Gardenvision Employee Reviews

Great job
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAApril 15, 2017
I absolutely loved this job because I love learning about all the different plants and flowers. I also really enjoy working outside and loved the satisfying feeling I get after placing all the new product on the shelves and seeing how beautiful everything looked.
Pros
Working outside and learning about new plants and flowers
Cons
Slow hours during the cold seasons
Very fun workplace surrounded by plants.
Area supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 29, 2016
Awesome place to work in upper management and also just as a merchandiser if you can work the varied hours. Very fast-paced and fun!! Very highly recommend this company!!
Great company full of Positive Management and Co-Workers
Core Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta North, GANovember 1, 2016
When I started I knew hardly anything about flowers, plants, trees, nor shrubs. Not to mention I had no clue what an annual or perennial was. With that being said my Supervisor is very helpful and to this day provides me with wonderful training. I have had the opportunity to work with multiple management team members whom have all been very helpful and positive. This company really cares about their employees and goes out of their way to show it, which is very refreshing!
Pros
Great people to work with, fun, learn something new daily, get to work outside with beautiful live plants
Cons
Do not ave anything bad to say
If you love flowers, youll love this job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 18, 2016
Besides working extra hours, with the checks always shorted, it was overall a fun job. You have to love the outdoors and manual labor. Make sure to check your hours worked to hours you were paid
Pros
Fun for the most part
Cons
Must be a hard worker
If you like flowers, this is for you.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 1, 2016
Gardenvision was very good. It was very easy to understand the job and how to do it. Hours were great and working outside is a very big plus. Also, working alone is great as well.
Cons
Travel.
Great job to have if you dont mind being on your own and outdoors!!!
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLSeptember 1, 2016
This is a really cool job. You can work, like I did, starting at 6:00 a.m. and be done before the sun is baking you! Your supervisor may work with you a couple hours a week. Mine did, and she was always very pleasant and supportive. Otherwise, it is up to you to take ownership and pride in what you do. Anyone who wants to be a good merchandiser will do that.....must love plants and being outdoors in heat n rain n whatever else Florida weather sends your way. This job also allows you to be creative, making displays that will catch customers eyes! Working without someone judging my every move and having afternoons off were my favorite parts of this job.....now only if they were in Texas....I'd still be working for them!!!
Pros
Personal ownership, no stress, you can make the job as easy or difficult as you want!
Cons
cant think of any....
easy job
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJuly 30, 2016
Fairly easy job. Will be working outside most of the time. Get to obtain knowledge of plants and such.
Pros
Outside
Cons
Heat
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 27, 2016
Management was poor and conflict could of been approached differently and in a timely manner.
Co-Workers were great and we made a great team!
Good work out
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 6, 2016
If you don't know much about plants you can still do this job. It's fun to learn about them and to work outside, but you do have to be prepared to work hard in all kinds of weather. The co-workers are wonderful, GV management in fantastic, store management can be difficult to keep happy. Hours can be flexible but you can't just call out sick and assume someone will take up the slack or they can just do without. You need to be dependable. GV is committed to filling a certain number of hours each week at the stores and you are expected to be there, or able to make them up at a different time within that week, so it you're undependable or a slacker, don't bother. They don't need people who aren't willing to do what's expected of them. I just have no tolerance for people looking for an easy ride. I am a hard worker and I expect others they hire to work with me to pull their share of the load and show up when scheduled.
Pros
Co-workers within GV as well as the store are typically very nice, at least at my store
Cons
Sometimes work in the rain, very physical
managment
Lead Merchandiser Rep (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 3, 2016
i love the job I do, just not enough hours or benefits, we merchandise lowes gardencenters work very hard during spring and winter hours are cut back even for full time
Don't believe the positive reviews
Former merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Somewhere in the southNovember 3, 2015
This company is very poor when it comes to providing information needed to perform the job efficiently. A person is expected to do the job of what should require 2-3 employees. This leaves the sole employee feeling they have done (8) or more hours of required manual labor when strictly provided only (4) to do so. Very poor training for new employees.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
See review
OK PT job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 4, 2015
GardenVision maintains Lowes Garden Center plant displays. Work load for Merchandisers ranges from slow to very busy. They are usually outside, so summer hours are very hot and tiring in Florida.

Pay is low, starts at 9/hr, max is 11. Even after 3 years I was making less than 10. Hours are seasonal. FT in Spring, PT in Summer and Winter. Avg is 30 hrs per week. Little room to advance.

GardenVision ngmt is fairly easy going. Lowe's mgrs and Dept heads harder to deal with. Customers assume that you're a plant expert and will ask a lot of questions. Merchandisers get no significant training about plant care.
Pros
Some schedule flexibility
Cons
low pay, few advancement opportunities
Miss it!
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 10, 2015
My favorite job I've ever held. Learn a lot about gardening/plants. Fun because you get to see different faces everyday and utilize creativity skills. Makes you feel proud after a good hard days work.
Pros
Fun, learn new things
Cons
Store management can be hard to work with sometimes, work in the weather (hot, cold, rain)
Independence in working
Outside garden merchandiser and display creator (Former Employee) –  FLApril 23, 2015
Relies on staff as vendor representatives in merchandising deliveries with store staff in garden departments. Working atmosphere varies as store staff rotates or changes frequently. However, duties remain the same.
workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 28, 2014
1. helping customer and maintaining store.

2. work thought me to have an organized life as well.

3. management check up on us during the week to see how store is running by merchandiser.

4. my coworkers or great people to work with

5. hard part of the job to be in the humid heat

6. to maintain table pull dead plants and replenish with new.
Pros
break
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 17, 2014
I basically stock plants all day, it's very hard work but it keeps you busy.
Easy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 26, 2014
Very easy job, just put the plants where they belong and keep busy. most of the year is pretty boring
Pros
Schedule
Cons
The weather
Fun, Fast, and Temporary
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 28, 2014
The pay was sufficient for the work required. The hours were flexible. There was only the problem that the job was seasonal.
Good job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, GADecember 23, 2013
A typical work day for me would to be to clock in and get started. First of all I would see if any plants or flowers were out of place by customers. I would then of course place anything out of place back into its correct position. Then I would unload a truck or put any new product in its place. If I didnt have any new product I would pull any bad or dead plants from the shelves and re-stock or zone the area. I only had one other co-worker and we merchandised the entire garden center at Lowe's. My favorite thing about this job was the feeling of accomplishment once I was done zoning an area or completely restocking an area. Placing the flowers and plants by planogram definately made the product appealing to the eye of customers.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Short hourse
The hours were great and the people were even better.
Merchandiser/Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 27, 2012
The store I worked at had a great work environment with alot of interesting and nice people.I learned alot of skills essential to working in retail including managerial skills.
Pros
got to make my own schedule
Cons
the work hours went down during the slow season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gardenvision. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7