Gas Consultants in Walton Hills, Ohio is seeking an engineer to perform testing and design work on appliances. Gas Consultants works with appliance manufacturers to optimize the performance and safety of their natural gas and propane appliances including water heaters, furnaces, stoves and grills.
The applicant’s responsibilities may include all portions of the appliance design including 3D modeling, component prototyping, test protocols and procedures, performing the tests and certification of the final product to national (ANSI) standards. The applicant will work closely with our customers to determine their design and testing objectives, along with preparing quotes and working within budgets.
This is a hands on position where the applicant will work with sheet metal to fabricate prototypes, will work with various hand and power tools and will work with test equipment including gas analyzers and data acquisition. The applicant will be responsible for determining applicable tests to conduct and recording the results in an R & D fashion to arrive at an acceptable end product. The applicant may supervise technicians and other support personnel when necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering field.
- Experience using hand and power tools a plus.
- Understanding of how to use test equipment, including temperature and voltage meters.
- Be able to read and understand ANSI standards.
- Knowledge of how to use MS Windows and MS Office.
- Willingness to travel to our Colorado facility for 1-2 weeks at a time is a plus.
Pay and Benefits:
- Full time position.
- Pay is salary based.
- Paid holidays.
- Eligible for paid vacation and sick.
- Great health insurance program.
- Eligible for company matched retirement program.
Please visit our web site at www.GasConsultants.com for more details about Gas Consultants