The web developer is a member of our application team. The team provides application development services and is responsible for supporting the daily operation of web based applications developed by the company, with a primary focus on our eCommerce website and a secondary focus on additional web based applications that support the company.
It requires interactions with different technical groups (network team, vendors’ specific technical support staff) and business groups (eCommerce Team, SharePoint Site Administrators and Business Analysts). In conjunction with the business owners, they assist in troubleshooting and improving existing applications and participate in the development and integration of new applications.
The web developer assures that all system components of the assigned web based application are operating as expected by the business. They assure upgrades and patches are scheduled and performed. The application can be recovered and redeployed in case of a disaster.
They contribute as a resource to software development projects. The responsibility within a project can range from performing simple consulting to be the sole contributor to a project. They are expected to work independently and within a team.
- Develop a WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) for small to medium size projects
- Develop requirements for the project deliverables
- Design the application architecture, user interfaces and application interfaces
- Implement advanced application designs
- Develop and execute test plan for applications
- Develop deploy packages for the production environment (Setup programs, user documentation and system documentation)
- Provide support for help desk requests
- Provide support and training for business users of web applications
- Some overtime and weekend work is required
- Pager coverage for after-hours support
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Minimum 3+ years of full-time experience working with eCommerce platform such as Demandware.
- Minimum 3+ years of full-time programming experience in a business environment utilizing change control tools and other best practices
- Proven experience working with multiple modern programming languages and development tool sets used for web development.
- Able to design and construct applications that are secure, extensible, scalable and maintainable by applying industry recognized best practices.
- Possess a solid understanding and application of general software development concepts, of existing web technologies such as HTTP, AJAX, DHTML, server side scripting languages, browsers and server infrastructure, web services, mobile web development, relational database design, object oriented programming, N-Tier Architecture and source control.
- Understand and able to apply PCI requirements for the design and the implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- The ability to handle numerous, concurrent diverse projects and problems
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Experience in direct marketing is highly desirable
- Technical Bachelor degree is highly desirable
Indeed - 13 months ago