Gardner

Gardner Employee Reviews

Great learning experience and worked with some nice people.
Legal Secretary/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Douglas, WAMay 30, 2015
Pros: Good money and benefits. nice people to work with.
Cons: None.
I was hired into the Healthcare Litigation Group because I had a medical background. The group practice had six people in it and it turned out to be a very busy practice working with various contracted Providers. I transcribed depositions, set up and organized clients and chron files. I did a lot of filing. We moved four times in 31/2 years in the same building then we moved to another area further into Washinton, D.C. I also worked in other various practices such as government contracts and communications. I worked very hard and learned a great deal of experience while I was there.
horrible management and respect for employees.
Foreman (Former Employee), Oldsmar, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: no benefits, personal time.
You travel all over the country with no time table to schedule personal errands. There is no compensation for travel, you spend months on the road with no holiday pay and expected to work on the holidays also. We receive enough hours for food and minimal bills. I usually pay at least one bill late every month. Not allowed to use company vehicles for personal use, will take money from paycheck. Not paid for work off the job site, you will fight, complain and lose track of missing hours before check is fixed. Will not receive pay raises for the skills or certs. learned on the job or in classroom. Not a place for long term employment, but if you need a job they hire anybody. I found another job, properly put my notice in with the company and was transitioning to my new job and the owner called the new company complaining about a conflict of interest preventing me from being employed. This seems to happen to allot of the employees that try to better themselves, this company does not give any good references and has called companies of my coworkers and harassed them even 6 months of not being on their payroll.
Laborer (Former Employee), Belfast, VAApril 29, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: long work hrs and low pay
a typical day at work involved flagging. I learned to be aware of people and traffic the management was ok the co-workers where good people and easy to get along with. the hardest part was the low pay. the most enjoyable part was the people.
productive and fun work place
Packaging (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 11, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: seasonal
a typical day at work would be me placing boxes from one pallet onto another an wrapping them so that I can place a sticker on the outside of the tape.
Forklift
Custodian (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAMarch 9, 2015
Job was ok. Not enough income to take care of family at the time. People was friendly and the management was ok, A nice place gotten afford to stay needed income.
Productive and fun
Packer (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free cookout
Cons: short breaks and healthcare
It was great working there. they had a great and hardworking supervisors and people working there.It was a pleasure to work there
Family owned and operated, open door policy, management was wonderful
Sr. Credit and Collections Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, Ohio 43204February 17, 2015
Pros: work out facility, excellent staff, family owned and operated
Cons: health insurance
In my years at Gardner I grew as an employee and a person. Not only did I experience and learn a lot I was blessed to work in an environment that allowed me to implement new policy and watch the company flourish, for that I feel blessed to have been part of that experience and know I contributed.

I was very undecided to leave; however I am seeking a position that will allow me to grow and advance in the management arena.
Wonderful company, great attorneys loads of fun
Private Secretary/ Paralegal (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
Pros: paid well, nice lunches for the employees and good attorneys
Cons: office manager was treacherous and dangerous
Worked for the senior partners, great boss, was patient, appreciative and supportive.

Is a very good place to work, always tried to help the clients, always wanted the best for the clients, and made one proud to work there.

Had employee appreciation day once a month, recognized someone for what they did; always was doing nice things for the employees. Unfortunately, the office manager, drank a lot, and after a while was found out , she jeopardized a lot of jobs for a lot of people.
Gardening maintenance
Gardner (Current Employee), Loveland, CONovember 14, 2014
A typical day at work consists of meeting our customer wants and needs regarding their property, as well as, gardening, fall and spring clean up, and maintaining properties through out the season.
Very poor managment
company driver (Former Employee), Albany, ORNovember 8, 2014
Pros: paycheck
Cons: 14-16 hour days, management wanted us to fudge on the logbooks to get more miles in each day
I left a good OTR driving job because I wanted to have more time at home. I interviewed with Gardner for a local job, and I was offered a local job. After orientation, they put me into a regional position. I requested the job I had been offered, and was told I would not be put into that position because the manager didn't trust his other drivers to do the regional work. If I had known what I was getting into, I would never have accepted the job.
I love working here it has a safe and kind atmosphere
Customer Service Representative/Sales (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2014
Pros: very fair company and good benefits
Cons: could use more pay and employee reviews are not on toime
I love being on the phones and resolving customer issues and making sales. Could use more pay, haven't had a raise in two years, not due to any fault of my own. Just really slow with reviews.
Very enjoyable and challenging
Clerk/Runner (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: learning and challenging
Cons: leaving
I would copy, file, fax and run errands.
I learned alot about different lawyers and what they do.
Management was successful
Co-workers were great to work with
Hardest part was finding different law firms around town
Working with people I've known for along time
manage my own schedule
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 16, 2014
Pros: freedom of scheduling
Cons: no benefits, no paid holidays, no vacaction, no sick leave
My day started @ 6AM Coordinated with project supt on tasks needed to be completed for the next 3 days minimum.Management communication and coordination along with technical information needed to complete survey tasks was lacking making my scheduling difficult. But, i did prevail, on doing what I was hired to do, giving me the satisfaction of providing my services to build a project of this magnitude.
Management leads by example. Great community spirit.
CORPORATE CREDIT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 1, 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed getting up to go to work every day. Good management team. Family owned since 1947.
enjoyed working outdoors and work with great people
horticulturist (Former Employee), East Glacier Park, MTNovember 30, 2013
Pros: traveling to different properties and seeing different parts of the park
Cons: a short season of 5 months
watering for an hour weeding the garden any side projects doing in a timely manner 1 to 2 hours tops i have learned different floweral and pestisides helping and informing co-workers of what needs to be done. co-worker were always on time to work and worked until the end of the season as well as being reliable dependable.
i would say the hardest part of the job was planting two seperate locations on the same day. the most enjoyable time of the job was being able to be outdors as well as being able to inform tourist of different floweral.
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CANovember 12, 2013
Cons: medical insurance
Design Electronic circuits Schematics and PCB.
Prepare Electronic Equipment designed by us, like Data Acquisition, Programmer, Servo Controler. I made their calibration and their cables for the Servo-hydraulic machines.
Documentation in AutoCAD
good hardb workers
irigation Gardener (Former Employee), La Habra, CASeptember 18, 2013
wee all learned a lot it still helps me in my life I can fix my own home I like my garden and lanscaping
Productive but employer/employee relations could be better.
Laborer/Equipment Op (Former Employee), Wardell VASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Cons: no breaks, limited transportation.
Long days, never knew which crew you were going to work with. The managment micro manages to much and doesnt care to try and review the employee's skills to put them where they would be best suited. Co-workers came and went alot. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the traffic and flagging them.
Extremely nice place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 10, 2013
Pros: warm, friendly environment, enjoyed going to work everyday
Cons: could no longer work there
Really enjoyed my work, the lawyers and staff were all very nice people. If circumstances had been different, wished I still worked there
Hard Working Job
Gardner (Current Employee), Pacoima, CAApril 22, 2013
A typical day at work is just to drive to a house and take care of what needs to be taken care of and have our lunch break and continue working. I've learned how to use the gardening machines and how to take care of plants. Management was good they are great leaders where i learned a lot from. My co-workers were inspiring and very helpful. The hardest part of the job would be mowing the lawn and the easiest or most enjoyable part would be raking the leaves or trash.

About Gardner

Gardner Denver, Inc. (Gardner Denver) designs, manufacturers and markets compressor and vacuum products and fluid transfer products. – Read more

Gardner Salaries