Gardenvision Employee Reviews in United States

managment
Lead Merchandiser Rep (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 3, 2016
i love the job I do, just not enough hours or benefits, we merchandise lowes gardencenters work very hard during spring and winter hours are cut back even for full time
Don't believe the positive reviews
Former merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Somewhere in the southNovember 3, 2015
This company is very poor when it comes to providing information needed to perform the job efficiently. A person is expected to do the job of what should require 2-3 employees. This leaves the sole employee feeling they have done (8) or more hours of required manual labor when strictly provided only (4) to do so. Very poor training for new employees.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
See review
OK PT job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 4, 2015
GardenVision maintains Lowes Garden Center plant displays. Work load for Merchandisers ranges from slow to very busy. They are usually outside, so summer hours are very hot and tiring in Florida.

Pay is low, starts at 9/hr, max is 11. Even after 3 years I was making less than 10. Hours are seasonal. FT in Spring, PT in Summer and Winter. Avg is 30 hrs per week. Little room to advance.

GardenVision ngmt is fairly easy going. Lowe's mgrs and Dept heads harder to deal with. Customers assume that you're a plant expert and will ask a lot of questions. Merchandisers get no significant training about plant care.
Pros
Some schedule flexibility
Cons
low pay, few advancement opportunities
Miss it!
Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJune 10, 2015
My favorite job I've ever held. Learn a lot about gardening/plants. Fun because you get to see different faces everyday and utilize creativity skills. Makes you feel proud after a good hard days work.
Pros
Fun, learn new things
Cons
Store management can be hard to work with sometimes, work in the weather (hot, cold, rain)
Independence in working
Outside garden merchandiser and display creator (Former Employee) –  FLApril 23, 2015
Relies on staff as vendor representatives in merchandising deliveries with store staff in garden departments. Working atmosphere varies as store staff rotates or changes frequently. However, duties remain the same.
workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 28, 2014
1. helping customer and maintaining store.

2. work thought me to have an organized life as well.

3. management check up on us during the week to see how store is running by merchandiser.

4. my coworkers or great people to work with

5. hard part of the job to be in the humid heat

6. to maintain table pull dead plants and replenish with new.
Pros
break
Cons
short breaks
Productive place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 17, 2014
I basically stock plants all day, it's very hard work but it keeps you busy.
Easy
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMarch 26, 2014
Very easy job, just put the plants where they belong and keep busy. most of the year is pretty boring
Pros
schedule
Cons
the weather
Fun, Fast, and Temporary
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 28, 2014
The pay was sufficient for the work required. The hours were flexible. There was only the problem that the job was seasonal.
Good job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Coolidge, GADecember 23, 2013
A typical work day for me would to be to clock in and get started. First of all I would see if any plants or flowers were out of place by customers. I would then of course place anything out of place back into its correct position. Then I would unload a truck or put any new product in its place. If I didnt have any new product I would pull any bad or dead plants from the shelves and re-stock or zone the area. I only had one other co-worker and we merchandised the entire garden center at Lowe's. My favorite thing about this job was the feeling of accomplishment once I was done zoning an area or completely restocking an area. Placing the flowers and plants by planogram definately made the product appealing to the eye of customers.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
short hourse
The hours were great and the people were even better.
Merchandiser/Vendor (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSNovember 27, 2012
The store I worked at had a great work environment with alot of interesting and nice people.I learned alot of skills essential to working in retail including managerial skills.
Pros
got to make my own schedule
Cons
the work hours went down during the slow season.
Work outside in the fresh air
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2012
I love working outside in the mornings and hearing the birds chirp while I begin my work each day. This is a great and consistant daytime job what enables me to work my second job at night and on the weekends.
One of the most creative jobs I ever had.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 29, 2012
As a merchandiser I displayed the plants in local home improvement stores. As a plant fanatic it was a great learning experience but the best part was turning around and looking back on the tables at the end of the day - instant gratification - it looks GOOD!
Pros
schedule flexibility, working independantly and being able to see what i had accomplished.
Cons
the weather wouldn't cooperate and i keep buying more plants.
creative workplace with live product
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Goulds, FLJuly 10, 2012
create a easy shopping experience for customers starting at the most visible areas, making sure everything is set to P.O.G with price tags. When something is not selling at a set location get approval from store management to place it a more visible area. Working as a team with store personnel is very important. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything has a home.The most enjoyable is to step back after a days work and be proud of what you have accomplished.
Fast pace and self-managed job but it was seasonal
Seasonal Vendor Help (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 5, 2012
As a third party vendor for costa farms, I worked out of both lowes here in dothan unloading freight shipments for the garden center. Would re-organize shelfs and stock new merchandise. I learned alot about shipping and receiving and also how to operate a forklift. Management was great. He trusted all his employees and we never let him down. Co-workers were awesome, we always learned something from each other everyday. Hardest part is that u are always working outside in the heat and if it rains. But I was able to choose my one day off whenever and also work as many hours in the day that i wanted to just as long as i was logging 40 hours a week.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
sometimes i had to travel to the lowe's in enterprise
Good work environment with flexible hours
MERCHANDISER (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 29, 2012
Gardenvision employees work at various Lowe's stores in the garden center. Our job is to make sure everything looks nice and follows the plant-o-gram. 15 minute break every 2 hours on the clock but clock out for lunches.
easy going and enjoyable environment
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  FLJune 25, 2012
I loved working for gardenvision. i learn alot of different organizational skills. i met alot of really fun people and even got to travel a couple times