Company: Gardner Denver Nash, LLC
Today, Gardner Denver, Inc. is a recognized international leader, providing compressed air and gas, vacuum and fluid transfer technologies to industries across the globe.
- Our flexibility worldwide allows us to target fast growing market niches within the industrial, environmental, service, and energy sectors.
- Our vision and market leadership continues to provide the strong results valued by our customers, distributors, suppliers and employees.
- Our commitment to international presence and strength assures our customers Gardner Denver is here today . . . and we’ll be here tomorrow.
Gardner Denver’s Engineered Products Group Nash Division provides improved global service and technical support for NASH liquid ring vacuum pumps, compressors and engineered systems through our technical centers, manufacturing plants and service centers strategically located around the world.
We continue to seek dedicated and enthusiastic talent, who can help us transform our vision into reality.
If you are looking for a career with:
- challenging and rewarding assignments
- a respected leader in the marketplace
- opportunities to make an immediate impact
- a dynamic growing company
Then, check out this employment opportunity!
Design/Development Engineer – Large Rotating Equipment
Apply theories and principles to both simple and complex work in research and development, including the design, product characteristics and documentation necessary to produce the design in quantity. Use tools to aid in product design and re-design. Team with Marketing to ensure the best possible commercialization of the product. Interface with manufacturing to ensure smooth transition from prototype to pilot run.
- Evaluate existing products for re-design based on issues raised by customers, vendors or internal team. Assess functions to determine whether new product would enhance existing product line or provide additional function for customers. Collect data on products through reports, testing and customer information.
- Work with production processes, suggests changes to improve efficiencies. Coordinates activities surrounding line or range of products, following product from design through production. Organize activities between production and engineering to implement new production introductions. Develop project timelines and product cost comparisons, selects materials, commercial parts and technical data.
- Design new and/or re-design existing product lines. Produce designs, complex layouts, assemblies, detail parts list drawings on the CAD system generates associated bills of material. Ensure designs support cost effectiveness.
- Coordinate all product test activities. Build and test prototypes. Follow up appropriately to correct errors. Work with QA to insure quality and ISO standards are met.
- May be involved in patent applications for new or existing products.
- Follow ISO quality guidelines regarding design and production of new/revised products. Assist manufacturing and quality control to correct any problems encountered in the machine shop or on the assembly floor.
- Work with Quality staff to understand and communicate relevant warranty
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (or international equivalent) and 7+ years’ demonstrated engineering fundamentals experience with rotating equipment and casting design - preferred
- Proficient in appropriate computer software necessary to successfully navigate the job (i.e. CAD/CAM, Microsoft Office, etc)
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably one handling ferrous and non-ferrous materials.
- Project management experience and ability to interface with all levels of engineering, procurement, shipping, production, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships with customers.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written & presentation).
Gardner Denver offers an attractive compensation package, including a matching 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and a comprehensive set of benefits. Employees can participate in medical and dental health care plans. The company also provides life, accidental death and dismemberment, short and long term disability insurances.
Resumes must include salary information to be considered. Only candidates, who meet the position requirements, will be contacted. No agencies.
Relocation assistance available.
Use code DEV ENG in the subject line of the email.
Gardner Denver, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer