Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network Environment maintenance, support and troubleshooting.
- Receives support calls on network, server, and workstation equipment and diagnoses problems.
- Receives support calls on server and workstation operating systems and system utilities.
- Receives support calls on server and workstation applications and diagnoses problems.
- Performs equipment repair, builds cables, and replaces boards and components to identify or remedy failures.
- Monitors network and system processing activities by observing performance management tools.
- Performs local and remote testing and fault diagnoses of network, servers, and workstations.
- Performs all functions required to prepare and install servers and workstations hardware/software.
- Recommends new IT hardware, software, and applications.
- Develops network and system documentation including operating procedures and policies.
- Trains users in the basic operation and maintenance of microcomputers and related components.
- Operates other information technology related equipment such as scanners, printers, plotters, graphics equipment, etc.
- Responds to equipment malfunctions by referring to operating instructions or advising supervisor of major malfunctions.
- May contact vendors for service call assistance in repairing or correcting equipment malfunctions.
- Determines appropriate reload and backup procedures for databases; monitors and
- Records impact of aborted jobs on database and data communications files.
- Knowledge and experience with Network environment and communications infrastructures.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Server operating system and utilities.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Workstation operating systems and utilities.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Domain Controller Servers and Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange Servers and Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Access Database.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Internet technologies, Web Browsers, and Web software.
- Ability and troubleshooting experience of network, mid-range server, and workstations.
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware and/or software operating systems and applications.
- Ability and willingness to communicate effectively with IT peers, management and ownership.
- Ability to prepare and install network, mid-range server, and workstation and related equipment.
- Ability to prepare and install operating system software, systems utilities and application packages.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- Ability to organize, co-ordinate, and determine work priorities of the assigned location(s).
- Ability to detail and explain instructions and guidelines to others effectively.
Completion of a two-year, college level information systems and/or computer degree.
3 Years experience supporting a network, mid-range server, and multi-user workstation IT environment. Experience in an IT Help Desk and support function and environment a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Network and/or Microsoft AE, ASE, SE, or advanced Certification a plus.
Indeed - 24 months ago