The Administrative Assistant is directly involved in the maintenance of accurate and complete census information, billing and resident accounts receivable statements. This individual will act as the facility liaison with the third party billing company. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the collection of all payroll information and assuring it is communicated to home office for payroll processing, as well as all new hire paperwork and scheduling of pre-employment screens, and pre-employment tasks. The Administrative Assistant is a key and visible ancillary staff member working directly with all residents, families, and employees. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the timely management of all incoming calls, effectively communicating to all callers and dispatching calls appropriately to the correct department. This individual is the first impression for visitors entering the facility and is able to convey facilities beliefs.
Essential Functions - Exhibits ability to perform functions of providing the following;
Census and Accounts Receivable:
- Provides necessary information as requested by the home office for adequate billing.
- Be a dedicated member of the Admissions Team, provide payer verification and pre-cert insurance when appropriate, and provide necessary ancillary support as per protocols;
- Prepare cash and check deposits assuring deposit logs are accurate and submitted to third party billing company in a timely fashion. Assure copies of all checks received are made and maintained;
- Responsible for the timely collection of all Private accounts and follows up daily with slow payers, initiating collection actions with the assistance of the Home Office;
- Respond to all demand bills in an appropriate time frame, and ensure that correct notices are issued to responsible parties regarding any payer changes, cut letters, ABN’s, etc.;
- Maintain resident financial files to include all items as provided by Home Office, appropriately signed and neatly filed;
- Assist Social Services in any applications for Medicaid;
- Assists residents with any adjustments to their insurance, and ensuring all resource funds are direct deposited to company’s account when required or appropriate;
- Assist Social Services in submission of all appropriate information to County agencies, including 9401’s, and the like;
- Maintain close and professional working relationship with County case worker where appropriate;
- Assist in data collection for any facility related audits.
- Collects, verifies, obtains final approval from Department Managers and submits all payroll corrections, vacations, and approvals to the Home Office;
- Assures accurate tracking of all new employment mandatory tasks to include; licensure, NAR, BCI and reference checks;
- Assists managers with all pre-employment paperwork to include pre-employment drug screening and criminal record check and conveys all pertinent information to Home Office;
- Acts as liaison between Home Office and all employees assuring corrections to any payroll issues are correctly in a timely manner.
- Answer all incoming phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner;
- Screen calls as necessary to reduce messages left for questions that could have been addressed, assure staff do not receive personal calls and telemarketers are dealt with in a professional but firm manner;
- Assure all physician and hospital calls are handled quickly to assure they are given priority attention, if unable to reach nurse assure call is given to DON or Administrator.
- Assures lobby door locks are functioning properly;
- Opens doors for all visitors coming and going, assuring the residents safety at all times.
- Assure all visitors provide you with the reason they are in the facility and are properly signed in prior to leaving the reception area;
- Assure no resident is allowed out of facility without first checking with Nurses station to assure resident is signed out properly and allowed to leave under the supervision of the escort;
- Assure lobby is free from spills and hazards, clean areas throughout the day or assure housekeeping addressed any areas that cannot be quickly cleaned;
- Monitor the residents in the lobby and alert nursing to any resident in needs of assistance.
Resident Rights/HIPPA Functions:
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information following all standards and guidelines of HIPPA;
- Ensure that all residents are treated fairly, and with kindness, dignity and respect;
- Knock before entering the resident’s room;
- When speaking on the phone regarding resident information, assure confidentiality at all times, being careful to be aware of who is standing near the desk and may overhear conversation;
- Report all grievances and complaints made by the resident to the Administrator.
Other Position Functions:
- Receives mail daily and assures timely and appropriate disbursement;
- Opens and sorts all Accounts Payable related items following the Home Office’s Policy and Procedures;
- Check fax machine at least once every hour to assure no admission faxes have arrived, if they have call the Administrator to make them aware;
- Perform Administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. and assisting Managers as requested;
- Conducts self with professional decorum at all times and with all persons in the facility;
- Follows established Infection Control policies and procedures;
- Report all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc. to Administrator immediately.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in a legible and understandable manner;
- Must be able to read and comprehend simple written information/instructions;
- Shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace. Possesses the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Maintains compliance with all HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Ability to assume accountability for all data contained in the employee’s handbook.
- Other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
- Absolute and complete professionalism and confidentiality continually maintained.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Must possess exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents, families, community members, volunteers, and other facility staff.
- A special interest in working with long term residents and the elderly is preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Working knowledge of office machines, such as copiers, scanners, faxes, phone systems, etc.
- General computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Google
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must attend and participate in continuing education programs and all mandatory in-services;
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability;
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Experience: First level accounting, or basic bookkeeping course or prior long term care bookkeeping experience is strongly preferred.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Gaslite Villa offers a full continuum of care, from independent living to temporary respite care, to long-term skilled nursing, to hospice...