Gardens Alive Employee Reviews

great atmosphere, like family, teamwork
equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 30, 2017
listened to employees and dealt with concerns, worked with you as a person. relaxed but professional environment.trained you for your job and then left you alone to do your job, never breathing down your back...unless your doing it wrong or not efficiently.
Pros
lunches and snacks, drawings for perfect attendance
Cons
under construction for a long while, very crowded
Fast paced environment
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INNovember 28, 2016
The best part of the job was working with the staff. The associates really want to do a good job. The environment has organizational issues during peak seasons.
Pros
The people are great.
Cons
Long hours and limited time off.
Good job.
Forklift Operator/ Inventory (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 7, 2016
I actually loved working there. I just wish it wasn't seasonal. They did call me back though, but at the time my vehicle was in need of repairs and I could not return immediately. I would like to go back though.
Fun place to work with customers on the phones
Customer Service and Phone Agent (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, InAugust 12, 2015
Productive and fun workplace to listen to Customers needs and helping them solve their issues and taking phone calls for the customers who have orders to place..
Different
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, OHAugust 11, 2015
I was hired as "temporary/seasonal" and the first week we were in "training". The DOS system that they used was unfamiliar to me; after the first day I contemplated not returning but I stuck with it. The last day of training (after 4-1/2 days) we had an examination (half written, half computer skills - DOS). I got 100%!! I learned that I am capable of change no matter how anxious I get about it!
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
Tethered to a head phone all shift
Very independent work
Customer Service Reperasenitave (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INApril 27, 2015
Taking inbound and customer service calls. Also filing and emailing fulfillment. making sure orders were placed properly and filled with in customer time frame
Pros
Inside job
Cons
Migraines
Good Company
Line worker (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, OHApril 27, 2015
This is a good company to work for, but there is no future for a person looking for a permanent position, or the possibility for advancement. I arrive at work on time everyday, set up my station and begin the process of filling orders as part of a team. My co-workers are nice, hard working, friendly, and for the most part reliable. Setting a daily goal for the amount of orders our team can fill in a day.

Management could be more consistent with their expectations of their employees, but for the most part they do their jobs to the best of their ability.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
No chance of a career or advancement.
great place to work
Sales rep, Customer service calls (Former Employee) –  greendale, inMarch 16, 2015
Very busy! Always on the phone never no down time, learned to not get overwelmed, a great place to work everybody did there job as supposed to, hardest part of the job would be dealing with upset customers. i loved talking to all the different people.
Easy and convenient place to work. No challenge or growth available.
Operation Support (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 17, 2015
My typical day at works begins with checking my emails. Then I proceed to take care of our customer. I work with really fun and exciting people in a small office. There is 7 of us total.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
no benefits and the company will not hire full time
Great people to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INFebruary 8, 2015
Garden's Alive has taken many strives to improve their employees experience over several years. It still has many issues where they are not utilizing the new methods of pay structure but are currently working on it. It would be a recommended company to work for as the people who are there care about the business.
Pros
working towards better
Cons
Once an hourly top out on pay they stay there for many years.
they dont know what they are doing
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INOctober 7, 2014
they don't have a clue on what they are doing. they are horrible to work for
Pros
Cons
everything
Run and never look back
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INSeptember 9, 2014
The place is filthy, and smells horribly. It's run by the seat of it's pants with no professional management and their is no real corporate structure. It's what ever the owner wants to do.

Sad, a very sad place overall.
Pros
Cons
All the rest
Great enviroment. Great people. Smiles all day everyday!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greendale, INJuly 24, 2014
I loved working here with all my co-workers. Everyone was very cheerful and always smiling and laughing. There was times where you had to be serious but times where you could just goof off a little bit and have fun.
Pros
Had alot of pitch-in lunches
Cons
Short breaks.
Overall the company needs to focus its efforts on building a strong foundation, to ensure the best quality and customer satisfaction.
Telephone Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greendale, INApril 28, 2014
The telephone sales and customer service work can take a toll if you don't know how to handle upset people over the phone. The management is disorganized and unsympathetic to employee needs. Being on the phones for 8 hours straight can be very mind numbing and boring. I enjoyed helping people pick out items for their gardens and gifts for friends. The company feels it should be your first and only priority.
Demanding and long hours
Picker/packer (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, OHDecember 31, 2013
A typical day consists of picking and packing orders. Double checking to make sure orders are correct and product is good.
You have to have patience, people skills and the ability to ignore the ones who don't.
It could be more team orientated.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Lack of organization, lack of team work, short breaks
Be Forwarned
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 30, 2013
No work life balance. The company is in a flux. If you are unemployed avoid this company at all costs. High work hrs low comp. They will use you up.
part time job for most people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greendale, INNovember 24, 2013
A typical day would be taking phone calls for placing orders or customer service issues. Basically doing whatever it takes to make the customer happy. I learned my initial customer service skills there and how to deal with irate people. Co-workers were ok there. It was a diverse group of people. The hardest part was dealing with customers that were nearly impossible to talk to. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you were able to leave.
Pros
decent pay for a young person
Cons
short breaks and very stressful
They expect a lot for being a seasonal position
Robert Half International/Cutomer Service (Former Employee) –  Greendale, INAugust 27, 2013
You never get the same work area, or cubical, and a lot is expected of you. I enjoyed speaking with the older residents who called in to order from one of the 8 catalogs of vegtables, plants, trees and shrubs, flowers and bulbs, and hardgoods. The rate of pay is terrible though.
Pros
The pay is low
Cons
Never the same cubical
I enjoyed helping the customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, OHAugust 17, 2013
There was alot to learn and the staff was great at answering any questions I had. Once I learned my duities the job became very simple and fun.
nice
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INDecember 11, 2012
this company is ok to work for if you are a student, the pay is lacking and you can only get benefits if a full time employee, yet they only hire seasonal and those whom have been there for several yrs ech season then can get hired full time however get layed off alot ech yr.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gardens Alive. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7