Gardner Denver Employee Reviews

Great Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 8, 2017
Interned at GD. Great program that allows you to really get to know the leaders around the company through "lunch with a leader" learned a lot on how a corporate company functions.
Good people in Fort Worth
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed my co workers in the Fort Worth office. I felt the benefits are okay and the salary is mostly fair. I feel like management has gotten less upstanding in some cases recently.
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 17, 2017
It was a great place to work the whole way through. I've made lifelong friends with a lot of people throughout the years there.. I've also advanced from being a young man still learning the ropes of the business, to being a very important part of how things ran from day to day..
Pros
Competitive Pay, Advancement Opportunity
Cons
The Oilfield Is Always Touch & Go..
no bad
Master Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2017
no to bad a place, I worked their until the gas market dead. good people, very old school thinking. needed to keep working with less chance of layoff.
Pros
people
Cons
oil/ gas
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quincy IlMay 10, 2017
Nice place to work
Great benefits
Can be stressful but when working with customers it can be very rewarding
I have learned a lot working for Gardner Denver and hope to grow in my career.
Nice people
Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 18, 2017
They have good holidays. They have people in management that they favor their buddies. Its very hard to get promoted. Its very hard to get promoted and they have people in places that don't know their job
Pros
Nice people
Cons
no advancement and they have the buddy buddy thing going on
The money is great the environment not so much
Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 29, 2017
I used to love my job the environment was great, the pay everything, but every since they brought in a new quality manager and materials manager I am asked to do more work in a days time than one person can handle. The chance to advance is minimal once you reach group leader and that is not enough for me. There was a time when we mass produced air compressors since the hiring of the new materials manager we can barley complete our mps 3 months out of the year and the little guy is the one to blame of course
Pros
Pay is excellent, Most of mgmt are great to work for
Cons
materials are always short and the quality manager is very abrasive in a public manner
Great Place to work
Part-time Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMarch 10, 2017
This company does not exist anymore in Grand Haven as it closed up decades ago. It was a great computer room main frame operator job with very good pay for the decade.
IT Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2017
Fast paced work environment with great benefits and good employees. Numerous opportunities in every department for advancement and recognition. Manufacturing environment
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 22, 2017
Nice place to work. Good benefits and vacation. Friendly people and always learning new things. I don't work a lot of weekends
Lack of Management
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 20, 2017
Management is going in two directions, therefore, the company is going in no direction. One part is caught in the past, the other is trying to move the company forward. Everyone else is stuck in the middle
It was a great company i have ever worked for
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 18, 2017
It was very interesting working for this great company where I learned many things about networking. The working environment is very conducive and it encourages uplifting. I was given the opportunity to advance my career. Lastly, it was a great experience working for this company.
Good work but, hard to get on full-time with benefits
Also, pressure test units and assist other depts (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 30, 2017
I worked there for 11 and a half months at $8 p/h hoping for a full-time spot and got laid off. In Sedalia, MO it is difficult to get a full-time spot at a manufacturing company without going through a temporary work agency. seems very in fair but, such is life. You suck it up and keep moving forward.
Pros
Good work, good people, great hours
Cons
hard to advance
Productive facility and well advanced
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Princeton, ILJanuary 4, 2017
I was able to shadow the facility's engineer, which gave me a great outlook on what I will be doing in my future. It was fun and very interesting. I was always working on something and the days just flew by.
Dresser will be missed
Director, Global Commodity Management (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 7, 2016
Dresser is a broad company in both products and geographic locations. It offers challenging and rewarding assignments
Machinest
Class A Machinest (Current Employee) –  Benbrook, TXOctober 31, 2016
r&d setup and run. Minor program changes . I have a great background of multiple machines and controls, and great knowledge of tooling and building fixtures.
Good bosses and crew
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXOctober 10, 2016
On a day to day basis it was always a good time. We always were able to get the work done in a timely fashion and still have a good time. I enjoyed the bosses and the crew. The best part of the job was being able to learn new things from people who had more experience.
Pros
Great breaks time lengths
No Opportunity for Advancement
EHS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2016
The company is very segmented and each facility is secluded from the others. There is no real career ladder or opportunity for advancement. There is little to no management support and decisions are made on the fly and without good sound logic.
Strong Air Compressor Business locally built
Customer Service / Managed Care (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 15, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Gardner Denver, working in the Air Compressor and Auto Motive industry most of my life. Solid Company, but plant and job relocations pushed me to look for another position in my area.
Pros
Strong Air Compressor Market and Auto industry base
Cons
restructuring and down sizing to meet the needs
Enjoyable environment
Hand Finisher/ Pressure Tech (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 16, 2016
Great job to work! Amazing help and experience from each individual co-worker. Atmosphere there was really great. Learned a lot of knowledge from there that well help with my future career.