Gardner Employee Reviews in United States

Great place, great people, great hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2015
A great place to work. Loved the people, the location, and hours. Became a family business almost, had a few family members working there. I became a mother, and my priorities changed.
Fantastic Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
Gardner is an amazing place to work. The benefits are fantastic and the opportunities dynamic. In addition, the people are outstanding with the teamwork being one of a kind
working at Wise Acres Nursery
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 10, 2015
I worked at Wise Acres Nursery doing all sorts of stuff. I did what my supervisor told me to. I learned how to garden and I learned that I am good at it and I like it. the hardest part of the job was pulling weeds, but I felt good at the end of the day cause I had worked hard. I really want to get a job with a landscaping or lawn maintenance type company.
Pros
I get to work outside with my hands
Cons
Hot, but feels good at the end of the day
Great learning experience and worked with some nice people.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WAMay 30, 2015
I was hired into the Healthcare Litigation Group because I had a medical background. The group practice had six people in it and it turned out to be a very busy practice working with various contracted Providers. I transcribed depositions, set up and organized clients and chron files. I did a lot of filing. We moved four times in 31/2 years in the same building then we moved to another area further into Washinton, D.C. I also worked in other various practices such as government contracts and communications. I worked very hard and learned a great deal of experience while I was there.
Pros
Good money and benefits. nice people to work with.
Cons
None.
horrible management and respect for employees.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLApril 30, 2015
You travel all over the country with no time table to schedule personal errands. There is no compensation for travel, you spend months on the road with no holiday pay and expected to work on the holidays also. We receive enough hours for food and minimal bills. I usually pay at least one bill late every month. Not allowed to use company vehicles for personal use, will take money from paycheck. Not paid for work off the job site, you will fight, complain and lose track of missing hours before check is fixed. Will not receive pay raises for the skills or certs. learned on the job or in classroom. Not a place for long term employment, but if you need a job they hire anybody. I found another job, properly put my notice in with the company and was transitioning to my new job and the owner called the new company complaining about a conflict of interest preventing me from being employed. This seems to happen to allot of the employees that try to better themselves, this company does not give any good references and has called companies of my coworkers and harassed them even 6 months of not being on their payroll.
Pros
Travel
Cons
no benefits, personal time.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, VAApril 29, 2015
a typical day at work involved flagging. I learned to be aware of people and traffic the management was ok the co-workers where good people and easy to get along with. the hardest part was the low pay. the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
people
Cons
long work hrs and low pay
productive and fun work place
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2015
a typical day at work would be me placing boxes from one pallet onto another an wrapping them so that I can place a sticker on the outside of the tape.
Pros
customer service
Cons
seasonal
Forklift
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Job was ok. Not enough income to take care of family at the time. People was friendly and the management was ok, A nice place gotten afford to stay needed income.
Productive and fun
Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2015
It was great working there. they had a great and hardworking supervisors and people working there.It was a pleasure to work there
Pros
free cookout
Cons
short breaks and healthcare
Family owned and operated, open door policy, management was wonderful
Sr. Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, Ohio 43204February 17, 2015
In my years at Gardner I grew as an employee and a person. Not only did I experience and learn a lot I was blessed to work in an environment that allowed me to implement new policy and watch the company flourish, for that I feel blessed to have been part of that experience and know I contributed.

I was very undecided to leave; however I am seeking a position that will allow me to grow and advance in the management arena.
Pros
work out facility, excellent staff, family owned and operated
Cons
health insurance
Wonderful company, great attorneys loads of fun
Private Secretary/ Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Worked for the senior partners, great boss, was patient, appreciative and supportive.

Is a very good place to work, always tried to help the clients, always wanted the best for the clients, and made one proud to work there.

Had employee appreciation day once a month, recognized someone for what they did; always was doing nice things for the employees. Unfortunately, the office manager, drank a lot, and after a while was found out , she jeopardized a lot of jobs for a lot of people.
Pros
paid well, nice lunches for the employees and good attorneys
Cons
office manager was treacherous and dangerous
Gardening maintenance
Gardner (Current Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 14, 2014
A typical day at work consists of meeting our customer wants and needs regarding their property, as well as, gardening, fall and spring clean up, and maintaining properties through out the season.
Very poor managment
company driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORNovember 8, 2014
I left a good OTR driving job because I wanted to have more time at home. I interviewed with Gardner for a local job, and I was offered a local job. After orientation, they put me into a regional position. I requested the job I had been offered, and was told I would not be put into that position because the manager didn't trust his other drivers to do the regional work. If I had known what I was getting into, I would never have accepted the job.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
14-16 hour days, management wanted us to fudge on the logbooks to get more miles in each day
I love working here it has a safe and kind atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2014
I love being on the phones and resolving customer issues and making sales. Could use more pay, haven't had a raise in two years, not due to any fault of my own. Just really slow with reviews.
Pros
very fair company and good benefits
Cons
could use more pay and employee reviews are not on toime
Very enjoyable and challenging
Clerk/Runner (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2014
I would copy, file, fax and run errands.
I learned alot about different lawyers and what they do.
Management was successful
Co-workers were great to work with
Hardest part was finding different law firms around town
Working with people I've known for along time
Pros
learning and challenging
Cons
leaving
manage my own schedule
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 16, 2014
My day started @ 6AM Coordinated with project supt on tasks needed to be completed for the next 3 days minimum.Management communication and coordination along with technical information needed to complete survey tasks was lacking making my scheduling difficult. But, i did prevail, on doing what I was hired to do, giving me the satisfaction of providing my services to build a project of this magnitude.
Pros
freedom of scheduling
Cons
no benefits, no paid holidays, no vacaction, no sick leave
Management leads by example. Great community spirit.
CORPORATE CREDIT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed getting up to go to work every day. Good management team. Family owned since 1947.
enjoyed working outdoors and work with great people
horticulturist (Former Employee) –  East Glacier Park, MTNovember 30, 2013
watering for an hour weeding the garden any side projects doing in a timely manner 1 to 2 hours tops i have learned different floweral and pestisides helping and informing co-workers of what needs to be done. co-worker were always on time to work and worked until the end of the season as well as being reliable dependable.
i would say the hardest part of the job was planting two seperate locations on the same day. the most enjoyable time of the job was being able to be outdors as well as being able to inform tourist of different floweral.
Pros
traveling to different properties and seeing different parts of the park
Cons
a short season of 5 months
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2013
Design Electronic circuits Schematics and PCB.
Prepare Electronic Equipment designed by us, like Data Acquisition, Programmer, Servo Controler. I made their calibration and their cables for the Servo-hydraulic machines.
Documentation in AutoCAD
Cons
medical insurance
good hardb workers
irigation Gardener (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 18, 2013
wee all learned a lot it still helps me in my life I can fix my own home I like my garden and lanscaping