Garmin Employee Reviews

Garmin has two sides, engineering and operations.
Reverse Logistics Processor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 22, 2017
While the benefits are great, and the company is expanding, they seem to not favor hiring from within. The people I work with are great, and take pride in what we do, but don't necessarily feel engaged by the company.
Pros
Great healthcare, vision, and dental insurance
Cons
Difficult to advance from hourly to salary even after getting a degree.
Decent, but stagnant.
Trainer, Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85710April 18, 2017
The job is easy enough, but dead-end, especially in the Tucson office. They do not put enough focus into customer service, so employees in this field are very undervalued.
Pros
Discounts on cool stuff, benefits are pretty good
Cons
No room to grow
Enjoyable Work, Relaxed Atmosphere
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 1, 2017
At Garmin, I enjoy lots of collaboration. From code reviews to design discussions, working with the other associates is a pleasure. The people are smart and easy to work with.

Management does a good job of directing projects, and work hard to avoid overworking the associates. They are also actively and openly working to improve their management style based on feedback from annual company surveys.

There is no dress code, and the company provides many amenities like premium coffee, game room areas, Foosball, ping pong tables, workout facility, soccer field, volleyball courts, walking trail.. you get the picture.
Pros
Relaxed environment, nice amenities, good work-life balance, fun projects
Cons
High stress periods, less-than transparent advancement
Great Company
TECHNICAL SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 29, 2017
Great Company with strong values and excellent management. Very flexible and understanding. The work was challenging and very easy to stay busy. Overall I was very happy with my time there.
Good Company, Good Benefits, Fair Management
Customer Care/Product Support (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MissouriMarch 27, 2017
Assisted Customers with GPS products to resolve issues and update.
Garmin provides ongoing training with new and existing products.
Workplace is clean, and managed efficiently.
Management is fair.
Hardest part of this job is striving to keep customers happy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you resolve an issue for a customer and they are satisfied.
Pros
Good benefits and incentives
Cons
Negative point system used for time betwn calls, breaks, sick time.
Experience at Garmin
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 7, 2017
My experience at Garmin was great. Everyone was easy going and helpful. I learned so much at fitness equipment and how serious taking care of my health is. Management was understanding and helpful. The workplace culture was easy going and friendly. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The center is open from business hours and closed weekends. It worked great for a while but as life changed my schedule needed to change with it. Every day was an enjoyable experience at Garmin. It was a great experience.
A Mostly Good Short-Term Gig
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORMarch 3, 2017
• A typical day at work: Usually no less than five or six separately-trained tasks over the course of a day. Some multi-tasking, but well within reason most of the time.

• What I learned: Many interesting aspects of SMT assembly and Garmin's product line, brushed up on electronic assembly skills, mainly manual soldering and wave machine operation.

• Workplace culture: Civil and reasonable. Apart from some isolated instances of "office politics" (a resentful senior assembly worker who was about to retire, thus immune to any consequences of "throwing people under the bus," and an emotionally unstable test technician with territorial issues) it's ordinarily a very pleasant place to work, with supervisory staff quite approachable most of the time.

• The hardest part of the job: In the final months prior to being discharged for seeking permanent employment elsewhere, working with the knowledge that it would never be more than a temporary position.

• The most enjoyable part of the job: generally pleasant co-workers, a low-stress environment (usually) and always something new to learn about the process.

• Management: Generally rational, sensible and easy to work with, but not forthcoming about their intentions with regard to hiring. A supervisor who gives hiring preference to a 19-year-old (brought aboard as a temp several months after myself) on the basis of being friends with that candidate's father, should at least make the effort to come up with a more imaginative explanation than "your résumé got lost in the shuffle."
Pros
Clean, organized, well-lit work environment, line lead(s) and support staff always helpful, "permanent temps" are treated like full employees in some respects.
Cons
Gray hair viewed unfavorably with regard to bottom-end production floor hiring preferences.
Friendly Employees
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 13, 2017
Seems like a great pleace to work, but not enough work to keep me busy all day everyday. I don't like being bored and it seems the job is not what they told me about.
positive company
CUSTOMER SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2017
Enjoyed working for Garmin. Had excellent new employee training program. Excellent benefits. Was always given ability to use judgement when offering customer resolution. Opportunities to transfer to different device support.
Pros
Benefits, hours, fun yet rewarding cusotmer and coworker interactions
Cons
Some days were not as challenging as others
Good Steady Job
Product Support Specialist- Marine (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work if you only want to pay your bills. Little to no chance for internal advancement. Very stingy on raises. EVERYTHING is decided by the people in Kansas.
Super chill atmosphere.
Pros
Good stable company.
Cons
No raises, no advancement.
Great place to develope skills
Product Support Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 23, 2017
On a daily basis I work with customers to determine what best serves the customer's individual needs. I provides “how to” assistance and support on consumer devices by answering phone calls and emails. I monitor and document then report failure trends in Garmin equipment while identifying and recommending improvements in Garmin products. I answer inquiries and requests regarding products, orders, pricing and other services offered by Garmin. I Mentor new hires, guiding them through their daily routine. I train in a class room setting or one-on-one to solidify procedural concepts and product knowledge.

Garmin is a amazing place to work. I have grown so much since I started here. Management is open and approachable, teams are focused on growth and level of service being offered.
Fun and dynamic place but not the work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part is the people who work there and the atmosphere. There is a certain amount of time that is recommended to help solve a problem but this is never a hard cap. Because of the lax requirements on the floor, people mingle quite a lot. In addition, the upper management are very friendly. In addition, everyone around you is in the same boat so if you need help with something there are plenty of people to ask. If it wasn't for the type of work it is I would have given a 5 star.
Pros
No time limit on calls, integrated system, friendly coworkers
Cons
Clunky tracking system, same call every day
Incredible people
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 31, 2016
Call center work can be challenging and stressful but when you have great people, both co-workers & Supervisors it makes the day easier to get through.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No room for advancement.
Great corporation, horrible local management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORDecember 13, 2016
The company overall provides great benefits and treats employees well, globally. The local management / leadership needs to go through a culture change. Facilities and management in the mid west are top notch. Salem Oregon is in the stone age. Low level employees are not paid well and the level of politics holds many of the back from ever moving up in the ranks.
Pros
good insurance, recreation equipment and facilities
Cons
poor leadership and communication
Productive and good place to work
Administrative Assistant / Order Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEOctober 12, 2016
Garmin is a company who cares of their employees and gives oportunities to grow on knowledge and experience.
Garmin is a leading company in technology who cares of the enviroment and on giving the best product to people.
The star products are GPS for cars, airplanes and boats, also they offer products to improve health and to for measure data for athletes.
My experience working with them was productive and friendly.
it ok
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062September 26, 2016
they are moving everything to Olathe and i live in MO i cant afford to make the drive on the salary they provide so i have to quit and find a new job and they are offering no compensation.
Great Work and Life balance.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 25, 2016
Challenging work environment. 0 growth opportunity. If you want job security but no career, this is the place. No Bonuses. Great 401K, health benefits.
great co-workers, great benefits.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 25, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers...2nd shift management usually played there little games of who they like and don't like. Job was easy. benefits were great. I got let go during time off for health reasons. i was shocked when i got the call not to return to work the following week. if you work there, work on 1st shift. 2nd shift management was terrible in the production area alot of work needs to be done there.
Pros
company outings, benefits.
Cons
2nd shift management in production areas, getting letting go while i was on fmla
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 23, 2016
Fast paced work environment. People are great. Cutting edge technology. What I enjoyed the most was the introduction of a new product into production. It was fun solving the problems and suggesting solutions. I enjoyed working with the engineers with troubleshoot, repair and production flow.
Pros
Excellent staff
Great inviroment
Production/Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 11, 2016
Wonderful hours and people. loved the OVER TIME. Nothing compared to the work it wasn't hard but NOT easy. The people were nice to

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garmin. Our community is ready to answer.