you don't know how, they WILL teach you). Unloading and stocking freight, opening boxes, helping customers with obnoxiously heavy items, and cashiering.
Great working enviroment
Asst Store Manager/Customer Service Mgr (Current Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 6, 2015
Large store, never a day without something to do. All the associates work together as a large family would. No drama within the work place. Can not mind being on your feet 10 hours a day with a constant on the go all day. Its like being paid to exercise with all the walking on a daily basis.
Great enviornment at times
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: keeps you busy
Cons: the gm
I had a great time working there. There is always something to do but when its slow the day goes by very slow. The GM seems nice at first but she is very rude and disrespectful. She likes to choose her favorites and if you're not on that list, watch out. Everyone else is just fine. The salary managers are required to work 50 hrs a week and only get paid for 40, NO OVERTIME or other compensation. Its draining at times and the employees have no voice or outlet
Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chesterfield, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: havng fun at work makes the time go by a whole lot faster
Cons: the job can be frustrating and time mangement.
while working there I've learned how to stock , do freight, and maintain displays. The co-workers there are very friendly and make you feel right at home. The hardest part about working there is learning how to deal with customers that are not always on there best behavior. Even though some of the customers are not always nice I have learned to always keep a smile on my face and to never let them get me out of my nice , and living character. Overall working there is fun and having employees that are nice and easy to talk to makes the job experience a while lot better , and also make he day go by a whole lot faster.
Hard work
Graduate Nurse and Nurse Assistant Tech (Former Employee), Temple, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 45 minute lunch
Cons: little breaks
Hard work
Demanding without great benefits
Hours all over the place
Management not good
Wonderful Place
Front End Manager (Former Employee), tennDecember 2, 2014
Working here was not only enjoyable to myself but the employees that I was able to work with and meet were great also. Loved the customer service and being able to work for a great company.
Garden Ridge....
Front End Manager (Former Employee), Sandston, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: management, staff, policies
You must be on your A game to work here... They don't put up with anybody and everybody... People was ALWAYS complaining about something... I didn't like management.. It was ALOT of confusion with the policies... Just wasn't a good experience for me! I Only like 3 of my coworkers! They ACTUALLY worked! The pay was good. They started you out at 10 bucks an hour!!
kept me really busy
Front End Manager (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILNovember 13, 2014
Pros: decent pay & vacation time
Cons: too much friendship going on instead of manager's being manager's.
I started out as a cashier and learned alot to then becoming a lead on the floor where i helped take freight off the trucks and put it out onto the sales floor as well as conditioning the sales floor and helping customer's. I then became a front end manager where i opened and closed the store, i had to prepare till's for the cash register's for the next business day, i worked new merchandise out onto the sales floor as well as making sure other employee's were doing as they were told to do.
Friendly Store Culture, Poor Corporate Management
Associate (Former Employee), Batavia,OHNovember 13, 2014
Garden Ridge was a fine place to work and had the store not closed (dispute with the landowner) I would still be there. My fellow associates and management were friendly and knowledgeable and we all took great pride in keeping our store organized and neat while still providing great service.
hard work, fast paced, fun people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Robinson, PANovember 9, 2014
Pros: long lunches, breaks if needed, fun meetings, work parties
Cons: hard labor, very long shifts, not paid enough for the work i did
we would put product out, keep the store clean, give a dive to guests, work on register, all of this would be done in a friendly manner. I learned how to work on fast paced projects and get the job done with good quality. My co workers were awesome, they were like another family. The hardest part was the labor, the best part was working with people.
Exhausting Work!!!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), OKC, OKOctober 29, 2014
Pros: pay is really good for pt, they work with hours
Cons: cleaning bathroom, always short-handed, never enough people to make the place run
If you like cleaning ALL day this is the job for you! I was told when i stared that it would be a basic cashier position...no you are a cashier, janitor, and maid. Cleaning bathrooms should not be apart of the cashiers job duties....
A fun environment in which to work
Director of Training and Management Recruitment (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 21, 2014
A happy place for customers to be as the find creative ways of decorating their homes
Over Worked
Associate (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAOctober 15, 2014
The store I worked at was understaffed, so plan to do any aspect of the job.
Fast paced within a growing company.
General Manager (Former Employee), Utica, MiOctober 13, 2014
A typical work week was a scheduled 50 hour week for store management but, I typical worked 60 hours. Friendly, team orientated staff. Enjoyed the fast paced environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Garden Ridge

Garden Ridge was founded in 1979 and began as Garden Ridge Pottery. The company has grown to over 65 stores in 21 states and is – Read more

Garden Ridge Salaries