Gardner Employee Reviews

Blessing
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wenersville, PA 19610November 6, 2017
The job was a busy one, yet very rewarding. The people that I worked with were nice and pleasent. The managment was nice and flexable. The people that viewed the property in which we worked on were nice and grateful. I enjoyed planting the life blood of the planet.
Need to pay better for the workload
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2017
Nice friendly company, but they need to train more extensively and pay better for the amount of work that you are expected to do. Company treats you nicely other than that.
Gardner Inc
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2017
A typical day of work for me was going in, saying hello to everyone and greeting everyone nicely, then getting a bottle of water and went up the stairs to work. I learned many things from working at Gardner it was picking and packing, I learned the code numbers for scanning the items in the boxes quick, how to use the computers, work well with other people. I liked how the managers was, if we had questions we could go ask them about anything, if we ran out of boxes they would get more for us, they was helpful! The hardest part about the job was running back and fourth box to box, it got very hot because it was a warehouse. I only worked there for 3 months, a seasonal job because I was still in high school at the time. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people, learning new experiences!
Pros
good people, good food, good pay
Cons
it is very hot in a warehouse working area, working with alot of sweaty other people
Ok starting job for new cdl drivers
Drivet (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 2, 2017
Great job for a beginning truck driver! But getting paid by the load my opinion it's not worth all the time that it requires to make a alright check. Good work environment.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORFebruary 18, 2017
Lots of work in the summer but slows way down in the winter months.
Not a bad company to work for.
Company was bought out by CRST fall out hasn't happened yet so that's a plus.
Pros
Lots of ot in the summer
Cons
Summer months
Operator (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, VAOctober 25, 2016
Really good place to work but no opportunity to move up in the company. They are nice people to work for and understand when you need a day off.
Pros
Good hour
Productive work place
Broad acres open (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2016
I work with a great people. I enjoy going to at sun rise to great the staff , then head off in my cart to inspect the property of any water leaks, standing water, public destruction IE graffiti, any damage to trees and shrubs.
The day goes by quick, there is never a shortage of things to address, IE tree trimming hedge trimming , irrigation issues, removal of weeds etc.
Before I know it, it's time to clock out. It's often funny that my co-workers have to remind me to clock out.
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
N/a
Make your own schedule, not tied to 1 location.
Loss Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Residential and Commercial propertiesAugust 10, 2016
Taking pictures and measurements of residential and commercial properties for insurance companies loss control. Hardest part of the job is scheduling with policy holders and the weather.
Great high energy environment with very good people.
Construction Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 1, 2016
Working with The Gardner Company was a great experience and a wonderful building block for my career. I had a great opportunity to manage some very high profile projects and work with some excellent people.
Great place, great people, great hours
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2015
A great place to work. Loved the people, the location, and hours. Became a family business almost, had a few family members working there. I became a mother, and my priorities changed.
Fantastic Firm
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2015
Gardner is an amazing place to work. The benefits are fantastic and the opportunities dynamic. In addition, the people are outstanding with the teamwork being one of a kind
working at Wise Acres Nursery
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 10, 2015
I worked at Wise Acres Nursery doing all sorts of stuff. I did what my supervisor told me to. I learned how to garden and I learned that I am good at it and I like it. the hardest part of the job was pulling weeds, but I felt good at the end of the day cause I had worked hard. I really want to get a job with a landscaping or lawn maintenance type company.
Pros
I get to work outside with my hands
Cons
Hot, but feels good at the end of the day
Great learning experience and worked with some nice people.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglas, WAMay 30, 2015
I was hired into the Healthcare Litigation Group because I had a medical background. The group practice had six people in it and it turned out to be a very busy practice working with various contracted Providers. I transcribed depositions, set up and organized clients and chron files. I did a lot of filing. We moved four times in 31/2 years in the same building then we moved to another area further into Washinton, D.C. I also worked in other various practices such as government contracts and communications. I worked very hard and learned a great deal of experience while I was there.
Pros
Good money and benefits. nice people to work with.
Cons
None.
horrible management and respect for employees.
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLApril 30, 2015
You travel all over the country with no time table to schedule personal errands. There is no compensation for travel, you spend months on the road with no holiday pay and expected to work on the holidays also. We receive enough hours for food and minimal bills. I usually pay at least one bill late every month. Not allowed to use company vehicles for personal use, will take money from paycheck. Not paid for work off the job site, you will fight, complain and lose track of missing hours before check is fixed. Will not receive pay raises for the skills or certs. learned on the job or in classroom. Not a place for long term employment, but if you need a job they hire anybody. I found another job, properly put my notice in with the company and was transitioning to my new job and the owner called the new company complaining about a conflict of interest preventing me from being employed. This seems to happen to allot of the employees that try to better themselves, this company does not give any good references and has called companies of my coworkers and harassed them even 6 months of not being on their payroll.
Pros
Travel
Cons
no benefits, personal time.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, VAApril 29, 2015
a typical day at work involved flagging. I learned to be aware of people and traffic the management was ok the co-workers where good people and easy to get along with. the hardest part was the low pay. the most enjoyable part was the people.
Pros
people
Cons
long work hrs and low pay
productive and fun work place
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2015
a typical day at work would be me placing boxes from one pallet onto another an wrapping them so that I can place a sticker on the outside of the tape.
Pros
customer service
Cons
seasonal
Forklift
Custodian (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Job was ok. Not enough income to take care of family at the time. People was friendly and the management was ok, A nice place gotten afford to stay needed income.
Productive and fun
Packer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2015
It was great working there. they had a great and hardworking supervisors and people working there.It was a pleasure to work there
Pros
Free cookout
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
Family owned and operated, open door policy, management was wonderful
Sr. Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, Ohio 43204February 17, 2015
In my years at Gardner I grew as an employee and a person. Not only did I experience and learn a lot I was blessed to work in an environment that allowed me to implement new policy and watch the company flourish, for that I feel blessed to have been part of that experience and know I contributed.

I was very undecided to leave; however I am seeking a position that will allow me to grow and advance in the management arena.
Pros
Work out facility, excellent staff, family owned and operated
Cons
Health Insurance
Wonderful company, great attorneys loads of fun
Private Secretary/ Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Worked for the senior partners, great boss, was patient, appreciative and supportive.

Is a very good place to work, always tried to help the clients, always wanted the best for the clients, and made one proud to work there.

Had employee appreciation day once a month, recognized someone for what they did; always was doing nice things for the employees. Unfortunately, the office manager, drank a lot, and after a while was found out , she jeopardized a lot of jobs for a lot of people.
Pros
Paid well, nice lunches for the employees and good attorneys
Cons
Office Manager was treacherous and dangerous