Are you well versed in the acronym stew that is SSIS, SSAS, SSRS and T-SQL? If so, we want to talk to you! Our IT team is looking for an individual with a solid track record of developing, maintaining and supporting SQL Server technologies. A strong knowledge of T-SQL is required. You will work in an environment that values industry recognized best practices to build and deploy secure, scalable and maintainable applications. You will be expected to work with other members of the IT team and different business areas to translate requirements into smart solutions using the Microsoft technology stack (Dynamics AX, .Net, SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange, and IIS). The team will be counting on you to perform various development and administration tasks. This job offers new challenges every day; excellent organizational and communication skills are required. Three to five years of prior experience in a similar role is preferred. Previous experience with any of the following SQL technologies is highly desirable: Reporting Services, Integration Services, Analysis Services and database mirroring/high availability.
Join the team at Gardener's Supply Company! We are an employee-owned company and America's leading catalog & web-based gardening company! We work hard AND offer a fun place to work with summer bocce games, BBQs, ping-pong tournaments, employee garden plots and much more! We also offer strong cultural values, competitive wages and outstanding benefits (including a tremendous discount on plants & product!).
Located in Burlington, Vermont - one of the most scenic and unique cities in the country. Built on a hill overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack Mountains, Burlington is a cosmopolitan city minutes from a wealth of outdoor activities such as boating, cycling, hiking, snow skiing, and more.
The Database Developer/Admin is a team member of AGR’s application team. The team provides application development services to America's Gardening Resource (AGR) and is responsible for helping to support the daily operation of AGR’s ERP system (DAX) and auxiliary system components.
It requires interactions with different technical groups (web development team, network team, JS technical staff) and business groups (SharePoint Site Administrators, Business Analysts, e-Team). In conjunction with the business owners, they assist in troubleshooting and improving existing applications and participate in the development and integration of new applications.
The Database Developer/Admin assures that all system components (database servers, database, middleware and third party applications) are operating as expected by the business.
They contribute as a key resource to software development and systems integration projects. The responsibility within a project can range from performing simple consulting to being the sole contributor.
The job requires a solid understanding of general software development concepts, relational database design, N-Tier Architecture and current Microsoft Products and Technologies. They must be able to design and construct database applications that are secure, extensible, scalable and maintainable by applying industry recognized best practices.
- Extract and document requirements from internal customers
- Perform development tasks, develop and implement data models, implement API’s and business objects.
- Defining XML Schemas, processing and manipulating XML documents
- Administer AGR SQL Servers
- Develop, implement and execute unit tests and system test for applications and components
- Assure adherence to established and mandated best practices like PCI, OWASP
- Monitoring and maintaining data feeds between system components and third party partners
- Monitor and maintain system backup, reindexing, ETL and other recurring processes.
- Application and integration support for business system owners
- Provide support for help desk request, IT department peers
- Some overtime and weekend work is required, scheduled pager coverage for after-hours support
- Other duties as assigned by the Application Development Manager and CTO
- 3+ years of full-time experience working with MS SQL Server relational databases
- Advanced understanding of the Microsoft’s technology stack (windows operating systems, AD, .Net, Share Point, Dynamics AX)
- Advanced knowledge of SQL syntax and the T-SQL language
- Maintain relevant knowledge in SQL specific technologies such as Sql Server Reporting Services, Analysis Services and Integration Services.
- The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team, producing high quality deliverables that meet expectations (tested and error free)
- The ability to handle numerous, diverse tasks, projects and problems
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Committed to continuous development and improvements. Maintain a curiosity about AGR’s business
- Computer science degree or equivalent work experiences
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a cooperative, appropriate manner with customers, clients, co-workers and management.